Marshalls Employee Reviews

great benefits not so great management
Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJune 5, 2015
I oversaw my assigned departments and ensured each were up to company standards in sales and appearance. I read sale reports and produced efforts to boost sales by fashioning merchandise that appealed to customers. I assisted customers by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and helping find merchandise. I supervised associates by delegating assignments and resolved conflicts that arose while serving as manager on duty. While employed with this company, I was promoted from Sales Associate to Coordinator within one year of being employed.
fast paced, easy going.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2015
depends on the day. you just learn different skills as you go. management was okay just depends who was in charger for that day you worked. coworkers were easy going and easy to get along with. the hardest part was meeting credit card goals and putting up all the clothes that was left in the fitting room and up in the front of the store. most enjoyable part was going to the stock room to see what new shippment came in.
Energetic workplace with a good management team.
Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Former Employee), Chino, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Promotions from within.
A typical work day is a very busy one. It can consist of pricing merchandise, stocking selves and racks with new shipments of merchandise, or returning items not sold back to the sales floor. Always helping a customer and keeping a safe and clean work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
I loved working at Marshall's
Cashier/Sales associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAJune 5, 2015
I learned a lot at Marshall's especially with that being my first job they really taught me a lot of things that i didn't know about.
Family oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Phila, OHJune 4, 2015
Pros: Family themed
Cons: Communication
You learn a lot of different things daily. Wonderful management team with family oriented work theme. You have fun and get your work done at the same time. Lacking in communication skills and not always sticking to what they say.
productive work enviroment
sales associate/ cashier (Former Employee), hollywood, caJune 4, 2015
Pros: close to the train
Cons: lack of hours
i learned alot about myself as well as my customer service skills. this location is in a very busy side of hollywood and is filed with alot of different types of prople.
Busy workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJune 4, 2015
Pros: 45 mins lunchs
Cons: all they look for is part time no benefits, no over times and shorts on hours
Typical day at work is cleaning up the floor. Taking all clothing back to the floor and checking out customers. Management is not the best, they to much favoritism with other co workers. Co workers stick to them selves. Theres to many clicks in the store. The hardest part is having to make sure all your department are cleaned up at the end of the night, having 3 departments by yourself.
Great work place
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee), BloomfieldJune 4, 2015
Busy, main focus is the customer. New merchandise everyday so you have to be able to multitask. Associates work well together. because it gets very busy you have to be flexible and learn every department
nice place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 3, 2015
Pros: Discount is great. Free food during the holidays.
Cons: Store manager is hard to please. Always has negative attidude toward employees.
The current manager at this location is hard to please. Overall the company is great to work for. Customers are nice. The employees are great to work with. The District Manager doesn't talk to employees like others have in the past. He kind of has a don't care about this location attitude. Overall I liked the customers and the work I did.
Good place to gain retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 3, 2015
Typical day at work was very engaging, especially with the customers. Working at Marshalls allowed me to gain experience to work with people as well as perform various tasks in the retail department. The staffs were welcoming and extremely helpful and nice. Overall I truly enjoyed helping out customers with their needs and questions as well as being a part of a team that are truly dedicated and committed to their jobs.
Very enjoyable and great people to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2015
Pros: Advancement is very possible
Cons: Long hours, hard work. But very worth it, in the end.
I came into Marshalls , not knowing anything about retail. While there, I learn how to use a cash register, interact with the public, went from a cashier to customer service coordinator. Helping with their purchases, making their wait time less stressful by having conversation with them if they were willing. My management team was the best. They always had a readiness about them, to make sure to achieve your goals.
My co-workers were fun to work. We know that everything doesn't run smooth all the time. But you make it work.
The hardest part of the job was, making sure I took care of everyone needs on my shift. Sometimes, it was a bit hard to do, because my job was to fix any problem before I had to call in management.
I loved what did. I truly enjoyed working with people. I got to meet people from all over the world.
What job could you do and meet people from all over the world and enjoy it, but retail. Loved it.
Great place to work, friendly coworkers
Sales associate in the home department (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: great co-workers and friendly environment
I learned how to organize departments best for customers, the appropriate way to help and talk to customers, and how to work together as a team. Management here was great to work with, always had the best solution figured out for any problems we had, and how to fix them. Co-workers were great as well because we learned how to work together as a team to get the store cleaned and organized after closing so the morning shift people could have an easy time setting new items out on shelves instead of having to finish the previous workers tasks on top of theirs. This position was seasonal.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ozone Park, NYJune 1, 2015
Great place to work and a great learning experience. The company offers flexible scheduling and great benefits. I enjoyed working at Marshalls.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Rockville, MarylandJune 1, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: rude customers
i loved working here. i loved all the managers, it was easy to take off work. something i didnt like was that the hours went by to slowly. you dealt with very mean customers. we always found a way to have fun working at marshalls. i got along with all the managers & associates. i didnt like the pay, felt we deserved more pay.
Nice work environment
Lead Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJune 1, 2015
Coming into work everyone is friendly and has a postive attitude. When I worked there, I was in school, and they were very flexible with my work hours
Retail Sales Associate
CASHIER, CUSTOMER SERVICE, CASH HANDLING (Former Employee), Sand CityMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: No benefits, Low pay
The most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers. I got along with everyone, joked around, just had fun. The hardest part of the job were the managers. They were rude and very bossy. I would be as a cashier most of my time and did a lot of customer service and handling some situations.
They were good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flushing, NYMay 29, 2015
Since I didn't work there not long I did enjoy the people that I worked with. They were ver nice and respectful. So as the customers
Fast pace, very productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 29, 2015
Pros: Always buy the associates lunch and throw parties for special accusations
Cons: short lunch
Great place to work the people are nice and easy to work with. The company as a whole takes care of there employees, there is always an opportunity to move up.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2015
Just a good place to work. You want to know the job you are doing is recognized and appreciated. Good company! There is plenty of opportunity for advancement. A clean friendly place to work. The customers were great.
alright
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), FresnoMay 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management was lazy
alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright alright