Marshalls
1,523 reviews

Marshalls Employee Reviews

alright
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), FresnoMay 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management was lazy
alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright
Enjoyed working, I was very punctual, and friendly to my co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lodi, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Had a nice time working, I showed up to work on time, assisted customers with locating and/or choosing merchandise, stock shelves,assisted with merchandise display, facing merchandise, clean the store
horrible
Sale Associate (Former Employee), North Brunswick, NJMay 28, 2015
never ever staff was horrible. I did not like the job
everyone was rude
managers were rude
I would not recommend anyone to this job
Interesting Experience
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), South Gate, CAMay 28, 2015
The experience of working in retail was new and fun; it was very fast paced and challenging. The experience helped me build better communication with customers and improve my service toward people.
loss prevention
Loss Prevention Detective (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAMay 27, 2015
as loss prevention, i made my own schedule and had my own freedom throughout the day. they could pay you a little better for the job that you have to do but they pay still isnt bad
Typical retail setting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Haverhill, MAMay 27, 2015
Marshalls was a good first job that allows flexible scheduling and takes care of their employees. Management will never keep you in once place within the store, they will cross train you in different areas of the store.
Overwhelming place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 26, 2015
A typical day at work was tedious. I learned how to service customers in a positive way, and Management worked against that. The work environment was very draining and for that, Retail is my last choice of employment.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Somerville, MAMay 26, 2015
fast pace work
being able to help customers
cash handling
organizing
keeping the area clean
costumer service
trained in all the departments
cashier
very close net like working with family
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 25, 2015
a day working at Marshalls left no room for slackness, there are clothes to put out on the floor, customers to assist and sales floor to recover. The store manager was very hard working like the other employees making sure everything ran how it was suppose to. our store was the number one Marshalls that had the highest sales. i enjoyed Christmas season because we would participate in a activity call secret santa and to see the look on someones face when they found out the person who bought them a gift. It was priceless.
Fair Employeer
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Not having time to take breaks or Lunch
Gather information to send my morning reports for managers and home office, add Full Inbounds trailers in the system for the receiving Department to be able to work any trailers, Schedule trailers to be loaded to delivery freight to stores, call stores Managers to check on trailers if they arrived on time and good standing etc. I learn a lot and want to apply in other company, good co-workers, nothing was hard, everything I did I enjoy
Friendly workplace
Sales floor (Former Employee), Brooksville, FLMay 22, 2015
Pros: Easy work
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be either standing in the fitting room waiting for people to come try stuff on, walking around whatever department I am assigned to and ask people if they need assistance or just clean up the isles, unbox things in the back room, or cashier.
Productive workplace
Backroom Stock Worker (Former Employee), Avondale, AZMay 21, 2015
Pros: very productive
Cons: non
Even though it was a seasonal job it again gave me great costumer service experience. I like helping people and it gave me the skills to do just that.
productive
Recovery (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 19, 2015
it was easy going, how to organize bras, management was direct and helpful. co workers were friendly and easy to work with. the hardest part of the job was when it came to the end. the most enjoyable was getting to work there.
Productive and fun job with a team that is much like family
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Wyckoff, NJMay 18, 2015
Pros: Emphasis on teamwork
Cons: Low pay
A typical day at work includes multitasking and overall has a productive vibe. Time passes by quickly and every day you meet new customers from different walks of life. The store culture is warm and coworkers most often are like family. Difficulties arise when working with multiple managers, however once you understand each manager's expectations, it becomes a simple task. This job is rewarding when you can see your customers leave happy because of the service you provided for them. You receive recognition for outstanding service which is achievable simply by genuine kindness and understanding towards the customers and their individual needs.
productive retail store
Administrative/Coordinator (Current Employee), MaineMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with/ nice customers
Cons: Credit cards
Great people to work with. I have learned different aspects of retail. Management works well with others for the most part My co-workers are friendly and I myself have made forever friends working for A retail store. The hardest part of the job is corporate goals. working enough hours to pay bills..for the most part this a teenagers job
Columbia Heights
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 14, 2015
It was cool but not enough work , I stood around a lot with nothing to do. I met many different nice people working there though.
Productive and knowledgable work environment
Highest for credit cards sales each month (Current Employee), Winter Garden, FLMay 14, 2015
Typically, I go in to work check what has to be done and get started on it right away. The environment was a clean and friendly place to work. Through my years of working there I have been fortunate enough to learn a variety of things such as interacting with customers, providing excellent customer service, and selling and managing are just a few. My co-workers are great, friendly and we all work together as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of making the customers happy.
Great company with great opportunities.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), MAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Internal growth, worldwide
Working at Marshalls is a great opportunity to work for a company that is worldwide and loves to grow their associates. Being in the stores has its challenges though. I enjoy being an operations manager and having a human resource role within the store. TJX is worldwide, and if you want to travel and see the world perhaps this is a good company to work for. Some people enjoy working in the stores, but it is not for everyone. Yet that is why this is a great company, there are so many positions in all different areas.
Productive and steady
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), CHARLOTTE, NCMay 14, 2015
As I start once arriving at work the lines are already wrapped around to the other end. Customers are very friendly and polite.
Great company with job security.
LEAD Detective (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Freedom to complete work
Cons: The danger of dealing with criminals. Could use my money
A typical day in Loss Prevention at Marshall's includes EAS tag audits, monitoring the sales floor using CCTV for shoplifting, and conducting internal theft investigations daily. Management is very helpful in assistance and issues due to the Open Door policy. Co-workers are easy to work with and are helpful. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult shoplifters that do not cooperate with apprehension. The most enjoyable part of my job is the freedom to complete my work. We are not micro-managed.

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Salaries

$8.17 per hour
Cashier/Customer Service
$8.00 per hour

Marshalls Photos

The Holidays at Marshalls  2014 (me)