Marshalls Employee Reviews

Found 3,989 reviews matching the search
productive
Cashier/sales associate (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILJuly 7, 2017
All employees here are very helpful and welcoming . Everyone works together to help clean up the store and get the job done. All managers make sure you know what you're doing and give you tasks .
Great working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed the work experience i got from working there. The managers were friendly and hard working. Everyday we had motivational morning meetings before opening up the store to customers.
Nice location not far from home
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  DeKalb County, GAJuly 7, 2017
Great place to work. Meet alot of good people job was rewarding. Supervisor was not a nice person . He showed favoritism to the female works much harder on the male employees...
Fun place to start work in retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJuly 7, 2017
You'll never get bored of this job. The staff will always find something for you to do and they are more than willing to help you if you dont understand something or need assistance.
Pros
Discount, long lunches, great customer service
Cons
not a very friendly environment in terms of coworkers
Marshalls Jefferson Pointe Fort Wayne
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 7, 2017
This is a great company to work for. The stride for you to do your best and stand with their Core values. The customers that come in can be a little pretentious but its retail so you will get that any where. Team Morale in the company is amazing.
Friendly environment and simply math
Layup (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
A regular day at work was just to go in Monday through Thursday, with a steady time schedule from 3 PM to 1:30 AM. I learned what a union was and its actually a great organization that helps worker. There was probably no hard part in the job, maybe just when I had to pick heavy boxes when I need to verify a merchandise and was unable to see a tag. The most enjoyable part was that I got along with all my coworkers and supervisors.
workplace
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
very hectic and you will be on your feet 99 % of the time i suggest if you would like this job you have a strong head and good standing active skills lol
Fun
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2017
A typical day for me is when I come in, in the morning, I walk the floor starting from the front, check the night recovery and make notes for areas that might need to be addressed.
Print the day's schedule and assign associates as need be, hold rally meeting to keep all associates informed and recognized.
Walk the floor, train, coach an give feedback needed.
Productive and Professional
Associate (Current Employee) –  Barboursville, WVJuly 6, 2017
Working at the corporation is rewarding. They care about their employees and help them balance life with work. This is a great place to gain experience in retail.
Pros
scheduling is flexible
Cons
short breaks
Marshalls
Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 6, 2017
Good place to work. Apply and get in. Great benefits. Good people. Good culture. Nice clothes.........................................................
good place to work
Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 6, 2017
great place to work. You see first hand the new trends that are coming in (for cheap). fast paced environment. would have to enjoy retail to work there.
Pros
The merchandise
Cons
bad pay
Breaks need to be respected
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 5, 2017
I didnt have much of a problem, the only thing I wish they can do better on is making sure that everyone takes their break on time. So people who are doing doubles could be able to receive there full amount of break time.
Pros
employees
Cons
breaks
Good people and fun environment
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 5, 2017
Marshalls is a fun environment and good people to count on like managers and coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with customers. My manager is a kind person and understanding.
Pros
Free lunches and discounts
Cons
Too many coworkers
Good.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJuly 5, 2017
The manager was not very nice and he was a little bossy. He did not let us have a long lunch break. And he was disrespectful .I did not enjoy working there because they were being mean and I did not derserve that.
Pros
nice co-workers to work with
Cons
bad manger
Secure job
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJuly 5, 2017
This job was flexible and secure. Unfournatly there was very little pay for the amount of work that you do. There was also no reconiction for your work either.
Cons
no pay
Great job
Customer Service/ Security (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 5, 2017
Best job i ever worked for good vibes love the ppl supervisors its was like i was working for a family business even before i started working there and after always have been a good vibe and well respected
Pros
Work together
Cons
Your shift ends
they are very motivated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIJuly 4, 2017
A typical work day for a sales associate at Marshalls is very busy constantly moving and on your feet. Your day could very from putting out product, processing product that is received, and cashiering. Management is very motivated at achieving their goals. The hardest part about working at marshalls is that you are told you have to meet your quota for selling credit cards for the week or you are put in the back room and treated unfairly.
Pros
great deals
Cons
management, credit cards
productive place to work..Always up to date on issues
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, RI 02898July 4, 2017
It was a productive place to work and I was able to keep on the newest trends and facts regarding my line of work. I did get some students that were interested in what I do for a living and they ending following my path.
Pros
teaching
Cons
the school closred
Pretty decent job
Associate (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJuly 3, 2017
Great work environment, always something to do so it made the workday fly by. Great co-workers, management was okay and handle situations professionally.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
People destroyed the store in minutes
Teamwork to achieve our goals
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2017
A good working environment where you have the opportunity to delegate. You can interact with different people in the world and give great customer service, along with a good team.
Pros
Medical plan, vacation, sick days and other programs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshalls. Our community is ready to answer.