Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews

Daily process & Team work at Marsh USA, Inc.
Auto Id Specialist II (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: Dress code, Company communities, benefits & Over time
Cons: Pay raises
Process Auto ID request and Renewals as requested.
I loved working with our management team. They were very supported and available for any questions or concerns. I have had the privilege of working with some great co-workers. We worked great as team. The hardest part of job was renewals. We could get as many as 30 a day and had to process them in a timely manner to make sure they received their renewal Auto ID cards before they expire. The best part of my job was when I would receive great feed back from my clients.
Great parking, great co-workers
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Southport, CTJune 29, 2015
Pros: Legal work was enjoyable
Cons: Leaving the job
The name of the company was Marsh, Day & Calhoun. Somehow it is misspelled here. The company disbanded years ago.
I typed legal documents from dictation and did all that is expected of a legal assistant.
I learned I did not mind having a cranky boss because it was not directed at me.
My co-workers were friendly, hard-working and loyal.
The hardest part was having to leave due to my move to another area.
The most enjoyable part was having my co-workers invited and attending my wedding.
Great benefits
Client Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules, generous time off, lots of benefits
Cons: No advancement opportunities, industry is boring, outdated bonus structure
Employees are great. Office location not great unless you live up north. Business casual dress with jeans on Fridays. Job feels very secure.
Client Service at Marsh
Client Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the clients! It is a great company to work for with many opportunities.
Productive and fun with enlightening discussions
Dispatcher/Local Tech Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2015
Pros: Cafe, free coffee, vending machines, business events, constant company updates.
Cons: None
A typical day at work is mostly fast paced dealing with numerous phone calls from colleagues and executives. I learned how to make efficient edits in excel and our ticketing system. Communication is imperative when it comes to our clients. We have a system for our VIP's to help them immediately and our process has to be discussed with management. There is always a challenge but I don't look at it being hard because I like to get through the day with a positive mind. I love my team because we help each other when there is an escalation of work flow. Everyone is very polite, informative, business wise and personally.
Overall it is a good company to work for where they do try to develop their employees
Talent Management Solutions Manager (Current Employee), RemoteJune 25, 2015
The best thing about the company is the people there. I have made life-long friends there. They have worked with me and accommodated a remote office due to the nature of my job.
Excellent Learning Experience
Oracle WebCenter Consultant (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJune 19, 2015
Perfect environment for working with various different vendors. Empowers employees with various employee benefits and improves the learning curve for each.
good
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Melville, NYJune 17, 2015
good experience. opportunity to learn and grow. Employees are hard working and dedicated. Opportunity was always challenging and busy fast paced environment. Always new projects coming in.
Good place to work - high professional standards
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2015
Learned quite a bit about self funding and working on large accounts. Enjoyed working with the team members. The professional standards requirements were high and taught me how to organize files ready for audits.
This is actually Marsh Accounting. Started the business to take in small accounting/bookkeeping contracts while completing degree.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Tomball, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Too much time between contracts
Need to increase skills/training/certification. Sole owner responsible for accounting and procuring contracts. Owner seeking public accounting certification and will startup when complete.
Mixed feelings
Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Salary below market average
Potentially could be a great company to work for. But there's a lot of politics going on. Management should focus more on rewarding people (those in the middle of the pyramid - that is those who actually perform the job).
Convenient office location
Advisor (Current Employee), TennesseeMay 23, 2015
Extremely busy work day. The office is short-staffed There is a lack of teamwork within the department. It is a overly stressful work environment with what seems to be no support. However, the location of the office is adequate and convenient.
Productive and fun place to work.
Assisted Produce Manager (Current Employee), IndianapolisMay 20, 2015
Pros: They work around your schedule.
Cons: They will send you home early if you are over on your hours.
A typical day at Marsh is sometimes busy and I have learned that there is always something to do even if work is slow. The management at Marsh is great and so are the coworkers. The hardest part of Marsh is keeping the department organized and the most enjoyable part is making the customers happy.
Strong, sound company
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee), Urbandle, IowaMay 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Salary not competative
This was a wonderful company to work for, I learned a lot from them and their benefits are some of the best that I've seen anywhere.
Great Team
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJApril 23, 2015
I had been working with MMC around 5 years because I have a greater leader (the boss) and great team. we do help each other.
Growing business with good learning oportunity
Certificate Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
My time at Marsh & McLennan Companies helped me grow in my career and have a bigger understanding of the business world. I acquired great communication and professional skills. My co-workers where friendly, nice, and very positive.
Clean environment, nice break area & nice co-workers
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2015
Pros: One hour lunch breaks
Cons: Sometimes under staffed
Enjoyed communicating with people and providing good customer service. I learned excellent organizational skills and work as a team player to provide quality service. The hardest part of one of my jobs was working 12 hour shifts or more.
Great place to work, very corporate, big.
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not much advancement
Days are typically walk up and ticket based support of end user systems. Projects arise yearly for system refreshes, and rarely for much else. Work is easy but can become very tedious, repetitive, or even frustrating due to conflicting agendas.
Great company
Business Process Insurance Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Great company to work for
a lot of benefits and flexibility
the company allows people to do their work without a manager hovering over the employees
the environment is very nice and peaceful
Very diverse organization with a great sense of corporate social responsibility
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJMarch 10, 2015
This orgainization has a great corporate social responsibilty. The managers are supportive and encouraging. There is good energy and the very skillful people working for this company. They practice conducting business in a responsible manner.

1 2 3 4 5

About Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, – Read more

Marsh & McLennan Companies Salaries