Martha's Table Employee Reviews in United States

It was a productive and nice way to spend my time during the summer
CLOTHING PROGRAMS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2016
The work was very nice, during that time I learned how to take the DC metro transportation, I also gained a sense of independence and maturity. I met all kinds of people and engaged with my coworkers.Over all it was a great experience.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
No lunch breaks
Productive place with good emplyees
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2016
Very nice place to work, especially with the benefits of meeting new people, gaining lifelong skills and free employee lunches.
Geat Work Enviornment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to learn and grow. Good support team and leadership. Great people. Great organization, does great things for the community.
No ping pong table.
Cook/Pre (Former Employee) –  WashingtonJuly 29, 2015
A typical day at work was fun, loving, hard work, teaching each other something new in the kitchen, like how to make a new meal te people happy. There never was a hard park of the job, you work togerther as a team.
Cons
Great place to work depending on who you work for...
Workshop Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2014
I was working with a summer program that had with high school students for 6 weeks. It was really fun and a nice way to give back to the community, the only issue that came about with this job I blame on timing and events which can't be predicted. This summer that I worked here the head supervisor's father died so he ended up not being as involved in putting the program together as he usually would have and left his second in command in charge. She was unprepared, it was a 6 week program and in the 1st week she asked the employees to give her a supply list which we did but we didn't receive the supplies until the middle of week 3. So needless to say the program didn't run smoothly. But I believe that if the original supervisor was there things would have went smoothly.
A little help doesn't hurt anybody!!
Finance Department Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2014
I love the fact of the opportunity provided to me, I was able to learn and had hands on experience in two departments at the same time. I was able to start learning Human Resources and Accounting experience. I was able to learn from creating a new employees file to enter employees benefits information in the system and also helped process payroll.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2013
I was young when I started working here. This was a place where the kids from the block used to go to. Everyone knew everyone. The management there were always on top of your work and wanted you to do great at the job. The most enjoyable part of the day was helping kids out and feeding the homeless. I learned a lot while I was there.
Pros
education, different work shops
Productive and loving enviorment.
Recreational Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2013
I held a position here as summer employment. I was one of the children who once required help from Marthas Table and was welcomed with open arms.
Great place, great people.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2013
Very nice place, they do a lot for the community. I enjoyed working with this organization.
Exemplary public service center
Meal Preparation (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2013
Meals are prepared daily and served to those in need. There is also a thrift store and a center for education for youth and teens.
Pros
helping the community, helping raise youth
Cons
time consuming
SYEP (Former Employee) –  washington dcMarch 18, 2013
Make Food And Pass Out To The Homeless Or Less Fortunate, Math ANd English Classes, I Loved Preparing The Food Bcuz I Like To Cook
Pros
overall fun
Fasted paced workplace with warm hearted people.
Volunteer- prep and Server (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo,MI 49007December 3, 2012
One day a week 4-6 hours, fast paced. Had to be very independent. I learned how to manage time lot more effectivley. Also so I learned that no matter how different a walk of life may be you'll never know how easily you can end up in a tight position. My co-workers were wonderful I still keep in contact with all of them and we had a blast serving our clients.The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles after they've been given a warm meal. The hardest part was having find away to make food stretch when head count exceeded the amount of food food available.
Learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 17, 2012
Got a chance to work with homeless population in Washington DC. We prepared meals and drove to few parks to hand them out. It is a learning experience that i will never forget.
Productive and very helpful to others with plenty of children activities.
prep (Former Employee) –  Washington,DCMay 31, 2011
Marthas Table is a place that focus on the homeless and needy people who need a little encouragement or assistance with food and/or clothing. Marthas Table has provided food for hundreds of needy people daily giving them full course meals three times a day with snacks and providing the homeless with clothing in there time of need. The staff of Marthas Table are very nice and respectable people who dedicate there time to helping those who are in need.
Pros
help is here
Cons
very fun