Marshalls

Marshalls Employer Reviews

Dealing with so many different people on a daily basis.
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work scehdule
Cons: only management is full time
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and meeting so many different people. The great sense of accomplishment when the area I'm responsible for looks great, and all items are displayed correctly, all the shelves are organized.
My typical work day could start at 430am or 5pm. I could be responsible for muliple areas in the store. I could be unloading – more... a truck of new merchandise or marking down items that have been on the shelves to long.
The hardest part of my job getting up at 430 in the morning, and working exetremly hard to only get 20 hours a week, and no chance to get anymore due to company policy. – less
Customer Services
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 5, 2014
Started working as cashier was move up to customer services. Then became customer services supervisor. I help out on sales floor when they where short hand.
Sales accosiate s
Customer Service sales associate Fitting Room (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2014
I greet customers, make sure they don't have no more then 10 items I love working
Very enjoyable working atmosphere
Sales associate (Former Employee), TomballApril 1, 2014
Pros: discount on purchases, activities for employees on occasion
Cons: the only problem was low salary
Marshalls was a great place to work and only left because I relocated to Florida for a year. Loved the work atmosphere at Marshalls, enjoyed learning all new skills in the retail business. Marshalls management made the training process very pleasant and they were extremely supportive in all aspects of the job. I would gladly work for them again at any – more... time. I worked in all aspects of retail, helped open the store initially, worked the fitting rooms as needed, also register and on floor. My main duty was working in the warehouse unloading the truck and distributing the merchandise on the floor. I think the hardest part of job was initially getting used to being on my feet all day, but after a few weeks all was well. – less
Fast Paced Customer Service Company
Customer Experience Coordinator & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: close to home and face paced environment
Cons: hard to receive a promotion and the pay was not great
A typical workday is busy with customers and supervising and overseeing the front end of the store. Management trusted me and allowed me to supervise and delegate with all the associates in the store. My co-workers was nice to work with and always willing to assist when needed.
Learned a lot about sales floor and changing things on floor
sales associate (Former Employee), white lake michiganMarch 31, 2014
Co workers were awesome, as much as i learned on the floor.....i could always teach things to others also.
Productive and growing environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAMarch 31, 2014
Although it's not related to my major, I very much enjoyed working as a Sales Associate at Marshalls. During my almost-three years there, I learned the value of excellent customer service, and how that goes a long way. Moreover, I learned that providing a good service for my customers and putting myself in their shoes made me feel good. It made me realize – more... I enjoy serving others.
The environment at Marshalls was always friendly yet professional. I could easily communicate with all members of management when I had concerns and/or questions. They always made themselves approachable, and more importantly, they resolved any given issue. The company's main interest was customer service, so as a Sales Floor Associate, and as a Cashier, I had to make sure to genuinely greet every customer, ask them if they needed any help, and connect with them based on their needs.
Another thing I greatly enjoyed was how my former coworkers would team up working together in order to help each other clean and recover the whole store. (This generally happened every night at closing time. -I worked all shifts during my employment there-). Therefore, I enjoy and I'm used to working with diverse people as a team to complete tasks. – less
Was Very Productive & Employers Were Kind And Nice
Sales Floor Maintenance (Former Employee), Manchester, CTMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks
They taught me alot working here , this was my First job in which i worked in retail . if they were to hire me back i would definitely take the job !
productive and fun work place
Retail (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 27, 2014
this job require we to focus on clothing, by stocking and at times work the registered. I learn a great deal of experience in customer service and handling a registered with the help of my managers and co workers as it was my first job. It require me to focus and pay attention to all of the clothing at all times as it can get very unpleasant having – more... clothing on the floor but it was always enjoyable helping a customer – less
great place to work at.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 25, 2014
Learned how to be a great team player.
Learned how to be organize.
learned how to sort-out merchandise.
LOVED THE COMMIOSSON SALES
Customer Service Rep/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 25, 2014
I enjoyed working being in competion with other co-workers and competing for sales.
productive workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INMarch 24, 2014
Pros: wonderful employer
Helping children learn through art instruction was the highlight of my life and work experience.
Typical retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brewster, NYMarch 24, 2014
Able to learn a variety of job functions, hard to move beyond the standard progression of wage.
A typical job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEMarch 24, 2014
Pros: partime employement
Cons: no benefits, cut hours at anytime
Nice Co-Workers and an okay place to work if you looking for extra income or just a part time job.
Fun and Productive
Cashier/ Sale Floor Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: no uniform and you get to express yourself
Cons: not benefits does not pay good
I love this job talk with customer and get to know people and keeping a clean work environment.
Was not a good experience at all
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 24, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: assignments
I did not like working at Marshall at all. The people were ok, but what really got to me was the assignments given. Sometimes my whole shift i'd just be sitting in the dressing room, and it wasn't worth the money at all in my opinion.
Great environment and productive work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago IlMarch 23, 2014
Pros: this was my first job and a great expirence.
Cons: they did not work with mu school schedule
As a cashier my duties was to complete the customer's transaction and provide them with the best service possible. I leaned how to work well with other and have great customer service. The managers made us feel appreciated and welcomed. Working there almost three years they coworkers and I gained a bond and we became a family. The hardest part of the – more... job was the holidays cause they were the busiest. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers leave with they were looking with a smile on their face. – less
interesting place, Mostly slow, Boring Environment
Cashier / Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee), SpotsylvaniaMarch 22, 2014
Pros: 20% employee discount
Cons: short breaks, strict scheduling
Typical day at work usually consisted of constant cashier work, always behind the counter unless a hanger rack needed to go back, or articles of clothing needed to be hung up.
Barely touched on my sales skills as DECA initiate through sales/marketing..
They had a really strict scheduling policy, if for any reason you couldnt come in no mater the situation – more... you got written up, & even small vacations needed to be within a month ahead of time. – less
EFFECTIVE WORK AND I LIKED THERE
BACKDOOR/FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), NJMarch 20, 2014
THE THINGS WITH OTHER MARSHALLS. . . FVH ..................................................................................................................................................
It was a very comfortable job just didnt pay enough
Shoe Salesman, Cashier and also Lot Loader (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: it was close.
Cons: didnt pay enough.
It was always a good day at the job because my co workers where nice people. My area was always the junkiest though because it was the shoe department and everyone loves shoes.The hardest part of my job was cleaning up after a little kid has messed up the shoes. The most fun was my co workers.

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates¬†about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more