Marshalls Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for.
Merchandising coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Management, Company opportunities
Everyday for me at Marshall's was great. From the day I started with the company, management was very approachable and helpful. The opportunities I was given in this company have helped me become a better and more knowledgeable professional.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee), Nanuet, NYAugust 7, 2015
it was an okay expeirence i learned some things took a lot out of the time spent there, as person i grew as well as figured out my strengths and weaknesses
Works with friendly associates
Associate Merchandise (Current Employee), Marshfield, MAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Quarterly, you will get 20% associate discount. And 10% everyday discount.
Cons: Very low wages
I may be assigned to different department each time I come to work. I learn to keep up with the pace, otherwise it will be hard to catch up, especially if you work at closing time.
The hardest part is because you get paid so low.
With the task at work, the hardest part will be keeping up to return merchandise to the floor from the fitting room when it's busy time.
The most enjoyable part of the job, you get to see merchandise that are in fashion at the moment.
The fun of working...
Sales associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Pros of working was the discounts, the food court inside, Seeing all the merchandise before it hits the floor, and meeting new people everyday
Cons: Some cons of working is the short breaks, not enough time to stuff your face.
A typical day working at Mashalls was full of surprises. You might think its going to be easy and you are just going to be working one job. When the clock starts and the customers start coming in you are in for a wide awaking. Better have a cup of coffee. One thing I learned at Marshalls was time management. Do not spen all day on one task, go and complete the easy ones then come back to the hard one. That way you completed everything that you was responsible for. I had to really ask my co-workers for help the first week. Some co-workers are very helpful and some expect you to do it alone. Another thing I learned on the job was to not let my feelings benefit my job. So I learned how to ignore the problems and just get the job done on time and with a smile on my face. The hardest part about working is not enough hours. Closing time makes me sad because I really enjoy communication with customers and organizing merchandise. However' when I get home hitting the sheets feels so good to rest and imagine doing it all over again..tomorrow. The fun of working!
Marshalls review
Sales associate (Former Employee), riverviewAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: location
Great work environment, good management, friendly co workers. There's plenty room for growth with this company, it all depends on if you want to grow or not with the company.
eh
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: Management, No raises
Willing to give you hours if they were available.
Management was always too busy to help talk about issues with scheduling and/or leave.
Barely any raises.
Overall experience at Marshall's
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2015
Marshall's was overall a great work environment. I enjoyed working at this job because it was detail orientated work. I also always had something to do and had contact with the customers themselves. This job really helped me with my customer service skills. The hardest part of my job was not having a enough time to complete all the tasks that I wanted to complete during a work day. Always had a good relationship with the managers and my co-workers.
Always a lot of productivity and growth every
Sales Floor Coordinator (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at work is filled with replenishing the sales floor. All of my coworkers come together and help eachother out. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we get paid every week.
The many reason why I love Retail
Customer Service (Former Employee), Covington,LaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Being able to engage with the customers
Cons: not reaching the store goals for the year
I enjoyed working with the customer on a one on one level. I learned about all the different methods in retailing. Being able to get the sales number higher than the last year, and work in a fun and fast paste work environment is what I enjoyed most. All of my co-workers would say that I'm a hardworking person. I got along with all of my management team.
Very fun place to work and great work environment
Shoe Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 4, 2015
Pros: great people to work for Hours are very Flexible
Cons: not a full time job
I loved working around people talking to them Making them happy so that I can be acknowledged by the customer and eventually will lead to management
this is just a job not career
Receiver/Coordinator (Current Employee), decatur, gaAugust 3, 2015
Pros: plenty of days off
Cons: unprofessionals bosses
This is an horrible work place. Supervisors are so rude. But the company has good benefit such as healthcare, vacation, holiday.
fun, fast paced
Cashier/Sales associate (Former Employee), secaucus, New JerseyAugust 3, 2015
Marshalls is a fun and fast paced working environment. I learned how to stay calm in a hectic environment, how to use a cash register and how to work in a warehouse.
Marshalls as work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Homestead, FLAugust 3, 2015
Pros: slack
Cons: short breaks, managers
Overall, indecent work experience with this company.

Managers were unprofessional. No communication on mistakes/errors made at the front desk.
Flexible job for college and high school students.
Cashier (Current Employee), Kearny, NJAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Gift cards
Cons: short breaks, alot of pressure
A typical day at work consisted of going to my assigned register, making sure everything is organized and ready to be used (including counting the cash in my drawer). Greeting customers in a friendly and engaging manner, making sure I am asking and obtaining TJX credit cards and encouraging them to go on our website and rate their customer service experience. I've learned how to work under pressure. Also, I've strengthened my multitasking skills in dealing with customers and also keeping my work area clean. Techniques in order to convince customers to apply for the TJX credit card. Cash handling skills are a vital part of what I've leaned cashiering. My co-workers are always helpful and willing to teach me more. The hardest part of the job was definitely to try and get as many TJX credit cards applications as possible and to keep the work area clean. Since my store is very busy, we get many returns and many purchases, Therefore its very difficult to take a break to clean the work area when the line is very long. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely winning money for the store because of the good job we've done, winning prices as an individual, good customer feedback and working with my co-workers is always fun.
A Job to learn from.
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 31, 2015
Marshalls provides room for advancement if wanted. My company has different training programs in place to ensure Associate success. Marshalls likes to promote within, with added growth room.
Marshalls
sales associate (Former Employee), Sacramento CAJuly 31, 2015
my typical day at work was doing what I was supposed to do I learned to always have good teamwork the manage team were all nice and helped alot
I am person productible, work, hard.and clean
coordinator (Former Employee), solana beachJuly 31, 2015
Pros: work in time whit everybory
Cons: the important for work is to be at time
all times resolve the problems
puctually for to star my joob
always done my job
good comunication whit the workers
satisfactory costumer service
all time work happy amable
but my costumers and my work is first
Fantastic Learning Experience With Customer Service
Cashier, TJRewards Credit Card Seller Top Seller (Former Employee), Sunset Hills, MOJuly 31, 2015
Pros: The people I worked with were like my family!
Cons: Short hours, hired too many people cut hours too often
Coming into work unloading stock, and making the store look pretty. Greeting customers and making sure the store was kept clean.
Organization and also training younger workers.
Selling and discussing the benefits of TJRewards Cards to customer, and top seller in Sunset Hills location for just about a year straight! More hires, and less hours in the end though.

Employed 3 years.

Sales with TJRewards Credits Cards, Cashier, Customer Service, Top Seller TJRewards 1 year straight
Marshalls is a very productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good Health Insurance
Cons: Bad communications
Overall Marshalls is a great company to work for. It's just some of the managers that they need to get rid of because some of them don't communicate well with their employee's.
Fun place to work.
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee), BelAir, MDJuly 29, 2015
It was my first job where I had a lot more responsibility, so naturally I was enthusiastic about working there and I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people. I learned a lot of things like customer service, how to handle shift managing, and opening and closing a business.