Marsh Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Greed stricken workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beech Grove, INJuly 15, 2017
Management lacks integrity, company's down fall was greed. No security or respect for seasoned workers. No consideration for families of effected employees due to store closures.
it was a job when i had no job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OH 45042July 14, 2017
ring people up, stock shelves, cleaned,bagged items , took out trash, shuck corn, bring in carts , swept floors , mopped floors ,unload trucks,customer care.
Pros
pay weekly
Cons
small pay, days off seperated, poor managment, no roon for advancment
job was good
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 12, 2017
Store closed now I have to start over after 30 years It's hard to begin again at my age but over all the company was good so if they were still open I would recommend working for them
All closed down
Cashier/Night Stock (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INJuly 11, 2017
Was a perfect first job. Learned alot of my work habits from this company. Unfortunately here recently most all locations have closed up. Pretty said to see.
Busy and fast paced work environment
Cashier, Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 8, 2017
At Marsh I was responsible for setting up the deli in a timely manner in the morning while waiting on customers. I have also been cashier trained and have been responsible for taking and recording inventory over product. The most enjoyable part of the job is having regular customers recognize and compliment the work you are doing.
Okay work place, decent pay.
Cashier/Closer (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 6, 2017
I would personally not work there as a permanent job. They constantly cut peoples hours down and then they had like two people that they gave them to. They would call you right before a shift to let you know if you were needed or not. they were not as organized as most places.
Pros
3 breaks, flexible hours, etc
Cons
no insurance, no full time hours, etc
Great employees, and managers, but poor overall Coorporation
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 4, 2017
Fellow workers and Management were very easy to work with, and willing to help in any way they could. A typical day at work consisted of preparing, packaging and displaying product, along with displaying it. The hardest part of the job was the lack of a good support system from Corporate and negligence of their employees and stores. Loved almost every part of the job, most enjoyable was knowing you had accomplished what you were given to do. Also the satisfaction of providing for the customer.
Cons
No full time positions, no raises, and did not provide any kind of benefits.
Doesn't matter
Inventory Manager, JDA Specialist and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 4, 2017
They're all gone now... Poor decision making coupled with no communication created a culture that was driven by here-say and speculation. Employees were left to wonder what was going on and whether or not their jobs were secure. Clearly, they weren't. Of course, this is all moot as Marsh is gone now.
Great History - Rocky last few years
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2017
company had a great history of serving the communities for many years. Last few years have proved difficult due to the inability to invest back into the market at an adequate level
Pros
People, Locations
Cons
insufficient investment to match competitive activity in market
Challenging but gained a lot
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed my day at work. It was challenging at times due to lack of help, but it made my job more exciting.
I have learned how to manage my time better, and be more organized.
In my store the best part of my job was my coworkers and our customers. Since I have worked there they have all become very close. We're like a big family.
The hardest part of my job was when I found out we were closing. Telling all the customers and having to say, "goodbye" to them has not been easy.
Great job/ Bad company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2017
I loved my job and the people I worked with. The only reason I would not recommend anyone to work there is because the company is no longer there. It closed in May 2017.
Productive and great environment
Baker/cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 27, 2017
This was a good job I came and baked all day. I also decorated cakes. Management was good 😊 atmosphere was good. So sad to see them close them up.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Pros
Room for advancement, they work with you on scheduling
Cons
They are closing their doorsπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ
Closed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  LafayetteJune 23, 2017
Closing July 8th great place to work while it was open, Store and co workers will be missed upper management will not. Lots of bad decisions made. I loved my time there.
Just another number
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2017
This place was very physical work, and caused many injuries to your back. Payed well with the incentive plan, but ultimately came down to you being a number on a sheet!
Was Great For A Long TIme
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJune 20, 2017
Company has been run down to literally nothing over the course of the last couple of year. Was always a good place to work previously. Marsh was sold to a holding company 11 or so years ago and the last thing the holding company wanted to do was compete in the retail world.
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2017
Great company to work for. Kind of sad they didn't make it. Leadership did well with the resources that were available to them. Employees and staff were also great to work with.
Service clerk
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  5151 E 82nd Indianapolis indianaJune 19, 2017
When I was working at Marsh Supermarkets back in 2014 I was one of the best service clerks.. came to work on time, positive mindset, and a hard working individual.. the duties I did was clean bathrooms, brung in cards from the lot, and bag items... I loved​ my job as being a service clerk because, that is one of my best job titles
Pros
Free lunch ( sometimes)
Cons
Breaks
productive
Meat Butcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2017
I'm not sure what I should say about bout the job. it was signs of marsh being in trouble almost a year ago. we didn't have the budget to order a number of our supplies
Company closing
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INJune 18, 2017
Many loyal people stuck it out until the end...Employees from Marsh have been very successful as they have joined other retail companies. As a whole Marsh employees are a great addition to any retail endeavor.
Was a great place to work with identifiable goals and great store teams.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INJune 18, 2017
Ever changing environment in grocery industry that always required ability to be flexible. Culture was positive and upbeat with management encouraging employees to be the best they could be everyday. Best part of the job was the people, from the customers to my employees. Identifying and solving problems from the top down was very rewarding both professionally and personally.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsh Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9