Marten Transport

Marten Transport Employee Reviews

good work enviornment
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Tucker, GAJune 4, 2015
i enjoyed working for marten they kept me busy and compensated me well. There trucks were top rate well maintained. i just could not keep the job and be home more.
Professional and Ethical Work Enviroment
Professional Long Distance Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and Bonuses
Cons: Away from home 3-4 weeks at a time traveling.
This company was a great company to work for. They cared about there employees and showed them just that. They had a great professional and ethical work environment.
good company to work for with benefits
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIApril 23, 2015
a great place to work enjoyed working with people going to see other great places in the world and having fun doing it loved spending time at work
great company
Over the Road Driver (OTR Driver) (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIMarch 23, 2015
great company to work for ,great pay and good people to work for hardest part of job was not being home but if you has no one waiting for you it is great
Marten was a good place to work
Driver OTR (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIMarch 16, 2015
Good miles. Good people. Management was very helpful. Co-workers were very friendly. Enjoyed working full 48 states.
respectable place to work.
OTR Driver (Current Employee), Mondo I, WIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: fair running vehicle
Cons: unable to get home enough.
I find that Marten Transport is able to keep me moving. There is however more down time to get loaded/unloaded than I find acceptable. My major reason to find new employment is that I have to battle constantly with the company to go home. I would like to go home at least one weekend per month although prefer to come home every two weeks for two days. This company refuses to allow me to come home even once a month. Makes for a lot of angry tension.
Typical over the road enviornment
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIMarch 7, 2015
Pros: ok insurance
Cons: away from home
It was something that i was good at for a number of years, I was able to manage my time so i was able to pick up and deliver my loads on time.
Plum City Care Center
Work Comp Temp (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIFebruary 18, 2015
They are great place to work for. I worked there while I was going to high school and one summer back from college. They are wonderful with the people they care for.
An okay place
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Mondovi, WIJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: holiday meals provided
Cons: benefits
Does have some flex to work from home.
Always busy.
Ability to learn other departments.
Some Advancement available.
Benefits and compensation are a little to be desired.
Fast pace enviroment
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2015
It's a good place to work but the hours suck. Management needed some work and HR was reasonable.
poor management
night dispatcher (Current Employee), MondoviJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: 12 hours shifts, sitting on worn out chairs.
Work is like a dirty sweatshop in a pole shad. Co-workers are good. High stress position driver yelling and cussing most of the time. No management, no communicate with staff, have to worry all the time you will be fired.
Great Company
Supervisor, Michelle Rud (Former Employee), Mondovi,WIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: lots of miles given to drivers
Cons: dispatch sometimes gives wrong load to driver, who does not have the time to pick up or deliver on time
I really liked working for them. Very professional. Picked up and delivered loads all over the lower 48 states. Co-workers were great to work with.
Truck driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Driving for this company was a amazing experience, I got the opportunity to drive across the country to different states and cities to deliver all kinds of products and help supply growing companies. the management system there allowed me to conduct everyday task on my own time an I was to get to the specific location on time and the hardest part of the job was that some deadlines were unable to be met.
Marten wasn't a good experience
OTR national Driver (Former Employee), MondoviDecember 5, 2014
Pros: detention, nice terminals
Cons: no miles, old tractors, rude fleet manager supervisor, no freight.
I started working for Martens Transport starting around The end of September 2014, and here's my experience as an OTR driver, the first few weeks were great! I averaged 3100 miles a week and went coast to coast, used to take loads from New Jersey to long Beach Cali, I used to average take home around $1600 a week, I was running like crazy I was happy, but all of sudden the freight dropped off the map! – more... I would get bunch of 200 mile and 300 mile loads that didn't deliver the same day, ounce I was deadhead 200 miles to pick up a 15 mile load that took 8hrs to unload... The great thing about Marten is that they pay detention very quickly.. So every load get extra money ontop of that. Wether it's an extra 100 bucks or 10 bucks it's extra money for the load... Another issue I had was once Marten puts you in the North East your stuck there, ounce I was stuck there for almost 3 weeks... With a whole bunch of 200 mile and 300 mile loads.. My pay check was 600 to 500 bucks a week when that happen... And that sucked! Also Marten trailer equipment is brand new so you'll have very rare trailer issues, now the tractor is the problem, Marten gave me a truck that had an APU,which was great, but the truck had 460k and it was a raggedy frieghtliner 2010, that used to break down and have numerous safety issues... And they didn't want to give me a better, reliable truck, finally I couldn't take it no more, the OTR mileage wasn't there, the equipment was bad, and home time was suppose to be earned 1 day every 6, so I stayed out 10 weeks which at the least insured I have 5 days off... When it came time to have off, the Supervisor named Dan didn't want to allow me to take any leave, ontop of that he was very rude, very unprofessional, called me a liar on the phone and hung up... So what I've learned is Marten is a good company for regional only, OTR isn't a good at all... – less
Average
Company Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIDecember 4, 2014
A typical day starts early based on the preplans dispatched to you. I didn't like their Per Diem sliding pay-scale. I mostly enjoyed their "In Cab" scanning for paperwork and fifth wheels that could be uncoupled from inside the cab by performing a few steps and pulling an air activated valve in the cab.
The absolute worst company to work for.
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WINovember 7, 2014
Cons: terrible pay, poor communication, cheap
They pay their drivers "Per Diem" which screws you at tax time, plus they don't tell you about the Per Diem until you are hired. They have the worst after hours communication. If you have an emergency? Don't count on anyone answering the phone, it will ring until an automated voice says "I'm sorry, but no one is available, your call will now be disconnected". They are the cheapest company on earth. They'll do anything to cut corners. Not to mention, They will blame you for their equipment breaking down. If you have a tire go flat on the trailer? They'll blame you. If a refrigerated unit stops working because of a dead battery, they'll blame you. I recommend that you stay away from this company. It's only a good job if you are an ex-con looking for work.
GREAT GA-FL FLIP RUN FOR HOMETIME
DRIVER (Former Employee), Tucker, GAOctober 25, 2014
MARTEN IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. DISPATCHERS LET THE DRIVER HANDLE HIS/HER DAY AS BEST THEY COULD WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS.
Nope,Didn't like
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee), Indianapolis,InOctober 1, 2014
Cons: ok if your team..
Given two man runs for one driver,thats all you do is drive,when on your ten hour break they call you,then when they switch your run on you ,you have 15 minutes to reply,after that they can switch it on you 6 times in 10 minutes,The qualcom just keeps going off,For anything over the raod now a days with all the construction and accidents you need a partner..Evertime I had plan out my route they would change it on me so here would go my lunch or dinner,The bathroom time or break time was just shot ..
love this company, wouldn't want to work for any other carrier
truck driver (Current Employee), Mondovi, WISeptember 21, 2014
Marten transport is a premier company, from the way they take care of their driver and customers and the benefit package and compensation is by far the greatest in the industry. Marten keeps the fleet well maintained and the employees satisfied. Had I not changed my lifestyle and married, I wouldn't be on the indeed to give my review.
Favoritism
Supervisor Eric Gutierrez (Former Employee), Laredo TexasSeptember 19, 2014
Cons: health care is expensive and doesnt cover a single thing
Marten transport is a very well starting pay company, but management is really horrible! Our Shop and Terminal manager had FAMILY MEMBERS employed and they will get a lot of favoritism.

1 2 3 4