Marshalls Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,886 reviews matching the search
Up beat work environment
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 15, 2016
Work was upbeat I worked with a team of others in a busy work place so there was never a dull moment. Management was rude but its something that you can handle. I had awesome coworkers.
Friendly Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elmont, NY 11003July 14, 2016
Must make sure that everything is neat and organized. I built great relationships and friendships with not only my co-workers, but the customers as well.
Entertaining but competitive
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2016
The environment was very great. We all would get along and make sure that we get the work that was set out for us to do. I learned that the essence of teamwork and greatness.
Great retail place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Okemos, MIJuly 13, 2016
Overall, Marshalls is a great place to work retail. The corporate culture is usually fun and diverse. It is a great company for someone who is interested to pursuing retail as a career, because promotions and advancement happen frequently for those who are willing to work for it.
Pros
Corporate culture, work load, breaks, benefits
Cons
Holiday season, and slow hours during the low season
Fast paced very busy place to work
Front End Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work is making sure the staff is providing excellent customer service, speed weaving the cashier lines, and recovering the front end areas of the store.

The most enjoyable part of the day is training new hires to get them acquainted to the Marshalls' culture and meeting guests from all over the world. It's a interacting with and learning new things from people of all different cultures and backgrounds.

The hardest part of the job are the long hours standing on your feet, the many daily call outs which meant a greater workload and not leaving at your scheduled shift especially if you are closing.
Pros
Meeting people from all over the world
Cons
short breaks, short staffed, very little assistance from management
productive and challenging work enovironment
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  los angeles, CAJuly 12, 2016
many responisbilites on loss prevention detectives, hours were most mid day and weekends, some bosses are flexile.. at times expect a quota for the month
productive and enjoyable
Customer Experience Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJuly 12, 2016
Great experience. This is a company with many opportunities. My co workers were wonderful team players. The hardest part of the job was saying "NO" to customers.
productive, very good sales.
Managed Professional Greeter/ Gift (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 11, 2016
I arrive early to work to see how my department looks like, and how other departments are like. I check to see what I could do to help before I have to clock into work. After I clock into work, I go to my manager, and report what I saw, and ask if I could work in those areas after I work in my home department (Women's department). Then I write down what manager on duty tells me what I need to, and what other areas I suggested I could help with. Ask the manager on duty in what order would be okay to work on tasks, which task is top priority, then go down the list in what other tasks need be done. I number the tasks from #1 to #5 tasks according to tasks mangers tell me is most important.

I have learned, and still learning of new ways to sell clothing to customers. Help them with picking out clothing they prefer, and like. I can not tell them what to pick, but mirror what they have told me of the pros, and cons of clothes/items they have selected before deciding to purchase the items.

Management team at Marshall's is good. I think they stay on top of employees to know we are doing our job correctly. I think that hardest part is when us employees are scheduled. We get more hours when their is a visit, or special projects. I think if we get more hours regardless if there is special projects/ or visits store would be cleaner, and organized.
Pros
recognition of hard work
Cons
hours of work
Loved it.
Customer Service Supervisor/ Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2016
i truly enjoyed my time with this company. they help improved several of my customer service & leadership skills. the mangers there were very informative & caring of each employee.
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 11, 2016
I wish that I didn't have to move because I would still have my job there. The crew members I worked with were very nice and fun to be around, they also helped if you needed a hand.
Pros
decent lunch breaks
Cons
pay every week
Lousy place to work that even makes gap look slightly better place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockaway turnpike nyJuly 11, 2016
Terrible place to work. There are not enough people for coverage so the employees that shift will be overworked. Whatever you do never agree to working closings especially on weekends. The place is a mess after closing and there is not enough people scheduled that day to clean up, you will be bending a lot picking up clothes from the floor. This place is the sweatshop of retail. It made me hate working in a speciality store. The manager will take advantage of you if you have less limited availability, it is better to have very limited availability if retail is not your thing. Your days off will feel like heaven and when you quit it will be one of the best days of your life. Managers will ask if you can work on days off and make slick comment like "it is not like you have something important doing". Talk about thinking low of your employee. I guess working there is a true sign of employment desperation.
Pros
Pay is weekly that is about it
Cons
Breaktime, hours, overworked, managers dont believe in work life balance, ask if you can work on days off, a very much used people environment
cold work place and hard to communicate with management
Cashier and fitting room attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 10, 2016
the management never really understood my learning style and did not really work with me to solve problems. They had no faith in me what so ever and never really tried to teach me new things.
Fun place to work
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27410July 10, 2016
Fun place to work, and has some pretty good people/managers.

A typical day is stocking the department with new merchandise before recovering closer to the end of the shift so that the next morning the department will look clean and presentable.
Pros
Sometimes free food, parties, great people, cool management
Cons
no benefits
fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 9, 2016
very busy
the meetings were actually fun
managers were nice and very considerate
learned lots of customer service skills
nice clean and friendly environment
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
it wa ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 7, 2016
ok place to work, pretty laid back environment. if you have the desire to work with customers on a daily basis its a great place to work
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 7, 2016
Learn how to agree with customers even when there wrong

Mangers are on ever task and make sure there employees on doing there job

Clean store

I enjoy talking and smiling at the customers
Productive team with good communication.
Cashier/ Customer service Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23235July 7, 2016
It was a good environment and I enjoyed working there . It was full of great people building a great team.
Productive and great for learning.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 7, 2016
I thought that it was a good workplace and the managers were great to work with. They were very understanding and wanted to make everyone happy around them.
Decent workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 6, 2016
A typical work day is constantly on my feet. I've gotten very knowledgeable about my job title and the things that it requires. I enjoy the majority of my co-workers, they are friendly and have a good attitude among them. The hardest part of the job is unfortunately having a unfriendly, pushy co-worker that pushes their position and makes my focus off track.. The most enjoyable part is simply having a good day assisting customers and enjoying my co workers.
Cons
Feelings of discrimination with a co worker and difficult to get full time hour day per week
Marshalls
store associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
While working at marshalls, it was in all honesty not the best experience. The managers really cared about themselves and not employees
Pros
good pay for teens in high school
Cons
not very good management