Marshalls
1,519 reviews

Marshalls Employee Reviews

Very Productive and Helpful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cicero, NYJune 29, 2015
I loved working at Marshalls, the managers and co-workers made it fun and easy to learn everything I needed to know. I learned how to work the register, do exchanges and returns, sign people up for our store credit card, stock shelves, and work in the fitting room. The hardest part of working at Marshalls was probably putting the clothes in the right spot on the floor. It was impossible.
fun workplace and excellent team skills
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Yuma, AZJune 27, 2015
Friendly enviornment,Excellent team players and kind coworkers. Marshalls also has very supportive managers and thee hours are pretty cool
Productive and a Fun place to work
DEPARTMENT CASHIER LAY (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2015
Pros: NICE EMPLOYEES GOOD ENVIRONMENT
Cons: NEED MORE FOOD PLACES AND LOWER PRICES
HELPING IN EACH DEPARTMENT TO ENSURE WE HAVE A SUCCESSFUL WORK DAY... SHOE DEPARTMENT INVENTORY CLEANING STORE RECOVERY LAY-AWAY SALES CUSTOMERS SERVICE TEAM PARTICIPATION
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Huntington Park, CAJune 26, 2015
overall good working environment, work days were productive.
A typical day at work consisted of greeting and welcoming customers, organizing shelves and racks, distributing and organizing new merchandize, walking around and assisting customer's needs.
Great First Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Arlington HeightsJune 26, 2015
Great first job. I learned a lot retail and how a store operates. Great co-workers and management, there always willing to help you.
Marshalls
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJune 25, 2015
This company provided me with an opportunity to start over when I need it. The company hired me in as a part time associate and within two years I was the Assistant manager in charge of operations on track to becoming a store manager. I was sad to leave the company but they were unable to relocate me to Arizona to help out my parents..
Dont do it !
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee), North Brunswick, NJJune 24, 2015
Cons: too long hours not enough breaks, the managers were mean all the time
i hated working here, the demand for people to work there was ridiculous. i was greatful for the opportunity to work in general but NO ! NEVER AGAIN
Summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJune 23, 2015
Worked in Home and Gift Ware Dept.
Difficulty with schedule flexibility.
Stocked isles and offered customer assistance.
Fun workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2015
Professional workplace environment
Learned data integrity
Friendly co-workers
Multitasking was the hardest part of the job you need to do way many things at at time and answer everybodys questions while doing your job.
Marshalls Summary
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Mequon, WIJune 23, 2015
Pros: Decent Pay every week
Cons: N security, benefits or over time
Managed employees on sales floor in departments non their shift.
Restovcked shelvesd, emptied bins from our trucks 6 days a week.
Reorganized shelves and created clothing and toy features that varied from diffrerent prices and colors, etc.
Monitored front desk and operations/ tasks necessary when managers went on lunch and 15 minute breaks.
Productive with great Customer service
Merchandise Displayer (Former Employee), Salisbury,NCJune 23, 2015
Pros: Lunch breaks
Cons: Emergency days
A typical day at work In Marshalls consisted of setting cloth on rackets and assisting customers in anything they needed.
I Learned that even though some days customers can be rude or can come in having a bad day, a smile and a nice greeting can go a long way.
management was okay, managers made sure that we knew what was the goal for the day and what it took to accomplish that goal.
The hardest part of the job was picking up all the cloth that was left on the floor and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to finish the job with excellence
Store Associate
Store Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 20, 2015
I loved this job because of the environment. I learned so much about retail and how its fun but it come with a lot of work. How team work can make a lot things come to action.
good teamwork
Cashier (Former Employee), Danvers maJune 18, 2015
Marshall was my first job. i learn how to work with others and good customs service.Its a fun place and a good place to work.I loved working for them.
Had fun
Leading Sales Associate and Coordinator (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good management, job security
Cons: Salary needs to be raised
Marshalls is always busy. You are over worked there, but with a decent to good management, the work flow seems easy. Simple job, not much to learn from it.
flexible workplace
Stocker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 18, 2015
Pros: overtime availability, 45min lunch breaks, being able to work in different departments
Cons: having to leave early when their's not much work to do
I loved everything about marshalls. Their willingness to work with you to make sure you have a set schedule, The way all associates assist each other, etc...
Nice
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJune 18, 2015
Nice place to work. Great environment and friendly people. Flexible scheduling, willing to work with students to schedule around school.
Productive and welcoming workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), North CarolinaJune 17, 2015
Pros: Special dinners for the employees
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day at work consist of maintaining a clean and safe working environment; as well as keeping a warm and welcoming attitude towards our customers. I learned how to work under stressful circumstances and maintain a great attitude when working with unhappy customers. Management is excellent and has a great way of handling uncomfortable situations. As far as co-workers, they were always pleasant to work with and were very helpful to one another. We formed close friendships and sisterly bonds. The hardest part of the job was trying to please every single customer; each and everyone of them were very different and wanted their items handled certain ways. Some more gently than most and others wanted you to ball them up and throw them in a bag. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was forming bonds with my customers and keeping them satisfied with my performance as an individual. I enjoyed the 20 percent discounts as well.
productive but different
cashier (Former Employee), lombard,ILJune 17, 2015
Simple. Lacked good leadership. Did not enjoy the job completely. Dislike retail in general. Learned about pricing, managing. Independence.
Good company
Administrative/Front End/Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 17, 2015
I only applied for Marshalls as a seasonal job and stayed for 5 years. Every position I had was enjoyable. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Dante's Inferno and I had some things in common here, he had 9 levels and I had 6 years.
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), NJJune 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits, holiday/vac/personal days, mileage reimbursement
Cons: too many chiefs, "know it all" management, night time recovery, they'll promote anyone
After working for this company for a long time I will have to say the best day was the day I resigned.
A typical work day would involve me being stuck on register due to this companies inability to understand payroll and short staff every shift. I would clock in 5 minutes early, tour my department, start a project and get interrupted by management nonstop over minor cosmetics. Ringing register as a department coordinator took up half of my shift, if not longer. I would then have to cover the front end coordinators lunch, which would be between 45-60 minutes. I'd take my lunch, come back, try to push out the stock that sat dormant for too long due to inability to provide a stocking team.
It wasn't all down, the people I worked with were the only reason I stayed there. The management could be cool, but were office dwellers and LAZY!
I'm not one to take too kindly to being spoken down to or disrespected so my demeanor in this companies' eyes was not great because they want YES men. If you even question the slightest thing it jeopardizes your future as it did with 1 of the 250+ people I worked with over the 6 year span. That's right, talk about a rollover rate!
The best part of the day was leaving. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of common sense that exists amongst customers, coworkers, and management.
I was the go to guy for everything, even IT things even though it wasn't my job.
But it did it anyway cause that's the kind of guy I am.
The biggest issue I had was when they cut us from 40 hours to 35 and also did away with overtime.  – more...
For a company trying to reach 40 billion dollars, they sure know how to cheap out on the employees who put their blood, sweat, and tears into their occupation.
This was always a job to me, not a career.
But if you do want a decent job with benefits work in the store, if you want the luxurious life then move to Framingham, MA and look at how comfy the higher ups are sitting....
Also when it came to customer returns there was a 30 day policy but seeing as how "the customer is always right" it didn't matter. People would return things from 2 years ago and we would have to return it, even though the policy said no.
TOO MUCH GREY AREA, very hypocritical.
On a closing shift, night time recovery is horrific from under-staffing throughout the day – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Salaries

$8.10 per hour
Sales Associate/Customer Service
$8.14 per hour

Marshalls Photos

The Holidays at Marshalls  2014 (me)