Marshfield Clinic Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 16, 2017
As my first job out of tech college i learned a lot along the way. I was trained in many different areas. Learned many different computer systems. Co workers were fantastic. We tended to have monthly pot lucks. The physicians were very easy to work with. My job was eliminated due to downsizing at the time. I was sad to leave but realize now it was what was meant to be. I am in a different place now and continue to love my job.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Job was eliminated
Mixed feelings
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WISeptember 11, 2017
After having been in my position for 15 years my compensation is very fair but inconsistent management is a challenge. Sometimes feel our feedback doesn't count, is ignored.
Pros
Fair benefits package
Cons
Certain departments are inconsistent with how they are managed, feel suggestions/input falls on deaf ears/ignored.
productive, worked as a team, approachable physicians
LPN (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 3, 2017
Marshfield Clinic is a wonderful company to work. I was on short term disability and the administration was extremely understanding.
I loved my job and was very proud to say I worked there. I admired the Pulmonologist, RT, and team.
Pros
knowledgable staff. team work
Cons
different physician speeds
Appointment Coordinator
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 1, 2017
Customer Service, Check in patients, Provide information to the patient regarding their visit, Made follow up appointments, took cash payments and took co-payments depending on the visit. Completed and set up charts for the doctor, Answered phones, Used Fax, and printer. I learned how to complete form reviews, different culture and religion values, and the flow of Work compensation. The management was lacking. My boss was let go and new management took over. The work place culture most people got along but a lot of competition between the ladies. The most enjoyable parts are the friendships and relationships you make with your fellow customers during your work experience.
Pros
Good benefits, payed time off, and great friends
Cons
Lack of management and competition
Great Co-workers, so-so Management
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, COA (Current Employee) –  Minocqua, WIAugust 29, 2017
My co-workers and most of the Doctors at the clinic are great to work with. But management has a tendency to overlook the few Doctors that are abusive to their staff because of the money they are bringing in. They would rather lose the entire tech staff- (which they have almost done here) than lose the money that troublemaker brings in.

This is sad because they preach one line of caring for the welfare of patients and staff and then look away when lower level staff are mistreated.
Pros
Great co-workers and patients, nice facilities, good pay for the area, most of the Doctors are wonderful.
Cons
Management that looks the other way when issues arise with abusive Physicians.
great coworkers, horrible managers
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 7, 2017
Coworkers were awesome to work with, cant say the same for managers. Never on your side, hard to go to them for advice when they turn around and blame ut on you. Its pretty sad when youre afraid to go to your managers when you know they'll turn it around on you.
Pros
worked with awesome doctors and medical assistants
Cons
managers
Very poor working environment. Very much a clique environment.
Neurology Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 6, 2017
Poor management. Job security was at a minimum. Unacceptable expectations. Hardest part of the job, meeting unrealistic expectations of management and patients.
Benefits
Cons
Management and how they handled situations.
The job was very nicely managed
Dressing Room Attendant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 29, 2017
I truly enjoyed working there. It was a place that I have always wanted to work, since I was 15 years old. Working at the front desk, and helping the patients was the highlight of my day. I truly enjoyed coming to work.
Fun fast paced changing environment
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJuly 26, 2017
Responsible for cleaning offices, exam rooms, patients rooms, offices, all in a timely manner, paying attention to detail. Will have interaction with staff, and patients.
Pros
Interaction with patients
Cons
Weekend work
Horrible Management; NOT patient-focused
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 13, 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at this center. Management is terrible, they bully and lie and don't care about their team mates or departments. They favor certain people and if you ever stand up for yourself they will punish you for it. They don't want people who have any input, they want you to be a robot. No breaks. Rarely get time off if part time; rules apply to some but not to others. I loved my co-workers in my department, but management was the worst I have ever seen.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Management, No breaks, Doesn't care about employees
Medical Office Setting
Health Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 19, 2017
Conducting health surveys over the phone and via mail. Assisting people with navigating through the health care system. This is a great place to work.
Good place to work in general.
ex employee (Former Employee) –  marshfield, clinixMay 14, 2017
Few miss communications, but overall not terrible place to work for. Only cons are this job took a very long time for interview, to start date process. For a company so big they likely loose lots of qualified candidates due to the slow process. And pay could also be better.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
low pay, long hiring process, lacking benifits
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 12, 2017
I am a hard worker. Have reference from surgeon I currrently work for. He is relocating. I am very reliable and responsible. I take great pride in treating pts and I work well with others.
Amazing work place with comfortable work enviroment
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 1, 2017
A typical day at work was always busy. Calls and appointments coming in every 2- 5 minutes. The teamwork was absolutely amazing, if you were stressing, someone was always there to help out. The hardest part would be when days were slow and you were waiting for work to come. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help patients and get that hands on experience of working with people.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Short staffed in some areas
Office space in a very cold warehouse
Health Information Management/scanner/indexer (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIApril 7, 2017
Multiple legal documents that need to be reviewed, scanned and indexed daily. Not bad work but work conditions and pay are not up to par.

Very cold and not being paid for the job that I am doing.
Pros
Cons
bad benefits, cold all the time, adding more work responsibility and not increase in pay
Great pay
Psychiatric Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 17, 2017
This was a great place to work but I had to leave when funding in mental health was cut. I would have had to transfer out of my department and I didn't want to leave the mental health field.
Excellent organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 16, 2017
An excellent organization with outstanding physicians. Management was strong and excellent work ethic among coworkers. Managers were strong and patient focused.
Pros
Excellent work life balance
Cons
pay was on the low side and community was small for us.
great place to work
Team Leader-Cardiac/Vascular Lab (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 13, 2017
Marshfield Clinic is undergoing major changes currently, but maintains very high standards. Very good company morale. Employees are highly valued and patient care is always first!
Good Benefits and Competitive Salary
IRB Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 3, 2017
Overall the Clinic is not that the most difficult to work for. Management had changed many times in my department during the time I was there. Micro-management was a daily occurrence making you feel uptight and nervous with your work constantly being under scrutiny. There were many employees jobs being eliminated at the time I left. There were pay freezes for a period of time with no cost of living increase but insurances costs increasing each year.
Pros
Great Benefits, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Micro-management, commmorady was not allowed
Great place to work.
Physician Assistant - Urology (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 23, 2017
Marshfield Clinic offers a good work environment with excellent support staff. It is currently expanding and offers outstanding care and modern facilities for our patients. Patient care and customer service is their priority. Marshfield is a small but growing community which is conducive to raising a family.
Pros
Comfortable, work environment; up to date facility
Cons
Cold winters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshfield Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9