Marshalls Employee Reviews

Found 1,776 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work and learn about the wonderful world of retail
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CADecember 3, 2015
Great place to work. Will work with pretty much any schedule. The discount isn't much, but the free layaway is worth it. Management was okay with the exception of one or two managers who did absolutely nothing. Store doesn't open too early or close late at all, except during the holidays. Good place to start.
Pros
10% discount, free layaway, paid weekly
Cons
Working holidays
flexible and laid back
Retail Stocker, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 3, 2015
It was are great learning experience to have. Enjoy every moment with the employees and consumers. they taught me about multi-tasking and quick customer service.
Not Worth the Pay
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MADecember 3, 2015
Is retail ever worth the pay? The hardest part of the job is working with a mainly female staff, coworkers of course are catty at the worst and condescending at the best. It's a part time job so of course there are things not worth it for the pay, it's not the worst place to work but its not something you should strive for.
A Day at the Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 1, 2015
Once I clock in I head up to the front desk, see what register I'm on, count onto my register (see how much money is in my drawer), and start ringing up customers. When we are busy I clean all of the trashes, put anything labeled MARSHALLS in an Iron Mountain bin, sweep the floors, and clean up the sensors that go on clothing. Co-workers are always friendly and have a smile on their faces. The hardest part is being stuck to one area for my whole shift, the best part of my job is funny customers, good, cooperative co-workers, and great customer service.
Pros
Occasional provided lunches.
Cons
Hard customers.
My responsibilties at marshall's
cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 1, 2015
Great work place with the ability to talk to management about anything. Of course by it being retail its all about customer service none the less, I worked as a cashier making sure our customers come in with a nice greeting and leaving with the best satisfaction there is possible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLDecember 1, 2015
A Nice place to work dealing with retail and the public. Management was okay. My co-works were not so friendly. But overall i liked the job do to loving fashion.
Pros
Getting to see the new merchandise before the public does
Productive work place with a diversity of people
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CANovember 30, 2015
I have only worked here a few weeks and I do love my job and the people I work with. My managers are spot on and supportive of any decisions we come to make. They're a combination of fun and productive.
Pros
holiday spirit and parties
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 30, 2015
I worked at Marshalls during the holidays and it was very busy and we had to be fast paced as well as giving the best customer service. I also had to sell credit cards to the customer and we all had to reach a certain goal each month. I enjoyed working there.
Inviting Workplace
cashier customer service (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NYNovember 30, 2015
I enjoy working there. The other associates become like family, they help you grow within the company.
They also provide assistance with anything that maybe needed.
Great environment
Sales Associate, Front End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 27, 2015
Quite the nice place to work, but the chances for advancement are limited. Although the opportunity to meet multiple people daily and interact with is indeed fun, at the end of the day it is fails to offer proper pay to workload and advancement opportunities for all employees.
Pros
10% off on items, and 20% sometimes
Cons
Lack of truly helpful benefits, the schedule is too erratic.

Want to know more about Marshalls?

Ask a question
Really good experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 27, 2015
My experience working here was very good, the employees were very friendly (most of them) and the managers as well. Sometimes when opening the store for the day the managers would not open the door in time so the employees would be a couple of minutes late clocking in even though they were at work on time and waiting sometimes ten minutes for someone to open the door, and the employees would get disciplined even though it was not their fault. I loved doing my job, I would organize the clothes, greet customers and the people that I worked with made the whole experience. My overall experience here was a very good one.
Pros
Employee appreciation events, incentive programs.
Cons
Short hours, blamed for things out of your control.
Exciting place to work
District Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 27, 2015
Good opportunity for advancement. Good work life balance. The hardest part of the job is maintaining productivity while balancing your core role.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
inconsistent guidelines
Workplace
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJNovember 24, 2015
A majority of the typical day at work was organizing, cashier work. My coworkers to the most part were respectable, easy to get along. I didn't have a difficult time at work, I enjoyed each moment learning and growing.
Pros
Always on my feet
Cons
Poor management
fast paced environment
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 24, 2015
consistency in scheduling - great co workers, and daily meetings to keep all employees on the same page. Snacks and coffee/hot cocoa provided- as well as an employee discount!
Pros
401 K
Cons
minimal hours given
staff and management were very friendly and understanding
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CANovember 23, 2015
Wish i was given more hours in the day to work.Staff was very friendly and easy to work with and for.As well as management being very understanding and easy to work for.
Pros
At the time was very convient and close to my residence
Cons
Pay was not that great
Fun and easy enviroment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 21, 2015
Many people take marshall for granted its an awesome store and has many learning experiences to learn from . People try to scam them everyday
not a good place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 21, 2015
my store is not a good store to work for. very poor management. you will be promised the moon but receive nothing. and pay you the bare minimum
ok for part time job
Associate Processor (Current Employee) –  Revere, MANovember 19, 2015
ok company to work for but not enough money to support a child. Nice people to work with. Met a lot of very good friends at marshalls
Pros
flexible hours discount
Cons
short breaks not benefits for part time
OK
Returns Associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MONovember 19, 2015
The people there were very friendly. I helped with the clothing but mostly returned product. I thought it was fun. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't train you very well.
retail
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 19, 2015
I loved working here because i go to see what came out before everyone else. It was not a hard job to do but the customers were hard to handle at times.