Marshalls
1,423 reviews

Marshalls United States Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), SierraMarch 15, 2015
I have been with the company for quite a few years now. I love the management and my coworkers. There is however, very little opportunity for advancement after a while.
Well organized retail store.
retail cashier (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 14, 2015
I was a retail cashier there. I learn a lot about customer service from there, and organizing in different departments. I was able to plan some projects and managing incoming shipment.
Working with people from different background and culture
Ops Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: improve customer service skills
Improve customer service skills
Training associates with company polices
Improve sells and stock store
improve cleanness
control shrink
fun place to work at
SALES (Former Employee), SOLANA BEACHMarch 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers satisfied. CO workers are fun people to work with. I recommend SOLANA BEACH location. The store is kept clean and organized. Lots of clothes more than other stores. We make sure all the new clothes come out and nothing is left in the back room.
Productive Fun Workplace
Front End/ Returns Associate; Sales Associate (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTMarch 12, 2015
Pros: longer than average meal period
Cons: n/a
The team is very family like, everyone gets along and helps each other to learn and grow. other than occasional disgruntled customers, great place to work
fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAMarch 11, 2015
handling customers transactions as far as exchanges and purchases. Providing customer service skills, making sure all cash registers are counted for the beginning and end of the employees shift
Better than most but not the greatest.
(Operations Manager) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: they foster their "high potential" managers. growing company. improving company culture.
Cons: pay not as great for the work you are expected to do. training policies almost nonexistent.
It is a great company to work for however there are several incompetent members of management or managers who have been with the company so long they are either obsolete and no longer effective in their role or they just don't care and only do just enough to not get fired.
stock room
Sales Associate (Former Employee), brooklynMarch 10, 2015
cashier
Assisted in maintaining proper inventory levels
- Performed housecleaning duties necessary to maintain store cleanliness
and basic upkeep and/or cleaning of all equipment in the store
productive and busy
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILMarch 10, 2015
Pros: movement
Marshall is a excellent store because in a department store you can always keep busy there always something to do. You get the opportunity to move around and you be assigned certain department so you get to engage with people
just my thoughts
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Overland, MOMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great clothes, shoes, people
Cons: short breaks
It's a great start up job. You can find lots of thing to shop for and work for. The people are great and overall it a nice work invoirment
Job Essentials
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Bruno, CAMarch 8, 2015
I ring up customers if I am a cashier I greet them ask them if they found everything okay make sure that they are highly satisfied with there shopping today. When I'm on the sales floor I walk around to greet customers and to see what needs to be cleaned up ask customers if they need help with anything. I learned that customer service is really big in this store because without customer service we wouldn't have any customers.
Good starter job
Customer service associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, convenient
Cons: short breaks, management, no organization, no job security
I worked for this company twice, two different stores and they both ended up closing down. I worked as a customer service associate, which consisted of transacting purchases, returns, and exchanges, but not limited to only that. People often times have their opinions about working retail and I agree for the most part, but I can honestly say that in 7 years I never had a customer to be too much to handle. I've always treated them with respect and greeted them politely, I expected to be treated as such and always was. Treat people the way you want to be treated is something that I learned first hand. At this store I have had so many different managers, some terrible and a few that were really good. the best part for me was meeting new people constantly.

This job would be great for someone just starting off (maybe a high school student)
Productive and always busy
Processor (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: short hours leaving time for school
Cons: early hours
Early hours and hard work but well worth the effort. The people were friendly and though there was some tension at times everyone managed to function like a well oiled machine. I spent time unloading the trucks and opening and processing boxes.
interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 6, 2015
Oh my god. This is the worst Marshall's that has ever existed. They literally don't have anyone working in that store.They have about six cashiers, and the rest of the store looks like Martha Stewarts WORST NIGHTMARE. Nothing is clean, things are thrown around, everything is disorganized. You might as well contract a disease from sifting through the USED products ( everything is used, everything is open.
Productive and busy company
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: busy
Cons: short breaks
A great company to work for. Very diverse and respectable employees. Fun and busy at most times. Learning more and more about retail customer service.
Marshalls
CUSTOMER SERVICE, Cashier (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAMarch 4, 2015
greeting customer, fast check out, handling cash, sometimes work at other department such as recovering men floor, help backroom employee bring out merchandise, process new shoes, promote TJX reward credit card. Some the co-worker are nice and helping me sometime. The hardest part of the jobs is standing for 8 hours and sometime have to tall with angry customer.
Productive but Slow
Associate (Former Employee), Monaca, PAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: 2 breaks 30 mins each
Cons: not many hours
A typical day at Marshalls dragged on very long. I normally spent most of my time folding closes and attaching the security pins on them. The funnest part of the job for me was unloading the truck, I was able to move around for a little, I guess retail wasn't my forte. My co-workers were nice to me and very social. The management was good, I don't particularly remember her name but she was a very nice lady. The hardest part of the job was unloading the truck and thats why I enjoyed it I believe.
Good work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 4, 2015
Very busy place to work around the holiday season. I enjoyed my time there. Great environment very "happy". Employees are kind and generous
WONDERFUL
Floor Associate (Former Employee), PENNSLYVANNIA /NE PHILADELPHIAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: professional
Cons: hourly rate
GREAT PLACE TO WORK PROFESSIONAL ENJOYED CUSTOMER,TEAM MEMBERS.
NOT ENOUGH HOURS WOULD LOVE EQUAL TIME AT LEAST 30 HOURS PER WEEK WITH BILLS AND RENT 20 HR AVERAGE IS NOT ENOUGH!
productive and fun place to work
back room associate (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 2, 2015
come to work for 6 am take boxes off line and sort and separate clothes from boxes have to work really fast. then you will start your shift and tag all merchanndise

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Salaries

$8.15 per hour
Customer Service Representative
$8.25 per hour

Marshalls Photos

The Holidays at Marshalls  2014 (me)