Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital

Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Brand new hospital but poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAAugust 23, 2017
It is a brand new hospital. It has a lot of potential. However, the quality of the staffs are very poor. Management aware of the problems. However, they are not trying to fix it. Their only concern is "the budget". Unhealthy work culture is already developed by the first wave of staffs. There is no team work. The staffs are not interested in patient care. It is really difficult to develop a healthy work environment. People just come and go. They don't care!!
Pros
Brand new hosptial
Cons
poor management, unhealthy work culture, not enough staff
Friendly staff. Great work environment!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  MLKCHAugust 14, 2017
I really enjoy my position working at MLKCH. Everyone is so friendly and very helpful with any questions I have. Adapting to change is really important if you are looking to join this organization. One of my favorite things about working here is my ability to share my ideas in a team environment.

It is really nice working for a new and exciting company that has a big impact on the community it supports. I still wake up excited to go to work in the morning.
Great place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2017
Overall I it is a positive, flexible, friendly work environment. Everyone is very welcomed and team oriented. I enjoy seeing different patients every day when I walk in to the hospital, which makes this job so much rewarding. The facility is brand new :).
Pros
Cafteria food is amazing!!!
Productive, Fast Paced, Friendly and Welcoming
Health IT Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAAugust 6, 2017
MLK staff is very welcoming and supportive. They will help you adapt to the environment. Also interactions with every department are rewarding. Patient first mentality shows in the way staff works and behaves.
Pros
Quick paced. Friendly environment.
Cons
Still developing methods and procedures
Amazing Place
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2017
Started to work full time in HR department, the people, work environment and hospital staff is great. They all made me feel very welcomed and part of a family.
Pros
Cafe down stairs, employee perks
Average
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2017
The hospital is new with great potential, but need experience in management. The community is in need of a hospital and hopefully management will be revamped and the hospital stays for the long run.
Registered Nurse/ Clinical Unit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2017
Its a great place to work. The management team is great. There is room to grow and advance your career. There is nothing else that i want to write on here.
Not a good place for travel nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2016
Travel nurses are let go for unjustified complaints. They only want travel nurses when they are desperate; management not professional
Cons
no team atmosphere
curent job
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAFebruary 3, 2016
it's a new hospital and a good learning experience but the management is not at a good standing point they need a lot of help there is no sense of team work nor communication. they really need to work on this
Hospital
ER Registration/Main Admitting/Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Compton californiaNovember 13, 2015
its getting busy at work now

Register patients

verified insurances

customer service

fast pass area

work goes by fast

work in main admitting as well Emergency Room
Cons
working every weekend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8