Marshall

Marshall Employer Reviews

Love the store but would never work for them again!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Great Store to shop but not to work for. Managers are extremely rude and doesn't take workers feelings inconsideration. The pay is horrible and would not give hours to work even if you ask to give more hours. Managers only care for customers but not much their employees.
we all help each other in putting back merchandise to the righ department when it's not busy in store.
CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee), Syosset, NYDecember 24, 2014
Pros: understanding co-workers
Cons: good health care
it is nice to work with people who can work together .
team work it very important.
management work with us to have a good team.
co -workers was kind.
was dealing with customers who was mean.
team work and understanding co-workers .
Very stressful
Legal Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioDecember 23, 2014
Pros: centrally located
Cons: too regimented and had no clear structure.
When I worked there we were creating a new office in the Cincinnati area. Nothing was organized, structured or clear.

Management hovered and extremely controlling. No breathing room. Instructions were not clear. Wanted perfection in an imperfect world. In other words, no mistakes tolerated.

Hardest part of the job was trying to please supervisor and management.

Most enjoyable was the support staff. We all got along.
Descent Experience
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2014
I came right out of college and worked for Marshall Dennehey for a year and a half. They had great benefits, tons of little perks, and ran rather smoothly. I think my own lack of experience held me down from my true abilities with the company, but I always enjoyed coming into work. Sometimes things got redundant but it was an overall wonderful experience
Coordinator (Current Employee), Chesterfield, VANovember 9, 2014
My typical day at work always busy, being creative and capturing the customers attention and imagination
I've learned how to have lots of patience and the customer is always right
Being on a management team is a great experience because you to see the big picture when it comes to sales and complete customer care.
I am a recent addition to the company and I am still getting to know my co-workers
The hardest part of the job is unloading the truck and separating merchandise
The enjoyabe part of the job is knowing that when the customers leave the store they are satisfied.
Hard worker with a little fun.
maintenance associate (Former Employee), 112 W 87th Chicago IL 60620October 3, 2014
Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
social working
Helped other worker (Former Employee), Decatur, GASeptember 2, 2014
youth friendly center is one the place where all youth are came and get enjoy at the time i was game and sport coordinator
Comfortable work enviroment meeting new people everyday.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2014
A typical work day with Marshall/TJX companies stocking the merchandise in a timely matter,meeting and greeting new faces everyday.Taking pride in the job and service Iwas able to provide.The hardest part of my job ws actually nothing because I took pride in what I loved to do.
easy going
cashier (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJuly 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people.
Cons: low pay.
I learned how to deal with different people.
Co-workers all was to themselves.
Hardest part of the job was maintaining the floor and cash register.
the enjoyable part of the job was helping with fashion.
Corporate Architecture firm
Junior Architect (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2014
Heavy middle management. Big firm. No support for entry level.
productive work place
STOCK CREW (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2014
Having a proven ability to lead by providing great customer service ,great co-workers I enjoy working with them, the hardest part of the job is when we are short of people , the most part I enjoy doing is putting a smile on a customer face.
Electronic component sales
Outside/Inside Sales (Former Employee), Portland, OregonJuly 8, 2014
Pros: lots of fun, and great support from management.
Cons: very competetive to the point of other suppliers being unethical.
Marshall Electronics was a seller of Electronic components to industry in the Northwest.

I had a client base with which to service. My role was to find the key players on new projects and offer the components they would need from my company. I also set up meetings with the technical representatives from the brands I represented (TI, Motorola, AMD, etc.).
Great company with solid values
Account Executive (Current Employee), Longwood, FLJune 10, 2014
Great values with long time family cores. Fantastic team to be apart of
Terrible place to work, only cares superiors
LEGAL SECRETARY (Former Employee), PHILADELPHIA, PAMay 4, 2014
Pros: no pros anymore
Cons: took away 1/2 of reimbursed sick time, took away spring & x-mas bonues and split money into salaries.
GREAT BOSS, LOVED MY CO-WORKER SECRETARIES. NOTHING ELSE TO SAY ABOUT COMPANY.
marshalls inc
Retail/Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLApril 25, 2014
Marshmallows was a good job but the pay rate was low and the work was excruciating
Computer Operator for a department
Supervisor/John Schartzer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 25, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work is a lot of computer entry. What I learned was about taxes and how they are filed. Management team was unagreeable. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was many actions for a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we met outside and talked.
Good National Company
Paralegal (Former Employee), Melville, NYApril 11, 2014
This comes from a new satellite office workers point of view. I can't say I got a full feeling for the heart of the company. I can say it is very professional and respected. The office I worked in was also professional and respected in the asbestos litigation field. A typical day of work was researching new and active cases, keeping track of the status of the many cases involved in active trial groups, preparing documents for attorneys to see the large amount of information in chart format as well as properly inputting and updating information in a database program so that the information would go to the right places when specific charts were run. Co-workers were capable, most were more capable than the duties assigned, which formed a strong base at the support staff level. The attorneys were experienced and highly regarded at the many depositions involved in the litigation taking lead at many depositions.
fun place to work but didn't like management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Rochester nyMarch 2, 2014
Pros: cool coworkers
Cons: never listened out
enjoyed working with my co workers that didn't have higher authority. i enjoyed my customers, i love the customer with the kids there are just the best and bring the joy to the store. i didn't like that management did not listen to anything the employer's had to say.
Always changing
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Valencia, CAFebruary 10, 2014
A typical work for me is busy. I clock in and check our customer service numbers. I check my breaks and lunch. I then commence to ringing up customers
A Fun and Interesting Atmosphere
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: happy atmosphere, promotion, party banquet
Through my work experienced I learned alot of communication and teamwork collaboration. It had its up and down moment. Alot of Interesting things happens around this kind of work enviroment. I managed to gain trust, loyalty and leadership. Starting as a beginner to training my co-workers in areas that needed more attention. Lastly but not the least its a place I will never forget. The knowledge, friendships, and memories I gain will never cease.

1 2 3