Marten Transport Employee Reviews in United States

comapany ok but some management not good to work for
senior tractor foreman (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIJune 2, 2016
typical day at work was about 11hrs for me, learned quite of bit of stuff over the 22 yrs, company was ok but my management team was horrible, co-workers were for the most part pleasant to work with, hardest part of my job was dealing directly with my immediate supervisor because he did not have a clue about what was going on, most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people on the floor and etc.
Productive workplace
truck driver (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJune 1, 2016
Typical day at work, sitting in a 18wheeler, driving 12hours a day. The hardest part is being away from family. The most enjoyable part of the job, is going home to my wife.
Marten keeps me busy and always running.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mondovi, WIMay 29, 2016
Marten is mainly an otr dedicated company. Most cross country freight is transported by rail. Equipment is decently maintained. Overall employees are happy.
been to long
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIMay 24, 2016
just been to long. made great money weekly but i did hear that this company has changed for the worse. but i can't say for sure how true that is because i no longer work here.
Good Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mondovi, WIMay 24, 2016
Good company with good benefits, will pay detention and any layover time that you may be down instead of driving miles. I enjoy how they take care of you in ways that some other trucking companies dont
Pros
good miles an pay
Cons
truck was down alot
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXMay 9, 2016
Able to pick-up loads to get additional miles. If you are hired to be off on weekends not always will it be honored and they may get you back home late on a Saturday.
Pros
If your truck breaks down they will provide you a hotel.
Cons
If you was hired to be home every weekend no always will they honor.
Its complicated
West reginal dvr (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAApril 26, 2016
For the foremost Martin Transport is a good company but the truck they gave me from another driver has bed bugs I've been driving under these conditions with bed bugs for months they have been very aware of the situation sprayed twice but making comments that they must have came from my home last time they sprayed I hadn't even been home and I'm still seeing bed bugs in my truck and they refused as hard as I run for them to deep heat my truck so I take the risk actually taking them home to my family and my grandkids very dangerous situation very unsatisfied at the present time with Marten Transport.. I've even put them in a jar to show them and still I get no results and currently I'm losing sleep which is dangerous for me to do while I'm driving not getting enough sleep because of the fear of being bitten by bed bugs
Pros
Everything financially they have said they have done
Cons
Bed bugs biting me everyday . Making me loose sleep.. new detention rules in california
joke of a company
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
this company was the worse job I have ever worked at. un organized. everyone (formens mangers) running around with there heads chopped off
Pros
the semis dont down grade you
Cons
managment
Free lunches every now and then! Decent.
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2016
Work started at 7 am, and you didn't leave until you had everything squared away, this could be 4 pm, or 7 pm. They tell you in the hiring process you will have this freedom to choose routes and loads for you truckers, and this is the case about 50% of the time, I can't even begin to count how many times I had all my plans destroyed by planners, or had plans taken from me to be brokered out. That was more stressful than anything, at 350 pm getting ready to leave and the planner taking half your loads or denying them.
Good benefits for drivers
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 4, 2016
As a driver, they have the best benefits available. As an office employee, there is room for improvement.

While there, I did learn about Fleet Management and the various programs to deal with various drivers and loads.

At the time of my training, I was not however taught in a manner in which it could be retained. At the particular site I worked at, the atmosphere was very loud and was told they will continue to be loud as that is their way. Was hostile at times as well.

Over all, I enjoyed my work and working with the new hires. Being able to help train them and helping them acclimate into their position as a driver for Marten was very rewarding.

I did not enjoy the atmosphere of cursing loudly and often around me especially when on the phone with a customer or client.
Pros
Great benefits for drivers. Enjoyed working with the new hires.
Cons
Bad atmosphere at the terminal I worked at with loud outbursts of cursing.
Good for local Drivers only.
Currently employed (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARJanuary 31, 2016
Your off one day a week only. Never any weeking time off. If you live close by you might be home daily. I lived over 90 miles. You spend the better part of the day waiting for your load to be ready. You may have 2 or 3 drops at 15.00 bucks a drop.1st One is always free for the contract with the supplier. So that short changes the drivers comps by 1 each time you go out. There is no cover from the company to account for that loss in pay. I've been with this gig for 5 weeks now and pay hasn't been too good. Trips are short so the pay is low.
Plan to see if the new contracted work were told about has any change if not, I'll spend my wheels someplace else if not. Left a job making 1200+ a week thinking I'd see home more. Talking with that company again may be going back soon.
As far as the Location, their so called drivers room has plastic folding chairs and plastic round tables, a 32" TV. A single microwave, two soda machines and a chip/candy box. Plus a bathroom that is shared with mechanics in the building . It's basically their locker room with a single shower that is shared by everybody. Also there is no laundry facility on site.
I been driving for 10 years and I make mistakes as I think this was one.
Pros
Can't really think of much but decent trucks.
Cons
Lack of efficient pay. Monthly bonuses might be $100. Off just 1 day a week!
the job was great , but the pay was not
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day, received my load bout 3:00pm picked up about 7:00pm I would make 3 to 4 delievers and return back to yard for next pick up. managers was easy-going, but the pay was not enough to make a living. the hardest part of my day is coming home to wife and kids with no money
Pros
no waiting when arrived at receivers
Cons
pay
otr driver
OTR DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Mondovi, WIJanuary 13, 2016
all around the work is good for a long haul route. co workers have great. the hardest part of the job is being away from the family
CPAP Compliance is critical
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 11, 2016
I worked for Marten Transport for roughly 6 months. They are a wonderful company. Lots of freight on their dedicated accounts. Toss up on their freight on OTR and Regional boards.

If they determine that you have sleep apnea, it would be in your best interest to maintain 70% compliance. If you don't you will be out of a job like me.
Pros
Great Miles on dedicated accounts, mediocre miles on OTR and Regional routes, Exellent pay!
Cons
Sleep Apnea compliance critical; they will terminate you for non-compliance
If you want to sit and dont care to run and make money i surely recommend it!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 21, 2015
I worked here for almost 3 yrs and all I did was sit. Supposedly I was one of their top employees. And when I did run it was short runs with too much time on it. Or not enough. If you have accidents that police found non preventable they will find some you to make you responsible even tho you had no options. And if you get terminated they will leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere. Beware!! They Don't care about employees. They don't give raises like they say supposedly every yr. Not true at all. I can go on and on. They'll even try to belittle you by sending a letter with everyone whose been in an accident that month with a message to try insult you. But I'm already working local and making more money. This place sucks!!
Pros
You sit a lot..lol
Cons
Read message above
Descent Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WINovember 5, 2015
Even though we ended over differences, they were a good company to work for. They had plenty of freight for their drivers, still working on updating their trucks.
Pros
Plenty of frieght, Management was fair, Fairly good pay
Cons
Spent a lot of down time because trucks were always broke down, Poor benefits.
Good company so far.
OTR driver (Current Employee) –  Colonial heights, VASeptember 16, 2015
Am working at marten now for less than a year and my experience with the company is good, nothing bad to say except for the hassle in finding empty trailers. My fleet manager is tara marten and we get along really well.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Searching for empty trailers.
Didn't really seem to want to work with me
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WISeptember 2, 2015
This job was created for me because Marten took over the WalMart account in Tomah. They did not have a job like I was doing for
Gra-Gar. I was journalizing invoices and indexing driver scans. I had be told when I was hired I would be billing WalMart for work done on their trailers. I had 2 days of training.
Productive shop
Tractor/trailer technician (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJuly 21, 2015
A typical day consists of safety inspections on equipment ,truck and trailer repairs . Management at the shop was fair and friendly and co-workers were kind and helpful. Hardest part of job was just trying to get all assigned work accomplished each day
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Always understaffed
Decent company in terms of trucking
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIJuly 9, 2015
I have driven for worse, certainly. Marten did provide reasonable miles to a driver who was willing to do the job. I was not generally comfortable with the sliding pay scale fro mileage though. Decent equipment but some of the shop personnel could be switched out.