1,313 reviews

Marshalls Employer Reviews

Marshalls Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harlingen TXJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at marshalls was getting in at my assigned hour and depending on when that was i would either be setting up displays or helping to pick up the sales floor for the evening. I learned how to work a register and how to set up displays. There were several managers and all worked together. All of the associates worked together to get the job done and helped each other on the sales floor. Processing merchandise was probably to most difficult as it required the truck to be emptied and have all the merchandise to be priced and censored. I enjoyed being able to be a part of the workflow of a retail distribution.
Enjoyable Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be cool , calm and collective. The employees were all trained well . Everybody did their job , we worked as a team. The management was great ! I loved this job. Very flexible.
fun work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 7, 2015
it was fun seeing the eagerness to see people in and shop there were some slow days but overall it was a good experience never had any complants wish i had more time working there employees were great always had a positive attitude and seeing the customers satisfied was the main important thing.
Routine work, management needs some work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hackettstown, NJJanuary 7, 2015
Management was always changing and inconsistent with what they wanted for their employees, which made the work environment a bit hostile.
Sebring FL location only
None (Current Employee), Sebring FlJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: it is a job
Cons: poor scheduling, ignored time off and unavailable times. no feedback.
Poor management- hides in office when need to show good role modeling.store can be swamped with customers and workers cannot keep up yet managers sit in the office doing who knows what. I can't imagaine there is over 160 hours a week in paperwork for corporate 4 managers x 40 hour) No training. Favoritism . Promotes those who are undeserving and unqualified. At least one one the management teem is vindictive And lazy and lies to others about workers with no reprimand . Favorited have their cells phone on their person during working hours and use them. Schedules altered after posted.
Food served to employees I'd left out unprotected which could cause food poisoning .
Management needs to get professional. District should make surprise visits and look at individual employees to find the undeserving and should look hard at the manager and performance- not just the numbers coming out of the store. Pay is poor and a pass out during orientation is made like a newsletter giving information on how to get government aid because they know they do not pay enough to put food on the table yet the CEO is paid over 20 million a year. The information is given out making it look like it is TJX's benefit programs.
a workplace for teens
Sales associate (Former Employee), MinnesotaJanuary 5, 2015
my typical work day is me coming in and getting started on activities my supervisor wants me to do I learned on how to deal with people the management there is very well above. my co-workers are very friendly we treat everyone like family the hardest part of the job was getting the customers what they need if it wasn't in our store I enjoyed meeting new people and working in a diverse culture.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: was hired seasonal
was hired for seasonal. not bad place to work for extra cash. not gaurenteed any hours. easy work.
Productive and consistent work environment
Stock/Sales (Former Employee), Niles, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: scheduling
Cons: management
Difficulties with scheduling but, friendly employees. It was nice to work with the people I met there and it got busy frequently so scheduling was not great which generated difficult shifts.
okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2015
This was my high school job. In the beginning I enjoyed it because of my co-workers. But after the change of the management, a lot of people got fired and I did not enjoy work anymore. The environment became serious. No more joy and having an actual connection with the customers.
Great environment and a positive culture.
Loss Prevention Detective (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Marshalls is a great company with a straight-forward Loss Prevention department. I've learned how to verbally gain compliance from shoplifters as well as network with local law enforcement to help close large ORC (organized retail crime) cases. Furthermore, I've learned how to initiate and investigate internal theft cases as well as protect company assets through varies means of shrink control.
What I learned
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Meridian, IDJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: they brought food
Cons: they pay isn't that good
I learned how to be confident in my work.
Customer Service
How to talk to people
How important Customer Service reflects on the company
typical retail b.s.
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: drawings for gift cards
Cons: no loyalty to good employees
I am being generous giving this job two stars.

No training, no advancement, scarce hours and unrealistic expectations.

Completely ignored two requests to transfer to a store closer to where I live.
good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXDecember 31, 2014
nice environment and nice employees. management was also very helpful
Marshalls review
Cashier (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 31, 2014
Ive learned how to deal with customers and the value of giving them great customer service.
Coordinator/Instructor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 31, 2014
Marshalls was one of my favorite jobs I had. The management was great, the work environment was awesome, employees I worked with were all so diverse, interesting and inviting. My day consist of unloading the truck and pushing it out to the sales floor. Having to coordinate where all the merchandise was to go and direct my people on where it would go or fit. I learned to be a leader and take charge.
Really cares about their employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee), D'Iberville, MSDecember 30, 2014
I have heard that not all stores are the same, but I lucked out with our team in D'iberville. A wonderful management team keeps a serious, but light-hearted atmosphere. There is plenty of encouragement to do well and incentive to do so. There are always contests and store-wide events i.e. Pajama day, Pie day, Potluck.

They work with my school schedule, and though I am trying to get out of retail, I will be sad to leave this store.
Marshalls
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 26, 2014
Pros: free food, gift cards
Cons: not enough hours, management not directive
Fast pace, lots of people
How to move very quickly with anything that needs to be done
Not very good management
Co- workers awesome
Breaking down the truck
Gifts cards
Productive fast paste
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: breaks, customer service experience
Working at Marshals included assisting customers and collaborating with employees.The location was not far from my home.Very friendly people.Supervisors were very helpful.Co workers were really nice.The location was around a lot of shopping areas.
Productive workplace
Retail Associate (Former Employee), PADecember 22, 2014
Pros: the discount on the clothes
Cons: nothing
I loved the associates there , everybody was nice . Understandable .
Do Not Support Military
Key Carrier (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 22, 2014
Cons: doesn't support the military
Marshalls, a TJX company, does not support its employees and doesn't allow for a work life/personal life balance. They also do not support military families and will not allow you time off to see your military family. As a key carrier, you are required to have open availability which doesn't allow you to be sick or have any time off from work.

About Marshalls

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Marshalls Photos