Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2015
Employees are great. Office location not great unless you live up north. Business casual dress with jeans on Fridays. Job feels very secure.
Pros
Flexible schedules, generous time off, lots of benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunities, industry is boring, outdated bonus structure
Client Service at Marsh
Client Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the clients! It is a great company to work for with many opportunities.
Productive and fun with enlightening discussions
Dispatcher/Local Tech Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2015
A typical day at work is mostly fast paced dealing with numerous phone calls from colleagues and executives. I learned how to make efficient edits in excel and our ticketing system. Communication is imperative when it comes to our clients. We have a system for our VIP's to help them immediately and our process has to be discussed with management. There is always a challenge but I don't look at it being hard because I like to get through the day with a positive mind. I love my team because we help each other when there is an escalation of work flow. Everyone is very polite, informative, business wise and personally.
Pros
Cafe, free coffee, vending machines, business events, constant company updates.
Cons
Overall it is a good company to work for where they do try to develop their employees
Talent Management Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 25, 2015
The best thing about the company is the people there. I have made life-long friends there. They have worked with me and accommodated a remote office due to the nature of my job.
good
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 17, 2015
good experience. opportunity to learn and grow. Employees are hard working and dedicated. Opportunity was always challenging and busy fast paced environment. Always new projects coming in.
Good place to work - high professional standards
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2015
Learned quite a bit about self funding and working on large accounts. Enjoyed working with the team members. The professional standards requirements were high and taught me how to organize files ready for audits.
This is actually Marsh Accounting. Started the business to take in small accounting/bookkeeping contracts while completing degree.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 29, 2015
Need to increase skills/training/certification. Sole owner responsible for accounting and procuring contracts. Owner seeking public accounting certification and will startup when complete.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Too much time between contracts
Mixed feelings
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2015
Potentially could be a great company to work for. But there's a lot of politics going on. Management should focus more on rewarding people (those in the middle of the pyramid - that is those who actually perform the job).
Benefits
Cons
Salary below market average
Convenient office location
Advisor (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 23, 2015
Extremely busy work day. The office is short-staffed There is a lack of teamwork within the department. It is a overly stressful work environment with what seems to be no support. However, the location of the office is adequate and convenient.
Productive and fun place to work.
Assisted Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisMay 20, 2015
A typical day at Marsh is sometimes busy and I have learned that there is always something to do even if work is slow. The management at Marsh is great and so are the coworkers. The hardest part of Marsh is keeping the department organized and the most enjoyable part is making the customers happy.
Pros
They work around your schedule.
Cons
They will send you home early if you are over on your hours.
Strong, sound company
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Urbandle, IowaMay 12, 2015
This was a wonderful company to work for, I learned a lot from them and their benefits are some of the best that I've seen anywhere.
Benefits
Cons
Salary not competative
Great Team
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 23, 2015
I had been working with MMC around 5 years because I have a greater leader (the boss) and great team. we do help each other.
Growing business with good learning oportunity
Certificate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2015
My time at Marsh & McLennan Companies helped me grow in my career and have a bigger understanding of the business world. I acquired great communication and professional skills. My co-workers where friendly, nice, and very positive.
Pros
Good Benefits
Clean environment, nice break area & nice co-workers
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2015
Enjoyed communicating with people and providing good customer service. I learned excellent organizational skills and work as a team player to provide quality service. The hardest part of one of my jobs was working 12 hour shifts or more.
Pros
One hour lunch breaks
Cons
Sometimes under staffed
Great place to work, very corporate, big.
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
Days are typically walk up and ticket based support of end user systems. Projects arise yearly for system refreshes, and rarely for much else. Work is easy but can become very tedious, repetitive, or even frustrating due to conflicting agendas.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not much advancement
Great company
Business Process Insurance Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Great company to work for
a lot of benefits and flexibility
the company allows people to do their work without a manager hovering over the employees
the environment is very nice and peaceful
Very diverse organization with a great sense of corporate social responsibility
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 10, 2015
This orgainization has a great corporate social responsibilty. The managers are supportive and encouraging. There is good energy and the very skillful people working for this company. They practice conducting business in a responsible manner.
Creativity & Innovation is not embraced
Senior Quality Assurance Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 8, 2015
The compensation and benefits are very attractive, but only if you get into a management role.

Good people to work with, but salaries and contributions are not always commensurate with skill set or raises.

Resources are often over looked and overloaded.

Projects delivery dates are often backed into a date that management wants to achieve without fully rationalizing and evaluating the real effort needed to get the project completed properly.
Good Place to work
Financial Infrastructure Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 5, 2015
Learned everything I know about Oracle EBS. Was a pretty decent place to work before the Finance Transformation project
producer- sales executive
Producer (Former Employee) –  NORTHEASTMarch 2, 2015
this was the worst "sales" job i have ever had. they want to pretend they are not selling insurance. horrible leadership. this is not MARSH it is a smaller insurance broker bought out by the larger parent company.

Marsh & McLennan Companies Reviews by Location