Marta Employee Reviews

I retired from Marta love working for them.
Bus Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good company to work for.
I went there when I was 24 years old they taught me a lot of things
I really love working with them. I learn a lot from them.It was very
enjoyable working for them I had some goof times there.My co-workers where very nice to me we all got a long. Management was
great. My typical day was good.
This Is a career for someone without family
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2015
The hours when just starting are horrible, the management is very unprofessional and non caring the only good thing is being out on a route not being surrounded by management.
I learned to communicate well with the customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta,GAJuly 14, 2015
Their showing overwhelming support and love. Teaching you how to communicate each other well and understanding each other.
Fast moving, very structured
Mobility Bus Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Good Managers, thorough training
Cons: Hours
At MATA I drove the mobility bus for the handicapped. Each day was picking up passengers and taking them to appointments and hospital visits or shopping. The management team was excellent, the hours were hard to keep up with I worked from 7pm -1am, at that time I had two classes on campus, and it was difficult to keep up. You really could not change your schedule when you were just getting started with the company,
Can be a Career if your in the right position
Big Bus/Mobility Operator/Revenue Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Unlimited breeze card, meet about 10 to 20 great people, senority transfers with you, okay benefits, an okay retirement package
Cons: Little to no breaks, management is worthless, the union's Vice President is a corporate crook, noisy employees, feels like a high school full of childish adults, company doesn't follow their own policy, get fired for anything, women/men drivers having relationships with management which causes a conflict
This company can be an awesome career but when they don't follow their own policy and procedures it causes conflicts. They don't fully investigate accusations that another employee may accuse you of and employees don't know how to work as one. There's little to no protection for big bus operators while the union(ATU Local 732) is a joke especially the crooked Vice President who's been charged with several offenses. Don't believe the saying, "MARTA don't fire you, you fire yourself" because it's a complete lie; they'll fire you with no problem. Follow yor own policy MARTA and stop taking advantage of your workers while wrongfully firing your best workers.
A work friendly environment
Office Administrator II, TSP (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2015
Co-workers are very supportive. Work environment is OK. Managers support growth in the company. Technology needs updating.
Need a change of Management Staff
Superintendent (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Wonderful Company to Work For
Cons: Need new management staff in the Transportation Department
MARTA is a great company to work for but the bad attitude of the upper management staff need improvement. My over all review of the company are there are great opportunities in store with the company. All you need to do is to apply your self. The attitudes of some of the upper management leaves something to be desired.
Productive fast pace
Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta GAJuly 2, 2015
The running all over GA in a time frame is stressful especially when safety should be first priority. No real break time. Co-workers are fun the dispatchers need to take a course of customer service training a years worth lol very unprofessional (mobility) department
Unsecured Employment
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Great industry to work, opportunity to meet people/networking, respect from teamplayers, the pay is excellent
Cons: Management shows favoritism, Union not supportive to their members but sides with company, support system
Great industry with several flaws within the management and headquarters, with the lack of support system from the Union. The vehicles are not mechanical fixable within a timely manner. The passengers are NOT respecting the rules and regulations of no eating and the ridership fare.
Furthermore, management needs a highly, mandated evaluation with firm upgraded sessions regards to customer service, proper evaluation of employees w/of favortism, a routine rotation by expedite service and conduct surveys to passengers and bus operators on the strategic role of upgrading the transportation system to an updated company within United States.
Terminating individuals within a reckless mannerism and.indecent propositions towards gender for the ownership of proper retirement and employment longitudinally.
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Good work environment co workers keep you laughing day starts around 6 and ends around 6 never a dull moment hardest part is getting up early
Exciting and productive; each day brings something new.
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Interacting with people and sharpening your people skills, which is very essential in life.
Cons: If your attitude is bad, it will resonate through to customers; customers don't feel they have to respect operators, but they demand it.
In my opinion, MARTA is a very good place to work. However, there are some challenges with the company that need fixing as far as leadership and management. Any organization is the direct reflection of its leaders. With a new CEO in place, the organizational culture has been changing for the better. A typical day at work is what you make it. It all depends on your frame of mind; remember, you are interacting with the general public. Therefore, that experience is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you will get.
Not productive...Crazy Work Place!!
Marta Mobility Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: no breaks in some departments
Wild Work Place!!! Very Bad Place to work at!!! Bad management..Co-workers Call-Out a lots!!! No enjoyment in this department!!!
Very exciting job if you are a people person.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: paid vacations and holidays
Cons: can be a bit routine on the same route everyday.
Drove a fixed route throughout Metro Atlanta. Load/unload passengers at assign bus stops. Answered questions and concerns. Gave directions to there point of interests.
Fun workplace that had a fitness center
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Provided customer information on bus and rail scheduling , Job was fun and system that was used was very user friendly. Co-workers were nice,friendly,helpful and professional.
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta,GAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: very great benefits and opportunity for advancement to any field.
Cons: shorts breaks
I love my job and my place of employment. It's a team atmosphere shockingly in this bus industry. I started out as a part time bus operator and was made full time after a month. Everyday is different and what you make it. Funny thing is I drove greyhound for 8 years and Megabus for 2. They both don't even compare to Marta benefit wise nor opportunity for advancement. I actually love coming to work here everyday. Time flies especially when you having fun
Working
Service Person 1A (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2015
You learn how to drive a class A vehicle. Also learn how to use heavy duty cleaning equipment and supplies. You have to work with a crew. The down fall is dealing with managers that do not know the job
Awesome company to work for, very professional, and will train you to advance you forward.
Secretary I (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: the growth and movement torward advancement.
A typical day at Marta was answering phones, typing letters, and bookkeeping. Learned so much, and was willing to be trained to learn more to advance forward in the company. My co-workers were very helpful, professional, and friendly. I never felt the job was ever hard, and always stayed positive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the way the company treated their employees. They were always willing to train us on new things, which I really enjoyed. I really felt like a team member, and a employee of excellence.
Infrastructure - service person 1-A
Material Controller (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2014
I served in the Infrastructure dept. as a Service Person 1-A. The job consisted of the commercial cleaning and detail of rail infrastructure for Atlanta's transit authority. There is a class A CDL requirement. At the time that I held the position, it was being challenged to increase the pay for the employees of that department because the body of employees felt that they were underpaid. The most difficult part of the job was the late night hours and the use of commercial chemicals causing slight sicknesses, such as headaches, skin irritations and fatigue. I personally remember a situation where a generator exploded and an employee was hospitalized; this is after complaints of the equipment causing problems and request for new equipment and requirements. Safety is a limited issue to the company if you are a represented (union) employee. Marta is not OSHA regulated and that union had to invest in their own safety committee to insure the safety of Marta's employees.
everyday day is different, route are not te same daily
Bus Operator (Current Employee), atlanta, gaNovember 24, 2014
I transport customers to there destinations. Everyday is different, management is ok. The job is not hard at all. I am part-time which is not good for me right now. I need a 40 hour job.
Fast Paced, Excellent work culture
Project Manager - www.breezecard.com (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2014
MARTA is a excellent company to work with with very good compensation.