Marshalls
1,307 reviews

Marshalls Employer Reviews

Wonderful place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE Customer (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great people to with
Hours are great ,sufficient breaks and lunch hours and ,co workers are just like family, Management really care about the employees. I really enjoy working here.
Unproductive and too demanding
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: unproductive, too demanding, never received a raise.
I would say this was the worse employer that I've ever worked for, simply because the environment was too demanding. From the managers, supervisors and the customers. Every few minutes of the day, me and the rest of my coworkers were always doing extraneous things that were unnecessary. The customers were messy, sloppy and careless. None of them would clean up after themselves and put the shoes back in the rack. At the end of our shifts and the store is closed, the managers and supervisors would have us sweeping, mopping and cleaning the bathrooms which wasn't in any of our job descriptions. And on top of that, no one received raises.
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 20, 2015
great place to work, fun and great people.........people there are really nice
good company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Countryside, ILJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: 10% discount for employees
Cons: slow season jan, feb, march. no payroll, lots of cutbacks
good company to work for , enjoy being with the employees every day. retail is up and down on a daily basis. one day crazy busy then the next dead. learning how to deal with managers coping with the store climate control. waiting on the public is a great experience.
Every day is a little different
Supervisor (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, discounts, and great connections
Cons: minimal pay, numerous duties
It has been a real learning experience working in retail. I have learned to practice more patience. I have also seen some practices of shoppers that one would never think of carrying out. There is room for a lot of opportunities at Marshalls, as far as all staff, managers and coordinators getting on the same page. I have had a great deal of positive experiences and I am ready to move on to the next big project.
A very busy store that keeps us pushing everyday.
Coordinator/Associate (Current Employee), lloyd centerJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day at Marshall is like every other day, there is always something that keeps you on your toes through out your day at work. I have learned so much more that I thought since I started working here at Marshall. The most enjoyable part of my job is being cross-train so that why I can work at different departments.
Awesome employees, never a dull moment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Highland, IndianaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: low pay, not many hours
I absolutely loved working for Marshalls! My managers and coworkers always made me feel extremely welcomed! I do wish the pay and hours were a little better, but I would definitely recommend anyone to work for this company!
Fast pace going, customer service experience
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches, meetings, holiday dinner
Cons: little pay, no benefits, or enough hours given
Going in opening shift, make sure all the registers are up and running with proper materials. Learned to stay organized, very precise with each items and clothing piece.Management was very attentive with each employee and acknowledgeable. My co-workers were team players at all time. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with the time. My most enjoyable day of my day was being around the customers and team.
This is a good place to work if you like working under pressure.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: marshalls buys lunch a lot.
Cons: some of the staff was hard to communicate with.
A typical day at this position is very demanding. You start by making sure that all of the registers are stocked and all of the staffs breaks are scheduled, assigned all of the registers to the staff coming in for the day, make sure all of the tills are filled and accounted for, hold the morning meeting about the daily numbers and make sure that all of the associates know what the company needs from them that day or what is needed to change throughout the staff. Throughout the day make sure all of the customer service issues are attended to and that the customer is happy with the out come of the situation. Make sure that the returned product is put back out onto the floor and the appropriate departments know about the merchandise at the service desk. Mark down or mark out product that is damaged then dispose of the product properly.
This is a good place to work if you like working under pressure.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: marshalls buys lunch a lot.
Cons: some of the staff was hard to communicate with.
Great People
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great people, always had food
Cons: parking
Management was great to be around and my emplyees was a fun time as well! Always made me happy to come to work!
Marshall's
Customer Service (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: working in a team environment
Cons: short breaks and rude customers sometimes
At Marshall's, the job requires a lot of hard work daily. Marshall's is busy during the holidays and weekend. Co workers and supervisors are easy to work with. Customers are very friendly and easy to talk with.
Productive and busy work place
Merchandise and Receiving Processer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2015
I had experience with the company before I was hired. I would basically help unload the truck and place the merchandise on the right carts to be sent out on the floor.
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee), NJJanuary 11, 2015
I worked for 32 years, most of the time it was a good place to work
Marshalls Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harlingen TXJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at marshalls was getting in at my assigned hour and depending on when that was i would either be setting up displays or helping to pick up the sales floor for the evening. I learned how to work a register and how to set up displays. There were several managers and all worked together. All of the associates worked together to get the job done and helped each other on the sales floor. Processing merchandise was probably to most difficult as it required the truck to be emptied and have all the merchandise to be priced and censored. I enjoyed being able to be a part of the workflow of a retail distribution.
Enjoyable Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be cool , calm and collective. The employees were all trained well . Everybody did their job , we worked as a team. The management was great ! I loved this job. Very flexible.
fun work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 7, 2015
it was fun seeing the eagerness to see people in and shop there were some slow days but overall it was a good experience never had any complants wish i had more time working there employees were great always had a positive attitude and seeing the customers satisfied was the main important thing.
Routine work, management needs some work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hackettstown, NJJanuary 7, 2015
Management was always changing and inconsistent with what they wanted for their employees, which made the work environment a bit hostile.
Sebring FL location only
None (Current Employee), Sebring FlJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: it is a job
Cons: poor scheduling, ignored time off and unavailable times. no feedback.
Poor management- hides in office when need to show good role modeling.store can be swamped with customers and workers cannot keep up yet managers sit in the office doing who knows what. I can't imagaine there is over 160 hours a week in paperwork for corporate 4 managers x 40 hour) No training. Favoritism . Promotes those who are undeserving and unqualified. At least one one the management teem is vindictive And lazy and lies to others about workers with no reprimand . Favorited have their cells phone on their person during working hours and use them. Schedules altered after posted.
Food served to employees I'd left out unprotected which could cause food poisoning .
Management needs to get professional. District should make surprise visits and look at individual employees to find the undeserving and should look hard at the manager and performance- not just the numbers coming out of the store. Pay is poor and a pass out during orientation is made like a newsletter giving information on how to get government aid because they know they do not pay enough to put food on the table yet the CEO is paid over 20 million a year. The information is given out making it look like it is TJX's benefit programs.
a workplace for teens
Sales associate (Former Employee), MinnesotaJanuary 5, 2015
my typical work day is me coming in and getting started on activities my supervisor wants me to do I learned on how to deal with people the management there is very well above. my co-workers are very friendly we treat everyone like family the hardest part of the job was getting the customers what they need if it wasn't in our store I enjoyed meeting new people and working in a diverse culture.

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Photos