Marshfield Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

fast paced
Arrhythmia Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIMay 17, 2016
fast paced work environment, potential for growth. Left the position to further education and knowledge. Would recommend Aspirus to other RN s. Work schedule is varied with shift work necessary.
Subrogation Recovery Specialist
Subrogation Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 26, 2016
Collaborating with Insurance co., atttorneys, and member(s) concerns, related to reimbursement policies.. Improvement with Excell knowledge and verbulage. My coworkers were wonderful to work with, they were my resource people. I learned a new face of the Insurance process. Working each case, as individual as our members.
Pros
flexible schedule, team work atmosphere, very good benefits, the ability to get positive satisfaction with everyone(s) concerns i
Cons
n/a
Horrible management
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMarch 11, 2016
Awful company to work for. To save money, Marshfield Clinic cut 60% (yes, 60%) of their management. This means the remaining managers had to take on more departments, it's impossible for them to appropriately manage ANYONE!
We were told breaks weren't mandatory, but a privealge.... One of my co-workers was told she couldn't go to an in-laws funeral....another co-worker had an emergency regarding her child and called in, she was told she couldn't call in and she'd be punished if she did..... we were all told to be available, basically on-call, without being compensated for it. When this was brought up with HR, my managers claimed we weren't ever told to be available.
The ONLY good thing is the 11% pension for vested employees, one of my managers actually said that is the only reason anyone works there!!
Pros
Pension
Cons
Everythung else
Caring, fun to work with person, who loves to work with and care for people of all ages. Also love to work with animals.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 29, 2016
I loved the group I worked with. We all had respect for one another. We all worked as a team, and we all got along well. I loved working for the Clinic in the 17 years I worked in the ENT specialty Department. The Physicians and staff were a joy to work with.
Pros
Being off on weekends, Holidays, and every Wednesday
Cons
Sometimes we did not get a break.
Fun yet no advancement in future
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 11, 2016
Fun place with great coworkers. Although i had some great coworkers there was no advancement in my future. Then due to high healthcare costs positions were eliminated and mine was one of them unfortunately.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
Short breaks
Clinic Work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 28, 2016
It is a great place to work. Everyone gets along well and is ready to help whenever possible. I take care of patients needing imaging done. I enjoyed being able to help patients feel better.
Pros
Co-workers, Patients
Cons
Hours
Look forward to going to work everyday.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 16, 2016
Very professional work environment and patient care is exceptional. Very skilled team work environment. Providing care, safe environment and showing sincere empathy for patients are the focused goals. Rooming patient and recording vitals. Drawing blood for lab work. Administering injections as needed. Triaging 25-35 calls per day. Knowing that I provide care and help patients everyday is so rewarding. Supporting my coworkers and knowing that I can either make decisions on my own, or rely on my coworkers to help me in work situations.
Pros
Providing exceptional patient care.
Cons
Challenges in making 100 percent of the patients happy.
Work from home
Medical Transcriptionist (telecommute) (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed that I was able to work from home for this position. The last time around working for them, I was scheduled to work every weekend - that was not a plus as it did not fit well with my family.
Position did not advance
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  North Central WIOctober 7, 2015
Hired on for same day walk in. Was to advance to own panel of patients. Did not occur. Minimal orientation-shadowed for one week. Additional 3 weeks with preceptor though not consistently. Most of time on own after first week. Notes continually criticized even though "approved" by physician preceptor.
Pros
Great MA's and RN's
Cons
Poor physician support
Fun Place
Specimen Processor/Lab Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 3, 2015
good place to work fast paced liked the people enjoyed the hours of oppression looked at work as a good healthy environment people cared and enjoyed coming to work
Pros
hours of operation
Cons
no room for growth

Want to know more about Marshfield Clinic?

Ask a question
Fun department
Vascular Sonography Intern - Clinical Training (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WISeptember 23, 2015
Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. I learned a lot from the techs that work there. Very busy department most of the time.
Nice Place to work!
Appointment Coordinator - Internal Med, Ped & UC (Former Employee) –  Minocqua, WISeptember 20, 2015
Nice place to work. Very nice work environment, great coworkers. Working in the clinical setting changes are always happening, which is one of the reasons I really enjoyed my position.
shot clinic
Primary Pediatrics, Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 5, 2015
was wonderful and resourcful for all employers to learn and educate themselves about the infectous diseases. Live vaccines and non vaccines to prevent illnesses.
I really enjoy greeting the patients and helping them.
Receptionist, Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WisconsinJuly 9, 2015
Everyday is something new, you meet new faces, see repeat faces, you might even have a new physician walk past that you have never met before. Having a few laughs with co-workers sometimes makes the moment funny. Management is very friendly but sometimes does not understand the full part of all of our jobs, seems we need more staff to run our department successful and we are cut very short. No room for anyone to call is sick. The struggles of a day, is when a patient is upset about the new signs through out the clinic, and they yell at the first person they talk to. This is very difficult, but I greet them with a warm smile and turn the situation into a better one, and the patients then seem to understand and are happy and thankful.
Benefits
Cons
Short Staffed
productive rewarding
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls WiJune 18, 2015
Very busy and challenging at times but to make an appointment for someone that is in pain with a toothache and that made that day makes my day. The other workers were willing to help answer a question or help schedule. Hardest part of the job is when you have to turn away a patient to full to take them.
Pros
working with people/customers
Cons
turning away patients
below average wages for experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 30, 2015
worked 40 plus- hours a week,
learned management skills
enjoyed interacting with staff and patients
constantly changing environment in an unstable market
benefits
Cons
on call demands, hostile management in recnet years
excellent learning experience
Licensed Practical Nurse/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 23, 2015
My 7+ years with Marshfield clinic was a nightmare I try not to think about. I stopped wearing make up during my employment with MC because I cryed frequently....I was treated like dirt.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Management leaves a lot to be desired
Nice working environment
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIApril 3, 2015
Great place to work when starting a career in medicine. Staff as well as physicians go out of their way to ensure that staff are properly trained to a very high standard. When it comes to training its all on the job training followed up by learning sessions with physicians and senior techs.
Pros
Great training opportunities.
Cons
low cenus means when there are no procedures you don't work
Wonderful place to work.
Internal Medicine Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIMarch 1, 2015
I am currently working with excellent colleagues. I am enjoying my position and have wonderful support here.
My typical day is seeing folks on a follow up basis as well as same day visits. Acute and chronic illnesses that are part of an Internal Medicine Practice.
Accomplished in EMR work.
Pros
intelligent organization.
Cons
i just wish to relocate.
Was a wonderful group to be in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 29, 2015
Job was a long time ago. Did calendars but this was before Outlook. Done all on paper. Management was wonderful. Co-workers were easy to work with. Learned a lot about a very large clinic. Hardest part was numerous turnover of other admin. loved all the people I worked with.
Pros
visibility to clinic managers and physicians
Cons
lots of walking between numorous buildings (winter)