Marten Transport

Marten Transport Employer Reviews

Average
Company Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIDecember 4, 2014
A typical day starts early based on the preplans dispatched to you. I didn't like their Per Diem sliding pay-scale. I mostly enjoyed their "In Cab" scanning for paperwork and fifth wheels that could be uncoupled from inside the cab by performing a few steps and pulling an air activated valve in the cab.
The absolute worst company to work for.
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WINovember 7, 2014
Cons: terrible pay, poor communication, cheap
They pay their drivers "Per Diem" which screws you at tax time, plus they don't tell you about the Per Diem until you are hired. They have the worst after hours communication. If you have an emergency? Don't count on anyone answering the phone, it will ring until an automated voice says "I'm sorry, but no one is available, your call will now be disconnected". – more... They are the cheapest company on earth. They'll do anything to cut corners. Not to mention, They will blame you for their equipment breaking down. If you have a tire go flat on the trailer? They'll blame you. If a refrigerated unit stops working because of a dead battery, they'll blame you. I recommend that you stay away from this company. It's only a good job if you are an ex-con looking for work. – less
GREAT GA-FL FLIP RUN FOR HOMETIME
DRIVER (Former Employee), Tucker, GAOctober 25, 2014
MARTEN IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. DISPATCHERS LET THE DRIVER HANDLE HIS/HER DAY AS BEST THEY COULD WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS.
Nope,Didn't like
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee), Indianapolis,InOctober 1, 2014
Cons: ok if your team..
Given two man runs for one driver,thats all you do is drive,when on your ten hour break they call you,then when they switch your run on you ,you have 15 minutes to reply,after that they can switch it on you 6 times in 10 minutes,The qualcom just keeps going off,For anything over the raod now a days with all the construction and accidents you need a – more... partner..Evertime I had plan out my route they would change it on me so here would go my lunch or dinner,The bathroom time or break time was just shot .. – less
love this company, wouldn't want to work for any other carrier
truck driver (Current Employee), Mondovi, WISeptember 21, 2014
Marten transport is a premier company, from the way they take care of their driver and customers and the benefit package and compensation is by far the greatest in the industry. Marten keeps the fleet well maintained and the employees satisfied. Had I not changed my lifestyle and married, I wouldn't be on the indeed to give my review.
Favoritism
Supervisor Eric Gutierrez (Former Employee), Laredo TexasSeptember 19, 2014
Cons: health care is expensive and doesnt cover a single thing
Marten transport is a very well starting pay company, but management is really horrible! Our Shop and Terminal manager had FAMILY MEMBERS employed and they will get a lot of favoritism.
excellent company to work for
upper midwest regional otr driver (Current Employee), kansas city ks terminalSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great pay, great equipment, great home time, great layover/detention pay
Cons: they will expect you to work so if your a lazy butt dont bother applying
Great pay, great equipment, daytime management is awesome, weekend and night dispatch needs some educating, just like any trucking company though you will have people who love them, like them, hate them, whatever, the real story is if you wotk hard it will relect upon you and you will get better runs, if you a lazy butt then that will also reflect upon – more... you, i have taken loads to laredo tx and have sat until the next day for next load but was always paid $100 layover pay to wash my clothes take a shower relax and watch tv..., – less
Good company but no home time
Driver (Current Employee), Mondovi, WISeptember 11, 2014
Great company to work for, but was very difficult to get back hopme on a regular basis. Family is very important to me and I need to be near them.
First Class Company
Corporate Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIAugust 22, 2014
Pros: energetic team environment
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
At Marten Transport I was the National Recruiter fielding calls from all over the country. In addition to those calls, I sorted through thousands of applications and ran background checks to ensure the applicants met the strict standards held by Marten Transport.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
DRIVER (Current Employee), Tucker, GAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: layover pay after one hour is 20$
THE DISPATCHERS TREAT THE DRIVER LIKE THEY'RE IMPORTANT. LIKE THEIR LIVES MEAN SOMETHING.
Great company/New equipment
Otr driver/Dedicated (Current Employee), Carlisle,PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great home time/pay
Been at Marten for 4 months and plan on staying. On a dedicated account and usually can make it back home daily. Driver manager(s) are professional and friendly, and take care of you. Great pay and benefits. Just gotta be willing to work and not be lazy.
NICE COMPANY
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: trips too california
Cons: no more trips too california
NICE COMPANY , GREAT EQUIPMENT NICE RUNS.. HAD DEATH IN FAMILY..
Bad management
Safety Lane Inspector (Former Employee), PAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: this job will keep you off unemployment
Cons: you won't want to work there very long
Not a good company to work for.
Employees not happy.
Pay not up to industry standard for this area.
Benefits below industry standard.
They don't respect their employees, they only care about getting their next promotion.
This is one of those jobs you take to hold you over until you find the job you really want.
Decent Mechanic Job
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2014
Pros: great team enviroment, indoor shop, good managment
Cons: slow advancment for mechanics
Work at a steady productive pace and everything will be fine. I enjoy the support that the shop manager in Phoenix provides for his technicians. I wish I could move up in pay with the company with education accomplishments such as my Master ASE status, but raises are based off of seniority and only offered once a year.
Advancement - maybe after 20 years.
Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIJune 4, 2014
Pros: good trucks, decent miles
Cons: horrible pay
Great company, good vehicles, but dispatch is touch and go. Honestly, I have worked there a few times b/c they are a decent company, better than most.
Good company, old tech
Software Programmer (Current Employee), Mondovi, WIJune 2, 2014
Pros: catering, free lunches
Cons: old tech, no guidance
This is a good company and they generally take care of their employees. Benefits and wages are fare compared to other IT Departments in the area.

Although in the IT department, they are using old technology that no one else is using, and they have no real plans on moving away from it. This is hard because this experience will not benefit any of the – more... staff in the future if they decide to move on from the company.

There is no real outlet for creativity here either, as most projects involve sifting through piles of old code, finding bugs, and releasing fixes. There is no real documentation, and the development leads are too busy themselves that they don't have time to truly "lead" their team. – less
LOW MILES wait around forever then mad insane rush
Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIApril 11, 2014
Cons: bad company
EXTREMELY driver unfriendly , have 17 years driving experience and this company is one of the worst to work for.
WILL want driver to reimburse everything if quit within 6 months and then give drivers bad reference. low miles, sit around and wait all day then insane mad rush to delivery.
okay
Regional OTR Driver (Current Employee), Mondovi, WIApril 9, 2014
this was an okay place to work again as long as they keep you work to do
MT
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Overall pretty good company to work for...detention pay was good, equipment was good and management was pretty good...just like any trucking company depending on who your dispatcher is determines your miles and routes..no complaints at all about my mileage.
A Dedicated Driver
CDL- Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee), Mondovi, WIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: lasting customer relationships
Cons: benefits for local drivers
I am a people person and tend to build lasing relationships for any company I work for. I believe in building rapport with customers who make a company a success. I believe in family, and it is important to have a job that allows for home time. I am a hard worker who is up before dawn to leave for work and returning home at night, usually twelve to – more... fourteen hours days. I have learned a lot since becoming a CDL Driver such as DOT regulations, logs, safety regulations, etc. – less

1 2 3