Marsh & McLennan Agency Employee Reviews

No Advancement and Poor Management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
If you like to work the job of three people while getting paid for less than one, then this is the place for you. From the poor discernment shown by the management to the lack of career advancement (although they will sell you a pipe dream during the interview that you have “room to grow”) there really isn’t a good reason to work here. The structure is poorly set up and the producers who know NOTHING of insurance are praised as God’s while all the real work is placed on the unfortunate soul that becomes the assigned Account Executive.

The only benefit you really get is having your brokers license renewed for free and even then...it’s not even worth it.
Cons
Poor pay, poor management, no career advancement
Poor Management
Senior Account Executive - Large Commercial Lines (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2018
MMA is not run like MMC. The culture is still an all boys club. They second guess your work. Management has a tendency to put you down. Producer are treated as kings.
Marsh & McLennan is a great company to work for.
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2017
A corporate decision was made to close the San Antonio office down effective 12-31-17. We unfortunately were all laid off. I planned to retire with Marsh.
Productive, fun work evironment
Benefits Open Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2017
Due to relocation, I had to leave Marsh & McLennan. It was however, one of my favorite places to work at. My boss was fabulous, I could come to her at any time with any questions or help. I would recommend this place to my friends and family.
No review
Advisor, Employee Benefits, Southwest Region (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2017
No sure why I have to write a review on this company. I had a very specific role there and was unlike most jobs for this employer so what I say won't be for most.
Pros
A lot of free lunches
Cut throat
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 20, 2017
Soliciting and closing sales... some support but for the wrong reasons...

Culture was to bleed every dime of commission no matter who it came from
Emerging Industry with stability and Growth Opportunity
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 13, 2017
Great work environment with many opportunities for growth. Job stability with the company expansion in the health and wellness sector. Time management and ownership is key to succeed. Communication barriers throughout department may be challenging, until you establish relationships. Overall great place to work but compensation for promotions could be better.
Mostly enjoy working @ Marsh
Employee Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23230August 2, 2017
I like the flex hours and benefits, I receive 4 weeks vacation per year a long with 10 paid holidays. However; they tend to have special treatment for certain non productive employees that are very distracting.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Special treatment for negative employees
Management made the work enviroment fun
PLAN ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 1, 2017
Work environment could be stressful at various times of the year based on client needs. Training opportunities provided helping employees to keep up.
Pros
Many Wellness benefits and programs
A great company for those who wish to work in the insurance field. Top products.
Producer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 21, 2017
What makes MMA great are the people. From the CEO down, they were always willing to help and were genuine. The industry itself can be cut throat and is not always designed for new producers to succeed.
Pros
Autonomy, good bosses
Cons
Going through a transition sometimes blurred communication
Be prepared to overachieve
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 14, 2017
A typical day at work consists of answering client interactions, marketing to various carriers, issuing certificates of insurance, or meeting with the Marketing Coordinator and/or producers to develop a strategic plan to maintain client retention. Management is available to their employees. This is a corporate workplace culture. The retention goals are higher than at other agencies. The hardest part of the job is juggling all of the high priority functions. At the end of the day, it is rewarding to know that I've helped clients.
Typical Insurance environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 3, 2017
A typical work day starts at 8:30 and ends around 4:30.
The workplace culture was overall a pleasant one but there were exceptions depending on who your manager was and department you worked in.
Pros
Bagels on Friday
Big agency that often doesn't feel like one
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2017
Typical agency faire (new business, renewals, etc.). Great sales team! I learned a lot about client relationships because I was allowed to be more engaged one-on-one. Senior Leadership makes concerted effort to provide a positive working environment. Unfortunately, there is a lot of cattiness amongst lower management and their teams, making it difficult not to get involved and focus on your primary responsibilities.
Pros
Great sales team that you can learn a lot from
Cons
Too much gossip/cattiness at lower levels makes day-to-day often very challenging.
great place all around
Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Great place all around.
Great people. At least one free meal a week
trining could use some improvement for producers
lavish offices
not alot of turnover
raises every year based on performance.
Good place to work if experienced
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 5, 2016
Typical day consists of troubleshooting desktop application issues. Well planned projects. Most enjoyable part of my day is when someone is genuinely happy and thankful for the service received. Hardest part is when users are impatient.
Pros
Work autonomously
Cons
Limited IT training
Very pleasant work environment.
Manager of Benefits Administration (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 8, 2016
Company is committed to their employees and the community at large. Very good support systems in place. Great effort rendered to ensure a good working culture and ethics.
Great Place to Work
Risk Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 15, 2015
The people make this place. Relaxed environment with a focus on employee wellness. Great pay and bonus. Management tries to keep employees aware of changes and future plans. Upper management is hardly visible.
Pros
Free Lunches and activities
Agency recently bought by a corporation- Culture change
Commercial Lines Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 13, 2015
There is new culture at the agency, it is a corporate culture. I am not sure I fit in the new culture. That is why I am looking to see if there is a new opportunity for me elsewhere.
Unrealistic Work Load/Great Benefits
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2015
Great atmosphere and people, but the work load that you are expected to keep up with is unrealistic. Would have to work 70 hour weeks in order to stay caught up.
Benefits
Cons
Hours needed to do the job
Sr. Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJAugust 3, 2015
I think there are great people at MMA. There are just too many chiefs and they all have conflicting ideas except that they all are way too over-consumed with the bottom line. I have to say, they promote employee education in a big way, that's a plus.