Martin Health System Employee Reviews

very good work place
CLINICAL DIETITIAN (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLOctober 18, 2017
Generate work list form consults, screens, follow-ups, Patients on nutrition support. Attend to emails from manager, co-workers and hospital staff. Attend Multi-disciplinary team rounding on my assigned units - Medial ICU, stroke unit and Open Heart step-down unit. Hardest part is ICU care. Most enjoyable part is seeing positive outcome from the application of Medical Nutrition therapy.
Pros
schedule flexibility
the most enjoyable part of the job
Infusion Services Site Coordinator - Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 17, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients and helping them to get the quality healthcare that they so desperately need.
Hearing the patients stories and seeing there face light up when I am able to help them improve there quality of care is so rewarding.
Pros
Great co-workers and very rwarding to be able to help a patients quality of life
Cons
very difficult to advance in my position and not given any job goals or direction for the future
A lovely place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLOctober 10, 2017
A lovely place to work. A family. Busy community hospital system. Focused on community. Great IT resources. Parking issues at times due to construction.
Not so stressful environment with lack of advancement possibilities.
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 30, 2017
While working at Martin is not a stressful environment, because it's a not for profit hospital the pay scale is very low, hours are kept to a minimum, and benefits are difficult to obtain if you are not a full time employee.
stressful
Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 9, 2017
well run lab
some stress as lawnwood is an open heart trauma facility
I felt their training was somewhat ineffective; there was know computer training and trained with a different associate every
day
great company to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 31, 2017
Report to work, take on assignments. assigned to a group of patients. in the Pre op/PACU area, alternate week in department. one week pre op, the other week in PACU/Recovery
Pros
love what the company stands for, team work
Cons
taking calls on days off
Martin Health System
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 29, 2017
Fun, friendly and fantastic facility that has undergone many changes recently. Many top level leaders have come and gone and this has created a lot of flux and uncertainty about the future. Front line staff are engaged and committed to high quality patient care and quality outcomes.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
salary and nepotism
Easy going.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 20, 2017
They were easy going and it was a great learning experience. Free lunch, eight hour shifts, was allowed to arrive early, workplace environment was easy going.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
healthcare
not comment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 4, 2017
Job security is not good... They are a none profit organization.. and don't know how to treat there employee. The pay also suck.. doesn't matter what's going on they want you to come to work.. Don't give one thing about there employee...
Excellent place to work..
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 13, 2017
Do the job.
Keep your head down.
Do as asked and you can retire from here..

Martin has always had the "I can do" attitude. They are a great place to work if you like to work.
excellent place to work
Managed Care Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 5, 2017
Martin is a great company with a lot of respect for their employees. Great benefits, PTO, 401K match, vested after 3 years. They really care about their workers.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLFebruary 7, 2017
I have had the opportunity to work for a great hospital. I have been given the chance to grow and advance in position as well as be a part of a great leadership program within the health system.
Awesome
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. Everybody was extremely friendly. Everybody was willing to help everybody. They worked great with my home schedule and my nursing school schedule.
A great place to expand your potential knowledge of a family entertainment facility
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed the work provided to me and some of the benefits in which you were appreciated every month for your hard work and given the opportunity to enjoy the amusements throughout the facility.
Pros
Free cards to play arcade games and go on the rides.
Stressful days
Cook/Prep/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 2, 2016
The job was good. I enjoyed working with my co workers. Management was horrible. The education they taught me was outstanding I can use throughout my food culture
Pros
Fee meals only to food nutrition staff
Cons
Health care lunch break
N/a
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 2, 2016
Great place to work for, I learned a lot. The people are great, the atmosphere is contagious. You can't help but do more when you can.
A changing organization, with positive goals in mind to benefit patients
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 20, 2016
Working with patients and families, assisting with any concerns at hand.

Everyday, I learn something or hear something new that helps me to improve in my job performance. I continue to educate myself with programs inside and outside of work.

Management is making significant improvements within the organization.

We work together as a team.

The hardest part of my job is when I am challenged with seeing a family member or patient, that is suffering and it is out of my control.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being there to support the patients and family members, making a significant difference and having a positive impact in their lives.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, teamwork, insurance
Cons
pto time
My Summation
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 25, 2016
I started with Martin Health Systems working the day shift. I was hired right out of school, picked from many applicants who also completed clinicals with Martin. I gained experience in the operating room and in fluoro procedures. I gravitated to the night shift. I now am the lead tech at Tradition Medical Center on the overnight shift. I manage the department overnight on my own. I complete all clerical work throughout the night as well as perform and exceed the duties expected of me as a technologist. I am efficient, self motivated and reliable. I only work with my coworkers are only in the morning at this time.

The most exciting part of my job are the trauma cases that come in to the ER. The hardest part of my job are any cases involving pediatric patients. Tradition Medical Center has a state of the art birthing and NICU center, and as a result, many of my patients are from the NICU. I complete projects for the betterment of my department for management, such as my last project on Value Based Purchasing. I am in a mentoring program with my site supervisor for management, I have learned tremendously from her about the business aspect of our department.

The problem here is that positions for management do not open up often and if they do, they are secretly given to friends and favorites, and many better qualified applicants are given the opportunity to even interview for the positions.
Pros
Full benefits, great work invironment
Cons
Slow advancement opportunities
Loved working there
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 29, 2015
Great company to work for, friendly environment. They really care for their associates. I would still work there if I hadn't relocated.
Positive work enviroment
Certified MyChart Analyst/Support (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 2, 2015
Martin Health System has a very plesant work enviroment. Management doesn't micro manage, so you can work at a pace that allows you to succeed.
Pros
Employee appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Martin Health System Reviews by Location