Marshalls
1,370 reviews

Marshalls Employer Reviews

Just a part-time job
Employee (Former Employee), 8080 Mall Parkway, Lithonia, GAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay, managers have attitudes, not enough staff
If you are looking for just a job to make a little money, this is the place. The managers are rude and the employees just deal with it. I do not recommend this job as a long time career or any longer than a few months. Don't waste your time and cause any unwanted stress in your life.
Flexible hours, working environment is safe and fun, Managers are approachable and rational.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 11, 2015
I typically start my day making sure that the department where I work in that day is clean and organized. After that, I make sure I greet every customer that comes in the store and make sure they are being attended to with their inquiries. It is ideal to think that you'd get along with you co-workers, but that's not always the case. Therefore, I always try to be very professional in approaching them. My job requires me to work on my feet the whole shift so I think this is one of my challenges. I enjoy meeting new people everyday and I also love seeing regular customers.
A busy place at all times
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: discount on clearance merchandise
Cons: none really
Always busy, never a minute except for lunch time.
Management was great. It was a team atmosphere.
I learned a lot about floor plans and making huge floor moves
Most enjoyable was bringing out the newest merchandise and making it look enticing.
Easy going work place with a few downfalls
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakewood, WAFebruary 10, 2015
The working environment was good and other associates make it fun but as a pt worker there was no job security. I was informed the day of that it was my last day which was quite unexpected and and rude in my opinion. Even though the managers were polite about the whole experience it was an inconvenience that i had no time to prepare for the loss of the job and no time to plan personal situations around such a major change.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Powell, TNFebruary 10, 2015
Marshall`s is a great place to work. But, since the holidays are over I`m not getting the hours I need to support myself and pay bills.
Free lunch for every hollyday
Warehouse Forklift Operator/ Driver (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: sometimes free lunch and coffee
Cons: long shifts
Hard job and to much stupid rules,low pay when start in begin and low rate every year. low respect betwin supervisor and employers.
Productive work place with a variety of peope
Cashier (Former Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: for the busiest days during the holiday season, they would provide us with free meals or snacks.
Cons: scheduling issues
Every time I would go in, punch in my log-in time and go down to the cash registers. I would help out customers there. I learned how to do different types of returns, and a few things to make my customer service better.
not much to say
Sales Associate (Former Employee), smyrnaFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: bad work enviroment
they need to work on the schedule and employees, it's very unorganized and make-shift, nobody is never on time and the work falls on the employees thats been there since that morning...
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Enfield, CTFebruary 6, 2015
Staff and co workers were very friendly and helpful. I worked there during the holiday when it was very busy. I hope I can return to Marshalls for the summer months
Does not treat their long term employees well at all
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Woburn, MAFebruary 5, 2015
No job security, does not care about long term employees. They are canning and/or cutting hours on long term employees who have given everything to this complany and hiring new people at a fraction of the pay.
The customers were always interesting.
MERCHANDISING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Hanford, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Though plenty other people have had better experiences than I did, but for the most part I had issues with management. The scheduling was so inconsistent it was just no way to support myself.
Team work and fun place to be at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: friendly environment, occasional parties
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would be like interacting with customers, helping them with their needs, and satisfying their shopping experience at Marshall's. Co-workers are all friendly and work together as a team to satisfy customers. The hardest part of the job was nothing because if we didn't understand something the mangers or cc-workers would always be kind enough to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was just seeing customers be happy and satisfied with their shopping experience at Marshall's.
my first job
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Cons: part time employees get no benefits no matter how long you have been with the company
marshalls gave me my first work opportunity and also allowed me to continue to grow in the retail world. some days are better than others. you have to deal with all types of customers but i enjoyed dealing with different people, personalities, and attitudes rather if it was co workers or customers. Holidays and days before company visits were always our hardest working days and weeks but we always made it through and celebrated after we successfully handled the seasons. i enjoyed the early morning and mid day shifts. I enjoyed working with all the managers that have came and gone, and the cordinators. Some more than others, but i always respected their position and the authority.
awesome and enjoyable work environment
floater (Current Employee), fort wayne, inFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great rewards, fun employees, free lunches atleast twice a month
Cons: nothing bad to say
my day consists of unwrapping the truck and seeing everything that comes in from day to day. also consists of great customer service and making sure those racks/ shelves are full. since ive been with this company I have learned more to what marshalls has to offer such as product and community. the employees are great but the managers are awesome, so glad I have them to show me how you are to be treated right in the work place. the hardest part of my job is trying to not spend your money on everything you see on the sales floor. the most enjoyable part of my job is talking with all the customers and also helping them out with ideas esp. in the home department.
I really did enjoy working here.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: discounts, and the dinners
Cons: short breaks, not enough staff
I really enjoyed working at this retail store. It was a great environment, I liked working with the staff and management, we wood go on holiday dinners, I also didn't mind there 20% discount on an occasion.
Nice and Quiet
Hanger (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 3, 2015
I worked in the backroom sensoring items awaiting to be placed on the sales floor. It was very little management in the backroom so you must be a trustworthy person to work in the back.
Great customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sebring, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: enjoyable place to work
Cons: no cons
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations. A typical day is very busy. I have the ability to be many places in the store. Gets along great with management. I take direction well and on point. Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others. A team player, high energy level and flexible. The most enjoyable part of this job was the management and working with customers.
back room duties
stockroom assoicate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: leave for break
Cons: not alot of hrs
making sure all the clothes was taking out the boxes so they can be ready to be put on the floor for the next day. making sure everything was moving at a steady past so things can be done in order.
A Great Part Time Job
Cashier/Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), East Providence, RIJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: food parties when enough customers sign up for the tjx card.
Cons: lacking career advancement opportunities.
A typical day could be assisting a customer with finding merchandise, to stocking the floor, cashiering, creating layaway tickets, and maintaining cleanliness of the store. I learned customer service, cash handling, register bag making, and cash ordering procedures.
productive hardworker team player
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee), Hemet, CAJanuary 29, 2015
typical days at work are like down time in action with customers and coworkers.. co-workers haves to find more work to keep daily routine and keep work ethics on point.
management needs more improvement more involved into team workers and acknowledge the parties hard work and dedications. stay consistent with policy
the hardest part of this company is that to keep track on policy if its changed every two months. its hard to work with a team that don't communicate with each others and the whole entire team.. within the marshall (family) its very hard o go branch out when you have unprofessional management present you negative talk to the person whos trying to find better opportunity to better their lifestyle and work ethics here at marshalls there's no opportunities as an part-time worker because there's not enough hours for employment to provide lifestyle. its hard for an part time to promote up to full-time and promote to higher positions, i'm on the search for a new and better opportunities that will appreciate me and my work ethics.. i will miss all customers i've met over the years soon as i find a better and greater employment then (TJX COMP )Marshalls Hemet,Ca

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Photos