Martin's Fantasy Island

Martin's Fantasy Island Employer Reviews

Fun but low pay and few hours
Catering Employee (Former Employee), Grand Island, NYJune 21, 2014
Pros: free food, friendly coworkers
Cons: extremely hot, poor scheduling, little room for advancement
When I first started here I enjoyed it. The second summer not so much. I was told that I would get more hours, that didn't happen. I would be told a day before when I was scheduled to work and sometimes I would be called an hour before I was supposed to start that they didn't need me to come in. Management gives themselves and their friends all the hours. First you stack up buns, then I would serve guest, then I would wash pans for a few hours. There had been some complaints about a few of my coworkers, nothing was done by management and the following year these people were actually promoted.
For the most part when I was there I enjoyed it. It was easy work and I got to talk to a lot of people. To me it seemed like for they would favor you just to get you to stick around for another year. It's a great job to get some work experience because they hire anyone, but after a summer I suggest finding another job.
Maintain all rides.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Grand Island, NYApril 10, 2014
Pros: free admision for my family and friends.
Cons: owner was very moody.
Ride every ride in morning before we opened. Lube tracks for the coaster. Inspect rides every day.
How an amusement place runs.
Management was okay.
Co-workers were easy going.
Hardest part was lubricating
the coaster tracks, and teardown.
The water park had a lot of things to do every morning.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 17, 2013
A typical day at Martin's Fantasy Island is that I'll arrive to work punch in and go straight to my station. I prepare the machines, wipe down counters, tables, benches, prepare food. Count the money to make sure I start off with the full amount. As the day goes on I cook and prepared food and also cash people out with a positive attitude. Towards the end of the day I start to clean my station up and take the garbage out.
Fun environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Grand Island, NYMarch 5, 2013
Hard at first becomes like a family after working a few summers. Awesome co-workers. Great park for families with younger children.
The hardest part of the job
Rides Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Island, NYMay 31, 2012
Pros: free passes to the park
Cons: no benefits
The hardest part of the job was telling a child who wasn't tall enough that he/she couldn't go on a ride and listening to the parents yell and complain how they paid so much money and thier child cant go on. I mean safety does come first at an amusment park but I hated saying no to someone who couldn't ride and telling their parents they were to short to ride because I am sure that child would of loved the ride they couldnt go on.