Marshalls
1,457 reviews

Marshalls Employee Reviews

fun, friendly place
laborer (Former Employee), skokie, ilMarch 31, 2015
A day working at marshalls is really fun, and everyone was really nice and caring. i would be working there more but it was to far from my place.
Shoe Lover paradise
Sales associate (Former Employee), Roseville, MNMarch 31, 2015
If you love shoes, then this place will be the one to fulfill your dreams. I've learned how to deal with customers with feet I'd never imagine existed. I one time dealt with a customer that wanted some shoes that would fit size 16! Of course we had some because DSW has a wide variety of shoes, ranging from Italian make to something that came right out our back yard here in MN. I love the work environment because everyone seems so lost in finding their own shoes, it was always a good feeling to help someone find a shoe that they've been looking for a long time. The only part I didn't really like about the job was the long hours of walking and standing without no rest. I mean we did get scheduled breaks, but standing and walking for four hours before a break was quite a feat. That is just me personally. Eventually, once you start working you'll learn how to appreciate the work that your doing.
Semi-Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Livonia, MIMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work consist of pushing new product out to the floor, and stocking the shelves with new product. As a sales associate you are to assist customers with whatever they may need and to ensure that they have a lasting experience. The area that will be assigned to work in varies upon the shift and varies with the work day.
some what productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hartsdale, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: snacks in the store was purchasable
Cons: Short Breaks
I've learned how to deal with customers that didn't have the best attitudes. A typical day was clocking in then attending a register and providing costomer service. The hardest part was trying to get the store fully presentable an hour after closing. The enjoyable part was interacting with customers. Some of the co-works and Managers were rude.
Good place to work for all in all
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: upset customers
typical day is picking up cloths off the floor and putting them back on the rack
answering customer questions and concerns ringing the customers purchases
hardest part is dealing with returns in inmate cloths such as underwear because you have to explain its an non refundable purchase
the only thing I dont like is the your only get 15 minutes for your break
the most enjoyable part is the end of the shift when its almost closing time
Good work environment
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee), Elmont, NYMarch 30, 2015
A typical day involved customer assistance, visual merchandising, replenishing merchandise, assisting the associates, etc.
Management was helpful and had an open door policy. The co-workers were easy to get along with and friendly. I have no complaints about working at Marshalls and enjoyed my time there.
I am simply a cashier
Cashier (Current Employee), boynton beach, floridaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: short breaks
I typical day at work is just coming in, choosing the register I ill be on, start checking out people, or doing their returns, I also hang up lots of clothing as well as distribute the different products on to their departments.
real productive and hestic
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Aventura, FLMarch 29, 2015
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: short breakes
a typical day go to my work zone my department and go as back up cashier the management was good the co-workers where nice to the hardest part was the hour that are to low when it was time to leave and I know that I accomplish everything
Ok workplace for someone who's not looking to advance
Associate (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 29, 2015
You are pushed to almost coerce customers into applying for the store credit card which has an extremely high interest rate and you almost feel compelled to warn the customer about the high interest rate. The pay is no where near the equivalent to the amount of work that they ask of you. You basically do a job that you should be getting paid at least $10.00 per hour for a measly $7.25. The management team is deplorable and could use a lesson in interpersonal skills in how they interact with their associates.
Very Clean place to work, with all types of clothes
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), west caldwell , njMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Lunch breaks with my co- workers
Cons: nothing
I always greet customers with hello ,and goodbye. My Co-workers appreciated my service. The hardest part of the job was leaving, i liked my job very much
Productive and great company to work for.
Key Holder (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 26, 2015
Working with the company gave me a chance to grow I started off with the company as a cashier and eventually became a member of management. They gave me a chance to learn a great deal and receive great trainging.
TJX is a great company to work for and my experience working at Marshalls was unfortunate. After working at TJMaxx the bar was set too high.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAMarch 26, 2015
I experienced rude management and not enough focus on the consumer. There is little opportunity for career advancement within this company.
loveable fast place, very diverse and customer service is at its highest
cashier (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: eye care and some health care
Cons: no commission off credit cards you sale
typical day was cleaning and lots of organizing ringing up costumers and answering phones. sometimes physical work with lifting boxes or putting fixers down or putting them up. When it was around the holidays i would train new hires . I loved my co workers they were welcoming and some of the management could be better. The most enjoyable thing was meeting so many different people from over the world and becoming great in customer service. The hardest part or the job for me was getting to San Francisco because i lived in a different city at the time
very productive place
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), decatur, GaMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere and empolyees
Marshalls was a very routinely day to day environment of constants workflow. workers where nice and very knowledgeable and willing to teach temp
Busy
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 25, 2015
Pros: A paycheck
Cons: The pay
Might have been a good company to work for but for the poor culture within the store. A typical day included working so hard you often wondered what you were doing there. The pay did not equal the work expected. Poor communication with and from management. You never saw the store manager unless there was a problem. The assistant manager for my department was great. A lot of issues possibly due to such a high turn over of employees. I learned that no matter how hard you work, there are people out there willing to screw you over. My co-workers were great. Many of them students just trying to make it. The hardest part of the job was hearing the complaints from my co-workers. It was a pretty negative environment. After so long, it became hard to ignore and you start to get sucked in to the negativity of it all. It was time to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job came when you helped someone (customer or co-worker).
A great job to earn more experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXMarch 24, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Marshalls, the employees, management, and regular customers. I enjoyed it being seasonal because I enjoy staying busy and meeting all the new people. The experience was positive and I learned so much. Especially in stocking and sales and even credit card accounts. The hardest part was probably when customers got upset. The most enjoyable part for me was getting credit for all my good work from management. An awesome experience overall.
Friendly work place. A family felt enviornment
Customer Service Assoc (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 23, 2015
Pros: plenty of hours, close to home, good work enviornment
Cons: store didn't do much busness
A typical work day I would clock in and head to the dressing room. I would check the dressing room for any clothes on the floor or any clutter that needs to be cleaned. I would assist any customer that needed to try on clothes.

I didn't really learn alot of new things a this job but I felt like the whole store was something like a family. My Manager, Kim, was awesome. Super friendly and always professional. My co- workers were hillarious. They kept me laughing and made the wok day fun.

The hardest part of my job was inventory week were we hard to count/inventory/and sensor every item of clothing.

The best part of my job was the times that Kim bought the entire store lunch.
Good benefits, Union representation, Paid days off.
selector (Current Employee), Bridgewater, VAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management expectations constently changing.
Marshalls is a company that for the benefits is not a bad place to work. As for job expectations the job itself is not hard to learn or do, its the supervision that is sometimes hard to work with. The co-workers are mostly easy to get along with, there's always a few that you learn to avoid, but that's mostly every where you go. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the changes that are constantly being implemented. The most enjoyable part is the time off you earn with years of serves and time that is given at the beginning of each year.
posotive work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 22, 2015
I would start my shift then tend to the floor helping customers and also restocking products and putting products in their designated areas. When a lot of customers would come into the store i would also help on the cash register or customer service handling returns and other customer problems.
productive
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMarch 21, 2015
Pros: certificate, discounts
Cons: short breaks
here at this job was an eye opener it tauhgt me how to be a team player, customer service skills and how to multitask. my manager was a nice person but at the same time at times she wasn't understanding. The coworkers here were excellent team players we all helped each other. the hardest part about this job nothing.
The enjoyable thing about this job it taught me different skills each day

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Salaries

Sales Associate
Cashier
Cashier/Sales
Sales Associate/Customer Service
$8.25 per hour
Customer Service Associate/Cashier

Marshalls Photos

The Holidays at Marshalls  2014 (me)