Marshalls Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,881 reviews matching the search
Very Busy store. Time would go fast.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 2, 2016
This was a new store, I enjoyed the set up. All the co-workers were fun to work with. I enjoyed the public also. Management was wonderful and worked with us in what ever we needed.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Low pay
Fun and Great places to work
Processing Associate (Current Employee) –  Millbury, MAJuly 1, 2016
We all take, putout, the merchandise from stockroom, it is exciting way to start the day to say Hi .
Pros
Discounts, lunches, awards, fun, prizes.
Cons
15 minute breaks and 45 minutes for lunch
Clean and Organized Retail Store
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Seattle, WAJune 30, 2016
As a Customer Service Rep/Cashier, My duties included, but were not limited to:
Answering calls and directing them to the different departments with in the store, and generally answering any questions the customer had.
However, I also enjoyed working one-on-one with customers, helping them in any way possible and being attentive to their needs. As well as assisting unsatisfied customers- and making arrengments to insure their satisfaction while helping them have a great in-store experience.
As a team always trying our best to keep the cleanliness rates up, as well as assisting customers throughout the store with any questions- anywhere from locations of merchandise, to holding items from other stores for them, as well as simply stating an opinion on a product if asked.
Pros
great team, staff lunches! great managment :)
Not very professional or organized
Clerk (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJune 30, 2016
While working at marshalls i was not receiving many hrs. Some of the employees were not perfessionals. My job at marshalls was to fill racks with clothes and organize them by size. Also my job was to prvide outstanding customer service when necessary.
A typical day at work
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Fox Chapel, PAJune 30, 2016
A typical day at Marshall's for me consisted of fulfilling my job as a fitting room attendant, making sure customers coming in and out of the fitting room were comfortable and satisfied with the merchandise they have chose.
Pros
Free Food & Comfortable Environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun enviornment
Layaway/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2016
There is music always playing over the speakers. The team atmosphere is awesome, no drama. Management was great when I worked there. They understood problems and helped you with them if they could.
flexible workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2016
A day at work was tiring, too many customers that never appreciated what you've done for them, I learned that you can't be too nice to people. My co-workers were always in the middle of gossip and also unfair. The only thing I enjoyed about working here was how flexible the hours were and how we got paid every Friday (weekly)
Pros
they gave us free food most of the time
Cons
short breaks
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 28, 2016
A typical day i used to push out merchandise. make label and signs, assist customers, algo put codes and alarms in the shoes. Organize and clean the department.
Challenging and Friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 28, 2016
A typical day of work would consist of:
-Early attendance before shifts
-Short breaks when working less than 5 hours a day
-Management is determined yet understanding
-Co-workers are supportive and very accessible when needed for help
-The long hours are definitely a hard thing to go through, comfortable shoes are essential
-The most enjoyable part is seeing that your customer is satisfied
Pros
Long breaks when working for more than five hours, friendly associates
Cons
school and work balance, rescheduling issues
Demanding work with no pay or hours
Inventory Hanger (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 28, 2016
I loved for u to wrok. I use to work 8 hours a week somethimes the job but they had no hours. I had to let the job go. I had a wonderful time with the staff there was just not enough hours and the pay was very low with no promise of advancement
Pros
friendly ppl
Cons
no hours
It was a good experience for a first job.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2016
It was pretty ok for a seasonal job. Everything went pretty well but the job was just kind of far but I still managed to make it on time because I have a car.
Pros
Vending machine, pretty nice coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Decent workplace for some experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAJune 27, 2016
Your experience and job difficulty are greatly affected by your desire to do your best or give minimum effort. I tried my best to impress my fellow workers and had a very fun time accomplishing various organizational and customer-oriented tasks. For being my first 'work' experience, it was not a bad choice whatsoever.
Pros
Great coworkers, discounts on clothing
Cons
Low pay, demandingly repetitive work
Excellent Customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 26, 2016
At every job I previously worked at, a day at work was professional overall. I learned how to speak to customers and give them excellent service. Management was very on top of things and always had an answer to every question I may have had. There was not any hard obstacles in any job I had worked for, I am a quick learner and hard worker, but the best part of any job I've had was seeing customers satisfied.
I like working there
Processor (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJune 26, 2016
I worked at Marshalls part time. I organized the shoe department. I put prices on the shoes and stocked the shoes. That's all I did. I didn't do anything else.
Super boring and not so understanding manager.
Sales Associate-Greeter (Former Employee) –  Highland, IN 46322June 25, 2016
I was a greeter and it was so boring. I hated it. I was hoping to work with people more and help clean the store and stock items but they stuck me with greeting. I would never do it again.
Pros
Cons
Long and boring days, not enough hours.
Unorganized management and store floor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYJune 24, 2016
I was a cashier and then switched to the shoe department. I learned valuable customer service interaction as well as how to operate a cash register. We had three managers who weren't always informed on now to handle certain situations. Most of co-workers were friendly, but many didn't speak English which made communication difficult. The hardest part of the job was communicating with non-English speaking customers.
great company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 23, 2016
I really enjoyed this job . It was a great place to work with awesome benefit. I really learned about water wastewater and public relations working there. Working for City Government was challenging and fun, some of the projects like main street improvements to building new infrastructure industrial park
N/a
Rather than confronting thieves head (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 23, 2016
I have noting much to say about this job other than it was the worst job I've ever had. I've had plenty of times where the bosses didn't even help me when needed
n/a
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
Marshalls emplees jobs involve various customer service and merchandising duties. Workers arrange items on store racks and shelves, ensure accurate pricing, help shoppers locate merchandise, clean the store, and handle customer inquiries regarding Marshalls goods and services.
Pros
etc
Cons
short breaks
Excellent Management and Open-Door Policy
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 21, 2016
Marshall's has provided a well structured work-environment. Management works well communicating and cooperating with associates each shift. In addition to communication, rewarding associates for customer service and credit card applications generates more incentive to continuously go above and beyond expectations.
Pros
Excellent personal interaction experience
Cons
long- term standing