Marshfield Clinic Employee Reviews

great coworkers, horrible managers
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 7, 2017
Coworkers were awesome to work with, cant say the same for managers. Never on your side, hard to go to them for advice when they turn around and blame ut on you. Its pretty sad when youre afraid to go to your managers when you know they'll turn it around on you.
Pros
worked with awesome doctors and medical assistants
Cons
managers
Very poor working environment. Very much a clique environment.
Neurology Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 6, 2017
Poor management. Job security was at a minimum. Unacceptable expectations. Hardest part of the job, meeting unrealistic expectations of management and patients.
Benefits
Cons
Management and how they handled situations.
The job was very nicely managed
Dressing Room Attendant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 29, 2017
I truly enjoyed working there. It was a place that I have always wanted to work, since I was 15 years old. Working at the front desk, and helping the patients was the highlight of my day. I truly enjoyed coming to work.
Fun fast paced changing environment
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJuly 26, 2017
Responsible for cleaning offices, exam rooms, patients rooms, offices, all in a timely manner, paying attention to detail. Will have interaction with staff, and patients.
Pros
Interaction with patients
Cons
Weekend work
Horrible Management; NOT patient-focused
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 13, 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at this center. Management is terrible, they bully and lie and don't care about their team mates or departments. They favor certain people and if you ever stand up for yourself they will punish you for it. They don't want people who have any input, they want you to be a robot. No breaks. Rarely get time off if part time; rules apply to some but not to others. I loved my co-workers in my department, but management was the worst I have ever seen.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Management, No breaks, Doesn't care about employees
Good place to work in general.
ex employee (Former Employee) –  marshfield, clinixMay 14, 2017
Few miss communications, but overall not terrible place to work for. Only cons are this job took a very long time for interview, to start date process. For a company so big they likely loose lots of qualified candidates due to the slow process. And pay could also be better.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
low pay, long hiring process, lacking benifits
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 12, 2017
I am a hard worker. Have reference from surgeon I currrently work for. He is relocating. I am very reliable and responsible. I take great pride in treating pts and I work well with others.
Amazing work place with comfortable work enviroment
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 1, 2017
A typical day at work was always busy. Calls and appointments coming in every 2- 5 minutes. The teamwork was absolutely amazing, if you were stressing, someone was always there to help out. The hardest part would be when days were slow and you were waiting for work to come. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help patients and get that hands on experience of working with people.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Short staffed in some areas
Office space in a very cold warehouse
Health Information Management/scanner/indexer (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIApril 7, 2017
Multiple legal documents that need to be reviewed, scanned and indexed daily. Not bad work but work conditions and pay are not up to par.

Very cold and not being paid for the job that I am doing.
Pros
Cons
bad benefits, cold all the time, adding more work responsibility and not increase in pay
Great pay
Psychiatric Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 17, 2017
This was a great place to work but I had to leave when funding in mental health was cut. I would have had to transfer out of my department and I didn't want to leave the mental health field.
Excellent organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 16, 2017
An excellent organization with outstanding physicians. Management was strong and excellent work ethic among coworkers. Managers were strong and patient focused.
Pros
Excellent work life balance
Cons
pay was on the low side and community was small for us.
great place to work
Team Leader-Cardiac/Vascular Lab (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 13, 2017
Marshfield Clinic is undergoing major changes currently, but maintains very high standards. Very good company morale. Employees are highly valued and patient care is always first!
Good Benefits and Competitive Salary
IRB Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 3, 2017
Overall the Clinic is not that the most difficult to work for. Management had changed many times in my department during the time I was there. Micro-management was a daily occurrence making you feel uptight and nervous with your work constantly being under scrutiny. There were many employees jobs being eliminated at the time I left. There were pay freezes for a period of time with no cost of living increase but insurances costs increasing each year.
Pros
Great Benefits, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Micro-management, commmorady was not allowed
Great place to work.
Physician Assistant - Urology (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 23, 2017
Marshfield Clinic offers a good work environment with excellent support staff. It is currently expanding and offers outstanding care and modern facilities for our patients. Patient care and customer service is their priority. Marshfield is a small but growing community which is conducive to raising a family.
Pros
Comfortable, work environment; up to date facility
Cons
Cold winters.
Excellent experience working with management.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 20, 2017
I truly enjoyed my position as administrative secretary at Marshfield Clinic for 5 years. I first worked for the Legal and the Employee Health and Safety Departments for 3 years and then took an offer to work at various clinics for 3 managers. I traveled to various sites and assisted with coordinating meetings, orientations. I truly gained managerial experience working with three managers and an Administrator, all with different managerial styles. I had excellent relationships with all personnel. The last year I was there, I worked near Human Resources and the Administration office. My hours were unexpectedly reduced to 24 hours/week due to cutbacks. I was fortunate enough to be kept on part-time as others were cut completely. I only left as I found full-time employment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Travel
Being a Physical Therapy Aide is rewarding.
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Woodruff, WIFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoy my co-workers and where I work. I am responsible to make sure the patients are brought to a room or equipment in a timely manner. I keep the flow of patients moving to keep the whole department running efficiently. I feel very rewarded when the patients are doing better from coming to see us for therapy. The are so very grateful and happy, which makes us all happy.
Pros
Good Benefits. Great Co-Workers
Cons
Just average pay scale. Long drive to work
Great place to develop skills.
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 6, 2017
Positives: Work setting, equipment, environment, tons of available resources, skill development, educational development, real-world experience, transferrable job experience.
Cons: none.
Great Management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minocqua, WIJanuary 26, 2017
I really felt like I had great managers in my department who were willing to work with you and really listen. Coworkers were always friendly, and it's a positive environment.
You are always replacanle and never given a chance to explain yourself
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJanuary 15, 2017
My employment was terminated without even a thought. I was not given a chance to explain, wasn't given a warning or a second chance, just terminated! The other party who was just as involved in the "incident" still has a job and just got a slap on the wrist. Employees not treated fairly!
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Management and HR. Treated like a kindergartener but expected to do everything for Marshfield!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 15, 2017
Overall good place to work. There was no typical day in my role as an administrative assistant. I learned about the many facets of how the Marshfield Clinic functioned while working for various departments in my 34 years there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshfield Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9