Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc Employee Reviews

Great Company
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 14, 2014
MMC one of the best company to work for. The people were great and I enjoyed my traveling while working for this global international company.

There was a problem with the rating buttons - I wanted to give at least 3-4 stars for each category, with an overall of 4 stars.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
salary
Marsh & McLennan - Boston
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2014
Marsh is a great place to work. Plenty for room for advancement. A good deal of diversity. Great benefits.
Pleasant working environment with highly skilled and knowledgeable people
Forensic Accountant and Claims Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  1166 Avenue of America, New York, NYApril 7, 2014
I've had a wonderful experience working here as a contractor for the Forensic Accountant and Claims Services Department (FACS). I was trained both externally (out on the field), and internally. Through my stay at Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., I've improved my various skillsets as an Analyst, and as an Accountant, while learning how to become a proper Claims Consultant.
Unaspiring place to work
Sr. Payroll Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 21, 2014
Worked long hours. Under appreciated, no recognition/praise.

Lack of career development, no room for growth. In dire need of young talent and innovative ideas.
Pros
family-oriented department, tuition reimbursement program, incentives for maintaining a healthy lifestyle
Cons
no room for growth, unfair bonus distribution, lack of career development. no work/life balance
Senior Global Mobility Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 6, 2013
Loved the team structure, the clients and assignees. Relationship building is a must at MMC.
Innovative company
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2013
This HR team, comprised of intelligent, fun, and kind individuals, has great stamina and energy to accomplish whatever tasks lies ahead. Although the work can be grueling at times, as with all jobs, the overall friendly environment makes for a great workplace to grow and thrive.
Pros
great, hardworking individuals
Legal Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2012
Great company to work for, went through some trying times, 9/11; and then many cut backs, but it was home. I left there to find a job closer to home but would go back in a NYC minute. Management knew what they were doing, not like some other companies I've worked for. The hardest thing that hit us was losing over 300 colleagues in the 9/11 attacks, but it brought us closer together like family. Then the company went under personal attack and ended up cutting back by laying off literally thousands of people. I was always treated with respect, and management respected and utilized my abilities.
Pros
good people; nyc, cafeteria on site
Cons
mercer