Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employer Reviews

Old school company.
Director of Global Consolidations (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2014
Too much politics. They do promote and advance people to offer roles in the company
International business with a lot of interesting connections.
Associate Database Coordinator/Billing (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: good location
Good company to work for. A lot of opportunities to grow professionally. Grate people and management.
A lot of new things to learn from IT and Accounting staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is a grate result achieved together with team of coworkers. Ability to work on your own and still learn a lot and improve professionally.
Good & stable company
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 5, 2014
Marsh is an industry leading company. The MMC family and its companies are well known and established. Marsh's benefits are great as is the vacation and company holiday policy.
Productive workplace and expected to learn quickly
Casualty Advisor Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Productive workplace and expected to learn quickly. The company handles complex insurance prograrms but you learn a lot in the course of employment.
Decent benefits, low base salary, slow progression opportunities
Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 1, 2014
Decent benefits, low base salary, slow progression opportunities
Fast Pace, Much to Learn and Great Long Term Growth
Senior Accountant III (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: work life/balance and flexibility
Fast paced, learned a ton, great culture environment as far as co-workers and most management. Work life balance and flexiblity are a zero out of ten. There was a ton of working on vacation days as we lost them if we didnt use them each year.
Great work enviorment
Hot Foods Specialist (Former Employee), Noblesville, INJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: great pay and hours
Cons: none.
Great co-workers, great deals store wide and over all a great place to work.
good out of school experience
Risk Management Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2014
I worked here as an intern and then right out of school. Great company, top notch clients, free soda machines, fancy lunches and parties (all of the important stuff when you are right out of school).
Collaborative work environment.
Client Executive (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 19, 2013
Pros: team environement
Cons: boston parking expense
Leverage background and expertise to Human Resource Team. Focused on employee benefit programs.
Los Angeles office wonderful
Certificate Specialist (Former Employee), Los AngelesDecember 14, 2013
Pros: los angeles office is a wonderful place to work and the people are wonderful.
Cons: benefits.
Austin Texas office is horrible. Managers do not know what they are doing on a day to day basis. Bullying is common, and if you speak up for yourself they are ready to write you up. What a shame. The manager over the certificate department in Austin is surely a mess!!

Truly she needs help.
Hand -on hardworkding highly mnotivated.
Data Entry Clerk/ General Clerk (Former Employee), NJDecember 12, 2013
Pros: organized
Cons: n/a
Energetic work attitude invoice processing telecommunication skils
Great place to work if career trumps personal
Business Analyst, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2013
Lots of new management steering the company in a new direction, which I believe is for the better. Work/life balance is a little off if you want to advance. Still lagging in compensation against other industry competitors - and lots of turnover in part due to this.
A Dynamic Company moving in a positive direction
SR. MGR, GLOBAL HR OPERATIONS & QUALITY ASSURANCE (Current Employee), Hoboken NJDecember 4, 2013
A great company transforming to an elite company through transformation.
Engineer Designer
Designer/Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 27, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
Highly motivated Designer/ Engineer with over seven years experience in preparing drawings and topographical and relief maps used in civil engineering projects, such as highways, bridges, pipelines, flood control projects, and water and sewerage control systems. Always team and deadline oriented. Good at that getting approved and permit from city and – more... county. I can review and check drawing of civil engineering. – less
MMC was one of my favorite places that I worked at.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2013
Great place, lots of room for growth, good benefits. Great people.
Interesting place to work
Accounts Payable Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
Worked in the Premium Accounting department where I handled Accounts Receivable and Payable for International accounts.

Learned the Accounts Payable process for an Insurance Broker.
Great Palce to Work
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
Pros: benefits, career advancement, culture
Cons: currently going through a transformation
Great environment. Fun place to work, advancement opportunity. Great work/life balance.
my work summary
BENEFIT ANALYST (Former Employee), Urbandale, IANovember 1, 2013
Pros: challenges
Cons: less training opportunities
A day at work would consist of team building, working to ensure that customers are happy and satisfied with their service, i enjoyed on a daily basis that all my employees were put first and were able to get questions answered, along with my staff whom felt valued and had a safe, fun and learning opportunities in their roles, whom i would help to encourage – more... for each employee to work toward their goals. I learned to be independent, having a ability to keep learning and using tools to better listening skills, we all are able to improve even if we think we are at our best, I find that looking at it in that perspective each day, helps me to keep reaching for my goals.

The hard part of my job is when providing suggestions that will help someone to build themselves , when that person does not feel that way about them self, it is difficult to get them on board if they do not want to help them self, but I do not give up, i find any tool that will help that person, along with all my staff.

the most enjoyable part of my job, is my customers, my staff feeling valued in their role/positions, and my company whom will continue to succeed by everyone working together as a team. – less
A very family oriented environment place to work at.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJNovember 1, 2013
The company is a family oriented place to work for. Employees at this company is vey professional and is always helpful to others. A typical day at work is work hard and play hard. What I've learned at this company is how to apply my skills efficiently and effectively.
One of the best companies
AVP Data Warehousing & Data Administration (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2013
Excellent work environment. Enjoyed working with co-workers.

About Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy – Read more

Marsh & McLennan Companies Photos