Marten Transport Employee Reviews

Fired out of state without reimbursement
former driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2017
Horrible dispatch, horrible team-atmosphere, prejudiced employees/management . terminated out-of-state without reasonable accomodation
Pros
keep trucks maintained
Cons
everything else
Not worth anybodies time if you want to make money
Former Driver (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSFebruary 10, 2017
This job is easy most of the time it is just drop and hooks but don't expect to get home that probably won't happen. Fleet managers are about as smart as a fence post. Oh and don't just leave this company they will charge you for your orientation and your hotel stay both of those combined are about $600 so if you do this make sure it is where you want to be.
Pros
Not a lot of pros with this company
Cons
Worst company i have worked for about liying to there drivers and taking money from there drivers
Great company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIFebruary 7, 2017
Pick up the load and make drops on time. Management is very helpful to the driver. No hard labor and very friendly company to work for. The only hardest part is when you lay over night.
good place to work
Tractor Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2017
work was good mgt hard to work with .lots of work. coworkers some willig to work. hardest part of job was up in pay.most enjoyable of job just the work.
Pros
good jo
Cons
glade im gone.
Local Driving, home everynight
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIJanuary 9, 2017
Enjoyed the work, no touch freight. The co-workers I met were professional and pleasant. Good hours and easy routes. Health and Life insurance was comparable.
Pros
home daily
Cons
Thought this was a great move
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2017
If you take a vacation you got to turn your truck in hopefully u are close to a terminal.you got to find your own way home then you ask how you get back they say they don"t know.but when its time to go back you not getting the same truck they gonna put you on a plane fly you across the country to get a new truck not the one you got pulled out of just because you went on a vacation.also make sure you keep up with your 2 pad locks ,steering lock,and your little key lock to check your breaks also i turned my key but they still charged me for it after i took my vacation i said goodbye got tired of being away from home and tired of fleet managers calling me all day long for dumb stuff and they don"t give a dam about you nothing but giving you loads.
Pros
great pay, stable job, nice trucks
Cons
fleet managers, management, not enough home time, fleet managers call you too much
Marten Transport
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2016
Nice place Very clean and well kept shop , not much room for career advancement but the atmosphere is good. I've been here for a little over 2 and a half years and have taken much experience form this company in my small amount of time .
Pros
bonuses and frequent cook outs for employee appreciation
Cons
not much room for career growth
Yard Driver
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WI 54755December 22, 2016
work from 4-4 moving trailers to different doors and empty trailers to the drop lot. Helping drivers drop off and pick up paperwork.
Great Training Program
Professional Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIDecember 2, 2016
Marten Transport is a very organized company with a very high standard of getting cargo to the receiver on time. I enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
The pay was good.
Cons
At times the reefers would lose the settings making us do more enroute inspections than necessary, finding an empty trailer to pick up the next load
Productive work environment.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXNovember 30, 2016
Marten Transport was a great company to work for. They offered great benefits and paid me good. I got to do what I love and drive across the country and enjoy meeting new people as well as accomplishing my work tasks.
Its ok if you want the experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WINovember 13, 2016
Marten Transport is a good company hey just talked to tell you a lot of stuff about the company they run you okay you get $2,100 a week and that's it but you got to work through the holidays some weeks I'll get maybe $1,500 a week and less
Pros
Its a good job
Cons
No miles
Good Opportunities
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  GANovember 12, 2016
Good opportunities for advancement here. Well run company, but management is trending down. Good place to get experience, but not sure if it is a long term place for many people.
Good miles decent pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WINovember 9, 2016
Good equipment. Detention was difficult to get. Pay was good. Miles were good. Very few problems in general. .......................................
Good place overall
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WINovember 7, 2016
Working here is great. People tend to get along well and you have the opportunity to do different things throughout the day. You are not made to do one particular thing at a specific time always.
Take the good with the bad
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSOctober 24, 2016
The company overall is great loved my job got good miles and they paid on time most of the time but fleet managers have no concern for your personal life and constantly bugged me to drive over my hours then the home terminal would repremand me for doing it so the fm's throw you under the buss and if anything goes wrong with a load its alwaya gonna be your fault never theirs and you constantly gotta bug them about layover pay
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Fleet managers have no concer for you
Typical Day at work
Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 12, 2016
Regional driver max miles 500-600/day. Company makes sure that I am well taken care of, by allowing home time to start on time, and the Management is great
Pros
miles given to drive, great management, good company to work for
A great place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WISeptember 28, 2016
A great place to work and run miles and deliver freight.And make money too.Its long hours and you do not get alot of sleep but if you get bored easy this is not the job for you.But the good thing about driving for marten transport they were fun to work for.
Pros
took care of there drivers.
Cons
not home enough.
Dispatchers should be drivers first.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIJuly 21, 2016
Dispatchers should be drivers first. Dispatching got hectic at times because of a lack of drivers and organization. Drivers did not have faith in the system.
Pros
Dedicated account
Cons
Expired
Difficult schedule with little to no breaks
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJuly 8, 2016
I am currently working Wednesday-Saturday nights, 6p.m.-6a.m. I am typically the only person here, watching as many as 70 trucks. I started working this schedule to help out when the previous employee on this shift left. Was told I would get back on normal schedule within a month or two, but we still havent found anyone to take over. It can be a very stressful and demanding job, which i dont mind as I enjoy a challenge and it keeps me busy. However, I dont want to keep working nights over the weekend. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of having a successful night after having several issues come up and over coming those issues.
Pros
More days off
Cons
working every Friday and Saturday night
Marten Transport
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Mondovi, WIJuly 7, 2016
Delivering materials from one place to another. Management needs to learn to listen to their drivers when they refuse to drive illegally, it hurts the driver not the company. Co-workers (truck drivers) were great to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marten Transport. Our community is ready to answer.