Marshalls Employee Reviews

Found 3,883 reviews matching the search
Sufficent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2017
During my work shift I would assist customers, clean up departments, and help with cash register. Management was helpful but definitely could do more to support the employees.
Fun day at wqork
Customer service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJune 8, 2017
I love to work and I make the best out of it. I recomnend this job if you like to start in corrections.The inviorment is what you make of it but over all its not bad I enjoy it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Dangerous
nice
PA - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 8, 2017
nice place for work because you meet differnts people and culture the only complain is about work team they are not to frendly or nice incluid the management
Pros
work flow
Cons
management
great workplace
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Powell, TNJune 8, 2017
i am a shoe coordinator at marshalls, working full time, doing all different types of jobs. processing and putting out product. making sure everything is getting done for the day before the next worker comes in.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 8, 2017
I work part time and the hours are flexible. The managers create a great environment to work in and they work around my school schedule. There are different parts of the store that you can work in depending on what you want to do like in the back room or as a cashier. Overall, its a great place to work and I would recommend it.
Busy busy busy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 8, 2017
I have worked for Marshall's for almost 4 years as a cashier, a typical day at work is usually hectic. We have about 10 register and normally when it's busy we will have just a few register open. Sometime mangers don't care, they will stay in office and gossip. I also worked as a sale associate which was much enjoyable but that too has it's cons like for example some customers are not considerate they will literally make a mess in the store, clothes are always on the floor in pile even other customer complaint about the situation.

The hardest part of the job is having to deal with stuck up customer. They thing because we work as a cashier that they are some what better than us. One customer bad talked one of the cashier to tears. It was horrible.

The one thing that get me through the work days was my co-workers, we make it enjoyable and fun.
Pros
Great 401k benefit and room to grow to become supervisor.
Cons
Management have a tendency of messing up your schedule
Productive, Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 8, 2017
It was a great way to begin in the sales industry. It was an environment where I could learn and thrive in. It allowed me to continue to improve and gave me opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Calm Work environment
Cons
Short Breaks
loved working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJune 8, 2017
the environment was friendly, the managers were great easy to work with and well balanced, co-workers were easy to work with , and the pay was fair. loved working there
Pros
great work environment
Cons
n/a
Marshalls was a good job to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 8, 2017
Marshalls is a great company to start off working at. I would say it's not a good job for anyone trying to support a family off. The only con of working there would be minimum wage pay.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJJune 8, 2017
Work here when I started college, minimum wage was the issue. Beside that it was close to home and a great place to work. Management was great and understanding
Marshalls
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 7, 2017
I actually started working at Marshalls around the holiday season which made it more exciting to interact with customers in a cheerful spirit. Once management noticed my curteous demeanor, after the holidays they decided for me to become a Front Desk Clerk (Cashier). There are possibilities of growth within this company even international.
Productive and Fast-Paced Workplace With Only a Few Hours Provided
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJune 7, 2017
Enjoyable working experience. Enables customer service experience. Friendly coworkers and supportive managers. Learned how to provide exceptional customer service and work in a fast-paced retail and sales environment.
Fun and Upbeat with great Management!
Shoe Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work included processing shoes that came in on the Truck, putting processed shoes out, straightening Shoe stacks and Shelves (this will take up about 85% of your Day) ringing up Customers and answering questions.

I learned that not everyone has patience, and if someone sets off an Alarm on something, they won't own up to it and often will walk away like nothing is wrong.

The management was Awesome! I worked in Auburn, and Ginger (Asst. store Manager) made working fun, even when the Customers were being difficult.

Workplace culture was fun, upbeat and everyone was willing to help out when needed.

Hardest part of the Job was working with Co-Workers that *literally* spoke no english (or acted like they didn't) and the language barrier that presented...

Most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I worked with a variety of People and had a good relationship with everyone. That's rare to find in a retail position sometimes..
Pros
They were willing to work with funky schedules and medical issues
Very easy going enviorment
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 6, 2017
-Set a goal and accomplish it as a team everyday
-Very mellow workforce area
-Customer Service based so it gives very good experience
-Hardest part of the day is the end
-Enjoy fast work days because time goes by fast
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Needed pay rate
Productive and moderately organized workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 6, 2017
I have worked at Marshalls for over three years. I do a bit of everything including: register, stock room, sales floor and events. I have learned to work well with others and provide exceptional customer service. For the most part the management is respectful and cooperative. The workplace culture is moderately organized and always busy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers, staying caught up on cleaning the sales floor and stock room and not having a set schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is the bond made with coworkers, having a flexible schedule and the simplicity of the job itself.
Pros
flexible schedule, work experience
Cons
not set schedule
Not my favorite place
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 6, 2017
Marhsall's managers were very scattered and would often never return with items that you asked for. Marshall's managers had a bad habit of singling out favorites as well as those that they did not like as much. Once you were at the bottom of the totem pole for often things that were only rumors, it was impossible to get back up
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Managers
Great workplace!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAJune 6, 2017
The management team at Marshall's has understood since I was hired five years ago that I have a hectic schedule. Between academics, sports, and other extracurricular activities, there were limited hours I could work. They have always been accommodating to my schedule and have never questioned by busy life outside of work. To add further, they allow me to stay on the schedule even when I am away at school so I can come home periodically to make some extra money. I will continue to work for the company throughout college.
marshalls
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PAJune 6, 2017
it was a clean well put together store very friendly love the custmers opened on time i had a wild schudle ...mangment was very polite and kind and strict when they need to be ..... we have a lot diffent culture there.hardest time was when it would get busy in the fitting room i have to call for help cause of getting over welmed
Front End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chester, NJJune 5, 2017
In my typical day at Marshalls I learned how to provide great customer service. The staff is friendly and the hours are flexible. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the customers everyday.
Fast Paced retail environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 5, 2017
Deliver an excellent customer service experience including selling, suggesting additional related merchandise, maintaining merchandise stocks, and store appearance. Actively involve developing both new and existing customer relationships. Completed customer transactions in a friendly and timely manner. Assisted in training new hires and current associates. General customer service operations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshalls. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval