Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews

Professional, team oriented, supportive management staff
Talent Acquisition Consultant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MADecember 11, 2016
Mercer is one of the best companies on the South Shore. My experience was extremely positive and I would highly recommend working here for many reasons.
Shift Supervisor
Client Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
Responsible for their Fleet Management Team, Reprographics and Distributions Department in New York City and Hoboken locations.
All business
MGTI (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXNovember 17, 2016
Very serious, all business place to work
Perks and benefits reduced year after year
Recently eliminated the pension plan
Pros
Stable
Cons
Dull
Productive workplace
Sr Payroll Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2016
MMC is very busy and strives to be the best that it can be. I work at a Shared Services Center where all departments work together for the good of the company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great company and people to work with
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 23, 2016
Great working environment, great support of employees, excellent benefits. Diversity oriented, Long term employees, team environment.
Pros
diversity oriented
Cons
can be hard to become perm, rules are sometimes made with out full explanations and can be harsh
Excellent
Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 6, 2016
A great place to work. The owner is a well established insurance agent. Good income and the ability to advance. The company is not in business any longer
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
compnay is closed
Okay Company
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2016
Worked for a while, grew and learned a lot here, but it is now time to move on as I no longer feel like its the right fit for me.
Alright
Treasury Technician (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 3, 2016
Experience was alright, not much grow, pay isn't to rewarding, company has been downsizing and outsourcing. City location has far more opportunities for networking.
Dream job
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 20, 2016
This is by far the best job I have ever had in my life. I loved it here. If you work hard you will get far. I have learned so many things here that I find myself many times overqualified to work at a small company. My co-workers feel like family and at many times they were. Management here is awesome as training is 1 on 1 and once you master that process they will teach you more. I enjoyed everything here there is nothing I would take back. Dream job
Pros
everything
Cons
company moved
Work hard play hard
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2016
work life balance is good, pay is fair , benefits are not so great. People are very nice and helpful. Growth Is unlimited.

Want to know more about Marsh & McLennan Companies?

Ask a question
Compassion and making a difference
Health Care & Benefit Specials (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 10, 2016
I worked from 8 am to 5 pm, five days a week. There were multiple computer systems I had to use simultaneously, while assisting employees with there complicated issues within the companies they worked for. We did all the Human Resource work for over 268 fortune 500 companies. Following up on their cases on a timely matter was imperative.

Mercier had a diverse environment, and we all worked as a team. Learning how to be a team player to get the job done made me much closer to my co-workers. .Meeting the deadlines could be tough, but it was a good challenge, but without my co-workers close to impossible.

The hardest part of the job for me was the very sad situations employees may have been in. Though it was hard, the job was very rewarding. I was constantly reminded I was making a difference in their lives, helping them find solutions to their problems.

Working for Mercier was very enjoyable. The company provided a lot of incentives through out the week, i.e; food, contests, volunteer work, and functions. It was sad saying goodbye to a lot of them
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Worked under alot of pressure
Worked here for over 1.5 years
Customer Service Representative Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for TRION the company i answered the phones for however they closed this department so I went to work in the claims area,. I am not one to sit at a desk and process claims I need to be more mobile.
Fun and fast paced
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 17, 2016
I did the most learning at this job. We handled life insurance, retirement benefits, identity theft and new employee benefits.
It was face paced and the day flew by.
There was a lot of calculations for pricing and helping insured members understand their employee provided benefits.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
not enough employees to take all the calls coming in
Good place to learn
Senio Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 9, 2016
I have learned a lot while working here as Performance Engineer. Overall at company level they are good in adopting new technology. So I got a great exposure while working here.
Pros
Flexible working environment with freedom in taking decisions
The company was Barney and Barney at the time, it was concerned with having cutting edge technology.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 3, 2016
I would arrive earlier than my shift, and begin sorting mail, and I would sort items that needed to be scanned and assign them to the appropriate person. I also answered inbound calls, and produced large print/bind requests. I learned a lot more about different software and how to utilize them. The most challenging aspect of working for Marsh McLennan was that there was not much value assigned to employees. The most rewarding thing was the commaraderie amongst the employees.
Pros
The company spared no expense on materials and software.
Cons
There was a glass ceiling, and reckless regard for employee / client retention
Worth your time snf effort.
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2016
Busy, productive but very friendly. Marsh and McLennan allows you to strengthen your current skill level and acquire more knowledge but consistently providing you with new challenges.Marsh management is both friendly and helpful and they do recognize good work. Co-workers are very helpful and knowledgeable. The job isn't hard at all. The people are the most enjoyable part of the day.
All about the bottom line
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2016
Marsh & McLennan Companies are all about the bottom line. Revenue is the only thought on a daily basis. Management was not sensitive to the amount of work each person was trying to handle. Extra help from other offices or departments was scarce.

I thoroughly enjoyed my coworkers, as they were the best part of the job.. A typical day at work was very busy handling phone calls and emails. The hardest part of the job was to satisfy my clients and get the best terms for them from the various insurance companies I dealt with.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Too much pressure and very little thanks -many of us worked beyond normal work hours r
Management had open door policy at all times
Senior Casualty Claims Consultant - Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2016
- a typical day at work
there was no "typical day". working at Marsh and Sears. With the number of clients I managed and the responsibilities I was charged with, it was not easy to predict what my day would look like. In addition, while assisting clients with their day to day claims management I was at times working on team projects that would require my contribution.

-What I learned:
to be able to change directions and mindset on a dime; be open change my focus to take on new challenges; no two clients and their issues are the same

-management:
very open door policy; regular feedback on work performed and client feedback; always gave opportunities to work on new opportunities and with new and larger clients once I proved my capabilities

-my co-workers
for the most part, we shared ideas, worked well together, discussed problems we were having, etc.
Pros
Travel; encouraged and funded continuing education
Cons
weak HR personnel
N/a
Onsite support lead (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 27, 2016
I am working in L&T infotech and here we are providing the services for Marsh & McLennan Companies project.
I am working as shared resource across all web application as database coordinator. I have learned so many new things here, first work ethics, then technologies like windows scripting, unix shell scripting, dataload setup etc. My coworkers are very helpful.
Pros
Less traffic, I can spend quality time with my family
Cons
Salary and work pressure
Insurance Agent
Voluntary Benefits - Sales Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 3, 2016
Great job for someone looking for advancement in a company that is always growing. You need to shine to be able to move up. If you do they promote quickly from within.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsh & McLennan Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Marsh & McLennan Companies Reviews by Location