Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employer Reviews

A Dynamic Company moving in a positive direction
SR. MGR, GLOBAL HR OPERATIONS & QUALITY ASSURANCE (Current Employee), Hoboken NJDecember 4, 2013
A great company transforming to an elite company through transformation.
Engineer Designer
Designer/Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 27, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
Highly motivated Designer/ Engineer with over seven years experience in preparing drawings and topographical and relief maps used in civil engineering projects, such as highways, bridges, pipelines, flood control projects, and water and sewerage control systems. Always team and deadline oriented. Good at that getting approved and permit from city and – more... county. I can review and check drawing of civil engineering. – less
MMC was one of my favorite places that I worked at.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2013
Great place, lots of room for growth, good benefits. Great people.
Interesting place to work
Accounts Payable Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
Worked in the Premium Accounting department where I handled Accounts Receivable and Payable for International accounts.

Learned the Accounts Payable process for an Insurance Broker.
Great Palce to Work
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2013
Pros: benefits, career advancement, culture
Cons: currently going through a transformation
Great environment. Fun place to work, advancement opportunity. Great work/life balance.
my work summary
BENEFIT ANALYST (Former Employee), Urbandale, IANovember 1, 2013
Pros: challenges
Cons: less training opportunities
A day at work would consist of team building, working to ensure that customers are happy and satisfied with their service, i enjoyed on a daily basis that all my employees were put first and were able to get questions answered, along with my staff whom felt valued and had a safe, fun and learning opportunities in their roles, whom i would help to encourage – more... for each employee to work toward their goals. I learned to be independent, having a ability to keep learning and using tools to better listening skills, we all are able to improve even if we think we are at our best, I find that looking at it in that perspective each day, helps me to keep reaching for my goals.

The hard part of my job is when providing suggestions that will help someone to build themselves , when that person does not feel that way about them self, it is difficult to get them on board if they do not want to help them self, but I do not give up, i find any tool that will help that person, along with all my staff.

the most enjoyable part of my job, is my customers, my staff feeling valued in their role/positions, and my company whom will continue to succeed by everyone working together as a team. – less
A very family oriented environment place to work at.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJNovember 1, 2013
The company is a family oriented place to work for. Employees at this company is vey professional and is always helpful to others. A typical day at work is work hard and play hard. What I've learned at this company is how to apply my skills efficiently and effectively.
One of the best companies
AVP Data Warehousing & Data Administration (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2013
Excellent work environment. Enjoyed working with co-workers.
Part of senior team developing consulting models and staff.
National Practice Leader Brokerage Risk Control (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 22, 2013
Pros: part of team that helped evolve practice into industry leadership.
Cons: time requirement; quarterly results focus.
Risk management consulting organization, integral to client service strategy for leading insurance brokerage and advisory firm providing services to Fortune 1000 and middle market clients.
Great and knowledgable organization and staff.
Underwriting Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2013
Very good company to work for with worldwide exposure and leverage.
Different work environment but learned a lot
Deli and Bakery Associate (Current Employee), New Palestine, INOctober 11, 2013
Pros: learning different tasks
Cons: short breaks, always out late
A typical day would be for me to go in and slice deli meat, clean the fryer, and windows as well as cook chicken and clean slicers. I would go in on nights and make the donuts.

I learned that staying busy is what I like best because it helps time go by fast and I'm a really good at multitasking.

The management was pretty great they seemed to care – more... and take into consideration certain things.

Co-workers were good.

The hardest part of the job was making sure we got out on time even though we had to stay and help customers even after we closed.

The most enjoyable was being able to stay busy and get things done and learn new things. – less
Great Environment
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Greenwood, IndianaSeptember 29, 2013
Management is definitely the best part of this company. Not a fast paced company to work for. I didn't get much room for advancement and there are many veterans there that don't make a whole lot of room to move up as a young person.
Windows 7 Deployment
Project Manager / IT Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2013
The team is great and supportive. It is challenging to recommend improvements to some managers.
Loved my job
Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: great work staff
Cons: working downtown cleveland
It was a high stressful job but I loved working with the clients. There were ups and downs to the job but no actual "hard part". Once I learned what was expected of me, it was very enjoyable trying to please our clients.
Not very happy with MMC
Server Automation System Engineer(BigFix&Opsware) (Former Employee), Franklin, MASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: none anymore
Cons: it's all bad
I believe management lost their direction. They do not seem to care much about the employees. Some of the best and brightest people I have worked with I met at Putnam/MMC and like me they moved on. It's a shame really. The people that are still there are always looking for a job just in case. The only reason they stay is because they have years of service – more... combined from Putnam Investments that transitioned over to MMC. – less
Great workplace
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: great workplace
Cons: long hours
Long hours and hard work could run you right up the ladder. Lots to learn if your willing and payoff is wonderful.
Over the phone questions on healthcare plans
Medical Benefits Representative (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: decent wage
Cons: unorganized management and training
Fielding questions and concerns regarding healthcare plans for numerous companies. I learned in great detail the nusiances of health care plans, which is very beneficial to my age group. My co-workers were in their 20's and 30's, looking to move up in the company. The hardest part of the job was the lack of training and skilled supervisors. The most – more... enjoyable part was helping customers to utilize the maximum benefits of their plan. – less
Great for advancement
Administrative Project Assistant (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAAugust 21, 2013
Although Marsh is a hard company to work for when balancing family and sick time for children it is a good company if you want to advance within.
A great company where I gained valuable experience.
Local Technology Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of resolving issues related to computers, printers, and other electronic devices that the help desk technicians couldn't resolve. Most of the time, I would contact the colleague with the issue and attempt to resolve it over the phone using remote desktop software, which would usually resolve the issue. If the problem – more... was still persistent, I would physically go to the colleague's workstation and troubleshoot until the issue is resolved.

While working at Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC), I learned how corporations and organizations alike operate from the technical aspect. I gained excellent technical skills by documenting issues and solutions to increase efficiency and work ethic. At the same time, I further developed my customer service skills by working with colleagues in a professional and concise manner to resolve their issues.

The hardest part about working at MMC was adapting to the policies and procedures. Although I followed the guidelines set forth by the company, sometimes a simple issue would take longer to resolve due to the restrictions that were set. However, documenting the solution proved helpful the next time the issue arose.

The most enjoyable part about the job was helping the colleagues. I made a good effort to satisfy each colleague I came in contact with. I always made an attempt to resolve their issue as fast and precise as possible and tactfully explain what happened and how to prevent it from happening again.

All in all, I really enjoyed working at MMC. – less
Good people and progressive company
Advisory Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good boss, friendly colleagues, good schedule, good benefits
Cons: not related to my passions of film, art and music. i want a different career path outside of insurance.
A typical day involves coordinating with Brokers, colleagues and clients the overview of legal documents, cataloguing, invoicing according to compliance standards and supervising others in my role. I like my Manger very much. He's very straight forward and down to earth. The majority of my colleagues are great as well, but of course there are those – more... who are more challenging to work with and require a bit more patience and understanding when communicating with them. The hardest part of the job is covering for higher level colleagues when they are out of the office. It forces you to be more proactive in learning on the fly and operating seamlessly while communicating with clients you may not often deal with directly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the schedule. When I originally moved into this field, I thought financially the move made sense and that I could continue to explore my creative endeavors outside of my 9-5 job. That was partially correct, but I miss the day to day activities of my prior career in film and television and I'm willing to make the necessary adjustments to move forward in the industry of my preference. – less

About Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy – Read more

Marsh & McLennan Companies Photos