Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews

Insurance Agent
Voluntary Benefits - Sales Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 3, 2016
Great job for someone looking for advancement in a company that is always growing. You need to shine to be able to move up. If you do they promote quickly from within.
Well Respected Name
Casualty Advisor Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
Well respected name. I do believe if you are not of a certain demographic promotions and access to clients can be difficult. Generous with vacation time.
A strong company with integrity & adheres to the Greater Good.
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2016
A great company to work for that strives for excellence. I help colleagues, manage risk by complying with insurance laws & regulation.

I work closely with Licensing Coordinators, producers & compliance personnel to ensure licensing compliance & confidentiality. I perform corporate licensing functions, including obtaining/maintaining licenses, handling corporate appointments with insurance carriers, filing of required state reports & troubleshoot complex licensing matters with state licensing bureaus, carriers & licensing vendor. Additionally, frequently communicates with state licensing bureaus regarding licensing requirements & issues. I’m an advocate for continually improving & creating solutions to licensing issues & ways to improve workflow.
Poor compensation, stressful culture
Certificate Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2016
At the Marsh Austin office, the hard workers eventually get frustrated and go elsewhere. The just-okay employees that stick around long enough will eventually get promoted to supervisors. The terrible ones get away with being terrible for far too long. Compensation is low and those in New York think it is just fine. But sometimes there is a chance to win a $10 gift card! Benefits, like medical and 401(k) and vacation time, are pretty good. Lots of annoying people as co-workers and a mix of great and terrible people in the offices we work with around the company.

All in all - would not recommend unless you need something between finding what you really want.
Pros
Vacation time and benefits
Cons
Compensation
Flexible Workplace
Client Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
The work environment is flexible and dynamic. The most interesting and sometimes the most challenging part of my work was meeting client's different demands.
It all depends on your manager and team
MMC Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016
There is not a lot of growth opporuntunity or interanl movement.Your experience is really shaped by your team and manager - though I don't know many people that are happy working at this company. It really needs a cultural over haul.
Pros
Working hours are reasonable
Cons
Poor management and cutture
Nice People, Collabrative Culture
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2016
Good company to work with, people are all nice, working hours are flexible but long. Good benefits, but like all the big companies may have, chunky organization and slow processes in everything
Do not work here if you have a family
Personal Lines Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMarch 28, 2016
This place is a horrible company to work for if you have a family or want anything to do outside of work..they do not work with the employees and demand more then what they pay for!
Pros
Cons
every aspect of the business is ran horribly and managers are praised for it
Mercer Review
Meeting Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2016
Mercer is overall a good place to work. They value work/life balance and understand not all colleagues would like to work a traditional M-F 9-5. I love working on events and wish to continue to do that in some capacity throughout my career.
Great working environment
Global Access Management - Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 24, 2016
Company has great benefits, and a good working environment.
I have learned a lot as I started as an intern. Initially, I was a secretary assistant, and was promoted to a team leader working in the I.T. department handling user accounts (E-mail) I now work on the Global Access Management team where we handle user accounts globally for e-mail, active directory, shared folder access, and on-boarding/off-boarding of user accounts.
See below
Credit Service Analyst - Contract Role (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2016
I really enjoyed the contract role I had at Marsh and McLennan. Lots of work and not micro managed. My contract was extended for one month. Right before the end of the contract though things with management got sketchy. One employee terminated, one out on short term disability. two veterans quickly up and left, one position eliminated. There was so much work to do and only about five employees left to cover the load. I do not have a clear understanding as to what is going on with management and the team.
Great Culture, Modern and Lots of Perks
Catastrophe Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2016
There is a great atmosphere at MMC, there are very fun, goal oriented people that work there. The comp and benefits are great, best dental far I've seen yet. The architecture and systems is modern and updated. Only drawback is the work/life balance, not much flexibility there.
Pros
Free Game Tickets/ Giveaways
Cons
Marsh is a good place to work
Sr. Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 18, 2016
Decentralized structure with a culture that is challenging to navigate. Strong senior management but lower ranks are often not in the loop on decisions and impact to day to day impact.
Summary
Insurance Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMarch 9, 2016
Good company to work for, good benefits work life balance, good staff, good training and team building.and eveyone works towards one common goal
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2016
It's a great company to work for. The environment is very good, and the people are very professional. The team that I worked with was very helpful and very professional.
Great company with good benefits and work environment
Security Coordinator / General Motors Company (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 18, 2016
A typical day would include processing invoices, fulfilling software and website requests. I learned a lot of different computer programs, GRIT, SAP and OPRA. Management treated their employees fairly and supported their ideas and training. My co-workers were team players and we all supported each other's workloads. I really like the variety of tasks I was responsible for and I was always learning something new. Never a dull day.
Pros
Healthcare and 401K plan
Cons
Traffic travelling to work
Don't respect employees
corporate finance (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 11, 2016
Bad culture where politics and saving a buck rules. They do not care about their employees unless they are very senior executives or someone generating a lot of revenue. Have a lot of good people who work hard for the company but they do not get the respect they deserve.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
bad benefits, long hours, no direction
don't expect to advance here
rather not say (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2016
good place to start at, not a good place to stay. Employer is not incentivized to promote their employees here. They would rather find someone to fill a position and stay there forever.
Up in coming
Client Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 15, 2015
Mercer is a hard working organization that is making headway in the benefit consulting industry. Like many companies there are pros and cons working there.
Great place for insurance professionals
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
Fun place to work if you like insurance, great work life balance, management structure and review processes could be changed. Friendly people, not too many egos
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsh & McLennan Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Marsh & McLennan Companies Reviews by Location