Marshalls
1,370 reviews

Marshalls Employer Reviews

posotive work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 22, 2015
I would start my shift then tend to the floor helping customers and also restocking products and putting products in their designated areas. When a lot of customers would come into the store i would also help on the cash register or customer service handling returns and other customer problems.
productive
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMarch 21, 2015
Pros: certificate, discounts
Cons: short breaks
here at this job was an eye opener it tauhgt me how to be a team player, customer service skills and how to multitask. my manager was a nice person but at the same time at times she wasn't understanding. The coworkers here were excellent team players we all helped each other. the hardest part about this job nothing.
The enjoyable thing about this job it taught me different skills each day
Very productive enviroment
Backroom Stock Worker (Former Employee), Avondale, AZMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: short hours
Typical day consisted of meeting people interacting with costumers and helping clean up the store daily. The management was incredibly great and worked with me. I enjoyed my co workers very much. The hardest part of the job was learning where the different departments are.
Work hard for little pay
Cashier (Current Employee), Laguna Hills, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: sometimes a free lunch
I don't feel appreciated at Marshalls. Its horrible pay for hard work. The people you work with are alright. But worst of all is that you are required and pressured to scam customers into applying for the company's credit card.
a decent place to gather retail experience
Backroom Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great place to showcase varied talents in retail and/ or managerial potential
Cons: Not a place to expect to make alot of money
employees are allowed to utilize their talents to maximize their usefulness., therefore allowing them to become assets
Fun Place To Work but Nothing Long Term
Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: pay
The Job Environment is much like any other place of work some days are good, some bad. Overall Customers are great and I would recommend for High School/College students due to the pay being min wage.
Overall quality store
Store Associate (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJMarch 18, 2015
Pros: many hour opertunities, clean work place
Cons: sheduling bugs
There is possessing early in the morning. There is a friendly and clean environment. Coworkers treat management and each other with respect. Recently there has been a good amount of new management and because of that there has been some issues with scheduling, Something that can be fixed with some time.
Productive employee
Customer Service (Sales Associate) (Current Employee), Bedford, MAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: 45 min breaks, discount, flexible hours
Cons: tjx rewards card, hours
I enjoy working with others and creating good team work. A typical day is answering phones, assisting customers with their transactions and helping them with fashion advice/tips. Also good at Loss Prevention
Speed/efficiency oriented place with friendly people
Store Associate (Former Employee), Bayamon, Puerto RicoMarch 16, 2015
Pros: friendly people, great hours
I would often come in everyday to a different task at hand, sometimes it would involve cleaning windows and taking the trash out, sometimes it would be storing merchandise in shelves.

I quickly learned how to be fast and efficient in my work and to always be alert for any possible situation. Our manager was strict, but professional, so I was always more than happy to comply to his demands, and it pushed me into putting my best efforts forward.

My co-workers were lovely people who always got the job done. I was lucky enough to have them show me the ropes with no attitude.

I'd say the hardest part of the job was just memorizing everything that was being taught to me at the beginning, since they went by really fast. But as soon as I got used to everything it was a breeze. I truly enjoyed the professional atmosphere that was around, not only my boss, but also my co-workers.
easy tasks to learn and do.
associate (Former Employee), Carmel, INMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches for holidays at the company.
Cons: low salary.
*I never had the experience to work in a retail field in a formal way before.

*I learned about being a cashier for 1 month.

*I learned to be solidary with my coworkers about switching schedules with them.

* The hardest part of the job was going to the bank with the manager on duty with a bag full of money, because obviously I felt nervous.

*The most enjoyable part of the job was working at the fitting rooms which it is something that I enjoy a lot.
excellent work place great managment and employees
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), la verneMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free food or snacks provided by the staff
Cons: too many returns
a typical day at my job is greeting people. Having great customer service. I learned how to better myself acquiring customers to apply for a txj credit card. the management there is great, easy to talk to and get along with, help you out in whatever you need. my co-workers are all fun to work with they also help you get better in whatever you lack. the hardest part of the job is getting the customers to apply or a tjx and the most enjoyable part of the job is when you can dress up for whatever the occasion is because you get to have fu on the clock.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), SierraMarch 15, 2015
I have been with the company for quite a few years now. I love the management and my coworkers. There is however, very little opportunity for advancement after a while.
Well organized retail store.
retail cashier (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 14, 2015
I was a retail cashier there. I learn a lot about customer service from there, and organizing in different departments. I was able to plan some projects and managing incoming shipment.
Working with people from different background and culture
Ops Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: improve customer service skills
Improve customer service skills
Training associates with company polices
Improve sells and stock store
improve cleanness
control shrink
fun place to work at
SALES (Former Employee), SOLANA BEACHMarch 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers satisfied. CO workers are fun people to work with. I recommend SOLANA BEACH location. The store is kept clean and organized. Lots of clothes more than other stores. We make sure all the new clothes come out and nothing is left in the back room.
Productive Fun Workplace
Front End/ Returns Associate; Sales Associate (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTMarch 12, 2015
Pros: longer than average meal period
Cons: n/a
The team is very family like, everyone gets along and helps each other to learn and grow. other than occasional disgruntled customers, great place to work
fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAMarch 11, 2015
handling customers transactions as far as exchanges and purchases. Providing customer service skills, making sure all cash registers are counted for the beginning and end of the employees shift
Better than most but not the greatest.
(Operations Manager) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: they foster their "high potential" managers. growing company. improving company culture.
Cons: pay not as great for the work you are expected to do. training policies almost nonexistent.
It is a great company to work for however there are several incompetent members of management or managers who have been with the company so long they are either obsolete and no longer effective in their role or they just don't care and only do just enough to not get fired.
stock room
Sales Associate (Former Employee), brooklynMarch 10, 2015
cashier
Assisted in maintaining proper inventory levels
- Performed housecleaning duties necessary to maintain store cleanliness
and basic upkeep and/or cleaning of all equipment in the store
productive and busy
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILMarch 10, 2015
Pros: movement
Marshall is a excellent store because in a department store you can always keep busy there always something to do. You get the opportunity to move around and you be assigned certain department so you get to engage with people

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Photos