Marshalls
1,556 reviews

Marshalls Employee Reviews

Great Job
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 28, 2015
This job was a great job and a great way to help begin your career. I enjoyed my job there for the time i did work there. Management was helpful when working there they always worked with you.
good teamwork and fast pace working environment
Sales/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, MinnesotaJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Everything was done in fast and efficient way
Cons: Supervisor micromanagement
A typical day included helping customers out and organizing products. I learned how to use the register and how to work in a fast pace environment. The hardest part of the job was answering questions not related to the department, but I found that being honest is the best thing to do when U don't know something. THe most enjoyable part is just helping customers out.
Hard work doesn't matter at Marshalls
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Get along with all co workers
Cons: The hours suck and no advancement oportunities.
There is no advancement at the TJX Companies I have worked for this company for almost nine years. I'm still only part time and not because I'm not a good worker because I am a very hard worker and very dedicated. I feel its because there is a lot of favoritism.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Diberville, MSJuly 28, 2015
Great company to work for. Typical day would be being assigned to an area and making sure it stays clean and tidy. Greeting everybody that walks by to ask them if they need help in finding anything. The – more... management was very direct and clear what they wanted done and very helpful. I loved meeting new people everyday it was refreshing. as well as talking to my regulars from time to time when I would see them. My co-workers were always helpful we made sure if one of us couldn't find it we get the workers on the sales floor to help or managers. The hardest part about the jobs was watching people in the fitting rooms with the merchandise. The most enjoyable was the awards the company would give their workers. – less
organized, friendly, and productive
Front end Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Company values its employees and rewards them
Cons: No benefits for part-time and hours are 20 or less
Great place to work at for students as it is flexible and management works with your schedule. Opportunities for advancement within the company.
Great workplace and productive
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
I worked at marshlals for a year and it was great experience for a first job. The managers were helpful and the communication was great.
Hard Work with no adequate compensation.
Customer Service and Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Hamden, CTJuly 28, 2015
You work long hours and dedicate a lot of time to not get a decent raise in the following year. The pressure to sell credit cards are high and it seems to be the only focus
Great Company just a few glitches
Cashier, floor and fitting room associate (Current Employee), Athens GaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great customers and easy work
Cons: Non-confrontational management
The managers are great but the coordinators have a sense of entitlement. No room to advance and several should be replaced.
great place to work
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTJuly 27, 2015
very flexible with hour. fast pace always busy..great place to work if you enjoy helping customers.. they have a great management team
Productive and paid the bills
Receiver (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Mandatory overtime
Cons: short breaks, little pay
This was just a temporary job that I did that was not fun and demanded too much physical energy. Lifting heavy boxes is always dreadful but I was dedicated everyday as I missed 0 days.
suprise lunches for the whole staff
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 25, 2015
Pros: they wanted to keep me
Cons: schooling got in the way of me staying
management was amazing I love the environment. there was a lot of pressure to sell credit cards because it was seasonal. a typical day was organizing clothes throughout the day and cashing out customers.
coordinating clothing dept. and cash office duties
Coordinator (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Discounts on your shopping.
Cons: Working nights and weekends.
I loved my job, I had an opportunity to grow and learn different jobs within the company. I learned the cash office, assisting customers, and as a coordinator working a department on the floor.
Can be a fun place
Markdown Manager/ Cash Office Responsible (Former Employee), Okemos, MIJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free meals from time to time.
Cons: Low pay for the amount of work and responsibilities.
Marshalls was a fun place to work. Especially if you like meeting new people. The management was okay. However, the pay was less then sufficient.
Fast-paced environment but filled with laughters and history
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, MNJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free Candy
Cons: No health benefits
Marshalls was my very first retail job. I was a sales associate working part-time and had very little retail experience. I was first assigned to processing clothes in the basement- boy, that was a scary – more... start. I did not know people actually manually tagged the clothes before distributing the clothes for sale. I thought it just came with price tags and sensors- I know, it's a no brainer, right? It just never came to my mind. Then later, they needed cashiers upstairs on the sales floor so of course I had the chance to actually speak to customers and interact- which is something I'd rather do. A fun and fast-paced environment was what I liked and enjoyed doing. I did mainly cash registers with bagging items and wrapping glassware. And besides cashiering, we had to make sales too- we were selling what they call TJX Rewards Credit cards. Which was a store credit card that can be used with any other Marshalls, Tj Maxx, and Homegoods stores. We had a goal of two a day, and of course, I always met my daily goals. The management there was good, nothing bad. They always strived to be apart of our success by helping us with questions or shielding us while customers try to threaten us. When I was there, I met several cool individuals. They were always hard working but yet always looking out for one another. The hardest part of my job was probably my start, I started downstairs and it was not something I enjoyed doing because you spoke to no one and there was really nothing much to do but hang clothes on racks. The most enjoyable part of my job was price markdowns. We had to come super early but it was always nice to have quiet times and fast-moving team members. – less
Worked for them part time when I was in high school
Cashier (Former Employee), Newburyport, MAJuly 21, 2015
This was an afterschool job that I held for a few years. Room for growth, they were very willing to train a young kid. Couldn't see myself working retail forever so I moved on. No complaints really.
Great co workers which maes it a great placde to work
Front End Cashier/ Sales Floor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount
Cons: No too many hours available
A great team atmosphere everyone is working together to get the job done. Everyone is willing to do whatever is asked of them without throwing a fit because its not what they want to do.
Good starter job. District mgmt. doesn't care about theft,
Assistant Mgr. (Former Employee), New JerseyJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Store discounts
Cons: Store Mgr. very emotionally reactive and rude/disrespectful to associates
Store Mgmt. needs to follow company culture, avoiding favoritism, intimidation, and retaliation. District Mgmt. still maintain old-time values of the good old boys/girls club, covering for others mistakes.
Shoplifting customers allowed to harass/threaten associates and DLPM penalizes the associate.
great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: I left way too soon
great product, great people, plenty of opportunity for advancement.
fun place to work, I would return if the opportunity presented itself.
Good and busy workplace
Seasonal Stocker (Former Employee), Manchester, CTJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Great Team WorkIing
Cons: N/A
Working at Marshall's as an Seasonal Stocker was a great experience. I learned a lot about the company and how to approve my good customer service and how to mange all my duties in a good quick manor.
its was a nice environment
Sale Associate (Former Employee), milpitas,caJuly 18, 2015
make sure my task was done and keep myself busy. The management was nice. The customer service i gave was always outstanding

1 2 3 4 5

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Salaries

$8.25 per hour
Inside Sales/Customer Service
$8.26 per hour

Marshalls Photos

The Holidays at Marshalls  2014 (me)