Marten Transport

Marten Transport Employer Reviews

Decent Mechanic Job
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2014
Pros: great team enviroment, indoor shop, good managment
Cons: slow advancment for mechanics
Work at a steady productive pace and everything will be fine. I enjoy the support that the shop manager in Phoenix provides for his technicians. I wish I could move up in pay with the company with education accomplishments such as my Master ASE status, but raises are based off of seniority and only offered once a year.
Advancement - maybe after 20 years.
Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIJune 4, 2014
Pros: good trucks, decent miles
Cons: horrible pay
Great company, good vehicles, but dispatch is touch and go. Honestly, I have worked there a few times b/c they are a decent company, better than most.
Good company, old tech
Software Programmer (Current Employee), Mondovi, WIJune 2, 2014
Pros: catering, free lunches
Cons: old tech, no guidance
This is a good company and they generally take care of their employees. Benefits and wages are fare compared to other IT Departments in the area.

Although in the IT department, they are using old technology that no one else is using, and they have no real plans on moving away from it. This is hard because this experience will not benefit any of the – more... staff in the future if they decide to move on from the company.

There is no real outlet for creativity here either, as most projects involve sifting through piles of old code, finding bugs, and releasing fixes. There is no real documentation, and the development leads are too busy themselves that they don't have time to truly "lead" their team. – less
LOW MILES wait around forever then mad insane rush
Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIApril 11, 2014
Cons: bad company
EXTREMELY driver unfriendly , have 17 years driving experience and this company is one of the worst to work for.
WILL want driver to reimburse everything if quit within 6 months and then give drivers bad reference. low miles, sit around and wait all day then insane mad rush to delivery.
okay
Regional OTR Driver (Current Employee), Mondovi, WIApril 9, 2014
this was an okay place to work again as long as they keep you work to do
MT
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Overall pretty good company to work for...detention pay was good, equipment was good and management was pretty good...just like any trucking company depending on who your dispatcher is determines your miles and routes..no complaints at all about my mileage.
A Dedicated Driver
CDL- Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee), Mondovi, WIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: lasting customer relationships
Cons: benefits for local drivers
I am a people person and tend to build lasing relationships for any company I work for. I believe in building rapport with customers who make a company a success. I believe in family, and it is important to have a job that allows for home time. I am a hard worker who is up before dawn to leave for work and returning home at night, usually twelve to – more... fourteen hours days. I have learned a lot since becoming a CDL Driver such as DOT regulations, logs, safety regulations, etc. – less
great place to work
Foreman (Former Employee), indianapolis, inJanuary 24, 2014
long hours understaffed nice pay management is ok co workers ok
does not respect drivers time! do not work here!
driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2013
Cons: does not respect drivers
the management and process of this company should be a solid ( D-) ..
Everyday I worked with this bunch they had poor planning and management, they will send you to Laredo TX and you WILL sit there each trip minimum of 27 hours without any compensation!
very productive
Southeast CompanyDriverMaterial Handler (Former Employee), Tucker, GAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: hard work
Cons: play hard
mangers I didn't get but as far as the company itself. Excellent
MARTEN TRANSPORT
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIOctober 9, 2013
I DELIVERED FREIGHT FROM STATE TO STATE AND GOT ALONG WITH MY CO WORKERS AND THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS BEING AWAY FROM MY FAMILY
I would give them a C rating
Truck Driver Owner Operator (Former Employee), Mondovi, WISeptember 16, 2013
They didn't come across as a caring Co.Hard to talk to management.Milage wasn't good and getting home was like pulling teeth.
driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WISeptember 15, 2013
Long days, good pay. poor managment. Drivers have no life nice equipment.
Equipment was always maintained well.
Western Regional Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WISeptember 4, 2013
Pros: as a truck driver the only pros are being treated well. marten does treat their drivers well.
Cons: away from your family, 24/7 on the job, hard to get your exercise in.
My day started with checking to make sure all is well with your rig and cargo. At Marten you learn to keep your rig tip top. I deal with management on a daily basis and they have always treated me professionally and with respect. The only time we meet up with co-drivers is when we are directed to stop at our company terminals.

The hardest part of a – more... drivers job is being away from your family. The most enjoyable part or most satisfying part of being an over the road driver is knowing your needed to keep our great country going.

I have worked for 3 of the largest trucking companies in our country. Marten is by far the best, well run, well managed transportation company period! – less
Good equipment, little home time
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Tucker, GAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere at terminals
Cons: they cheat you out of home time
Marten Transport is a refrigerated carrier that has been in business for quite some time. They fill you with false promises just like any other trucking company. I got a great truck. At first they were getting me home weekly as agreed to the job, but after about the first 3 weeks, they started to hang me out over the weekend at the Indy terminal or – more... leave me up in Chicago at a TA til Monday would roll around and they would have freight. Then if that happened they would tell you since you didn't get home during your scheduled time off, you would have to run another week and they would get you home for the following weekend. I got tired of the same scenario happening over and over. They even tried to take my truck away to give it to another driver in Indy and send me back to GA with a truck that was in no shape form or fashion made for a bigger guy. – less
I would go back any day........
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIJuly 6, 2013
i think Marten is real good company to work for. They don't have you sitting and waiting for a pick up so they do keep you moving to make your money.
cold enviorment during winter,hauling heavy loads too often.
Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIJune 4, 2013
did not like. Would not work for these people again. Every load they haul needs to be weighed.
They should hand out condoms with each check
Flex driver (Current Employee), Kansas City ksMay 17, 2013
Pros: good equipment, mostly drop and hook, in truck scanning
Cons: pay doesn't add up, you drive way more miles then you get paid for. say you get 42 cpm but you might average 34
If you got paid for all miles you drive this would be a great company. If they didn't steal 3cpm out of each check this would be a great company. If they had dispatchers who answered the phone or qual com after 5pm and on weekends this would be a great company.
If you didn't have to investigate each check to make sure you got paid on each load it would – more... be a great company. Get tired of calling in and having to prove I was short AGAIN – less
Productive but not Truck Driver friendly
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Mondovi, WIMay 7, 2013
Pros: brand new trucks, good trailers, very good benefits
Cons: terminals are run down, office employees are not friendly, and dispatchers are not looking out for drivers.
The equipment is new and up to date. The benefits are outstanding. However the dispatchers are very harsh and somewhat unprofessional. Thats about all I have to say about Marten Transport.
over the road truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chester, VAApril 30, 2013
was to pick up and drop off loads of freight to certain locations on a timely manner everyday of the week.

1 2 3