Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employer Reviews

Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2013
Marsh & McLennan is a great place to work, with wonderful people.
Work/live Balance is awesome
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJuly 8, 2013
I have grown up in this company. It's a great company to work for, I would recommend it to everyone. The opportunties are there however you must voice your interest and they do listen. They encourage growth. Its a great place.
Fun work environment but not very secure.
Deli, Cashier, Produce, Stock (Former Employee), Lebanon, INJuly 7, 2013
Enjoyed working for the company, customers were great and management was very friendly.
Interesting Entry Level
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2013
The management expect workers to sacrifice their livelihood and put in crazy hours.
A stable job with little room to advance
Auto ID Specialist Levels I and II (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 1, 2013
Marsh is a well-run company that pays fairly, has excellent benefits, and is full of great people who are good at what they do. The Auto ID department was responsible for the issuance of thousands of insurance documents every day, but even at its busiest, it was a great and productive environment. I learned a lot about workflow at this job, keeping – more... things moving and getting as much done every day as efficiently as possible. The only reason I ended up leaving that job was that, in the Auto ID department at least, there were extremely few opportunities for advancement. – less
Large National Company
Sr. Accounting Specialist - UBS (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 21, 2013
Had several jobs with varies responsibilities making work challenging at times. The bigger the challenge the better the reward.
Great Support from your co-workers and great training before going off on your own.
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 17, 2013
I would love to work there again. Great company to work for and great co-workers. Just one bad supervisor, but from what I have heard that supervisor is no longer there.
Productive and caring
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INJune 6, 2013
Pros: entergetic and pleasant staff
Cons: can't think of any except short hours
I enjoy working as a cashier because you meet all kinds of people
If you like to be busy, this is the place to be.
Confidential (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 25, 2013
Pros: ability to work remote
Cons: not much of a work/life balance
Each month there is an All Colleague Meeting, a Birthday celebration and a charity to donate to.
Hard working people
Baker (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2013
Once there i was to refill and maintain product while serving customers quickly and friendly. I have learned many ways to care for food products with safety and freshness. Also how to work a large fryer,slicer, oven and proofer. Management was kind of hit and miss, we constantly went though new store managers. Aside from that most managers where pretty – more... friendly and level-headed. The hardest part of the job is definitely being the only baker per day, there is a lot expected to be done by my scheduled time. The most enjoyable part of this job would have to be my co-workers, they are very friendly and helpful. – less
Marsh & McLennan
Office Services (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 16, 2013
Pros: ability to relocate if room exists at another location.
Cons: being judged by what you look like.
Typical large company atmosphere . Not many advancement opportunities if not willing to do a sales/client facing based function. Sad truth is upper management would rather keep someone incompetent employed who will suck up, and let good workers go/walk out. Poor stance from Sr. Leadership lets personal achievements for the greater good of the company – more... go overlooked based on your personal appearance. – less
customer service
Team Member (Former Employee), hartford city indianaMay 13, 2013
customer service At Marsh I was responsible for greeting customers, stocking shelves, running cash register. This job taught me to work well with others along with the public and multitasking.

Seriosly – May 21, 2013

It's a consulting firm not a retail storr

Good Part Time Job
Cashier (Current Employee), IndianaMay 2, 2013
Pros: management, good pay
Cons: part time, hours
Great management, fun work environment, great customers, however in recent years, growth has become a hard task, unless going into management don't expect to make this a primary job.
First Job
Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2013
Pros: did not have to leave for lunch
Cons: strict bosses
A typical day would involve me bagging groceries and bringing in carts. Learn the value of a dollar. Managment was really strict. Co workers were nice and funny. The hardest part was pushing carts and the most enjoyable was the co workers.

Seriosly – May 21, 2013

It's not a retail store!

Heavy workload
Client Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2013
Pros: benefit program
Cons: stressful/heavy workload
Company asking more and more of its employees. Stressful job and workload. No pay raises last several years.
Nice people, easy, but boring job
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 26, 2013
Pros: set hours, rarely asked to work overtime, good health insurance
Cons: lack of opportunities for advancement, low salary
I enjoy the people I work with, but there is little room for advancement in the Austin office. If you are not willing to move to New York or Chicago, your chances of promotion are limited.
Quiet environment
DC Ops Analyst - Tier 2 / Network Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2013
Pros: no micromanagement, quiet environment. no distractions for project deadlines
Cons: lack of updates, few knowledge transfers
Only point person in the NY office on the 3rd shift. Worked alone. Rest of the team was in Franklin, MA.
One of the best companies I have ever worked for
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 20, 2013
One of the best companies I have ever worked for, very relaxed, fun place, and loved the traveling!
Productive and fun workplace with a great work/life balance
Central Zone Administrator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OH and Chicago, ILApril 4, 2013
Pros: benefits package, work/life balance, felxible schedules, back up care assistance
Cons: constant rstructure and change in management which sometimes delayed promotions
In facilities management each day brings it own agenda. I began each day with a list of "To Do's" that were a minimum requirement for the day but always left room for the unknown. When managing a zone of 20 offices, something is bound to require immediate attention requiring flexibility on my end. The colleagues and management at Marsh made this a non – more... issue as everybody is working towards the "Common Good" of the company and its reputation. The hardest part of the job was meeting tight deadlines within real estate transitions which we always met. This also became the most rewarding part of the job when we could sit back at the close of a project, see and feel our success. Marsh is truly a great place to work and do business with! – less
Great Place to work
Sr. Global Mobility Counselor (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJApril 1, 2013
Multi national company and a fortune 500 firm. Great work life balance is fostered.

About Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy – Read more

Marsh & McLennan Companies Photos