Marten Transport Employee Reviews

I should have never left
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WINovember 7, 2017
I made the mistake of leaving this company, I should have never done that. I made decent money when I worked for Marten, and the FMs were great as well. I have regretted leaving. They have great planners that give loads that can be delivered early, if not on time, almost all of the time, and they don't want you to drive when you don't feel comfortable with it. I had a problem with a few of their mechanics, but that's on them, not the company.
Pros
Good pay, great management
Cons
Away from home.
great company
desiel mechanic (Former Employee) –  new albany msOctober 30, 2017
Worked night shift from sun to wens . 12 hour shift. Safety lane inspector. Did all dot inspection on the tractor an trailors.. Order parts an distribute them to the otr drivers
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
worked over 12hours some night
Indentured Servitude with Travel and meager wages
tractor trailer driver (Current Employee) –  Mondovi, WI 54755October 30, 2017
The entire trucking industry is unbalanced although Marten is one of the top paying companies it is still a culture of blame the driver, and no consideration for any drivers hours, time, schedule, days off, holidays, family, or anything else. This type of job is the only one that I know of where you work over 100 hours per week without any overtime, and shippers or delivery points think we are indentured servants. Congress passed laws to make us be paid by the mile but the industry has taken that to the extreme and now we are lucky if we get paid for detention, we get cheated out of about 20% of our miles, and we are blamed for everyone elses mistakes, customer service, shipers, delivery, logistics, routing, everything falls on the driver including the laws that are related to the truck nobody else takes on this muchresponsibility without the pay for doing so.
Pros
cheaper living, travel
Cons
no relationships, no time off, no consideration, chained to the truck
Terminal has shower,t.V,room
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 28, 2017
Day at work I would be rocking and rolling. I learn to operate areefer unit.Did not get me in ontime for my hometime to start. Coming in to go home ,
Good company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIOctober 23, 2017
like i said good company not great but hey aint they all? Nothing bad to say about them, they just a good company that will take pride in making your life a living h** if you decide to leave them.
Very clean and organized shop
Diesel Mechanic/Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 16, 2017
Loved working in this very clean and organized shop. The equipment there is some of the industries best when it comes to cleaning DPF filters, performing PMs, Lane inspections and detailing tractors.
Pros
clean and organized
Cons
low pay, no overtime.
good
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIOctober 9, 2017
Marten is a very excellent place to work at the staff management and everyone is so friendly you can communicate with staff very well they listen to say and they work hard to get things done and taken care of just for you what I love about marten is that marten believe in their drivers and their drivers become number one, as well as the shipment,
Joke of a place to work with no room for advancement
Diesel Tech II (Former Employee) –  Jurupa, CAOctober 8, 2017
Unless you have knee pads surgically put on, you will go nowhere. Get your towels ready to wipe the brown from your nose, because that is what it takes to get good pay and move up. If you simply do your job, you get nowhere. Plus side is, easy work! Great place if you are 70 years old and are looking to pass time before retirement!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Marten Transport as a whole
Over the Road Driver
Professional Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2017
The company trucks were nice and well keep for maintenance . The Dispatchers were ok, but not very understanding when it came time to get a Driver home for their off time
It was great coming out of the gate.
CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXSeptember 21, 2017
It was good work and great pay, although I had to go through three Fleet Managers before I had a good one. It was productive, but I had to come home to be with my family during a family emergency, so I had to resign.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Lack of time with your family.

Want to know more about Marten Transport?

Ask a question
Work day
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORSeptember 20, 2017
Perform maintenance on tractor trailers. This company provided all of my certifications in which I hold. Order parts for jobs. Helped with doing inventory in the parts room, and help stock parts.
Pros
Training
Electronic logs
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WISeptember 12, 2017
I would not have left Marten had they not gone on electronic logs and did per diem. Per diem takes away from your tax deductions and less pay in your pocket.
Loved my Job here
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2017
Ive heard it depends on which region you run for them. I personally was in the western region Phx area. I loved the respect i got from my fleet managers here and honestly felt respect from 99.9% of the office employees. I couldnt have a dog which is one of the biggest reasons i am no longer there. but my rating speak for itself.
One of the best trucking companies to work for and thats 1 out of 6.
I loved my job here even thru the slow times. Miss all my ppl there alot.
Pros
respect
Cons
no pets, strict on no accidents no tickets or your fired
if you love to drive here you go
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 31, 2017
fun and sometimes hectic when it comes to traffic forget it can be horrable but don't have to unload your truck most times and if you like to be on your own its gr8
great work culture
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 29, 2017
great work cluture a typical day at work was to inspect the truck tractor before heading out to our destination to also route ourselves before leaving
Just another hob
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Mondovi, WIAugust 26, 2017
It's another trucking job. If you want regional work they are decent. They pay for a lot of your time sitting. Hard to get home sometimes. Good equipment. Lots of time in rail yds.
Pros
Paid for many things other companies don't.
Cons
Getting home ontime
If you have a good DM, then all is good.
Dedicated Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIAugust 24, 2017
To be able to make the bills, I had to drive 3 weeks OTR and 3 days off. It was too stressful.
They are quick to fix any tractor or trailer problems.
Benefits
Cons
Bad DM
Not stressful
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 18, 2017
I drove for marten for a year didn't have much of problem with them they where fair to me. Felt like you worked with family anything you need they would try to help you anyway they could
Amazing great company
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJuly 30, 2017
This company is great they take care of you no matter what. Dispatchers know there jobs and do not hassle you at all. They get you home when you ask for home the pay is great. They pay for everything one hour detention. Run great miles a week average 3500 a week.
Pros
Pay, benefits, miles
Cons
Non
Amazing Company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 20, 2017
Great Company mainly dispatcher out of Tampa, FL branch. Amazing guys there. I have been with many truck companies neither comes close to treating their employee like human beings like marten transport Tampa branch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marten Transport. Our community is ready to answer.