Marshalls
1,308 reviews

Marshalls Employer Reviews

Great customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sebring, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: enjoyable place to work
Cons: no cons
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations. A typical day is very busy. I have the ability to be many places in the store. Gets along great with management. I take direction well and on point. Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others. A team player, high energy level and flexible. The most enjoyable part of this job was the management and working with customers.
back room duties
stockroom assoicate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: leave for break
Cons: not alot of hrs
making sure all the clothes was taking out the boxes so they can be ready to be put on the floor for the next day. making sure everything was moving at a steady past so things can be done in order.
A Great Part Time Job
Cashier/Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), East Providence, RIJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: food parties when enough customers sign up for the tjx card.
Cons: lacking career advancement opportunities.
A typical day could be assisting a customer with finding merchandise, to stocking the floor, cashiering, creating layaway tickets, and maintaining cleanliness of the store. I learned customer service, cash handling, register bag making, and cash ordering procedures.
productive hardworker team player
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee), Hemet, CAJanuary 29, 2015
typical days at work are like down time in action with customers and coworkers.. co-workers haves to find more work to keep daily routine and keep work ethics on point.
management needs more improvement more involved into team workers and acknowledge the parties hard work and dedications. stay consistent with policy
the hardest part of this company is that to keep track on policy if its changed every two months. its hard to work with a team that don't communicate with each others and the whole entire team.. within the marshall (family) its very hard o go branch out when you have unprofessional management present you negative talk to the person whos trying to find better opportunity to better their lifestyle and work ethics here at marshalls there's no opportunities as an part-time worker because there's not enough hours for employment to provide lifestyle. its hard for an part time to promote up to full-time and promote to higher positions, i'm on the search for a new and better opportunities that will appreciate me and my work ethics.. i will miss all customers i've met over the years soon as i find a better and greater employment then (TJX COMP )Marshalls Hemet,Ca
Enjoyed the people
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: liked the staff
Cons: the hours
A busy department store enjoyed the customer they where very nice. The staff was friendly.
assisted customers with in store merchandise.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2015
i would normally go into work to help unload the truck in the morning. I loved working behind the scenes of a retail stores. I also enjoyed assisting the customers with finding the merchandise they need. The work environment was very pleasant and management treated everyone with respect and fairness.
fun and creative. good work environment
loss prevention detective (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good hours and decent pay
Cons: slow and expensive benefits
marshalls is really good place to work. the people i worked were fun and open.
good
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXJanuary 28, 2015
growing company, growing its culture in developing teams, price leader on brands they carry, strong operational controls
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Austell, GAJanuary 28, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job is giving great customer service
typical retail
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJanuary 27, 2015
First job. It was enjoyable. Loved my coworkers and the management.
Good company structure
Loss Prevention District Manager (New York State) (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: job security, adaptability
Cons: large company. need to be very outspoken to get noticed (not a negative comment).
Good environment with emphasis on adaptability to changing trends.
very perfessional and nice workplace
sales associate (Former Employee), detroit miJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: you get paid every week
Cons: if you dont work over 6 hours your lunch is 15 mins
I loved working at Marshalls. it was a wonderful experience and it helped me to find what career I want to have today. A typical day work was stocking the floor, recovery (straighten floor up), working dressing room, and assisting customers. my manager was fun as long as we got the job done.my co-worker were helpful, nice, and team players. the hardest part of the job was doing stock. The easiest was being a greeter
Retail loss prevention
District loss prevention traine detective (Current Employee), columbus,gaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: set on schedule
Cons: working on weeking
Apprehending shoplifters, internal investigations, and conducting monthly and year end audits traveling to different parts of the country, visiting other stores in the company for audits and quality control inspections. A typical day at work involves early morning meeting discussing what happen the previous night and planes for todays schedule. The hardest part of the job is working on week ends and holidays.
It is a fast pace Company to work for. But has its rewards as well,like rewards for the best dept with the greatest imcreases
Manager of Merchandising (Current Employee), Montrose, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: its always fun to get food and drinks for our associates
Cons: benefits are very limited to part-time associates.
This Company is very diverse and fun to work for. It is very associate oriented. Quiet a great place to work for. , Its a steady pace all day ,due to the fact its a discount store with great brand
names and products. Co-workers are always ready to help when needed. Customer Service is a must and have quiet a bit of regular
Customers.
The hardest part is when we fall behind in getting out our merchandise, but once its out , we reap the rewards with great sales and Customer Satisfaction
sales representative
Cashier (Former Employee), Edison, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Good place to start working and get basic knowledge. Nice and posiitive environment.
I love fashion so it was fun working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fashion
Cons: stocking merchandise
I stocked and put prices on the merchandise at Marshalls. I enjoyed working there because I love fashion. I had a chance to help customers find their right style and be comfortable at the same time. It made them happy me too.
amazing place to work
sales associate (Current Employee), Albany, ORJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: awesome co-workers and management
Cons: short hours, low pay
i love working here i work in the fitting room and on the markdown team when i can. im looking for another job because of low hours and low pay. im not able to pay my rent. i really dont wish to leave marshalls though.
review
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Carmel, INJanuary 22, 2015
it was a nice job for college and high school students. I enjoyed the environment but the supervisors could of been more outgoing and interactive .
hard working people
Cashier/Store Organizer (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I loved working at marshalls. I learned a lot. marshalls was my first real job. everyone treated me like I was family and that was the best part. a work day for me is fast moving. I didn't like to work on one thing all day if I knew I could get in done in an hour I would do it. I liked to help everyone I wouldn't say no to anyone that asked for my help. the best part about working is when a customer comes in and ask for you help and you help them find anything that they need.
Great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Salinas, CAJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work was ringing merchandise for customers, helping customers locate merchandise that they want to purchase.

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Photos