Marshfield Clinic

Marshfield Clinic Employee Reviews

I really enjoy greeting the patients and helping them.
Receptionist, Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee), Marshfield, WisconsinJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Short Staffed
Everyday is something new, you meet new faces, see repeat faces, you might even have a new physician walk past that you have never met before. Having a few laughs with co-workers sometimes makes the moment funny. Management is very friendly but sometimes does not understand the full part of all of our jobs, seems we need more staff to run our department successful and we are cut very short. No room for anyone to call is sick. The struggles of a day, is when a patient is upset about the new signs through out the clinic, and they yell at the first person they talk to. This is very difficult, but I greet them with a warm smile and turn the situation into a better one, and the patients then seem to understand and are happy and thankful.
productive rewarding
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee), Chippewa Falls WiJune 18, 2015
Pros: working with people/customers
Cons: turning away patients
Very busy and challenging at times but to make an appointment for someone that is in pain with a toothache and that made that day makes my day. The other workers were willing to help answer a question or help schedule. Hardest part of the job is when you have to turn away a patient to full to take them.
below average wages for experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIMay 30, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: on call demands, hostile management in recnet years
worked 40 plus- hours a week,
learned management skills
enjoyed interacting with staff and patients
constantly changing environment in an unstable market
excellent learning experience
Licensed Practical Nurse/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Wausau, WIMay 23, 2015
Pros: Weekends off
Cons: Management leaves a lot to be desired
My 7+ years with Marshfield clinic was a nightmare I try not to think about. I stopped wearing make up during my employment with MC because I cryed frequently....I was treated like dirt.
Nice working environment
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIApril 3, 2015
Pros: Great training opportunities.
Cons: low cenus means when there are no procedures you don't work
Great place to work when starting a career in medicine. Staff as well as physicians go out of their way to ensure that staff are properly trained to a very high standard. When it comes to training its all on the job training followed up by learning sessions with physicians and senior techs.
Wonderful place to work.
Internal Medicine Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Rice Lake, WIMarch 1, 2015
Pros: intelligent organization.
Cons: i just wish to relocate.
I am currently working with excellent colleagues. I am enjoying my position and have wonderful support here.
My typical day is seeing folks on a follow up basis as well as same day visits. Acute and chronic illnesses that are part of an Internal Medicine Practice.
Accomplished in EMR work.
Was a wonderful group to be in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: visibility to clinic managers and physicians
Cons: lots of walking between numorous buildings (winter)
Job was a long time ago. Did calendars but this was before Outlook. Done all on paper. Management was wonderful. Co-workers were easy to work with. Learned a lot about a very large clinic. Hardest part was numerous turnover of other admin. loved all the people I worked with.
Secretarial Support for Oncology
Oncology Research Secretary (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIJanuary 8, 2015
Multiple recurring meeting scheduling in both Outlook and Provider Profile Software; Taking meeting minutes; creating memo's; creating spreadsheets, troubleshooting office equipment; ordering supplies; requesting check reimbursements; and other miscellaneous requests.
Excellent
LPN (Current Employee), Rhinelander, WIDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great co- workers
Cons: hard to find
Great place to work. Great management.
Great place to learn. Hardest part is you have many roles and they change frequently.
A job that has good benefits
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Marshfield, WINovember 9, 2014
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: not flexible work hours
I love having a close relationship with co-workers and patient's. I wish we had different hours. I'm a good teamwork co-worker. The hardest part of the job is losing patient's. I've learned that even though we lose a lot of patient's getting to help them through their journey is rewarding.
hostile working environment; anti-fun; poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Rice Lake, WISeptember 21, 2014
Pros: it's a job...
Cons: poor management, high patient to staff ratio
I worked at Marshfield Clinic for over three years and it continued to worsen- just when you think things couldn't possibly get worse, they did! Pay freezes, poor management that does not want any input from lowly workers, horrible patient to staff ratios. Most staff were severely overworked; catastrophe waiting to happen
management needs help
Medical Assistant/ Deptarment Float (Former Employee), Marshfield, WISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: decent pay, good co workers
Cons: management, politics, inconsistency
Really loved most of my co workers, but the management never knew what was going on between then, very inconsistent and terrible open door policy. Always felt if you didn't brown nose, you were in trouble for something.
Dental Assistant
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Rice Lake, WIAugust 18, 2014
A typical day included setting up and tearing down ops to work with patients. Set ups included anything from a basic exam to a root canal or a crown. Working with women could get tiresome because of the drama, however many times it worked out well. I learned how to manage a schedule and how to work well with people that I did not care for outside of work.
Very stressful with all the current changes.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIAugust 4, 2014
Everything is timed and monitored hourly. I loved typing for the different departments but difficult with all the changes in last five years.
Anatomic Pathology Transcriptionist/Secretary (Current Employee), Marshfield, WIJune 12, 2014
Good co-workers, they are always there if you need help. There are always changes which is good for personal and professional experience.
Mission oriented but leadership between service lines is inconsistent.
CENTER MANAGER (Former Employee), Chippewa FallsJune 9, 2014
Pros: patient focus
Cons: management inconsistency.
Felt valued in the beginning and advanced through the system. Later on, the management culture was challenging.
Good health care facilty
Referral Center Representative (Current Employee), Marshfield, WIJune 8, 2014
Pros: staff that care about their patients needs
Cons: to many budget cuts that let the staff that care go
Good people that care about their patients. I enjoy working at the Marshfield clinic, the medical field is growing and they are trying to keep up with the bigger facilities in the state. Unfortunately this results in budget cuts which lead to staff cuts. It is hard to "keep up with the Jones" if there are not enough "Jones" to do the work or you spread them too thin.
Employer needs to focus more on quality than quantity
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee), Marshfield, WIJune 4, 2014
Fellow employees were great but management needs to focus a little less on the production part of the job and more on the quality of work done.
Loved my Job, It was so rewarding.
Appointment Coordinator - Family Practice (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIMay 12, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: sad situations
The work day started out with different circumstance's daily, and you learned more everyday . I learned so much about the medical industry, which is important to me and it is an interesting career. Management were honest and cared about the patients and co-workers. My co-workers where like a another family, lots of teamwork and respect. The hardest thing about my job was working
with very sick people, because you come attached to patients and you feel there pain and grief. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people, you connect yourself with the families, and you bond relationships, that they want to come back to the clinic.
Excellent Co Workers
Senior Sterile Products Technician (Former Employee), Rice Lake, WIMay 11, 2014
: Monitor daily operations; aseptically prepare parenteral injections and infusion fluids for patient use in various departments throughout the Clinic System, under the direct supervision (in person or televideo) of a Pharmacist.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of codes, policies and procedures.
• Training of new employees (pharmacists and technicians)/ orientation of new employees
• Daily clerical duties; filing, faxing, emailing, charting, reconciling orders placed/received
• Tabulates daily charges; orders placed/received
• Answers telephones and takes messages
• Records quality control information
• Orders and restocks supplies as required, maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the pharmacy
• Coordinates workflow with supervising pharmacist(s)
• Completion of all required computer based training
• Travel to other sights in the Marshfield Clinic system to provide coverage/training when needed.

1 2 3 4