Marshalls
1,466 reviews

Marshalls Employee Reviews

Great company with great opportunities.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), MAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Internal growth, worldwide
Working at Marshalls is a great opportunity to work for a company that is worldwide and loves to grow their associates. Being in the stores has its challenges though. I enjoy being an operations manager and having a human resource role within the store. TJX is worldwide, and if you want to travel and see the world perhaps this is a good company to work for. Some people enjoy working in the stores, but it is not for everyone. Yet that is why this is a great company, there are so many positions in all different areas.
Productive and steady
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), CHARLOTTE, NCMay 14, 2015
As I start once arriving at work the lines are already wrapped around to the other end. Customers are very friendly and polite.
Great company with job security.
LEAD Detective (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Freedom to complete work
Cons: The danger of dealing with criminals. Could use my money
A typical day in Loss Prevention at Marshall's includes EAS tag audits, monitoring the sales floor using CCTV for shoplifting, and conducting internal theft investigations daily. Management is very helpful in assistance and issues due to the Open Door policy. Co-workers are easy to work with and are helpful. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult shoplifters that do not cooperate with apprehension. The most enjoyable part of my job is the freedom to complete my work. We are not micro-managed.
Productive and friendly work culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ledgewood, NJMay 13, 2015
Helpful management and co-workers, flexible work schedule. The hardest part of the job is to go outside in a sub-zero temperature to bring the shopping carts inside, and the fun part is to help the customers.
sales associate
Fitting room attendant, sales floor and cashier (Former Employee), North Attleboro, MAMay 13, 2015
Pros: vending mashines
Cons: short breaks, rude co workers
I worked for marshalls for 4 years, i was the fitting room attendant as well as the cashier and sales floor worker. I enjoyed working in the fitting room, even though it made the night drag.
productive
Store Detective Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: nothing
alot of communication with management team. room for growth. great experience for retail store. on the floor and camera surveillance
The people are awesome, but the company is cheap.
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee), White Lake, MIMay 12, 2015
Pros: The people are awesome, Associate appreciation, Long breaks
Cons: Low pay, Low hours, Understaffed
I really enjoy the people I work with and the management, but the company is very cheap. The company decided to raise the pay rate of employees, and since then we have not been receiving enough payroll to bring in the help we need. Our part time associates are working an average of twelve to fifteen hours per week, and we are almost constantly short handed, so everyone is working twice as hard on the days they're scheduled for smaller paychecks at the end of the week. I did however meet some wonderful people at Marshalls, and we're all close-knit like a family. They're also really good about employee appreciation. We get Jimmy Johns, cake days, doughnuts, Dickey's Barbeque, and lots of other food provided by our management.
Marshalls co-workers are like a family to me. The work environment is good and very satifying job indeed.
sales associate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2015
Pros: nice working environment, benefits, good lunches and breaks.
Cons: some customers, pay
Customer service and satisfaction from customer is the highest goal. I learned patience around customers who sometimes are rude. The management is amazing, helped me create a work and school satifying schedule while still making it their goal tto improve customer service and relations between co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the amount of work we ave to do and the amounts of people we deal with does not correspond with pay, making the employees rather discouraged. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people from different backgrounds all searching something to compensate for what they have worked so hard for.
fast pace job
Receiving and processing (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: coworkers not doing there job
I worked in receiving and processing in the back of the store opening boxes and laying out clothes to sensoring expensive purses and clothes this job I loved so much and did good at it I wish I could go back I quite and that was a stupid thing to do cause everyone was nice to me.
it was a great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
it was a great place to work at, learned alot from the management. the most enjoyable part was working with a great team. managment was on top of everything.
Too much drama, no push for improvement
Associate (Current Employee), Marysville, WAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Very flexible schedule
Cons: Too much gossip drama, lack of training advancement
When you first start they give the big hype of all the chances you have to improve and advance, yet after a week it is like they forget who you are. You might get lucky that another associate trains you and teaches you because the managers forget to. Then you have the associates who think they know it all when the managers are gone, they get bossy, rude, mouthy and boldly bad mouth the managers and other associates. Managers get your hopes up for raises then they keep delaying it.
overall learning experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 11, 2015
I managed the front end of the store. I supervised the cashiers and scheduled breaks. I was the customer service manager which meant i handled customer complaints. And reticketed items. Pushed instore credit cards. Trained cashiers.
Shipping Department Worker (Former Employee), Bridgewater, VAMay 11, 2015
great place to work. I like the very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much.
Was a Great place to work at.
❸ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brownsville, TexasMay 11, 2015
The managers were all very loving and nice. They treated there staff with respect. I loved this job but it was only seasonal.
Great
Customer Service (Former Employee), wpbMay 9, 2015
Enjoyed working there and interacting with customers on a daily. I interacted on a daily. everything was great. great atmosphere and team-worker.
productive and well managed
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Marshfield, MAMay 8, 2015
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: don't have many people working at once
this job is all about customer service. everyday, if you a cashier you have to try to get people to sign up for our rewards card so they can get special offers. if an associate is not on registers, they are either pushing new merchandise, recovering the floor, taking sales calls or processing.
Fashion Industry
usher (Current Employee), Richfield, MNMay 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Working as a cashier get to to attend customers and make sure their shopping experience went well and assist them with other need. My typical day is an eight hour shift, greeting and assisting customers, having a clean station and being organized and efficient. I have learned how to be responsible and great customer service skills. My Managers are understanding and efficient. Hardest part of my job is when I am helping a customer and I have an incoming call that I need to answer. My coworkers make my job a fun and enjoyable experience. I love the environment of my job. It is trendy, friendly, and fun.
Ive never disliked a job so much.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 6, 2015
Horrible hours. 4 hour shifts 5 days a week (if i was lucky enough to even get that many hours). Management had their favorites.....some employees could get away with gossiping and taking several breaks but were outraged when others stepped away to use the bathroom. I would get called in to cover a shift 1 hour before they needed me on several occasions. Direct supervisor would always rush us with customers when we were trying to give customer service. I even had customers defend me because of this. I woke up with no desire to go to work every day. Very bad personal experience.
productive and busy
Cashier/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bloomfield,NJMay 6, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: manager
A typical day at work would be bust everyone always had something to do.
I learned a lot dealing with customers, customer service, cashier, layaway, I learned how to do inventory, organize the shipments, and putting new stock on the floor.
Management team was overall good. Four managers in total. Three out of the four were pretty much fair and understanding. General manager has a way of intimidating everyone,makes everyone stress, and is not so understanding she has her days. The hardest part of the job was having the general manager on your back especially when everything was going well, she tried to find something wrong. Overall I enjoyed working at Marshalls it was the employees who made it a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was even though all of us employees had our own assignment to do, different areas and task at the end of the day we all came together to work as a team to get things done so we can get out on time.
First Job I Really Adored
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMay 6, 2015
Pros: EVERYTHING!!!!
This is my all-time favorite job. Working retail was the best job I've had. I worked in handbags so the department was always pretty and changing. We did it all, customer service to stock and everything in between.

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Salaries

$8.05 per hour
Sales Associate/Customer Service
$8.25 per hour

Marshalls Photos

The Holidays at Marshalls  2014 (me)