Martha Jefferson Hospital

Martha Jefferson Hospital Employer Reviews

Great place
Medical Assistant/Office support specialist (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: stuff
Cons: things
This is my second review because indeed is forcing me to make this again. It is a great place to work and the people are nicer.
Excellent clean hospital with state of the art equipment
Clinical instructor (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 29, 2014
Voted the most beautiful hospital in America in 2011. It was a pleasure to work here alongside a great and knowledgeable staff. Great work experience!
A nice place to work...
IT Support/Engineering (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: salary wasn't bad.
Cons: healthcare changes
It really depends on your department. But overall, very nice and professional people.
Great
Medical Assistant/Office support specialist (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: bad
I liked it a lot!!! It is changing, but into a more developed hospital with many people and I can't say to much more about it.
Excellent work place
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 19, 2014
Pros: excellent co workers
I speak directly with patients and verify insurances. I work with a great team of nurses and physicians where we all do our part to help our patients feel better. I enjoy speaking with patients, and documenting all information I need from them.
Martha Jefferson
Office Support Specialist (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 4, 2014
ITs a nice place to work. Fleixibility is amazing, great management, great benefits
O.R. is a horrible place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAMay 27, 2014
Pros: physicians
Cons: o.r. manager, co-workers
Management is awful. If you are not a pet you are dumped on, the surg techs in particular are expected to do everyone's work. No turnover help, expected to clean own instruments while on call. Co-workers are miserable, high turnover of staff, generally an unhappy place to work. Can't keep a second shift staff,or they call in all the time, so often have – more... to work a 24hr shift with no notice.The physicians are nice to work with for the most part. But as a whole I definitely would look elsewhere for employment. – less
ok place
lead central transporter (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: managment
Was a great work environment untill new managment. Now its barely worth the trouble.
Enjoyed patient and colleague experiences
RN Shift Coordinator Ambulatory Unit (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VADecember 15, 2013
Pros: received lunch break, teamwork
Cons: negativism
Last few years managed the day to day operations on 50 bed unit, did performance evaluations, conflict management, if we had call outs or high patient volume I took a patient assignment during first 8 hours of my shift and then did nursing and bed assignment for next day the last two hours of the day. Used EBP to change policies Hardest part of the – more... day is keeping staff members positive and patient care directed. Most enjoyable part patient care and interactions with patients, family members, and my colleagues Resource person for clinical and computer questions. I'm a positive team player and would like my colleagues encourage this type of work behavior – less
Great work environment
Applications Specialist Martha Jefferson Hospital (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VANovember 13, 2013
Great people to work with. Everyone shares information and are great to get along with.
Loved it!!!
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VANovember 2, 2013
Greatest place I have ever worked at!!! Wish I could go back!!!
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: atmosphere
Martha Jefferson Hospital was my first place of employment as an RN. It was a wonderful place to work. Co-workers and management were very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I enjoyed gaining new skills in a supportive atmosphere.
Got to learn something new.
Unit Secretary, Cornell 1- Telemetry Unit (Former Employee), Charlottesville VAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: always something to do, very busy.
Cons: no room to advance upward.
Just not for me. I was in a completely different environment then ever before. I was not comfortable with patient care and being around death on a regular basic.
Fast paced job
Assist nurses (CNA) (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VaMay 1, 2013
Pros: worked with good people
Cons: there was not enough help
When i would arrive at work we would be given a side of the hall that could have as many as 12 patients and thats the patients i was assigned for the day, I would write all the important information about the patients, when vital signs need to be taken, if they just got out of surgery, what their diet is, if they are diabetic any any other important – more... information on the patients . When i found out who my patients were i would go to each patients rooms and identify myself and ask them if there was anything I could get them. If they need medicine i will let the patients nurse know what they need. – less
Great place to work!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAMarch 6, 2013
Incredible company to work for. The staff is extremely nice and truly cares for patients and employees.
Good work place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 24, 2013
Busy office, learned a lot. I went to work everyday and gave 100% each and everyday.
Fast paced fun and very productive work environment
Office Support Specialist/CMA (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 19, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing the best customer service possible to my patients which in turn allows me to provide the best care. A typical day at work is fast paced and hectic but I would not have it any other way.
Fast paced fun and very productive work environment
community based care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: decent benefits, patient centered care
Cons: extremely difficult to maneuver the long halls, empty spaces increase noise, multiple equipment alarms
It has a new modern hospital, always making improvements to provide quality health care,& a nice place to be if one needs to be there
Loved this Hospital
CHARGE NURSE, ED (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VADecember 27, 2012
Good benefits, value their empolyees. Would have loved to take it with me when I moved.

Martha Jefferson Hospital Photos