Marsh Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Marsh is a great place to work with great benefits. We have a relaxed yet professional atmosphere. Friendly work environment & great benefits. I would recommend to anyone interested in working in the insurance industry.
Good job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 6, 2017
I liked working here, but it was only a "temp," position so every 3 months they had to ask for permission to keep me hired on for another 3 months etc...
Pros
Good People
Cons
Could never get on permanent
Not a bad place
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 2, 2017
The job at marsh wasn't bad or the pay. I got some vacation time once a year. The people was OK at least to work with or talk to. I just had to move out of state.
Laid back and friendly co-workers, got to wear jeans on Fridays
Broker's Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2017
Working for Marsh was very enjoyable. My Manager was down to earth. I got alone with everyone. Grab bags for the holiday, when your birthday come around you get to choose where you wanted to eat. At meetings we had free lunch.
Pros
Free lunch at meetings
Cons
Short breaks
Pathetic training with unrealistic expectations
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 24, 2017
Very poor and unclear training. No support from management and coworkers. Cut throat work environment. No compensation for working out of town over weekends and long hours outside of normal business days. No holiday bonuses. Christmas gift to employees was a cloth duffle bag. Trainers and peers offered no information. I was hired as an IT position and Marsh insisted I perform Insurance tasks then wanted to constantly threaten my job. Extremely stressful. Think twice before considering this company. Coworkers will throw you under the bus to make themselves earn more credit. Lousy company.
Pros
Nada
Cons
Marsh
Terrible training/ no support
Cert specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2017
Boring job not much support from traini g or management. No one even says goid morning to I worked on a team who came put headphones on and never spoke to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
Terrible work environment
Temporary Position with no benefits
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 16, 2017
This was a temporary position, however, the exposure to the insurance industry was a very nice experience. The atmosphere was family oriented, we all felt a part
Good benefits
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2017
Marsh provides good benefits but not many advancement opportunities. Current management is learning towards micro managing employees. No flex-time or summer hours.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work/life balance and not much room for advancement
It is what you make of it
Assistant Vice President - Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
My group was difficult to advance in, poor bonuses and raises. I also found that people were not willing to help out, and more interested in progressing their own career.
Productive and fun work environment
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 20, 2017
Productive and fun work environment. Friendly and family atmosphere. Management was fair and very easy to talk to about problems. Room for advancement within the company.
Set up for failure
Hr leave analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2017
After working in one position for a year I transferred to this role where from day one you are set up for failure with too high of a case load, not enough people and bad management. The company overall was not bad to work
For but this was the worst, most stressful job I ever had.
Benefits
Cons
Management, work-life balance, stress
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Union City, OHJuly 18, 2017
A fun place to work and you are always able to stay busy. You het to deal with several different people during a shift and several co-workers. One of the best places I have worked.
Low morale.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 15, 2017
Benefits and pay are great. Poor morale and extremely poor management. Account managers hold all the responsibility. Agents and management take no responsibility whatsoever. Environment is extremely stressful.
Pros
Often provides free lunches, breakfast, etc. Education is paid for.
Cons
Staff hold all the responsibility. Extremely stressful. Extremely low morale.
first learning place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, INJune 30, 2017
the job is good for first time people looking for a first time job.different people that work there are really nice and will help who every that don't know what they are doing
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
bad management
Understanding the Process
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2017
Typical day was always busy. Learning the compliance and regulatory process. Colleagues was a pleasure working with.
The most enjoyable was being able to know the purpose of the process .
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Advancement
Hard work and good people
Assistant Vice President/Claims Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta/Ga.June 21, 2017
Every day is different.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers.
The worst part is time entry.
Great place to learn about your industry and become an expert yourself.
It was a good place to work for many years
Human Resources Store Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2017
Marsh is currently going out of business, unless they find a buyer...some stores might remain open

I worked in Human Resource at store level and enjoyed it.

Of course, there were some very stressful point of my job; but if I could not handle it I sent it to corporate HR.

Overall, a good company to work for, I am disappointed it is taking such a down turn in business.
Pros
Laid-back environment, decent wage increases, good culture
Cons
long hours, work includes weekends and evenings, having to step out of my HR role to do "medial" tasks if needed
Held different positions at Marsh
Network Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
Had great managers. Held different positions within my 14 yrs with the company. I was given opportunities to advance. The down side was the 3 mergers within my last 5 years with them.
Pros
Was able to take metra downtown
Great Environment...Non-Existent Pay & Management
Insurance Specialist, National Brokerage (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2017
Workload never stopped growing but compensation did not match nor did advancement opportunities. Management was blind to the issues and did nothing to keep their employees.

The environment and remaining employees are great.
Better employer to employees skills
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INJune 5, 2017
My survey may sound a little bitter, but I cannot help that. When I started with Marsh it was a great company or at least the store I worked at in Frankfort, IN was great. Not sure what happened with the company, but it was not well managed money wise. I'm not a business executive, but I know enough that as a company, bills need to be paid, employees deserve compensation for Marsh's mistakes. The mistakes to the employee should be compensated not forced out because of you filing bankruptcy.
Pros
Good coworkers, customers like a family.
Cons
Management could be belittling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marsh. Our community is ready to answer.