Marshalls Employee Reviews

Found 3,989 reviews matching the search
Good environment and diverse
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 27, 2017
Everyone who works there is friendly. Co workers are helpful. People of all ages work there and it is very diverse. Give good benefits and work with your schedule.
Flexible Hours and Fun
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJune 27, 2017
This company can is very flexible around your hours. Every time we hit our credit card goal we celebrate with food. They will give us 3 options of what we want for example subs, pizza, or ice cream.
Pros
Party's
Cons
Short breaks
my experience
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJune 27, 2017
I got along with all the employees and the manager I learned the process of what it is like to work in a reality store I learned to work on teambuilding skills
productive
Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2017
most of the time, there will be many things to do. other days, it's fairly slow with not much to do. overall, its a fun environment working with laid back people and interacting with customers.
Stressful and not worth the pay.
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Deptford, NJJune 26, 2017
My managers are overwhelming. They don't know what they want from their coordinators, and are always telling me to do the wrong things yet to still do my job and make others do what the managers can't make them do. I would not recommend working at my location for that reason. The head manager is great but the other two are awful. It's not worth the pay but the pay makes it hard to leave.
Pros
Annual raises.
Cons
Stressful work environment, sometimes work 13 and a half hour shifts.
working on the floor
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 26, 2017
Low on staff everyday putting more stress on the employees who are at work. Sometimes I'm doing multiple departments because people don't show up. Too many call outs with not enough action toward it. Pay is not enough for how hard I work.
Pros
time and a half on Sundays
Cons
pay, under staffed
Productive friendly work fast
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at Marshall cause I enjoy people n helping get wat they need n put a smile of satisfaction that they got wat they needed! Organizing n making sure the shoppers get assistance to wat they are looking for n making sure they come back to shop!
Pros
Good lunch break
Cons
Very busy n low on staff at times
fun place at one time
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, VAJune 26, 2017
I first started out in the distributoin center. I was there for 7 years. Then I went into the Human Resource Department. I did payroll, new hire orientation, benefits, medical, I-9 verification and other general office duties. This is the kind of environment I enjoy working in. I left the company due to many company changes that did not work for me anymore.
A Miserable Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJune 26, 2017
I quit because my front end manager went out of her way to humiliate and intentionally be mean to me. The work environment was toxic. My coworkers were great though. The GM was good too. It was more to due with lower-management.
Pros
Occasional 20% off weekends
Cons
Horrible Work Environment, Pushes credit card applications on customers
Fun & fast paced
Backroom Team Member & Markdown clerk (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 25, 2017
I enjoy working with all ethnic backgrounds & continue to learn & grow personally as well as professionally. I also like the fact that my job has flexible hrs. & am able to work around my schedule
Pros
No nights or weekends
Cons
No full time benefits/healthcare & dental
Day At Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJune 25, 2017
I would come in 15-20 min prior my set time to clock in. Normal day I would get one 15 min break and if the day is more than 5 hours I will receive one hour for lunch. Dress code was pretty reasonable, very comfortable environment. No heels or open toe, no jeans were accepted. I mainly worked as a cashier, being very pleasant and courteous to customers, offering each customer our rewards credit card. Normally if a customer gets approved, the associate who offered that card will always b recognized and publicly congratulated. Working at Marshalls was a team friendly job. Must always smile and know that it is very important to meet the customers needs and wants. Our daily motto was "The customer is always right". I really enjoyed working in that workplace. I learned so much but I am ready to work in an office setting workplace and show how my customer service skills and computer skills can be used and helpful in a different work setting
Nice and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIJune 25, 2017
This work environmetn was very nice and enjoyable including the other employees who did nothing but help when needed. It was fun working and advising with the customers.
Creative retail environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJune 25, 2017
A typical retail schedule with potential to gain extra hours. Wonderful coworkers and work space. Clean and comfortable break rooms and restrooms. Good customer base.
Pros
Company events, Supportive Management
Cons
Low staffing
Nice place
Sale Associate/ Front End Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 24, 2017
Marshalls is a hard place to work at, purely because prices on clothes are very low and the employee discount makes it easy to blow entire paychecks on a shopping spree. Not a difficult job, just be ready to be on your feet all day. Customers are agreeable most of the time, but issues are always resolved quickly.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Long days
Flexible job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85202June 24, 2017
I worked there as a seasonal employee and was there for about 3 months. Overall it was a great experience, most of my coworkers and employers were polite and easy to get along with.
ok place to start
Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2017
part time workers, wont give you full time so you don't receive benefits, no place to grow, got injured plenty of times on the job and nothing was done until one injury required workers comp to get involved
Pros
20% discount
Cons
wont allow you to work full time
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAJune 23, 2017
It is a fun workplace. Lots of work... The only thing I don't approve of is how we cannot seem to advance bcuz of favoritetsm sometimes. if you like picking up time, you will be alright, there is always work to do, hours to fill for some one. It's just not always recognized
A very vibrant and organized place.
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJune 23, 2017
This Marshalls store at the location in Wethersfield is very neat and tidy, has nice employees who have good customer service skills, and always provides a good shopping experience.
Overall Company Procedures
Key Carrier/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2017
Company has many policies but management does not put into place. When you work part-time it is just that maybe one or two days a week. There is a dress code and most of the workers do not follow. Management does not care about the individuals who work under them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no scheduled hours and low pay
Good place to gain experience.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJune 23, 2017
My duties were pretty much the same everyday either on the sales floor or in the fitting room. Usually the floor was disorganized so I spent a lot of time putting things back where they belong and picking things off the floor. All of my managers were pretty polite and let you know when you needed to improve upon something. My coworkers were all nice and fun to converse and work with. The hardest part was making sure that everything was done by the time we left. The most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
Coworkers, A lot of hours
Cons
Difficult to advance in position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshalls. Our community is ready to answer.