MARTEN TRANSPORT LTD Employee Reviews in United States

Fair to Good
Regional Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIDecember 15, 2015
Rather consistent on-time and regional scheduling which I could appreciate. Adequate except for relative and actual amount that I took home. Guidelines were sort inconsistent.
Pros
Good schedule after a while
Cons
short paychecks
very good company, they pay you for almost everything you do
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIApril 8, 2015
they paid lay over pay starting after the 1st hour in all paper work is signed and sent in on time.

lumpers are paid with no questions asked.

an excellent company to work for in all aspects.
Cut backs
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GADecember 7, 2014
Nice place to work, then the pay structure changed from hourly to salary.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay structure changed
expect the best
DRIVER DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2014
the company is a great company to work for however certain departments are better than others to work for.
Absolutely horrible company to work for.
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIMay 9, 2014
Low miles and inability to get drivers home on time for selected days off made this one of the worse companies I have ever worked for.
No comment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hockley, TXJanuary 12, 2014
Good Company Pays Detention Time management no very informative.
Good company to work for
Over The Road Driver / Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WINovember 6, 2013
Kept me busy
Great experience
Good people
Friendly
Loved driving
Always working
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIAugust 16, 2013
Oil changes to clutch replacement it was all good. Would do this job again.
they only care about their loads not driver needs
OTR Driver - Company Driver (Former Employee) –  phoenix azJune 25, 2013
treat drivers like a robot
hometime means nothing to them
missed doc appointments bdays anniversaries
always have some excuse why they cant get u home on time
Great career,
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis INMay 27, 2013
This over all is a good company. The 2 stars for Job security are there because of the CSA Scoring and the new rules from the DOT and FMCSA. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see the country, and having rather easy to get along with dispatchers and driver managers. After a year of hard work I got on a dedicated account I loved, then another local position opened up which still got the miles, and a chance that if I chose, I could have been home EVERY NIGHT. Took that account and loved it!

The only bad thing I can say is what lead to my dismissal from the company. I was informed by safety that I should get the speeding tickets from my personal vehicle fought down to no points, then my job would not be affected. Well come February 28th, I was called to the terminal in indianapolis to sign papers. When I got there on February 29, they were my dismissal papers and I was given 0 chance to fight for my job. Their case was made, and I wasn't even given a chance to save my job (which I loved and would never do anything intentionally or unintentionally to damage our relationship.) The director of safety was clearly not willing to listen to me and hear my side of the story. So that was the reason for the 1 star on management.

It was the ill advice from the safety department I received that caused me to waste money on a lawyer to help me fight down the tickets, in the feeble attempt to keep a job that I absolutely loved. Though I take full responsibility for the tickets that I received, that was my fault and not the fault of anyone else.

Also another ridiculous note,
  more... another reason I was let go was they found a ticket on my record that was misreported (wrong date and year) I put EVERYTHING down that I was aware of to the best of my knowledge, and inserted a statement of good faith, that there was in no way, shape,and/or form an attempt to mislead, or convey intentional misinformation.  less
Pros
phenominal benefits, great pay.
Cons
lack of detention pay (even when warranted to be paid)
recieved alot of hands on training,classes, & learned alot about trlr. svce./repair work. etc.
truck/trailer mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORApril 5, 2013
many trks./trlrs. serviced,repaired,alot of worn-out components. changed-out etc.
Pros
learned alot at this job.
Cons
payrate raises were not substantial
Over the road driver
OTR referigerated transpost driver (Current Employee) –  Mondovi, WIAugust 12, 2012
Difficult to get home bound or runs heading towards home. Miles okay, money okay but went from out 2 weeks to out 3 weeks and get stranded within a region. Mine has been getting stuck in IL, IN, OH, KY, WI for 2+ weeks while out and fighting for a load home.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
difficulty getting home, stranded in regional work while out.
Good company to drive for
SE Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucker,GAMay 13, 2012
Had to get pick up and delivery the loads on time. Driver managers were good at getting me home when I needed to get in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARTEN TRANSPORT LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9