Marsden Building Maintenance Employee Reviews

a great place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 12, 2017
marsden is a great company, they promote from with in. our ceo was a part time cleaner at one point. i feel i have reached the limit of my advancement with this company.
Challenging
LEAD/DAY PORTER (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 25, 2017
I've been with Marsden for 3 years now and it is a great company to work for. Over the years I've gone through 4 managers and they all have been so supportive of me including other staff. They went out of their way making it flexible for me while attending college at the same time. Within my 2nd year of being employ, I was granted a opportunity to take the lead position, which I am truly grateful for.
I like to work with different cultural peoples.
General Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 12, 2017
i like about my my prevues job is team work. I used to work with different cultural people and i enjoyed and i had learn a lot of things. when i worked Marsden Building Maintenance it was peaceful company.
poor
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMay 31, 2017
I worked for over 3 years at Marsden with no raise, no time paid off, I was injured at work and almost lost my job because of missed days, I was told that as long as 1 of us worked it was ok so I took a couple of days off and was fired. All they can do is complain, no compliments. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Never heard from management while I was working.
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 17, 2017
I never heard from management while I worked there for 2 years unless it was to complain about something. No great job or you're doing awesome. I never called in sick except once. No pay increase after 2 years. Not even a dime.
It's a good part-time job
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 13, 2017
It's a good job if you want to stay on part-time but I didn't receive a lot of hours. The buildings that are given to are time limited. They don't pay for gas or travel time. I wouldn't recommend unless they offer you full-time.
Pros
Good for part-time
Cons
Have to use your own gas
A decent workplace
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 10, 2017
In most cases a very average workplace. The workload was usually was not overly high, and co-workers are mostly friendly, widely varied, and interesting to work with.

Management and supervision is perhaps a little lacking in many cases, and generally seems to be suffering from poor communication with each other and its staff (though there are exceptions) and this occasionally causes difficulties.

Overall, a decent job with good benefits and wages, but that may sometimes not clearly express themselves.
Pros
decent wages, work, and hours
Cons
less than effective management
very little
service worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 13, 2017
If you think your are going to get any thing out of this company - think again - they hire the lowest form of human life an pay them little to nothing!! All of the jobs they submit you to no one else will ever take. Go else were!!!
Pros
The have a reputation of getting the very hardest jobs keep you in shape.
Cons
Expect very low wages an very hard work - go else where!!
Easy, great place to work, but hardly any advancement opportunities
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 12, 2017
I would say that this is probably one of the better places I've worked. The only downside to this job is you don't get many chances to go higher within the company.
Pros
Around people, great co-corkers
Cons
No breaks
Fun, nice people, easy work
On Call Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Worthington, MNMarch 11, 2017
I work as an On-call cleaner & I have had a great experience with this company. The job is simple & the training is thorough. You'll feel comfortable going it alone after training in. Everyone is extremely helpful & friendly. They work with you on your schedule & will not be upset if you aren't able to take a shift. If you need a job w/ a lot of hours it might not be right for you.
Pros
Flexible, friendly coworkers
Cons
Not a lot of hours, short PM shifts
great place to work
General Cleaner/Floor Care (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 8, 2017
enjoyed working at marsdens learned everything i know in janitorial field from the great supervisors i was lucky to have gained lots of skills which i have been able to use in other jobs to further my career .
Pros
company offers skills to advance your career.
Cons
not any i can think of.
fast pace and
QR (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 12, 2017
i would arrive at work and clock in. I would hear the safety tip for the day. I learned that you need to let management know if you can't fill your shift. I enjoy working with my co-worker.
Over Work Experience
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 29, 2015
While I worked with Marsden, management treated me fairly and was respectful. I worked in a welcoming, comfortable, and safe environment. During a typical day, I was responsible for cleaning floors, dusting, washing cleaning supplies, and restocking supplies. I worked well with my co workers on and individual and team basis. The hardest part of this position was carrying a back pack vacuum. The most enjoyable part of this job was cleaning up after a party.
balance of family and work doesnt matter
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 11, 2015
Very stressful and demanding 24/7, no time for anything. too much with no pay. lack of communication makes for a tough job everyday
Pros
nothing
Cons
no communication, miss my family
Great Place to work. I enjoy being of service and helping others.
Event Lead-TCF BANK STADIUM (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 23, 2015
My Job is Great", and I love meeting professional Athletes, Radio and TV press and University Alumni. My responsibilities are to keep Press and VIP areas clean stocked and serviceable at all times during Mn. VIKINGS and GOPHERS football Games.
Company picnics are the greatest.
Lead Special Projects (Former Employee) –  St. Paul,MNSeptember 15, 2015
Highly respected company and fun to work for. Typical day is getting through that day. I learned more stripping and waxing skills. Worked with a nice management team, got along well with co-workers. The hardest part of the job is putting supplies and equipment away. The most enjoyable part of the day, is clocking-out for that day.
too much
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 19, 2015
long 12 hrs daily had to cover weekends, no support, very unorganized, no family time. hard to get a day off to do anything. human resources or hiring department is nothing to depend on.
Review
Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 25, 2014
It is an industry that primarily have evening shifts. There is a lot of movement of personnel, including the opportunity to move into supervisor positions. You get to work with a very diverse group of co-workers. If you enjoy working evenings, this is the company for you, though if you prefer day shifts, there are some available. The best part of the job is getting to work with a large group of great people;.
Cons
pay
Interesting place to work
Building and Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Pillager, MNOctober 31, 2013
A challenging work place with 900+ people in this school being the only maintenance person
Good Company
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 2, 2013
Provided janitorial services. Dusted mopped vacuumed cleaned restrooms and break rooms. Co-workers and management were awesome. Making sure every thing was clean to clients expectations of a Lawyers office
Pros
easy work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsden Building Maintenance. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval