Marshalls Employee Reviews

its was a nice environment
Sale Associate (Former Employee), milpitas,caJuly 18, 2015
make sure my task was done and keep myself busy. The management was nice. The customer service i gave was always outstanding
Not a good environment
Mostly Cashier (Former Employee), Barboursville WVJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Work was simple and easy
Cons: bad work environment
The work was alright but the people I worked with were disrespectful. The customers were also disrespectful but that I can live with but working with people that do not respect you I will not do ever again.
Not too demanding, nice first job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lewis Center, OHJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Nice coworkers, above minimum wage pay, two 15 minute breaks and a 45 minute lunch for an 8-hour shift
Cons: Customers, credit card nagging
I'm usually on register every day, which is not too much work. You're constantly asked to get people to sign up for credit cards and pressured, but not punished if you are trying and don't succeed. As long as you're trying your hardest the managers are super nice. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the angry customers and talking someone into the card, but the coworkers are great. Lots of younger people because they hire at 16+. Overall a great place for a first job.
enjoyable for part time
Sales Floor and Stockroom Associate (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: fun loving co-workers
Cons: not enough hours.
a typical day processing in the stockroom. moving damage goods from going on the sales floor. Helping areas that need help.
A nice comfortable atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere, upbeat coworkers like myself, great managers, flexible work schedule.
Cons: none
I would arrive at work 15 minutes early and wait in the staff lounge until my shift started to make sure I was there on time. Sign in, walk to the front and sign in to my register and start ringing up customers and pushing our credit cards at the end of every transaction. This would happen throughout my entire shift until it was closing time we would restock the front of the store and lock up for the night. Management was very kind and flexible with the needs of their employees. The hardest part of the job was working until I was full term always on my feet. Although I was in alot of pain it never showed and I was told I was one of the better workers pregnant or not. I enjoyed working at Marshalls. Everyone was so kind and welcoming I never felt out of place or unwanted and my co workers were more than happy to help me out when I had questions.
Retail is no walk in the park, but this is a good company to work for
Operations Store Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2015
There is nothing fun about working retail. However, this is a good company to work for as they take the time to recognize all levels of associates and promote heavily from within.
Temporary employment
Unloader (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2015
Good job, good hours, good employees. No job security. Seasonal employment. They offered decent benefits and compensation for overtime.
fun and lively enviorment with clothes and different people
Cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
my work day at Marshalls was fun when I first started seeing all the different item of clothing but after a couple of weeks of doing the same thing got a little boring for me...I need a job where I will not get bored with work even if I am ding the same thing over and over again.
Productive and fun place to work
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 8, 2015
*Fun place to work
*I learned to merchandising.
*The managers are very great teacher.
*The hardest thing I had to is be nice to a rude customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with alot of friendly people.
Very nice environment, Great deals, Happy customers
cashier/ customer service (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NV 89123July 7, 2015
Pros: Free food, Nice environment, Great deals
Cons: No benefits for part time employees
Working at Marshalls can be very fun and the employees I work with are always very positive and helpful. There is always some kind of changes going on within the store so I am never bored. The prices you cant beat and we always get compliments on how friendly and helpful we all are. There is always food in the break room which is very nice so I am never starving. I don't ever feel like I am over worked at Marshall's. Seasonal times at Marshall's can get crazy but we always work through the long lines and everyone always walks out with a big smile on their faces. Management is very good about being flexible with the hours they give out and are always providing opportunities for growth in their company.
sucks
Associate (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: getting to go home at the end of the day
Cons: everthing about the work environment
you get other associates work
bad pay
rude managers
hated everything about it
dishonest co-workers and manager
never going back
Great for students
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Mcallen, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Food, Friendly
Cons: Always calling for fill ins
Lenient schedule, easy work, friendly people, and they always have food in the break room. Managers are easy going and understanding.
productive and excellent place to work
Sales Associate (Seasonal/part-time) (Current Employee), charleston, SCJuly 6, 2015
Pros: culture, diversity, ethics, etc.
Cons: returning policy
I love working at Marshalls, I've been here for almost 6 years, seasonally employed. I thank God I have an income and a paycheck every week. Blessed to be still employed.
Kohls has everything
Interim Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 3, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere and environment
Cons: retail hours
Working at Kohls your waredrobe will never be the same. See all the new styles come in and all the new fashions. Work with the public and enjoy the opportunity to grow as an individual.
Warm environment nice people
Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches, breakfast and lunches occasionally provided
Cons: standing for long periods, rude customers, low pay
A typical day at work included arriving early with a smile to warmly greet coworkers and customers alike. There was always something to be done each minute of the day, which almost always had something exciting waiting to happen. I learned to have a great deal of patience and understanding to different situations and personalities; no two are ever alike. I also learned to be accommodating and have a sense of urgency for each situation.Management changed during my tenure which greatly improved the morale of workers productivity, and regained the loyalty of patrons. The hardest part of the job was keeping the sense of urgency while tackling so many different tasks, and the most enjoyable part of the job was making long lasting friendships with coworkers.
Productive Environment Fast paced
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee), Downey, CAJuly 2, 2015
Greeting customers as soon as they step into the business, giving them are fully attention, helping customers find what they desire, making customers feel comfortable in the store. Cashiering experience, sales associate experience.
Retail store
Customer Service (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 1, 2015
A typical day would consist of me showing up for scheduled days and covering assigned area of the store. Was able to gain a sense of customer service qualities.
Very Productive and Helpful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cicero, NYJune 29, 2015
I loved working at Marshalls, the managers and co-workers made it fun and easy to learn everything I needed to know. I learned how to work the register, do exchanges and returns, sign people up for our store credit card, stock shelves, and work in the fitting room. The hardest part of working at Marshalls was probably putting the clothes in the right spot on the floor. It was impossible.
fun workplace and excellent team skills
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Yuma, AZJune 27, 2015
Friendly enviornment,Excellent team players and kind coworkers. Marshalls also has very supportive managers and thee hours are pretty cool
Productive and a Fun place to work
DEPARTMENT CASHIER LAY (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2015
Pros: NICE EMPLOYEES GOOD ENVIRONMENT
Cons: NEED MORE FOOD PLACES AND LOWER PRICES
HELPING IN EACH DEPARTMENT TO ENSURE WE HAVE A SUCCESSFUL WORK DAY... SHOE DEPARTMENT INVENTORY CLEANING STORE RECOVERY LAY-AWAY SALES CUSTOMERS SERVICE TEAM PARTICIPATION