Marshfield Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible management
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMarch 11, 2016
Awful company to work for. To save money, Marshfield Clinic cut 60% (yes, 60%) of their management. This means the remaining managers had to take on more departments, it's impossible for them to appropriately manage ANYONE!
We were told breaks weren't mandatory, but a privealge.... One of my co-workers was told she couldn't go to an in-laws funeral....another co-worker had an emergency regarding her child and called in, she was told she couldn't call in and she'd be punished if she did..... we were all told to be available, basically on-call, without being compensated for it. When this was brought up with HR, my managers claimed we weren't ever told to be available.
The ONLY good thing is the 11% pension for vested employees, one of my managers actually said that is the only reason anyone works there!!
Pros
Pension
Cons
Everythung else
Subrogation Recovery Specialist
Subrogation Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 26, 2016
Collaborating with Insurance co., atttorneys, and member(s) concerns, related to reimbursement policies.. Improvement with Excell knowledge and verbulage. My coworkers were wonderful to work with, they were my resource people. I learned a new face of the Insurance process. Working each case, as individual as our members.
Pros
flexible schedule, team work atmosphere, very good benefits, the ability to get positive satisfaction with everyone(s) concerns i
Cons
n/a
I really enjoy greeting the patients and helping them.
Receptionist, Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WisconsinJuly 9, 2015
Everyday is something new, you meet new faces, see repeat faces, you might even have a new physician walk past that you have never met before. Having a few laughs with co-workers sometimes makes the moment funny. Management is very friendly but sometimes does not understand the full part of all of our jobs, seems we need more staff to run our department successful and we are cut very short. No room for anyone to call is sick. The struggles of a day, is when a patient is upset about the new signs through out the clinic, and they yell at the first person they talk to. This is very difficult, but I greet them with a warm smile and turn the situation into a better one, and the patients then seem to understand and are happy and thankful.
Benefits
Cons
Short Staffed
Fun yet no advancement in future
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 11, 2016
Fun place with great coworkers. Although i had some great coworkers there was no advancement in my future. Then due to high healthcare costs positions were eliminated and mine was one of them unfortunately.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
Short breaks
Look forward to going to work everyday.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 16, 2016
Very professional work environment and patient care is exceptional. Very skilled team work environment. Providing care, safe environment and showing sincere empathy for patients are the focused goals. Rooming patient and recording vitals. Drawing blood for lab work. Administering injections as needed. Triaging 25-35 calls per day. Knowing that I provide care and help patients everyday is so rewarding. Supporting my coworkers and knowing that I can either make decisions on my own, or rely on my coworkers to help me in work situations.
Pros
Providing exceptional patient care.
Cons
Challenges in making 100 percent of the patients happy.
fun place to work in the healthfield
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 3, 2016
Very encourage to teach you new things. Doctors all every pleasant to work with. very patient with learning new things the supervisors are willing to talk with you about a problem or suggestions that you have
Caring, fun to work with person, who loves to work with and care for people of all ages. Also love to work with animals.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 29, 2016
I loved the group I worked with. We all had respect for one another. We all worked as a team, and we all got along well. I loved working for the Clinic in the 17 years I worked in the ENT specialty Department. The Physicians and staff were a joy to work with.
Pros
Being off on weekends, Holidays, and every Wednesday
Cons
Sometimes we did not get a break.
fast paced
Arrhythmia Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIMay 17, 2016
fast paced work environment, potential for growth. Left the position to further education and knowledge. Would recommend Aspirus to other RN s. Work schedule is varied with shift work necessary.
Friendly Work Atmosphere
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mercer, WIMay 26, 2016
User friendly programs and helpful staff. Good team atmosphere. Professional and knowledgeable staff. I wish it hadn't been a temporary position.
Very difficult culture/environment to work in
staff (Current Employee) –  MarshfieldMay 5, 2013
Cost of living is good and compensation is great for the area. During interview process I was told this was a culture of change and growth. This is definitely not the case. Many managers would like to see change but the attitude of the home grown management/ administration is one of staying within their comfort levels. Human resources does little to support managers who have difficult staff to deal with. Physicians are allowed to bully staff and management. HR and management policies are poor and outdated which doesn't help facilitate change. Would not encourage anyone to move to work at this clinic system.
Pros
compensation and benefits are good but not worth it
Cons
culture. difficult for new employees to fit in.
Does not follow-up on promises to employees
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIOctober 10, 2012
My whole dept was downsized. We were told for the past 7-8 years that as our oracle apps migrated to .net, so would our skills. NOT! A good place to work for a few years if you want to stay within your field but don't plan on learning anything to advance, migrate to another software language or stay current. Dept constantly re-configuring adding layers to management. Very compartmentalized. More middle managers than actual developers.
Pros
small community in the midwest. great place to raise a family.
Cons
below average compensation, does not offer anyway to learn new terchnology, run by mds - not business people
Was a good place to work. Very nice people
Opthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 11, 2013
I learned how to be an ophthalmic assistant and to work with patients and doctors. Management was not the greatest. They didn't know much about the actual job or the duties we would perform or how. They didn't help much at all if you had any issues. The co-workers were great! Hardest part of the job was dealing with certain patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home knowing you helped many people.
Pros
paid vacation, hour lunch break
Cons
management, not the best pay rate, no raises.
Clinic Work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 28, 2016
It is a great place to work. Everyone gets along well and is ready to help whenever possible. I take care of patients needing imaging done. I enjoyed being able to help patients feel better.
Pros
Co-workers, Patients
Cons
Hours
Work from home
Medical Transcriptionist (telecommute) (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed that I was able to work from home for this position. The last time around working for them, I was scheduled to work every weekend - that was not a plus as it did not fit well with my family.
Good organization with great mission to provide medical care to the underserved
RN (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 25, 2014
Great people, great mission. Really appreciated life-work balance. I was almost always able to flex my schedule in a manner that met the needs of both my employer and my family, and that is a quality that I greatly value.

There was a lack of communication and united front as related to approaches for accomplishing program and department objectives. Management often resistant to ideas for change and improvement.

Lack of opportunity for career growth as an RN and few opportunities for professional development (continuing education).
Pros
very flexible schedule (in my position), generally low stress
Cons
at times, lack of clarity, strategy and prioritization to meet organization mission
below average wages for experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 30, 2015
worked 40 plus- hours a week,
learned management skills
enjoyed interacting with staff and patients
constantly changing environment in an unstable market
benefits
Cons
on call demands, hostile management in recnet years
Not worth the stress and no support from management.
Emergency (Former Employee) –  Rice LakeNovember 30, 2013
I worked for LMC for several years. Over the years I've seen morale continuing to decline. Management does not care, in fact management contribute to the low morale. They nit pick at everything employees do, we are forced to work overtime constantly. I've seen doctors do illegal acts and management has been informed but it was just swept under the rug. I was told we are more worried about our reputation. It doesn't matter what happens to the pts it just matters what the public sees. Be very careful going here. Many staff are leaving due to them being scared of losing their licenses because of the practices at LMC. I transferred my own care from Marshfield Clinic to Mayo due to Marshfield ignoring my concerns and Mayo realizing I had a potentially fatal disorder and treating it right. Be careful!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
horrible management, benefits suck
Poor management
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  MedfordMay 17, 2013
I worked at the Medford dental clinic for three years. The management here unprofessional with no integrity, constantly placing the blame on others for their poor management skills. Hiring of personal friends is common. God forbid you're not in that group and a person who stands up for yourself. They will run out strong, well qualified workers, I feel, because they are intimidated by workers who know as much or more about running a dental practice.
Doctors have little to no authority.

Pay and benefits drew me in. Being treated with no respect and having to watch my back every second made the decision to leave.

Good luck if you take a job there, unless you are currently a personal friend of management!
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
unskilled management from clinics to corporate
Loved my Job, It was so rewarding.
Appointment Coordinator - Family Practice (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 12, 2014
The work day started out with different circumstance's daily, and you learned more everyday . I learned so much about the medical industry, which is important to me and it is an interesting career. Management were honest and cared about the patients and co-workers. My co-workers where like a another family, lots of teamwork and respect. The hardest thing about my job was working
with very sick people, because you come attached to patients and you feel there pain and grief. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people, you connect yourself with the families, and you bond relationships, that they want to come back to the clinic.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
sad situations
Worst job ever!
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  WausauDecember 23, 2012
Horrible. Empty promises. Reduction in hours. More and more work piled onto staff already overworked ( due to mass reduction of staff)with little or no recognition. Unwilling to work with any staff member wishing to further their education. Very low morale among not only the medical support staff, but also the providers I work with. When you have 5 people resign in less than 2 months, that should give you some indication that something is wrong, however, management does not care. Apparently the quality of care is no longer relevant to this company, just the dollars coming in. I'm embarrassed to admit that I even work here. I cant wait to get out!
Pros
there are none
Cons
budget cuts, overworked staff, low morale, unwilling to allow for advancement

2.7