Marshalls
1,412 reviews

Marshalls United States Employee Reviews

Very Produtive Team
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 14, 2015
Pros: The Team and Discounts
Cons: none
Marshalls was a great company! Great team members to work with, good hours, and Discounts for employees. It was always a safe and productive place to work all of our team members worked very well together.
Very Flexible
Sales Associate/Manager (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 14, 2015
A nice place to work you get to meet new and interesting people on a daily basis. Everyday is a learning experience and there is always something new to learn.
Unbalanced
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 13, 2015
Marshall's pays their employees way to little, for what they make in one day. They make minimum 40k a day per store, and over 100k a day during the holidays. They pay their employees minimum wage for the amount of work they have to do. Some managers just boss you around and dont even help when the store really needs the help. Work place is always under staffed, and the company of Marshalls make a huge fit if the managers pass payroll for only 100 dollar, like if they dont make money. The only good thing you can get from working there is how to be patient and organisation skills improve greatly.
Marshalls Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Working with people
A typical day at Marshalls varies due to the different responsibilities and departments I worked. I am able to work most departments for instance; Mens dept., shoe dept., cashier, and stalk room. Most days I will work as a cashier or as part of the markdown crew. Being that I am a sociable person I am able to communicate and get along with all employees. Throughout working at Marshalls I learned customer service, how to use a register, and other mechanical devices that help maintain the store inventory, as well as maintaining a safe and clean environment around the work place not only for the customers satisfaction, but also for the store requirements.
great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Visalia, CAApril 13, 2015
loved working there it was very easy and nice. kids did great and treated me like family. never had a hard time with kids or the parents.
Productive and fun workplace.
Clerk (Current Employee), Okemos, MIApril 12, 2015
Cons: Healthcare
A typical day at work is helping customers and organizing the department. Management is good. Co-workers are very friendly. The hardest part of the day is cleaning up the department at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is helping customers.
productive wowrkplace with ample opportunity for growth and promotion
Loss Prevention Training Specialist (Former Employee), New York , NYApril 11, 2015
A typical day included attending meetings to discuss Loss prevention and shrink initiatives. I would communicate with several Associates including management and store coordinators on the effects of day to day activities to the sales and loss to the business. I learned how to communicate with different individuals as far as listening skills and properly motivating them and constructive criticism to improve their development and improvement as well as my own. I attended meetings with the management team to discuss proper ways to ensure store loss prevention goals were met and how to improve the shrink goals and conduct audits on a weekly basis. The hardest part of my job was introducing and implementing new loss prevention initiatives to a store team that was already flanked with ever growing tasks by the company. It was a welcomed challenge to stay diligent and create new and initiative tactics to ensure the goals would be met and attended to. The most enjoyable part of my job was training and participating in the development of newly hired loss prevention candidates. I took part in experiencing new hires grow and become productive members of the loss prevention team to go on to their own stores and make significant impacts
very friendly enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Huntington Park, CAApril 9, 2015
i would be in charged of the ladies department which was also juniors department and thier active clothes.
my co-workers wouldnt really interact when it came to helping other with others work unless it was closing time and they wanted to leave early..
Managers weren't always so friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 8, 2015
Your typical day at work was like any retail store you would work at. Helping customers, putting clothes away from the fitting rooms, etc. Co-workers were great, the managers, to me, only liked some of the co-workers.
Good Place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Canton, OHApril 8, 2015
Fun environment if you like your coworkers. Gets hectic and the hours are very short. Customers can also be very rude. Management is pretty cool and laid back.
some districs great to advance
Operations Manager- Lead detective (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 7, 2015
Lead detective- Operations Manager Marshalls
Worked closely with Store Manager and District Manager to recruit, hire, train, and supervise, and promote associates. Control inventory and reduce shrink. Promote customer service programs. Daily functions of cash office. Weekly staffing to maintain store coverage. organise and conduct productive staff meeting. Motivate associates to meet and surpass goals of company programs. Worked closely with District Loss Prevention Manager, Store manager, and associates within the district to continue to identify shrink opportunities. Train new detectives in district to obtain goals. Motivate and monitor team performance. Schedule within the needs of the business. Conduct dishonest associate investigations and interview with accomplishments of admittance for case closure. Identify risk areas and apprehend shoplifters. maintain detailed documents for court cases. Ensure to create a great and safe shopping experience and workplace. Assist other districts with training, and internal and external cases.
cashier and stock
Customer Service/Stock (Former Employee), deerfield beach, florida 33442April 6, 2015
Was very unhappy working for this company, even though my co workers were great i was very unhappy with management and the hours i was given
Productive, yet fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 5, 2015
Pros: Discount privileges
Cons: Short breaks
During a typical day at work, I would go straight to the break room to clock in then come out onto the floor and start recovering. Working on the floor consisted of returning and recovering. I would constantly have to go behind the register or the fitting room and return the clothes back to the racks. While I was not returning clothes, I would be recovering the racks; picking up clothes from the floor, putting sizes back in order, and making the clothes look in order. Depending on how long I would be working, I would have to cover for the person working in the fitting room when they go on lunch. Some days I would be assigned in the fitting room for the entire day, where I would have to keep it clean and assign numbers to those coming in to try on clothes. I definitely learned to multitask and to be ready for any position when assigned. In one day, its possible for me to be moved from the woman's floor, to the men's floor, to the fitting room and even to the front end as a cashier. The managers were very hard-working, and treated each associate with respect. The co-workers were very easy to get along with. Over time, I became very accustom to this job. It did not take too long for me to adjust as well as I did. The most enjoyable part for me was the feeling of being someone that my co-workers and management could rely on. I also would of enjoyed if I was given time as a cashier.
It wasnt the best job for me
Part-time Stock Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 5, 2015
Pros: 10% dicount on all items
Cons: short breaks bad hours
a typical day art work involved unwrapping clothes from a box on to a cart to processed and sold. I learned about how the company structured and the importance of a focused work force. my coworkers were friendly and well mannered individuals. the hardest part of the job was getting there. the most enjoyable part of the job was my breaks spent with my coworkers.
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 2, 2015
Pros: Paid weekly
Cons: Sometimes early mornings and late nights, but depends on the time of the year, (ex. holidays)
I enjoyed my experience working at Marshalls. I loved the diversity of people on staff most of all. A typical day at work can be pretty fun. I started off working in the fitting room, then moved to cashier sometime after that. The hardest part of the job would probably be recovering the merchandise at the end of the night. The most enjoyable part of the job personally was cashiering because it was fast-paced and the time went by rather quickly. Definitely have to interact with people, so it's enjoyable to help and engage with customers. Marshalls was my first job, so I learned a lot of things: how to cashier, handle customers, and how to prioritize.
Fun work place, awesome crew/ teammates
Retail specialist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 1, 2015
Pros: it's an awesome place to work especially if you want to move up in the company
Cons: not enough hours and if they dont have money we can't pick up shifts
Busy all the time
to always keep the customer happy
GET TJX credit cards
Management is awesome.
Co workers are awesome
getting tjx is the hardest
fun and productive place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), evans,GaApril 1, 2015
Pros: high sales.
Cons: nothing.
I loved my job, it was a very fun, neat and it was very busy. I loved all my co-workers, and managers. I never had a problem with anybody, i always did my job perfect. the atmosphere was perfect as well!
Just a job
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 1, 2015
Not enough help from management and head quarters to help the associates help the customers. Every day its something new and not in a good way.
always busy
Sales floor/Cashier (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: the employees always got along
Cons: management changed
i would always be put in two areas of the store. the mens & kids departments and while i was there i would have to greet and help customers while maintaining a clean enviroment and answer to price checks as well at a very fast pace. also when i would be on cashier i would have to try to maintain a conversation with customers and try to sell them credit cards and gift cards from our store while still maintaining a fast pace to not create long lines.
fun, friendly place
laborer (Former Employee), skokie, ilMarch 31, 2015
A day working at marshalls is really fun, and everyone was really nice and caring. i would be working there more but it was to far from my place.

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Salaries

$8.25 per hour
Sales Associate/Customer Service
$8.25 per hour

Marshalls Photos

The Holidays at Marshalls  2014 (me)