Martha's Table Employee Reviews

Quick paced place to work with high energy children.
Intern/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 9, 2017
The typical day at Martha's Table consisted of working with high energy children. Majority of the time the staff were well mannered and seemed eager to work. On the other hand, some of the staff members were nonchalant with the requests of the parents.
Good job
Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2017
it was a great place. i enjoyed working there for the temporary time i was there. it was work readiness so i don't really know how it is working at martha's table
Lack of commitment.
Assistant Classroom Teacher, Pre-school (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2017
Very stressful and unorganized. Management was very unorganized and discouraging. I gained a lot a certifications and work trainings and hours. Overall poor service.
Pros
Certifications
I loved it
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 21, 2017
While i was volunteering there, I was exposed to many different types of peoples and it was amazing. I learned alot of things while volunteering there and would love to come back and do it again.
Easy and fun expirence +
Cashier (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCMarch 24, 2017
typical day at martha's table was really relaxing and chill not that rushed. I learned how to work on my people skills and learn how to calm a costumer down if they're having a bad day. Also I learned how to stock things and take care food and make sure everything was clean and healthy. The management was fine and everything was just nice it was a well organized job. The hardest part was just the commute to Maryland and D.C. so nothing really was bad probably just hours. The best was seeing the customers smiles when I would help them out.
Pros
free food, easy, and quick hours
Cons
shortbreaks
Martha's Table was a great place to work;coworkers were nice .
Pre-k Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2016
For the almost 7 years that I worked there I would say there were great accomplishments! Experiencing accreditation was the major one, however, the accomplishments of the children must not be under rated. I saw children achieve things they never thought they would. There were time when things got stressful but love of children caused me to hang in there.
Pros
free lunch was a big deal also access to the clothing store was a plus for all.
Cons
split shift
Excellent Place to Work!
Assistant Researcher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2016
I come in around 12:30pm and have lunch that the kitchen staff has prepared around 1:15pm. Then I travel with a Market Leader and Chef, along with my coworkers on this project and we help in setting up the market along with distributing fresh fruit and vegetables to the community and conducting research in the form of surveys and open ended questions. This company is like a family. They work together and always have fun in everything they do. They work towards a common goal with a positive cause in mind. If my position wasn't temporary I'd love to stay here.
Pros
Free lunch, travel around DC
Cons
Temporary position
Productive & fun workplace
Volunteer Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2016
Typical day was greeting parents & of course the children. I learned more communication skills than what I already had. The management team was very professional & the Director was always helpful. The coworkers were very friendly & patient. The hardest part was potty training the children. The most enjoyable part was being around the children.
Pros
Outdoor activities, being around children of different ages.
Cons
No cons at all.
It was a productive and nice way to spend my time during the summer
CLOTHING PROGRAMS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2016
The work was very nice, during that time I learned how to take the DC metro transportation, I also gained a sense of independence and maturity. I met all kinds of people and engaged with my coworkers.Over all it was a great experience.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
No lunch breaks
Productive place with good emplyees
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2016
Very nice place to work, especially with the benefits of meeting new people, gaining lifelong skills and free employee lunches.
Geat Work Enviornment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to learn and grow. Good support team and leadership. Great people. Great organization, does great things for the community.
No ping pong table.
Cook/Pre (Former Employee) –  WashingtonJuly 29, 2015
A typical day at work was fun, loving, hard work, teaching each other something new in the kitchen, like how to make a new meal te people happy. There never was a hard park of the job, you work togerther as a team.
Cons
Great place to work depending on who you work for...
Workshop Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2014
I was working with a summer program that had with high school students for 6 weeks. It was really fun and a nice way to give back to the community, the only issue that came about with this job I blame on timing and events which can't be predicted. This summer that I worked here the head supervisor's father died so he ended up not being as involved in putting the program together as he usually would have and left his second in command in charge. She was unprepared, it was a 6 week program and in the 1st week she asked the employees to give her a supply list which we did but we didn't receive the supplies until the middle of week 3. So needless to say the program didn't run smoothly. But I believe that if the original supervisor was there things would have went smoothly.
A little help doesn't hurt anybody!!
Finance Department Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2014
I love the fact of the opportunity provided to me, I was able to learn and had hands on experience in two departments at the same time. I was able to start learning Human Resources and Accounting experience. I was able to learn from creating a new employees file to enter employees benefits information in the system and also helped process payroll.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2013
I was young when I started working here. This was a place where the kids from the block used to go to. Everyone knew everyone. The management there were always on top of your work and wanted you to do great at the job. The most enjoyable part of the day was helping kids out and feeding the homeless. I learned a lot while I was there.
Pros
Education, different work shops
Cons
Productive and loving enviorment.
Recreational Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2013
I held a position here as summer employment. I was one of the children who once required help from Marthas Table and was welcomed with open arms.
Great place, great people.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2013
Very nice place, they do a lot for the community. I enjoyed working with this organization.
Exemplary public service center
Meal Preparation (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2013
Meals are prepared daily and served to those in need. There is also a thrift store and a center for education for youth and teens.
Pros
Helping the community, helping raise youth
Cons
Time consuming
SYEP (Former Employee) –  washington dcMarch 18, 2013
Make Food And Pass Out To The Homeless Or Less Fortunate, Math ANd English Classes, I Loved Preparing The Food Bcuz I Like To Cook
Pros
overall fun
Fasted paced workplace with warm hearted people.
Volunteer- prep and Server (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo,MI 49007December 3, 2012
One day a week 4-6 hours, fast paced. Had to be very independent. I learned how to manage time lot more effectivley. Also so I learned that no matter how different a walk of life may be you'll never know how easily you can end up in a tight position. My co-workers were wonderful I still keep in contact with all of them and we had a blast serving our clients.The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles after they've been given a warm meal. The hardest part was having find away to make food stretch when head count exceeded the amount of food food available.