Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews

Strong, sound company
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Urbandle, IowaMay 12, 2015
This was a wonderful company to work for, I learned a lot from them and their benefits are some of the best that I've seen anywhere.
Benefits
Cons
Salary not competative
Great Team
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 23, 2015
I had been working with MMC around 5 years because I have a greater leader (the boss) and great team. we do help each other.
Growing business with good learning oportunity
Certificate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2015
My time at Marsh & McLennan Companies helped me grow in my career and have a bigger understanding of the business world. I acquired great communication and professional skills. My co-workers where friendly, nice, and very positive.
Pros
Good Benefits
Clean environment, nice break area & nice co-workers
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2015
Enjoyed communicating with people and providing good customer service. I learned excellent organizational skills and work as a team player to provide quality service. The hardest part of one of my jobs was working 12 hour shifts or more.
Pros
One hour lunch breaks
Cons
Sometimes under staffed
Great place to work, very corporate, big.
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
Days are typically walk up and ticket based support of end user systems. Projects arise yearly for system refreshes, and rarely for much else. Work is easy but can become very tedious, repetitive, or even frustrating due to conflicting agendas.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not much advancement
Great company
Business Process Insurance Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Great company to work for
a lot of benefits and flexibility
the company allows people to do their work without a manager hovering over the employees
the environment is very nice and peaceful
Very diverse organization with a great sense of corporate social responsibility
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 10, 2015
This orgainization has a great corporate social responsibilty. The managers are supportive and encouraging. There is good energy and the very skillful people working for this company. They practice conducting business in a responsible manner.
Creativity & Innovation is not embraced
Senior Quality Assurance Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 8, 2015
The compensation and benefits are very attractive, but only if you get into a management role.

Good people to work with, but salaries and contributions are not always commensurate with skill set or raises.

Resources are often over looked and overloaded.

Projects delivery dates are often backed into a date that management wants to achieve without fully rationalizing and evaluating the real effort needed to get the project completed properly.
Good Place to work
Financial Infrastructure Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 5, 2015
Learned everything I know about Oracle EBS. Was a pretty decent place to work before the Finance Transformation project
producer- sales executive
Producer (Former Employee) –  NORTHEASTMarch 2, 2015
this was the worst "sales" job i have ever had. they want to pretend they are not selling insurance. horrible leadership. this is not MARSH it is a smaller insurance broker bought out by the larger parent company.
Large company with various resources, industry leader
Senior Client Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Marsh is an industry leader in the broker space, the company has a wide scope of expertise and a global reach. The company is beginning to adopt an analytical approach which is a large differentiator in the business.
Typical day
Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Learned how to perform Licensing Coordinator tasks with having associate(s) be in compliance with State Department of Insurance Office regulations.
No Advancement
Team Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 24, 2015
The office is downsizing with fewer people in the office, there are fewer group activities. Most communication is by email. The company has good benefits which are being taken away slowly.
Productive and fun place to work
Data Research Analyst - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 12, 2015
Working at Marsh was a great experience. Working with different databases to input company information. Even go so far as to work late and weekends to complete my task.
A place where insurance experts can go
Wrap-Up OCIP Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Great for insurance professionals who specialize in "nich" markets
Productive and soo much to learn
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Learnt the overall Risk and Insurance business. Use of Oracle financials in business development. Implementation and Maintenance of project.
Team work and need of quality audits and process awareness
Challenging atmosphere
Hardest part of job is while performing agile testing to ensure that there is no defect leakage and also performing regression in midts of successeive deployments
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
canteen is available for very less time
fun and productive
marsh supermarket (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 20, 2015
i loved working for marsh i learned alot the year i was there i learned to make scheldules make deposits count the drawers down and make scheldules
Pros
working
Cons
no raise
You want to work here
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day for me was doing A/P, A/R journal entries, auding check and wire batches and T&E's. I could do this job forever. This job is truly my dream job. I learned so many thing from here and they cross train you to learn other departments as well to help out. The management is the best they bend over backwards to help you out and they are very understanding. You make your own schedule, and my boss had no problem with that as long as her work was done. My co workers were like family as we all worked together in harmony. This is the place that you want to retire from they offer great retirement packages and good compensation, and the health insurance is great the best I ever had in my life.
Pros
everything
Cons
being laid off
awesome company! great management and grew a lot professionally
Senior Casualty Claims Consultant/Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2015
I spent the most amount of my career at Marsh; starting out as an auditor, supervising new consultants, taking on Marsh's largest clients in various industries, becoming a team leader and project manager. I am so thankful to have been an employee at Marsh.
Pros
too many to mention!
Cons
not enough time to spend with my young twins
not a bad place to work, feels too big
Risk Analyst, National Brokerage (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
there was a lot of reorg when i was there... they are too big and sometimes there is no place for the those that perform extremely well. a lot of old timers there from the golden days and its tough to get promoted unless you have spent your time there (despite your qualifications)... all in all not a bad place to work, but definitely not for a go getter either