Marshalls Employee Reviews

Found 1,772 reviews matching the search
Productive and enlightening workplace
Back Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 10, 2016
A typical day of work started by getting the backroom ready to receive shipments. We all stood in an assembly line, and did the necessary tasks to get every single item separated by category. Everybody did their part and even went the extra mile. Management was great and very helpful, and i felt like they cared about their employees. The hardest part of the job was making sure the clothes were tagged correctly and neatly. The mmost enjoyable part of the job was seeing how a retail store is operated, and how much work employees put into making sure the sales floor is immaculate.
Shoe Sales Person
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 9, 2016
I enjoyed this job because it was relaxing, it was a easy going job. I got to do my favorite thing and that is to clean and to make things look presentable. I really enjoyed being there and displaying the shoes and also helping customers with there decisions on weather to make a color choice about a shoe that they were looking for.
Pros
The people and the job title was very rewarding.
Cons
There was not anything that I did not enjoy about this job.
Minimum experience gained
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 8, 2016
I learned some new things due to self learning and was poorly trained . Management promises at least 12 hours a week and my hours have been shy of that.
Had a great work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Typical day on my job would be going into cash office and counting daily bank deposits, The management always had my back when it came to my job, My co-workers were always friendly. Hardly ever any drama, The hardest part of my job would be i would sometimes run into problems with the computer system and i would have to call IT so they could help me fix the problem.
Awesome Company
Back of House Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shirley, NYJanuary 8, 2016
From Management down to the Hourly Associates, everyone is Great. Great work environment. Management actually Cares about its Employees. Great flexibility in scheduling.
Pros
Great work environment, Awesome Management
Cons
Constantly picking up after customers.
Recognized for excellent customer service – Achieved and exceeded sales quota – Coordinated visual displays
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2016
I enjoyed going to work every day
Improving my customer service skills
Got along with management
My co-workers love my personality
The job was not difficult
Customer Satisfaction
Pros
Marhhalls, overall, have the best name brand products at a very low price compare to many other stores.
Avereage retail job, high paced, large store.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2016
I love this job because of the good people I work alongside. Definitely get the family vibe at Marshalls. Amongst my management and coworkers, Overall everyone gets along decently, if not better.

It's taught me how to better present myself and talk to people with confidence. Hours are flexible within reason. Overall pretty average, but do not apply if you can't handle a hectic amount of foot traffic.
Pros
decent breaks
Cons
Redundancy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJanuary 7, 2016
I've learned working at Marshall's costumers are the main concern, they come first. We must make sure to smile and that costumers overall visit with us was Outstanding. My co-workers and management were great.They deserve good feedback, they are a great company and i felt as if we were all a family.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Security
Poor management
Sales Associate/Fitting room (Former Employee) –  Petoskey, MIJanuary 6, 2016
I as if management could have been a whole lot better than it was. I had asked for a different position when I discovered the position they had give me was not the right position for me. I had asked management to give me another position and they told me after they had gotten new hire ins they would move me out to the sales floor. I had seen about 3 groups of hire ins come in and i was still stuck in the fitting room.
Fast paced environment, always ready to serve the next client that walks in to the business.
Cashier and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Friendly environment. Very professional and well organized. The whole staff is there to serve every ones needs to the best in their behalf.
Marshalls
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day would be unpackaging merchandise and sorting it into totes. Then going out on the sales floor to stock it in its respected place. I learned a lot about retail work and customer service! My manager and supervisors were always nice and happy to teach me the proper way of doings things. My co-workers there were all smart and helpful. The only hard part would be to finish stocking all of the merchandise before we opened the store. I enjoyed walking through the aisles and stocking all different products and helping customers.
Pros
Long luch, co-workers, retail
Easy laid back job
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 5, 2016
I love working at Marshalls, it is a pretty easy going job, every piece of clothing gets put on a hanger, everything is coded by departments, the customers are friendly,
Pros
closes early
Cons
have to work Black Friday
Amazing Work Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA and Lynnwood, WAJanuary 4, 2016
The past three years at Marshalls has been a great experience for me. I have learned a lot of skills, such as customer service. I have also been able to improve my skill in organization. The hardest part about the job is the stress of making sure every customer feels important.
Pros
importance of a good work experience
Cons
retail health benefits
Not a very good job
Store Ready Department (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2016
Working at Marshalls was a difficult job for me. I was use to anything and it took me awhile to get use to the system and how they run things in the company. The employees are rude and don't have a very nice attitude.
Work was very repetitive, Good work enviorment.
Sales assistance (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Overall my experience working at Marshalls was a good one, it was very repetitive but the work environment was good and the people there are nice.
fun and interesting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 31, 2015
loved the environment and it was a very good workplace, everyone got along with everyone. the structure was very put together. The management team was serious about the business.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 30, 2015
I learned alot at the hartford marshalls, management was very attentive teaching the computer exams for the associates to learn the job and enjoyed working with my co workers.
Pros
breaks
exciting workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 30, 2015
I love the fact that I was able to bring my own style to the table at marshalls. The pay was decent for a check every week. The managers we sweet and very helpful.
Very busy workplace with the same routine every shift, every day
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 29, 2015
A typical day consisted of greeting hundreds of customers and conversing with dozens. The management at Marshall's was wonderful, but not all of the sales associates reciprocated their professionalism. It can get very stressful on the weekends, especially for the closing crew.
Great but very uncomfortable
Processor (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 29, 2015
A typical day at work for myself consisted coming in, opening boxes with cutters, going on break, coming back, opening more boxes, assorting the items inside of said boxes for customer presentation, getting my bagged check ( company policy) and going home. I learned a lot about how to tell what items go into certain departments. Even if they look like they go in a department they may not actually go there. That was actually extremely helpful in my personal opinion. I would have to say that management was extremely picky choosy in whom they talked with. They definitely played favorites with their associates and I thought it was very unprofessional of them. My coworkers had their cliques like most businesses do. Some were very collected and sophisticated to where as others solely based their work talk on drama regarding other associates. The most enjoyable part of my job was speaking to the customers. Any job I have had, the customers have always been my favorite job.
Pros
there was a vending machine in the break room
Cons
short breaks and you had to walk on eggshells around your coworkers.