Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employer Reviews

A great company where I gained valuable experience.
Local Technology Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of resolving issues related to computers, printers, and other electronic devices that the help desk technicians couldn't resolve. Most of the time, I would contact the colleague with the issue and attempt to resolve it over the phone using remote desktop software, which would usually resolve the issue. If the problem – more... was still persistent, I would physically go to the colleague's workstation and troubleshoot until the issue is resolved.

While working at Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC), I learned how corporations and organizations alike operate from the technical aspect. I gained excellent technical skills by documenting issues and solutions to increase efficiency and work ethic. At the same time, I further developed my customer service skills by working with colleagues in a professional and concise manner to resolve their issues.

The hardest part about working at MMC was adapting to the policies and procedures. Although I followed the guidelines set forth by the company, sometimes a simple issue would take longer to resolve due to the restrictions that were set. However, documenting the solution proved helpful the next time the issue arose.

The most enjoyable part about the job was helping the colleagues. I made a good effort to satisfy each colleague I came in contact with. I always made an attempt to resolve their issue as fast and precise as possible and tactfully explain what happened and how to prevent it from happening again.

All in all, I really enjoyed working at MMC. – less
Good people and progressive company
Advisory Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good boss, friendly colleagues, good schedule, good benefits
Cons: not related to my passions of film, art and music. i want a different career path outside of insurance.
A typical day involves coordinating with Brokers, colleagues and clients the overview of legal documents, cataloguing, invoicing according to compliance standards and supervising others in my role. I like my Manger very much. He's very straight forward and down to earth. The majority of my colleagues are great as well, but of course there are those – more... who are more challenging to work with and require a bit more patience and understanding when communicating with them. The hardest part of the job is covering for higher level colleagues when they are out of the office. It forces you to be more proactive in learning on the fly and operating seamlessly while communicating with clients you may not often deal with directly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the schedule. When I originally moved into this field, I thought financially the move made sense and that I could continue to explore my creative endeavors outside of my 9-5 job. That was partially correct, but I miss the day to day activities of my prior career in film and television and I'm willing to make the necessary adjustments to move forward in the industry of my preference. – less
A well organized company with good international tax practice
International Tax Consultant (Current Employee), Hoboken NJAugust 5, 2013
This is a company that has a well organized structure to keep business moving. Co workers are all young and fun to work with. Leaders are knowledgeable.
Marsh Warehouse
Warehouse (Former Employee), Yorktown, INAugust 4, 2013
Pros: pay, coworkers, managment
Cons: no insurance
I loved this job !!! No complaints, Very hard work but good company to work for !!!
Very large company results in micro-management/very political
Clearinghouse Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 3, 2013
Cons: no room for advancement, pay increases are few and far between
Not a very pleasant place to work. Demands are very high. Never quite good enough, constant increases in work requirements which results in a very stressful workplace. Has very high turnover in compliance center in Austin, TX
Productive and great work force.
IA-Insurance Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: company always took care of employees.
Cons: i had health insurance.
I was with Marsh for 5 years and enjoyed working with this company. I grow within this company and had the chance to learn new things to do to complete my work task.
Was answering tickets on my computer
Desktop Support Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2013
Basically was getting tickets from my computer and is was about issues that they had on there computer, phones, printer or just moving there equipment to a different cubicle
The biggest and the best.
Vice President (Former Employee), Los Angleles< CAJuly 30, 2013
Account Executive handling large risk management acounts.
Great benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee), TXJuly 30, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: work life balance
Can not beat the Great Benefits

Nothing else to add
N/A
Compensation (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2013
A typical day at the office is wonderful the people, atmosphere and culture are one of a kind. The hardest part of the job is not being able to advance in your career even though the company considers employee movement a main foundation of the business.
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2013
Marsh & McLennan is a great place to work, with wonderful people.
Work/live Balance is awesome
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJuly 8, 2013
I have grown up in this company. It's a great company to work for, I would recommend it to everyone. The opportunties are there however you must voice your interest and they do listen. They encourage growth. Its a great place.
Fun work environment but not very secure.
Deli, Cashier, Produce, Stock (Former Employee), Lebanon, INJuly 7, 2013
Enjoyed working for the company, customers were great and management was very friendly.
Interesting Entry Level
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2013
The management expect workers to sacrifice their livelihood and put in crazy hours.
A stable job with little room to advance
Auto ID Specialist Levels I and II (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 1, 2013
Marsh is a well-run company that pays fairly, has excellent benefits, and is full of great people who are good at what they do. The Auto ID department was responsible for the issuance of thousands of insurance documents every day, but even at its busiest, it was a great and productive environment. I learned a lot about workflow at this job, keeping – more... things moving and getting as much done every day as efficiently as possible. The only reason I ended up leaving that job was that, in the Auto ID department at least, there were extremely few opportunities for advancement. – less
Large National Company
Sr. Accounting Specialist - UBS (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 21, 2013
Had several jobs with varies responsibilities making work challenging at times. The bigger the challenge the better the reward.
Great Support from your co-workers and great training before going off on your own.
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 17, 2013
I would love to work there again. Great company to work for and great co-workers. Just one bad supervisor, but from what I have heard that supervisor is no longer there.
Productive and caring
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INJune 6, 2013
Pros: entergetic and pleasant staff
Cons: can't think of any except short hours
I enjoy working as a cashier because you meet all kinds of people
If you like to be busy, this is the place to be.
Confidential (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 25, 2013
Pros: ability to work remote
Cons: not much of a work/life balance
Each month there is an All Colleague Meeting, a Birthday celebration and a charity to donate to.
Hard working people
Baker (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2013
Once there i was to refill and maintain product while serving customers quickly and friendly. I have learned many ways to care for food products with safety and freshness. Also how to work a large fryer,slicer, oven and proofer. Management was kind of hit and miss, we constantly went though new store managers. Aside from that most managers where pretty – more... friendly and level-headed. The hardest part of the job is definitely being the only baker per day, there is a lot expected to be done by my scheduled time. The most enjoyable part of this job would have to be my co-workers, they are very friendly and helpful. – less

About Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy – Read more

Marsh & McLennan Companies Photos