Marshalls Employee Reviews

good work place
Merchandising supervisor (Former Employee), dallasJune 16, 2015
managers work side to side with employees. very friendly work place. job are divided fairly to all department. the coordinators are empowered. they can take decision when they have to. leadership is well practice.
Great learnig experience
MERCHANDISE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Monthly empolyee appreciation lunches
When I was hired to work at Marshalls, I was hired to work in the shoe department begin that it was a new store for the first two weeks we had to help put the merchandise in the store, set displays and set signing. Well in the two week that we were preparing for the store opening, I was promoted to Department Coordinator because I show management that I was a good team leader, I was always on time , learned my department as well as others very quickly, so as a result of that they thought that I would be perfect for the position and I continued to prove them right. I started training employees for sells floor, cash register and stock room. I also work the customer service desk, merchandised the men, children and infant department. I work will good people who show me respect and I gave it as well. The hardest part of that job was being laid off do to company down sizing.
Over work employees with no benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Little pay
I was a minor while working here and I worked 40 hours a week during the summers with absolutely no benefits. I worked and worked myself and I only got a .30 cent raise when I knew I deserved more. I left because of the poor management, employees and pay.
Fun place to work, fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), plantation glJune 15, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, friendly enviroment
Cons: poor hours
At marshalls it is always busy, but I learned how to work well under pressure and to work as a unison with my coworkers and managers.
great work environment
Stockroom Coordinator (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 15, 2015
Pros: build customer service
Cons: no room for growth
I loved managing the stockroom and also loved motivating my team but no room for growth. I also loved meeting new people. Some members of management were unproffessional at times.
Just wasn't job for me!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Roswell, GAJune 15, 2015
Just wasn't job for me. Under paid over worked. I work with the company for a year. Manager was rude, there was lack of communication, and poor team work.
stressful work place
Associate (Former Employee), Cicero, NYJune 12, 2015
Pros: worked mornings
Cons: managment, not enough hours, judgmental co workers
the 3 managers would all tell you to different things at once. it was a very unorganized work place and managers would be favored over staff workers.
A good experience because I was able to be apart of a multicultural environment, working with diverse customers and co-workers.
Processing (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2015
Pros: Flexablitly to manuever around, complete my job duties without any pressure.
Cons: The company was located downtown, in a busy area which caused a lot of traffic on a daily basis.
While working in the stockroom unloading and processing merchandise on a day to day basis, I was able to use my organization and multitasking abilities, to make sure the merchandise was correctly processed onto the sales floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with flexible and laid back supervisors, which gave me the opportunity to complete my job duties on time, accurate, and under no pressure.The hardest part of the job was getting along and working as a team with all of my co-workers, due to the fact that the environment was a diverse setting.
Not a nice place to work
Sales Floor (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJune 10, 2015
Pros: Frendly co workers / Customer
Cons: Don't get credit when Credit is due.
They treat there employee's bad. They expect you to do your job and everyone else's and get payed min. wage. The management takes credit for employee's work. Hours not consistent.
Good experience
Sales associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 10, 2015
Excellent management. i work as a cashier, customer service, attending customer phone call.Good co-worker.I was in lost and prevention team. I enjoy helping customer.
Productive and clean.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Riverview,FLJune 10, 2015
Productive day at work, with a management team that is on top of things. Nothing difficult about this job. Most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers.
Always an exciting work environment
Cashier/Sales Rep (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 10, 2015
Typical day would consist of cashiering and working the sales floor. I learned how to organize better and put things in their specific place. The management was okay, one manager didn't do their job properly. My co-workers were easy to get along with, but I didn't talk to many. The hardest part was adjusting glass shelves. The most enjoyable part was I always stayed busy on the job.
Typical retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mashpee, MAJune 8, 2015
This is a typical retail job where there is not much down time. The schedule is not very flexible and you have to ask for time off at least two weeks in advance.
productive, profesional,
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: co workers, great food places
Cons: shortbreaks, wages
at Marshalls I would do various job duties such as cashier, jewelry clerk, fitting room, inventory depending on how the day goes. the hardest part of the job was having to clean departments on a busy day while maintaining a safe environment for our customers. the most enjoyable was being able to interact with a lot of awesome people everyday.
productive challenging and fun place to work at
I did customer service (Former Employee), riverside caJune 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches and employee events
Cons: no overtime
had always help someone. I learned to be people person have patience and be helpful. management was great. my coworkers were great also. I enjoyed helping others
clothing store
sales associate (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAJune 6, 2015
I had a good experience working here , the hardest part was closing and cleaning up all the mess. y typical day was easy as long as I was focused. stocking basically , fitting room , making sure everything's in order. I got along with everybody no issues , I liked staying busy.
great benefits not so great management
Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJune 5, 2015
I oversaw my assigned departments and ensured each were up to company standards in sales and appearance. I read sale reports and produced efforts to boost sales by fashioning merchandise that appealed to customers. I assisted customers by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and helping find merchandise. I supervised associates by delegating assignments and resolved conflicts that arose while serving as manager on duty. While employed with this company, I was promoted from Sales Associate to Coordinator within one year of being employed.
fast paced, easy going.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2015
depends on the day. you just learn different skills as you go. management was okay just depends who was in charger for that day you worked. coworkers were easy going and easy to get along with. the hardest part was meeting credit card goals and putting up all the clothes that was left in the fitting room and up in the front of the store. most enjoyable part was going to the stock room to see what new shippment came in.
Energetic workplace with a good management team.
Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Former Employee), Chino, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Promotions from within.
A typical work day is a very busy one. It can consist of pricing merchandise, stocking selves and racks with new shipments of merchandise, or returning items not sold back to the sales floor. Always helping a customer and keeping a safe and clean work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
I loved working at Marshall's
Cashier/Sales associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAJune 5, 2015
I learned a lot at Marshall's especially with that being my first job they really taught me a lot of things that i didn't know about.