Marshalls
1,470 reviews

Marshalls Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace and Flexible Schedule
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible Scheduling
Cons: Low Pay
Management would be working right along with the frontline workers at peak times. A typical day at work consisted of greeting and helping customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with fellow students and friends in a relaxed environment.
okay
sales associate (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: payday
Cons: more hours.
working at Marshalls was okay, but the employees made hard to stay. I needed a job that was on my level of financial stability.
no room for advancement
sales associate (Current Employee), Modesto, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: really a dead end job
I don't know if my experience is typical or if it's just this store location but in my store no one except managers and coordinators are full time. everyone else is a part time associate or seasonal when the holidays come around. The full time positions only open up if a manager or coordinator gets fired, or quit. Also this is the only place I've ever worked where they schedule you for half shifts (4 to 4 and a half hour shifts) and even though you are part time you are extremely lucky if you get 20 hours a week. The management is okay for the most part but some really need to be trained in proper communication as I've has to deal with sarcasm, and all out rudeness from some managers. Managers also need to be trained in proper time management as on several occasions I was the only floor associate besides the 3 cashiers because the manager sent 5 people to lunch at once. There is also a lot of talking behind people's backs and associates tend to get fired over any little thing but when so many people are out of jobs and they have such a huge pool to choose from we all look rather expendable. I've had to deal with rude customers but who in retail hasn't. Over all the job it'self is not hard but it's the circumstances around it that make you feel kinda exasperated, especially when you realize you're not going anywhere.
Very busy and fast paced.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Long Island City, NYApril 21, 2015
Cons: low pay
Being a cashier consist of taking care of customers all day. It can get really busy, but it has helped me gain a lot of experience and I love helping people. Managers constantly change which consist of new changes all the time. Some managers appreciate your hard work and effort while others don't.
Great management
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, NJApril 20, 2015
Love the staff and manager. Working here for 4 years was a great experience. It felt like family here. I would love to work here again with amazing management.
Fun place to work, but workers are taken advantage of.
Sales Associate/Coordinator (Former Employee), Yuma, AZApril 20, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciation, once fulltime benefits awesome, and they worked around your schedule if you went to school.
Cons: Too much favoritism, no professionalism, and management always fighting and making employees pick sides.
It was a fun place to work at. I love to organize the clothing, and setting up for new arrivals, and promoting new themes for the store. At the time I worked there management was always fighting with one another and took it out on the sales team. No professionalism was there. Management had their favorites, and made it clear who they were. If they didn't like you they put a lot of pressure on you and the workload. One good thing was they did have employee appreciate days. They would spoil all employees every month with free food and deserts and free Marshall gear. Fun place, bad management.
laid back
Cashier/Sales Associate/Fitting room associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2015
Pros: MEET NEW PEOPLE
Cons: N/A
this is a very laid back job and very enjoyable when i worked at Marshalls i felt less stressful and never was i overwhelmed
Good workplace
Stock/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Westbury, NYApril 16, 2015
A regular day of work I learn the general areas of the store. Everybody works hard on their own or as a team. Hardest part of the job is managers expecting you to do thirty times the workload in the one day they take advantage of the worker. I enjoy completing a task when I'm working.
Overall, an enjoyable workplace with good people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Epping, NHApril 16, 2015
Pros: good working environment, nice people, teamwork
Cons: rude customers, drama, lack of security
A typical day at work is walking into the break room, punching in, putting my personal belongings into my locker, grabbing my name tag and a walkie, and walking up to the front desk to see where I'm assigned for the day/night. Usually I'm assigned in the Sportswear department--which is ladies and juniors clothing--or I'm in the fitting room. I am sometimes put in the Shoes department or Domestics & Giftware. What department I work in is very flexible since I am trained in all of them. The day/night typically goes by cleaning the department, putting away your returns, and repeatedly getting called to the register. If my department is clean, I ask what they would like me to do, which is usually put out stock. I have very friendly co-workers, to which I consider most of them a close friend. I would say the hardest part of the job are the busy days where you can't do anything but cashier for the majority of the day, which means you fall behind in cleaning your department. Those days/nights are the times we usually get out late. In my opinion, the most enjoyable part of the job is either working with a great group of co-workers, or the friendly customers.
I enjoy enteracting with customers, on a daily bases
Sales floor (Former Employee), Porterville, CAApril 15, 2015
I enjoyed working for Marshalls, I like the fact they would move us around different departments we got to learn different jobs and duties. everyone there co-workers and management staff were great with helping your duties.
it a good place to work the pepole are nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, MAApril 15, 2015
Pros: for lunch i get 15 menits it all depind what time you work
Cons: my break time is not bad 15 minent
some time it will be busy or slow we start of by haveing a meeting in the morning and then we get to work i larn it very importent to help other people and to make them feel happy my manger was nice and my coworker i got along with them they were nice the hardest part of the job is waking up at 6:00 in the morning so we cane get things ready we open at 7:00 and what i like about the job is that i could go on my own past so i didnt have to work fast
Great position
Coordinator (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAApril 15, 2015
This position is great to gain experience in a leadership role in the retail business, and learn some of the more intricate details about running a store.
Great place to work good management and great workers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Riverview, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: Associates
Cons: Work Schedule
Marshall is a great work environment the associates their are willing to help one another and always keep the work environment happy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with displeased customers sometimes they decide to take their anger out on you. Schedule
Marshalls
SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIApril 15, 2015
Pros: longer breaks
Cons: terrible hours, unclean work place
there only one thing i can say about working at Marshall.it was horrible everything about their work place is horrible.
Very Produtive Team
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 14, 2015
Pros: The Team and Discounts
Cons: none
Marshalls was a great company! Great team members to work with, good hours, and Discounts for employees. It was always a safe and productive place to work all of our team members worked very well together.
Very Flexible
Sales Associate/Manager (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 14, 2015
A nice place to work you get to meet new and interesting people on a daily basis. Everyday is a learning experience and there is always something new to learn.
Unbalanced
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 13, 2015
Marshall's pays their employees way to little, for what they make in one day. They make minimum 40k a day per store, and over 100k a day during the holidays. They pay their employees minimum wage for the amount of work they have to do. Some managers just boss you around and dont even help when the store really needs the help. Work place is always under staffed, and the company of Marshalls make a huge fit if the managers pass payroll for only 100 dollar, like if they dont make money. The only good thing you can get from working there is how to be patient and organisation skills improve greatly.
Marshalls Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Working with people
A typical day at Marshalls varies due to the different responsibilities and departments I worked. I am able to work most departments for instance; Mens dept., shoe dept., cashier, and stalk room. Most days I will work as a cashier or as part of the markdown crew. Being that I am a sociable person I am able to communicate and get along with all employees. Throughout working at Marshalls I learned customer service, how to use a register, and other mechanical devices that help maintain the store inventory, as well as maintaining a safe and clean environment around the work place not only for the customers satisfaction, but also for the store requirements.
great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Visalia, CAApril 13, 2015
loved working there it was very easy and nice. kids did great and treated me like family. never had a hard time with kids or the parents.
Productive and fun workplace.
Clerk (Current Employee), Okemos, MIApril 12, 2015
Cons: Healthcare
A typical day at work is helping customers and organizing the department. Management is good. Co-workers are very friendly. The hardest part of the day is cleaning up the department at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is helping customers.

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Salaries

$8.05 per hour
Sales Associate/Customer Service
$8.25 per hour

Marshalls Photos

The Holidays at Marshalls  2014 (me)