Marshalls
1,312 reviews

Marshalls Employer Reviews

Fun workplace.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), South Gate, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Very fast pace, good managers, friendly co-workers, and have to have great customer service. hardest part of working there is knowing how to talk to angry customers, without you getting frozen, and have a blank mind. take initiative.
Marshalls is a great place to work.
Regional Presentation Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, MAFebruary 15, 2015
Marshalls is a great place to work, the associates, management team, Regional and Home Office staff are friendly, motivated and dedicated to the overall success of the company.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 15, 2015
This is one of the best company to work for. The associates and management team are great. Overall great place for everyone.
STOCKROOM ASSOCIATE
Seasonal Stock Rm Associate (Former Employee), MEMPHIS, TNFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
Unload merchandise off incoming trucks.
Scan incoming merchandise for stocking warehouse
Stock warehouse with incoming merchandise
Audit merchandise for loss prevention purposes
Pick merchandise and stock shelves with merchandise
Responsible for keeping the stockroom and sales floor clean and neat daily, stock sales floor with new merchandise as needed.
Assist potential customers on the sales floor with merchandise as needed.
Best of both worlds
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Revere, MAFebruary 14, 2015
Marshalls was my first-second job and the experience with was greater than I anticipated. From the management to the co-workers, everyone were friendly, area of work place was nice and neat. I can't bad mouthing marshalls, it was muaw.
Just need more
RETAIL ASSOCIATE/ CASHIER (Current Employee), CalifrniaFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: friendly assocites, nice merchandise from time to time
Cons: short breaks, not many hours given
Needs to be more fast, fun, and friendly. Don't want to feel like I'm just working another 9-5. Would like to experience something different. Something out of my retail comfort zone. Maybe hospital work of some sort.
Poorly managed store that moves through the motions.
Cashier/Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Freeport, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, employees are like family
Cons: poor management, zero care for individual, unappreciative
While I did gain many significant skills from this job, it was only because of my drive to learn and my unwillingness to say "no" when told to complete a job. I did everything my superior's asked of me to do without hesitation. As a cashier and shoe sales associate, I almost always stayed late past my scheduled hours, I came in earlier than scheduled, I covered people's shift uncountable times, and I did things for my managers that were so far out of the job description. These things include janitorial duties (cleaning bathrooms, floor spills, climbing 15 ft ladders to clean vents in the ceiling), stock room duties (moving merchandise out of stock room, compacting empty boxes, fixing machinery, and moving merchandise off trailers into stock room), as well as other duties that were far beyond the job description. After going the extra mile, always doing favors, and being the most productive employee for 9 months, I was given a raise that was so insulting, it forced me to quit 2 weeks later.
good enviornment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: gifts cards for doing a good job, 10% and sometime 20% discounts
Cons: part time, no benefits, no holiday pay, no sick leave
my job at marshalls is fun and i like it, it's just that it's a part time job and i do not get the experience all the perks and benefits of the company, however, overall i like working for the company. on the other hand though i need dependable full time employment with a company i can call home. my days at marshalls are easy going and i'm able to complete my work always on time. i learned a lot about how department stores are ran and how to stock the store everyday so that it's shop able for customers. my co-workers are nice and my management staff are nice as well. i get along with every one as if they were family. there really are no hard part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job is when work is completed and we're compensated with meals or gift cards for doing a good job.
Just a part-time job
Employee (Former Employee), 8080 Mall Parkway, Lithonia, GAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay, managers have attitudes, not enough staff
If you are looking for just a job to make a little money, this is the place. The managers are rude and the employees just deal with it. I do not recommend this job as a long time career or any longer than a few months. Don't waste your time and cause any unwanted stress in your life.
Flexible hours, working environment is safe and fun, Managers are approachable and rational.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 11, 2015
I typically start my day making sure that the department where I work in that day is clean and organized. After that, I make sure I greet every customer that comes in the store and make sure they are being attended to with their inquiries. It is ideal to think that you'd get along with you co-workers, but that's not always the case. Therefore, I always try to be very professional in approaching them. My job requires me to work on my feet the whole shift so I think this is one of my challenges. I enjoy meeting new people everyday and I also love seeing regular customers.
A busy place at all times
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: discount on clearance merchandise
Cons: none really
Always busy, never a minute except for lunch time.
Management was great. It was a team atmosphere.
I learned a lot about floor plans and making huge floor moves
Most enjoyable was bringing out the newest merchandise and making it look enticing.
Easy going work place with a few downfalls
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakewood, WAFebruary 10, 2015
The working environment was good and other associates make it fun but as a pt worker there was no job security. I was informed the day of that it was my last day which was quite unexpected and and rude in my opinion. Even though the managers were polite about the whole experience it was an inconvenience that i had no time to prepare for the loss of the job and no time to plan personal situations around such a major change.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Powell, TNFebruary 10, 2015
Marshall`s is a great place to work. But, since the holidays are over I`m not getting the hours I need to support myself and pay bills.
Free lunch for every hollyday
Warehouse Forklift Operator/ Driver (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: sometimes free lunch and coffee
Cons: long shifts
Hard job and to much stupid rules,low pay when start in begin and low rate every year. low respect betwin supervisor and employers.
Productive work place with a variety of peope
Cashier (Former Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: for the busiest days during the holiday season, they would provide us with free meals or snacks.
Cons: scheduling issues
Every time I would go in, punch in my log-in time and go down to the cash registers. I would help out customers there. I learned how to do different types of returns, and a few things to make my customer service better.
not much to say
Sales Associate (Former Employee), smyrnaFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: bad work enviroment
they need to work on the schedule and employees, it's very unorganized and make-shift, nobody is never on time and the work falls on the employees thats been there since that morning...
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Enfield, CTFebruary 6, 2015
Staff and co workers were very friendly and helpful. I worked there during the holiday when it was very busy. I hope I can return to Marshalls for the summer months
Does not treat their long term employees well at all
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Woburn, MAFebruary 5, 2015
No job security, does not care about long term employees. They are canning and/or cutting hours on long term employees who have given everything to this complany and hiring new people at a fraction of the pay.
The customers were always interesting.
MERCHANDISING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Hanford, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Though plenty other people have had better experiences than I did, but for the most part I had issues with management. The scheduling was so inconsistent it was just no way to support myself.
Team work and fun place to be at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, occasional parties
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would be like interacting with customers, helping them with their needs, and satisfying their shopping experience at Marshall's. Co-workers are all friendly and work together as a team to satisfy customers. The hardest part of the job was nothing because if we didn't understand something the mangers or cc-workers would always be kind enough to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was just seeing customers be happy and satisfied with their shopping experience at Marshall's.

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Photos