Martha Jefferson Hospital Employee Reviews

Pharmacy Manager - Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 20, 2017
This was a great place to work. Your experience and knowledge were valued. You always had an opportunity to provide input on how things were done and where the organization was going.
Love the company mission
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 28, 2017
I was staff nurse then a nursing case manager. I loved to teach and taught many families to care for their own child so they could stay in their own home.
Decent place to work
orderly and well-stocked environment (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 27, 2017
It is a physically and emotionally challenging place to work sometimes but has a familial quality. Benefits are pretty good as well.You will often work short which is one reason I left.
Amazing place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 20, 2017
I have been there six years now i have learned so much. Each day is a new challenge every day you see something new and learn more and more. Team work is a big key .
Pros
Amazing group of ladies and gents to work with
Cons
management not helpful
good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 5, 2016
I do not think you should require past employees to review their previous jobs. This is silly and not fair to your new clients.
Unfortunate changes since Sentara purchase
Clinician 2 RN (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 24, 2015
Cut-backs have made nursing challenging - less time for patients. The 'old' community MJH is no longer there....management less connected with staff (spend too much time in meetings); nurses feel frustrated that the 'personal' touch has gone due to generally busy units.
co-workers
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  charottesville vaOctober 21, 2015
Really great team, good pay. Job security an issue due to over budgeting issues. No opportunity for advancement. Recently told we will have to cut an FTE but no specifics as to who or when
Pros
HOURS
Volunteered at a medical/surgical clinic.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 17, 2015
I assisted the nurses by rooming patients, prepping treatment rooms, faxing, filing, copying, and sorting mail. My co-workers were great and wanted me to take vitals and assist them in various ways. However, because I was hired as a volunteer, the clinic supervisor could not authorize me to perform any functions of an RN. The hardest part of my job was accepting these limitations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people contact, which included the doctors, nurses, management, and especially the patients and their families. I was thankful for the opportunity to serve.
Pros
Wonderful hospital setting.
Cons
No pay or benefits as a volunteer.
I love Martha Jefferson Hospital and it's caring tradition.
Clinical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, Virginia 22911September 4, 2015
I love my job at Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital. A typical work day starts by 7 am for me and the environment is friendly and quiet. My manager appreciates my hard work and skills, and my coworkers are very supportive. The hardest part of the job is the up and coming ICD-10 change, and the most enjoyable part is the people I work with and the fact that I love what I do.
Pros
parking at the door
Cons
no access to food in our building
Great management position
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 10, 2015
I was the office manager of a medical facility. I loved the challenge and the staff. I enjoyed coordinating and multi-tasking. Working directly with people in helping solve issues was very rewarding. It was a wonderful job and wonderful work environment.
Pros
Challenging position
Typical day
Kitchen Supervisor and Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 25, 2015
open department . Check on Catering jobs for the morning . Start on soups for the day. Make sure production for the day is delegated correctly. Production for day has to be ready by 10:30 am. Make sure it is delivered to cafe. Then also supervise Greenberry cafe and there production. Oversee production of the Paitient food for the day. Attend to all other production needs for the day and production for next day. Make sure all paperwork is being done and check on signage for the cafe.
Pros
Good people
Cons
lack of future growth
Awesome Place to work
Director of Facility Services (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 13, 2014
Awesome place to work.
Very caring and warm environment.
Great people.
Great Facility
Pros
Great Facility
Martha is fantastic!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  charlottesville, vaSeptember 5, 2014
This is a very caring community and I highly reccomend everyone to visit. I love evrything about my job and I am very saddened that education has taken a toll and causing me to have to pursue a nursing career elsewhere. Martha Jefferson not only provides imaculate health care but we are also a very family oriented facility that can be trusted
Great place
Medical Assistant/Office support specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 14, 2014
This is my second review because indeed is forcing me to make this again. It is a great place to work and the people are nicer.
Pros
stuff
Cons
Things
Excellent clean hospital with state of the art equipment
Clinical instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 29, 2014
Voted the most beautiful hospital in America in 2011. It was a pleasure to work here alongside a great and knowledgeable staff. Great work experience!
A nice place to work...
IT Support/Engineering (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 23, 2014
It really depends on your department. But overall, very nice and professional people.
Pros
Salary wasn't bad.
Cons
Healthcare changes
Great
Medical Assistant/Office support specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 14, 2014
I liked it a lot!!! It is changing, but into a more developed hospital with many people and I can't say to much more about it.
good
bad
Excellent work place
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 19, 2014
I speak directly with patients and verify insurances. I work with a great team of nurses and physicians where we all do our part to help our patients feel better. I enjoy speaking with patients, and documenting all information I need from them.
Pros
Excellent co workers
Martha Jefferson
Office Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 4, 2014
ITs a nice place to work. Fleixibility is amazing, great management, great benefits
O.R. is a horrible place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 27, 2014
Management is awful. If you are not a pet you are dumped on, the surg techs in particular are expected to do everyone's work. No turnover help, expected to clean own instruments while on call. Co-workers are miserable, high turnover of staff, generally an unhappy place to work. Can't keep a second shift staff,or they call in all the time, so often have to work a 24hr shift with no notice.The physicians are nice to work with for the most part. But as a whole I definitely would look elsewhere for employment.
Pros
Physicians
Cons
O.R. manager, co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martha Jefferson Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2