Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Large company with various resources, industry leader
Senior Client Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Marsh is an industry leader in the broker space, the company has a wide scope of expertise and a global reach. The company is beginning to adopt an analytical approach which is a large differentiator in the business.
Typical day
Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Learned how to perform Licensing Coordinator tasks with having associate(s) be in compliance with State Department of Insurance Office regulations.
No Advancement
Team Lead Sales (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 24, 2015
The office is downsizing with fewer people in the office, there are fewer group activities. Most communication is by email. The company has good benefits which are being taken away slowly.
Productive and fun place to work
Data Research Analyst - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 12, 2015
Working at Marsh was a great experience. Working with different databases to input company information. Even go so far as to work late and weekends to complete my task.
A place where insurance experts can go
Wrap-Up OCIP Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Great for insurance professionals who specialize in "nich" markets
Productive and soo much to learn
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Learnt the overall Risk and Insurance business. Use of Oracle financials in business development. Implementation and Maintenance of project.
Team work and need of quality audits and process awareness
Challenging atmosphere
Hardest part of job is while performing agile testing to ensure that there is no defect leakage and also performing regression in midts of successeive deployments
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
canteen is available for very less time
fun and productive
marsh supermarket (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 20, 2015
i loved working for marsh i learned alot the year i was there i learned to make scheldules make deposits count the drawers down and make scheldules
Pros
working
Cons
no raise
You want to work here
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day for me was doing A/P, A/R journal entries, auding check and wire batches and T&E's. I could do this job forever. This job is truly my dream job. I learned so many thing from here and they cross train you to learn other departments as well to help out. The management is the best they bend over backwards to help you out and they are very understanding. You make your own schedule, and my boss had no problem with that as long as her work was done. My co workers were like family as we all worked together in harmony. This is the place that you want to retire from they offer great retirement packages and good compensation, and the health insurance is great the best I ever had in my life.
Pros
everything
Cons
being laid off
awesome company! great management and grew a lot professionally
Senior Casualty Claims Consultant/Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2015
I spent the most amount of my career at Marsh; starting out as an auditor, supervising new consultants, taking on Marsh's largest clients in various industries, becoming a team leader and project manager. I am so thankful to have been an employee at Marsh.
Pros
too many to mention!
Cons
not enough time to spend with my young twins
not a bad place to work, feels too big
Risk Analyst, National Brokerage (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
there was a lot of reorg when i was there... they are too big and sometimes there is no place for the those that perform extremely well. a lot of old timers there from the golden days and its tough to get promoted unless you have spent your time there (despite your qualifications)... all in all not a bad place to work, but definitely not for a go getter either
Highly professional, good cohesiveness with positive team work.
VP Broker - Global Marine Practice (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2014
Major presence in the market. Maintaining a steady and positive relationship with our clients is a key challenge. Thrive in it and always up for the task. Work closely with the marine insurance market which is vital on the mid to larger accounts that we work on.
Coorporate atmoshpere/profesional
Payroll/Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2014
Very profesional and good experience. Audit payroll process and taxes on weekly and semi employees. Audit all garnishments. Maintained state laws update.
An awesome job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 10, 2014
There was never a day that I didn't want to come to work. The staff is great and working with the customers was a joy.
My experience as Marsh has been okay.
Client Advisor/Broker, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Marsh is a great company to work for. They have lots of resources available for use. Their global footprint is incredible.
Pros
vast resources
Good Place to work can be hectic at times
HR Leave Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2014
I would not recommend MMC if you cannot handle frequent change. Due to the nature of the business change is often and it is a very fast paced complex company.
Pros
close to 4th street
Cons
parking downtown
fun co workers
Migration team lead from Windows XP to Windows 7 (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 15, 2014
stressful environment due to the time to upgrade all users laptop and migrate all the data from old laptop.
Pros
after hours work
Cons
no guideline for users private data migration
guideing and directing patrons through the Museum and providing security for special events protection of Museum property and all employees
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
a chance to view artifacts from different cultures and Countries
Pros
greeting the public and easy travel to and from work
Cons
too much emphasis on how security i nteracted with the public
Marsh
Vice President/Producer (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 11, 2014
This is a typical producer job divided into middle market and national market type accounts. Could use some help with on boarding new producers and sales training.
Fun
Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAOctober 10, 2014
My coworkers and management were great to work with. would still be working there if I hadn't moved.
Fast pace cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at work I would ring up customer items. I gained my first amount of customer service skills and people working skills. The environment was very fun, all of my employees kept me entertained. Nothing hard about this job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping each customer.

Marsh & McLennan Companies Reviews by Location