1,114 reviews

Marshalls Employer Reviews

Sales Associate (Current Employee), Frederick, MDSeptember 1, 2014
ITS A GREAT COMPANY EACH STORE NEED TO FOLLOW POLICY AND BE CONSISTANT
While fun to work for the compensation just isn't enough
Sales associate (Current Employee), Boston MASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great staff, when the location is busy time goes by fast
Cons: low pay, uncertain scheduling
While fun to work for the compensation just isn't enough. Minimum wage doesn't pay the bills and if you don't get enough hours with in a month and your rent is due and lights are about to get shut off your stuck.
Awesome Staff
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garfield Heights, OHAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benefits, holiday pay, discount
I typically would work 3 days a week for 4 hours each day. I was at the time working another job and in school. While i wasnt in school. Marshalls gave me amazing hours and they treat there employees like family. I learned customer satisfaction, smiling is the same in every language and the more you are avaliable, the more hours you recieve. I learned – more... shoe processing,markdowns, cash register, backroom coordination, men's department, layaway, fitting room and closing all while working for this company where i starting in 11th grade high school. The first location i worked closed down and relocated all of us to other store. Moving was the hardest part of this job, but i stayed strong because the new employees that i had come across where nice and friendly. – less
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers, teaches you how to have patience
Cons: under paid, managers careless, under staffed
A typical day at Marshalls is working in the fitting room, counting customers merchandise in and out of the fitting room. Making sure clothes are sorted neatly on the racks, so the employee that's on the floor can put clothes back on the sales floor in a fast matter. Sometimes, I will go on the sales floor and help recover as well. The management at – more... this company can be friendly at times, but the managers doesn't do a good job with communicating with each other. I can truly say I met co- workers at this job that I can call my friend's. The hardest part of this job is working under pressure, because 90% of the time the store is understaffed so there is more work for you to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and working with good driven workers. – less
family baseed, care about there workers
Sale Representative (Former Employee), El Cerrito, CAAugust 30, 2014
learned a lot transferable skills. management was ok. head manger had favored people and based on gender and race. co-worker where great. hardest part of the job was the guild lines it was not set what you had to do so you might end un doing more/ less work then others, even find yourself doing other co-workers job while they do little to nothing.
Easy going work day with lots of smiles.
Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2014
Working at Marshalls was one of my favorite things do in the day. The customers were nice and easy to deal with on a regular basis. My co-workers were easy going and helped out when i needed assistance. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unpleasant customers and having o call the manager down to help assist you. the best part of the day would – more... have to be the customers who you could help and make smile. – less
fun fast paced
Cashier, customer service rep, sales associate (Former Employee), chicagoAugust 27, 2014
Pros: 15% discount, being able to see first hand new merchandise
Cons: no benefits, unstable break time
mistakingly filled this section out first
typical day starts as soon as your clocked in, lunch break changes with every shift. exciting place to work. ive learned how to manage my respect, be punctual, not to let the little most irrelevant bother you. management is always around when needed, kept confidential, reliable, concerned, and very helpful. – more... coworkers can be very lazy, talkative, nosey, non productive , and some hardworking, besides a bounced around schedule, and keep a positive attitude, nothing is hard. most enjoyable is seeing a satisfied customer. – less
Amazing Company with your usual up and downs
Department Manager (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJAugust 27, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, great place to move up
Cons: everybody doesn't pull their own weight
The store has great products at great prices. Marshalls has a great system and management staff. You can move up in this company and make a career out of it.
working there was great
General Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Greece, NYAugust 26, 2014
Working there helped me with my customer service experience. It was a great place to gain experience for a future.
fun
cashier, sales (Former Employee), Roswell, NMAugust 25, 2014
I love Marshalls store especially the store in roswell nm best managers and co workers
Great working experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2014
Great company to work for with co-workers, associates staff and customers relationships.
Learned many new skills to enhance my managerial experience.
over worked
Cashier (Former Employee), baton rougeAugust 24, 2014
at this job you mostly work part time there is no room to advance they under pay you and work you like crazy
uptight managers
sales associate (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZAugust 23, 2014
a typical day at Marshalls would consist of working the registers and then assist customers with any questions or problems that they had.
I learned how to work two different types of cash registers. Was not pleased with management whatsoever. They never kept their word on anything and refused to work with employees. The job itself was actually quite – more... easy. Most enjoyable part was the fellow coworkers. – less
Productive and clean store
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Rowland Heights, CaAugust 22, 2014
I clean break room and offices and/or i work in the stockroom helping unloading the truck
meeting new people coming in & out was awesome
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 22, 2014
Pros: need time for lunch or dinner we had on site
Cons: it was a layoff / job security for the same hours i needed to meet my needs
outsides sales rep.( meet different business in the area : need for hotel stay & meeting space& events
setup & organizer of all events
event planner for parties / reunions for large groups
type all contacts
Retail Experience
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 21, 2014
Alot of friendly customers, plenty of learning experiences in each department for management positions. Great Co-workers
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 19, 2014
It was alright for a temporary job. Not many hours. Not enough pay. Not exactly what i'm looking for at the moment.
productive place, always busy yet fun
Sales Floor Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 15, 2014
Pros: the discount on anything you want
Cons: not enough hours since it's part time
A typical day at work would be me heading to my register and making sure I have enough money and nothing is missing. I ring up a customer and greet them with a smile saluting them and asking them how their day has been and if they found everything okay. I engage them with the TJX card and tell them the benefits, how they can save 10% on their purchase – more... and they receive coupons in the mail. I start with the transaction and scan all their items and bag it. Then I give them their receipt and thank them for shopping at Marshalls.

I have learned that in there you have to have 8 eyes open on all your surroundings to make sure your doing everything right, make sure nobody is doing anything they are suppose to do. I learned to ask questions even if its a lot it's better to ask and do things right then to mess up because then the patient is unhappy. I learned that everything is all about team work and that if someone needs help to reach out to them.

Management is very good I have 5 managers and 2-3 coordinators that are all respectful, know what they are doing and always do a good job and do their best to help us.

Co-workers are very helpful and we are all a teamwork. When one associate is done in their department we hop on to another one to help out our co workers.

The hardest job is trying to engage customers with a TJX card. Although we ask them and let them know some people aren't interested in opening up a credit card.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being with your coworkers and helping each other out. it's retail so it's always nice helping those out and it's like if your with them shopping and not working. It's a fun environment and really good for a first time job and part time. – less
Friendly and helpful management team.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDAugust 14, 2014
Pros: management team and coworkers, ability to use personal ideas and problem solve
Cons: schedule posting, disshevled environment
Multitasking environment and very active. Low staff per work load ratio. Individual needs to be self directed most of the time. Very little structure is provided by management.
Fun Enviroment
Front End Associate (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 13, 2014
The environment is great the management is great to work for and tis is a great place to work at.

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates¬†about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Photos