Martin-Brower Employee Reviews

Run from this company
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJuly 22, 2017
Martin Brower in Fridley, MN is one of the worst companies I have ever work for. Management without any preparation and a hostile work environment. Be ready to give your life away with a tons of work for a low pay. Funny that they make you sign a form that allows the company give you more work than the required for the position. But don't take this comment for granted just search in google a review of this company and you will see.
Pros
Free Coffe
Cons
Hostile supervisors and managers
Warehouse Supervisor/Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 17, 2017
At times it can be busy but you will get to go home and they take care of their employees. Management is very understanding and always there when you need anything.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Sodas, Company Cookout
Cons
I love working there.
Worked there for 32 years!!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Harriman, NYJuly 15, 2017
I worked at Martin Brower NY for 32 years Started when it was Metroplex at Edison NJ I watched it grow to a major Corporation If you are willing to work hard and be honest you can make as much money as you want!! Not a easy job like drop and hook you have to have patience and be a people person Supervision is there when you need but mostly it is a self supervised job. The equipment is the best in the industry. If you are looking for a job look someware else but if your looking for a career this is the place!!!
Pros
Money making
Cons
Hard work
ss
Handler (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 10, 2017
one of the best environments i have ever worked in. i was a dispatcher and the way my manager ran the company made it a breeze for me. we had a great team that was all focused on being great team players and getting the job done.
good pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 5, 2017
Their customers were great to work with and support and the company pays well.
I do not have any addition comments to make about working there other than the company pay wells.
Pros
salary
Cons
do not care about their employees
Very productive fast paced 88
Forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2017
Working at Martin Brower is a very fast paced job and also very stressful especially working second shift yu dont have time for family and friends your at work everyday
Godd Company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJune 24, 2017
Able to make good money if you are able to work flexible scedule. Many opprotunties to work at sister companie al over the state. Pay is fair and mangement listens to your concerns.
Pros
Fun fast paced environmen
Cons
some lay over required
Same as sysco
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Sealy, TXJune 23, 2017
Seamed liked a family company but was a Fortune 500 company I'm not looking for a management job just a place to travel and explore the world . Why are you asked about the company when you should be asking about me?
You'll make a lot of money but your life is gone
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNJune 20, 2017
It's union so per the contract you get forced to work a 12hr shift there goes your off day. So if you don't use a no force you pretty much working the whole week. If you don't mind working a lot this is the job for you
Pros
Ma
No place to grow
Driver (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJune 20, 2017
The company at DFW do not back the employees, upper management do not understand the line business that there in. HR and the benefits are subpar. The culture is very different.
not a bad place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMay 31, 2017
I enjoyed the fast pace an picking to try an get faster It as like exercise for 10 hours an made the day go by fast but the management stinks no compashion or understanding for employees
Pros
keep in shape
Cons
managment
Great
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2017
This is a great place to work for. They do everything by the book and is all safety. There motto is safety first. very clean warehouse with nice new equipment.
great place to work with lots of opportunity for growth
Truck Driver Class A/safety instructor (Current Employee) –  Harriman, NYMay 29, 2017
ive been an employee at martin brower for over2 years and i can say that they really care for thier employees,they go above and beyond to ensure that thier employees are happy and they provide everything you need to be successful at your job,from new trucks and trailers with great equipment to uniforms and ppe,to even snacks for thier drivers.the management team really tries to keep the drivers happy and keep you earning money.ive had tremendous sucess here and would recommend this company to anyone willing to work hard and create a future with a great company
Pros
lots of chances to make big money
Cons
none that i know of
I thought i was going to retire from MB
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 24, 2017
I worked there for almost 25 years and was terminated because I had 3 non injury or non accident related drive cam events within one year after being on the road for almost 25 years
Great Pay but that's it
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 22, 2017
If you're looking for a place to start your management career, look elsewhere. The culture is good-ole-boy, so if you're an outsider, look for another place to call home.
Nice equipment and job
Delivery Driver former (Former Employee) –  St Johns MiMay 13, 2017
Great job and pay and benefits but being a 24/7 operation if your not used to that or odd hours it aint your gig I lost my certification for driving and my job but hoping to heck to get back!
Pros
Equipment break room perks ot after 8 hrs
Cons
Odd schedule
fast paced
Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Harriman, NYMay 9, 2017
fast pace enviorment worked more then 12 hrs on a day. enjoyable at times and very stressfull. would recommend to friends. would love to work there again if I got the opportunity.
Excellent company to have worked for
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grove, ILMay 8, 2017
Worked for the Director of Marketing. Worked with all the different distribution centers in the U.S. and Canada. Typical day would be typing purchase orders, answering the phone, travel arrangements.
The people at Martin-Brower were great to work with.
Review
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 3, 2017
To whom it may concern:
This was a great company to work for. I would work there again. As always, a better opportunity is the reason I left. I highly recommend this company.
productive and fun workplace
Order Selector/Loader/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAApril 24, 2017
its a very productive workplace its also fun and feels like family.The pay is also great..everyone gets along and work as a team to get the job done according and in a timely manner
Pros
always advancement in the company, benefits and pay are great
Cons
20 minute breaks and cant leave to get food, also takes alot of time away from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin-Brower. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9