Marshalls Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,945 reviews matching the search
it is productive
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glenolden, PAAugust 30, 2016
iyou dont know how many hours you get a week and you dont know where you going to be at when you get in there. there is some good days and some bad day
Pros
10% off
Cons
no healthcare
Not Good
Receptionist/ File Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2016
Didn't care for staff, never paid on time, checks would always bounce because they never had sufficient funds to cover payroll. Didn't care for the children and staff
Great workplace
Cashier/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAAugust 29, 2016
We all got along there we made the workplace fun during closing time our managers never made our store boring looking at all the fun merchandise while working and being able to speak to the managers about anything they are very understanding
Very team associated, and just an all around nice place to work.
Sales Floor Associate/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 27, 2016
The managers I had were very friendly, and always took care of their employees. I worked with some of the best people, this location was very much in the team spirit which I thoroughly enjoyed.
okay
Sales Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2016
Working at Marshalls is great as a first job experience. The experience you go through will improve your skills and abilities. Co-workers are usually friendly and pleasant to work with. Miscommunication through management however happens often.
Boring!!!
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 26, 2016
Typical day: Stand behind the register and wait for customers.
You were not allowed to move from behind the counter. It just wasn't fast paced enough for me personally. The dead times were what really made me lose interest. Its a GREAT position for teenagers who are entering the working world. I personally wouldn't say there was any hard parts of that job at all. Its just a very boring and mind numbing job. The other workers were nice, but very young.
Pros
Not Hard
Cons
Very boring
fun palce to work in
bulk Drive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2016
i love this job cause i was to able to learn alot the management was great also the the coworkers the hardest part of the job was the inventory the most enjoyable of this job is driving the bulks
Excellent Company to work for
Key Carrier, Backroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHAugust 25, 2016
Run the backroom, learned operational duties, excellent co-workers, heavy lifting, enjoy working with my backroom team. Overall great place to work despite the new management team member who has accomplished to bring the morale in the store down.
Pros
good healthcare, great vacation benifits
Good place
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NY 11758August 25, 2016
Good people, decent work load always had something to do there, good place to be for a bit of time, full time is hard to get there, usually a chill workday everyday.
Workplace
Cashier and Shoe Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GA 30328August 24, 2016
I really liked working at Marshalls. I loved my managers and the associates but I was 19 when I left right before my 20th birthday I had just got my first apartment and working there making under $200 a week wasn't going to help with bills so thats the only negative.

Want to know more about Marshalls?

Ask a question
Overall Good Place To Work
Stock Associate / Receiver (Current Employee) –  Narragansett, RIAugust 24, 2016
Overall Good Place To Work. It Be Good Associates And Good Management. Just Not Enough Hours. You Can enjoy it if your into retail.
fun room
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 24, 2016
Marshall is good job and I am enjoy it.. I am learn so much from this store. I met new people ad they are friendly. My hardest part is everything get done form truck.. I got good pay but it bad hours...
Pros
discount
Cons
short brak
love making people happy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 24, 2016
had fun working with the people there learn new things . showing me how to work the sale floor ,meeting new people learn what they like and didn't like what kind of things they like
Pros
new things everyday
Cons
lot of work
production work fun environment
ICF TICKETING (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAAugust 23, 2016
nice environment once you learn the job. everything is very simple once you get pass your training. A various day consists of clocking in and getting to your assigned line for the week, checking your lane making sure that you have adequate work for that day to ensure that you make production of 2000 per day.
Pros
easy job if you know production work
Cons
if there is no work they will send you home befor allowing you to clean and stay on the clock.
Summary Of My Job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDAugust 22, 2016
My Review on the company is great , i like that we do cool activities at work for the love ones who are going through cancer , or any type of health diseases. My co-workers are really nice people and are helpful. The hardest part of my job is that i cant reach high shelves. But the most great part of about my job is i love meeting new people.
Pros
i meet new faces.
Cons
lack of enough hours to work.
great place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYAugust 21, 2016
A typical day at work is just being there to do my part to the best of my ability as a part of the team. In regards to management,where examples are set for staff to follow especially when delegating responsibilities that are in the best interest of the staff member who also appreciates and respects each other and work together to better promote the company. the greatest part of the day is being pleased with the completion of tasks in a timely manner. The worst part is not being able to accomplish the goal that was set at the beginning of the work day.
it was an okay place to work at
MERCHANDISE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 21, 2016
it was fun to work but the hours were not really flexible according to the times i was free or didn't have classes.i learned to be organized, work as a part of the team, but my co-workers were not as outgoing as me.
Marshalls Workplace
Cashier and front-end associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2016
Marshalls was an interesting place to work. They employees were nice people and the customers were pretty much nice people. The managers were flexible and easy to talk to about problems or the need to request days off.
worst place to work for
Backroom Stocker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 20, 2016
this place is the worst for work for , no benefits, the most bad hours . management was very rude. i learn not to ever work for this company. no benefits
entry level sales.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAAugust 19, 2016
Great for students. I reccommend this job for people who need a job with flexibiltiy. TJX overall is a great company to work for whether it be at the highest level or bottom.