Marshfield Clinic Employee Reviews

Excellent experience working with management.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 20, 2017
I truly enjoyed my position as administrative secretary at Marshfield Clinic for 5 years. I first worked for the Legal and the Employee Health and Safety Departments for 3 years and then took an offer to work at various clinics for 3 managers. I traveled to various sites and assisted with coordinating meetings, orientations. I truly gained managerial experience working with three managers and an Administrator, all with different managerial styles. I had excellent relationships with all personnel. The last year I was there, I worked near Human Resources and the Administration office. My hours were unexpectedly reduced to 24 hours/week due to cutbacks. I was fortunate enough to be kept on part-time as others were cut completely. I only left as I found full-time employment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Travel
Being a Physical Therapy Aide is rewarding.
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Woodruff, WIFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoy my co-workers and where I work. I am responsible to make sure the patients are brought to a room or equipment in a timely manner. I keep the flow of patients moving to keep the whole department running efficiently. I feel very rewarded when the patients are doing better from coming to see us for therapy. The are so very grateful and happy, which makes us all happy.
Pros
Good Benefits. Great Co-Workers
Cons
Just average pay scale. Long drive to work
Great place to develop skills.
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 6, 2017
Positives: Work setting, equipment, environment, tons of available resources, skill development, educational development, real-world experience, transferrable job experience.
Cons: none.
Great Management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minocqua, WIJanuary 26, 2017
I really felt like I had great managers in my department who were willing to work with you and really listen. Coworkers were always friendly, and it's a positive environment.
You are always replacanle and never given a chance to explain yourself
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJanuary 15, 2017
My employment was terminated without even a thought. I was not given a chance to explain, wasn't given a warning or a second chance, just terminated! The other party who was just as involved in the "incident" still has a job and just got a slap on the wrist. Employees not treated fairly!
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Management and HR. Treated like a kindergartener but expected to do everything for Marshfield!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 15, 2017
Overall good place to work. There was no typical day in my role as an administrative assistant. I learned about the many facets of how the Marshfield Clinic functioned while working for various departments in my 34 years there.
Very kind coworkers and always something new daily.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Minocqua, WIJanuary 13, 2017
I've met a number of wonderful people with whom I learn from daily. We keep it light and have a lot of respect for one another. The doctors are very kind and respectful. They buy us lunch monthly.
Pros
Helpful ooworkers
Cons
Can be a bit depressing
Job/Department Review
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 12, 2017
Co-workers were wonderful, pay, benefits and retirement are very good. Management is terrible, terrible, terrible, worked there for 17 plus years and was fired on a technicality. You are monitored like kindergardeners. Management will throw you under the bus they don't care, you are replaceable. And it is all who you know not what you know. If you get a job here, go punch in, punch out and keep to yourself.
Pros
Great benefits, pay is good
Cons
Terrible management, treated/monitored like kindergardeners
Average company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 2, 2017
Like any company it has strong points and weak points.
Restructure seems to happen often that leaves many wondering if they will have a job.
On the other side the company works hard to promote within if able and they have a great retirement package.
Pros
Able to move up in organization
Cons
Constant restructure
love it
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 1, 2017
I love working for Marshfield Cinic. I have had many opportunities for growth and advancement. I'm proud to tell people where I work and my husband is also employed with the clinic.
Overworked underpaid
APNP (Current Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 31, 2016
Overworked and underpaid - don't need to say more. I work with a nice bunch of people; its management and the company itself that deters from me wanting to stay. NPs have no say and no voice within the organization. Benefits are lacking as well.
Pros
The MAs who work here
Cons
Poor pay; no recognition for NPs
I am pleased with my employer and hope to continue with the clinic on a part time basis.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WINovember 28, 2016
This is a time of tremendous change in health care. Marshfield Clinic strives to be innovative and competitive, while providing a positive impact on employees and patients.
Ex Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WINovember 9, 2016
Management is horrible!! Several of us were harassed & the manager took the harassers side. One day we brought food in crock pots to feed the summer help, our manager met us at the lobby door & chased us out with it!! We had no lunch that day!! The company itself isn't great but housekeeping is absolutely HORRIBLE!!
Cons
Management is horrible
ok if your manager is ok
various (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WISeptember 27, 2016
Worked for this company for 6 years. All ok til I took a position in a dept where manager did not like the non butt kissers. The company will NOT have your back if there is a problem. Good retirement and dental though.
Pros
benefits, hours
Cons
only value employees who play the game
Great place to work! Great home/work life balance.
Appointment Coordinator/Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 28, 2016
Marshfield Clinic is a true pleasure to work for. The compensation and benefits are great for the area. Also there is always room for advancement. Bring that you have weekends and holidays off along with taking accrued PTO is much appreciated and allows for a good work/home life balance.
fun place to work in the healthfield
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 3, 2016
Very encourage to teach you new things. Doctors all every pleasant to work with. very patient with learning new things the supervisors are willing to talk with you about a problem or suggestions that you have
Friendly Work Atmosphere
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mercer, WIMay 26, 2016
User friendly programs and helpful staff. Good team atmosphere. Professional and knowledgeable staff. I wish it hadn't been a temporary position.
fast paced
Arrhythmia Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIMay 17, 2016
fast paced work environment, potential for growth. Left the position to further education and knowledge. Would recommend Aspirus to other RN s. Work schedule is varied with shift work necessary.
Subrogation Recovery Specialist
Subrogation Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 26, 2016
Collaborating with Insurance co., atttorneys, and member(s) concerns, related to reimbursement policies.. Improvement with Excell knowledge and verbulage. My coworkers were wonderful to work with, they were my resource people. I learned a new face of the Insurance process. Working each case, as individual as our members.
Pros
flexible schedule, team work atmosphere, very good benefits, the ability to get positive satisfaction with everyone(s) concerns i
Cons
n/a
Horrible management
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMarch 11, 2016
Awful company to work for. To save money, Marshfield Clinic cut 60% (yes, 60%) of their management. This means the remaining managers had to take on more departments, it's impossible for them to appropriately manage ANYONE!
We were told breaks weren't mandatory, but a privealge.... One of my co-workers was told she couldn't go to an in-laws funeral....another co-worker had an emergency regarding her child and called in, she was told she couldn't call in and she'd be punished if she did..... we were all told to be available, basically on-call, without being compensated for it. When this was brought up with HR, my managers claimed we weren't ever told to be available.
The ONLY good thing is the 11% pension for vested employees, one of my managers actually said that is the only reason anyone works there!!
Pros
Pension
Cons
Everythung else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marshfield Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8