Martin Brower Employee Reviews in United States

Custodian (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, MIMay 11, 2016
Great place to work. Good and caring coworkers and management. It offers great advancement opportunities, full time status and benefits. One downfall is it is a 24/7 operation and may require some weekends.
hard work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHApril 17, 2016
This job includes lifting heavy boxes all day Until you get done. You rarely only work an 8 hour day. Unless maybe you don't break. God forbid you get put in the freezer.. Everything freezes.
Pros
pay
Cons
people
Great workplace and environment
Loader/Selector (Former Employee) –  Nlr, ARFebruary 2, 2016
Come in for daily meeting. Start loading carts onto truck with walkie rider pallet jacks. Learned how to use walkie rider pallet jacks. Everyone there was great to work with. Sometimes we would work from 6am - 9pm when busy.
Pros
Large paychecks
Nice fast paced environment
Professional Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNDecember 7, 2015
Solid workplace with a fair management team. The distribution side of the job is production based. The Martin Brower team is awesome. A solid group of individuals all working together to accomplish goals passed down from the management team.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
long strenuous hours
okay place to work for
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 19, 2015
This is a good company to work for but the Conroe location has big time management issues. There is a new transportation manager every 4-5 months and a lot of new hired drivers that don't last more than a week
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
management issue constantly
tyctyk
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, MISeptember 11, 2015
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty
Good Job not flexable on hours
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAAugust 24, 2015
I Like management and the operation but wasn't flexable on my school schedule. Good coworkers everybody was friendly. Pay was good every week starting off but I didn't like how it was based off production.
Solid Employer
WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS MANGER (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNAugust 12, 2015
Company takes good care of their employees. Solid recognition and compensation. Would recommend to others. Customer focused. Good benefits.
fast paced. very physical
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  coatesvilleJuly 27, 2015
great fast paced job. gym membership not needed. great co-workers. good equipment. never a slow work day. must not be afriad to work hard every day
Pros
maintains heath
Cons
different shifts
Very strong and reputable company
Transportation/Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2015
Family oriented company. Heavy volume, fast paced and structured to be goal oriented. Employees took pride in their work. Customers were considered "Partners" I enjoyed being part of a winning organization.
Good benifets and pay for location
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 15, 2015
Warehouse is a okay place to work wish managment listened to its employees more and took more time to sit and listen and hear our ideas on how it would work out
Typical Day at Martin brower
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2015
Typical day was in the freezer making sure that stock and shipment was made on time while following OSHA guidelines. Great company to work for. very family oriented
very fun and safe work place
3rd shift order selector lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work was order pulling for me
I learned how to stack cart in the right way and order
I enjoyed the job very much.
Not for those who want free time
Material Handler/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAApril 19, 2015
I am grateful to have a job, however the hours are bad. I am called everyday to be told what time I will need to be in that day. I never see my family. Most days, I am there over 10 hours, and am required to come back in with as little as 4 hours in between shifts. Not to mention, its extreme heavy lifting and hard labor. I have been injured twice in less than a year, yet worked my last job for eight without ever getting hurt on the job. Many many more issues, too much to list. If you can get any other job, do so.
Pros
pay
Cons
No set schedule
great crew to work with and had new trucks
Driver/warehouse (Former Employee) –  salt lake city utahMarch 25, 2015
hardest part was the shift work am to pm shifts, but the team was great to work with. I never had a job that had such great personal time off.
Pros
discounts at mcdonalds
Cons
only half an hour lunch break
high pace and stressful
Professional Truck Driver/ Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMarch 12, 2015
No one willing to work with anyone on scheduling, people not doing there jobs and others forced to pick up the slack. miss managed, would be a great place to work at if it was managed properly.
Cons
short breaks, racial remarks, poorly treated, missed managed.
Awful Place to work
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OhioMarch 11, 2015
Hard to get a advancement unless you kiss the supervisor's Butt . There is a huge turn over . Pay is not that great for what you are expected to do. You can never locate Supervisors at the desk when you need something they just wonder around doing nothing
Pros
some friendly co workers
Cons
short breaks, long hrs, fast paced, rude supervisors, bad management
Not a bad place to work
Confidential (Former Employee) –  ManassasMarch 2, 2015
Job security for those who are dedicated to doing well at the job. Poor leadership at the Manassas facility. There are many hard working employees, culture is that of each for himself and not of teamwork. Employees do get along with each other well and work hard to get the job done.
Pros
Good work life balance, competitive pay
Cons
Warehouse Management does not care about the employees, they are looked down upon.
Not a bad place to work. Good money and benifits
Warehouse/ Selector/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Not a bad place to work. The Money and benefits are good. The hours and the schedule are not good. For the most part the people are good to work for.
Pros
good money and benifits
Cons
long hours, work schedule
The people I worked with made going to work fun.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 6, 2015
During the work day at Martin Brower I would dispatch drivers, supervise them while they were on the road, making sure that they were adhering to DOT regulations and create problem solvers while they are on the road.