MARSHALL DURBIN Employee Reviews in United States

I loved this company
Debone Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 9, 2015
Great atmosphere.

Great benefits.

Work, life, balance was there.

Took care of their people.

Pay was pretty good.

Room for growth and advancement.

Diverse culture.
Night Shift
Quailty Assurance Tech (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALSeptember 27, 2015
It was very enjoyable, with a lot a production being made, I worked along side a lot of foreign immigrants from Central America that enjoy their jobs I suppose.
Pros
Communication with others, mainly HR and USDA
Cons
Lunch breaks were only 30 mins
Nice people to work for
Foreman/forklift driver/truck driver(no CDL) (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 12, 2015
Learned more than i thought i would. We worked no matter what the weather and i liked that part most of all.I hate that the company closed i would of enjoyed working for them for some years.
Pros
Made good money
Cons
Slow process on moving up
didn't loveit nor hate it
Debone (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALSeptember 29, 2014
They have poor management and employee rules. Always be prepared to moving quickly on your feet all day. Its all about team work in which I enjoy. The hardest part of the job was working in freezing tempertures. what I enjoyed the most about Marshall Durbin was learning the process a chicken has to go through to make it on my dinner plate.
Pros
large break area, security
Cons
overlooking horseplaying, bad mouth, some employees on other lines/departments.
Not family friendly!
Debone (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MsNovember 1, 2013
Management is awful. If you have a family situation your supervisor does not care. There is no empathy for employees. Good luck IF you get trained before you start your job. Will throw you on the floor with no training and a 5 hr notice before your shift! You are just a number to this company. Run away quickly! Employees tried to warn me but I didn't think that slavery still existed. Their moral compass isn't pointed in the right direction. Be warned.
Pros
coworkers, over night, off on fridays and saturdays, paid weekly.
Cons
management, training, etc.
This job provided income for my family.
Production and shredding (Former Employee) –  Jasper, Al.July 24, 2012
This job required alot of physical labor, such as standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 75 lbs. containers, and working in a refrigerated-wet environment. I learned how to process different chicken products, team player production, as well as working in different areas of the plant. Management was very hands-on and observant of individual production and team production. The hardest part of the job was working in the cold and wet environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide for my family.
Pros
being able to provide for my family.
Cons
daily commute of 70miles back/forth and cold wet environment.
was a nice and clean place to work.
plant maintenance man in cut up (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSOctober 19, 2012
Marshall durbin is a chicken processing plant,my day see what cuts were to be ran I would have fo change the equipment over. It was hard to change over squipment while they were washing down,it was fun repairing everything and learning how fo work on all the new equipment. Management was ok at times, most Co-workers was ok and nice to work with.
Pros
money, co-workers, and my superviser let me run my repairs.
Cons
long hours, six day work week.
Poultry Production
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALMay 11, 2013
Very good people to work with. Learned how the process of Poultry before going to customers works. Management is ok, can use a lot of work and proper training with them. Most do not allow their workers to leave the line to go to restrooms or anything except on their break, they do not allow them to speak to anyone while working. The hardest thing there is trying to understand some of the workers in the plant. I enjoyed all aspects of my job.
i love working at marshall durbin
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Tarrant, ALFebruary 5, 2013
my typical day at work is delivering fresh chicken to stores. what i learned is what i alway had and that is custmoer servie got that from working in the fast food industryand my mom and dad also worked hard until they could not work no more. i get along with my co-worker all ways have and every job i have had. the hardest part of my job is being on call on your day off cause you never know if another driver going to call off. the most enjoyable part of my job is driveing my truck and getting to my stops and talking to the customer. Marshall Durbin is a great place to work jush like any company it have it's good days any bad days i give my all to the company i work for if Royal Cup have a good work place and pay good i would love to drive for your company.
Pros
we don't get free lunch
Cons
we have good ins. retiredment plan 401k
Offers good benefits if you are a good worker and reliable.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALMarch 16, 2014
When working here, you get geared up and start your shift. You may end up in different places, so you will be cross-trained. There are many advancement opportunities. Always remember to dress warmly, as it is cold inside. Hardest part is that you stand on a concrete floor. The best part is the pay. You start out at $8.95 and hour.
Laid back yet serious food logistics company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 26, 2013
As a shipping clerk I would go to work on the night shift and get off in the morning six days a week. I learned to deal with people in a different way then I was use to and that doing fast accurate work pays off in the long run. Management was fun and at times frustrating but overall one of the better types of management I have experience. The co-workers were fun to work with and did their jobs. The hardest part of the job was finding ways to positively communicating in different situation in-person and on the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing my job and being challenged to do better as new situation arised.
Pros
medium stress level, good employee insurance, and good management
Cons
cold temperatures, rarely dealing with delayed shipments, and occasional change in some shipment of product for customers
Managment is inconciderate
line crew (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 7, 2013
From overal from working at Marshall Durbin I learned that one little mistake is not acceptable, no second chances, co workers are conniving, hardest part of the job is trying to your composure, the most enjoyable part of working at marshall durbin is going home..
Pros
off on your birthday
Cons
short breaks, disrespect supervisors
Unpredictable
2nd Shift Processing (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 13, 2015
I had to do other people work which was not expected of me. Decent pay but it had alot to put up with while working there. It was an alright place to work.
Marshall Durbin is a productive place of employment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSDecember 13, 2012
At Marshall Durbin I learn new and experience news things on a daily basis. The management is and co-workers are very good. There is not a hard part of my job. I enjoy most about my job is the communication.
Pros
salary, communication and management
Cons
benifits
Productive and a good place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Jasper,AL.March 26, 2013
Everyday we learn something new,The management staff is very supportive.The hardest thing about my job is the long hours and the drive.I enjoy working training and working with different peoples.
Pros
free supples
Cons
Good place to work and learn.
Quality Assurance Tech (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALJanuary 9, 2014
Very good learning experience for me the two years there.And management was also caring and friendly.
Pros
plenty of overtime.long lunch breaks
Cons
good healthcare, ten mintues to mine house
meeting alot of people
poultry worker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 5, 2013
having a hard days work,getting along with my co workers,getting to know a lot of people.Learning how to do the job and learning how to new jobs.
Pros
everybody goes on breaks at the same times
Productive and Professional workplace.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALMay 29, 2013
I also worked in a friendly environment. I worked on a production line that packaged chicken and sent it to shipping.
Pros
friendly people and a great supervisor
Cons
short breaks
Overall enjoyed my job.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALJune 26, 2014
Long and stressful days. With co-workers who for the most part didn't trust their own decision making abilities.
Pros
being able to work without supervision
Lead Person
Lead man (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALJanuary 24, 2015
To watch over employees and make sure the job was finished correctly and maintain quality of the product.