Martin Marietta Materials

Martin Marietta Materials Employee Reviews

Weigh Master/Dispatcher (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Gift cards were given!
Cons: No clean restrooms, had to use a portapotty!
I tried to learn the business from some of the people that worked there, but they wouldn`t train well enough to understand the steps!
Great Company
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2015
Brett Niccum is a great manager that actually caress about his employees. The company has wonderful benefits and the culture is family oriented.
good pplace to work
Asphalt Plant Foreman (Former Employee), colo spgs co.May 15, 2015
excellent place. would recomend to anyone for a good future and a bright future,good opportunity for growth and endless possibility
Porductive and fun workpalce
Plant Operator (Former Employee), HondoMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: lunch breaks
Iv learned a lot working for martin Marietta this is a good company to work for. The people are great they teach you what you need to know they go above and beyond.
stable job long hrs low pay
Ready mix delivery driver (Former Employee), san antonio texasApril 27, 2015
Pros: stable job
Cons: low pay, benefits expensive, family time limited
long hrs low pay family time limited
benefits very expensive safety was not the main focus production was more important was need it back then room for improvement
Amazing company to work for. Superior work enviroment!
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2015
I have had the pleasure of working in this industry for 8 years. Martin Marietta has been one of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure to work for. My days are filled with communicating to all customers in our surrounding areas, entering projects into the system, communicating tax information and paperwork to our tax team, building and sustaining relationships with my own customers, managing accounts and billing, and supporting our outside sales represenatives. The management team at Martin Marietta is very supportive and very knowledgable. The team atmosphere I have the pleasure of working in is absolutly amazing. Everything we do, we do as a team, together. Hardest part of my job is getting responses back from customers in a timley manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to deal with those customers. I love people and having that contact with them on a daily basis is amazing.
Martin Marietta Materials
Utility Operator, Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Western slopeFebruary 24, 2015
I am currently looking for a new job in the western slope area due to corporate decisions to pull out of the western slope area so I will be job detached..
worst place to work at
plant ops (Former Employee), iowaJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: bad management, no family life, no free time, no room to advance
You have no time for family if you are single or older with kids grown and out of house its perfect for you. Management is pathetic the leadman over step managers all the time just plain horrible Place to work
very safety minded company
equipment operator ,mechanic (Current Employee), boonsboro mdJanuary 6, 2015
to be safe and productive at crushing stone being safe is very important management is strict about safety coworkers are very safety minded the hardest part of the job is making sure customers and contractors follow all safety rules the most enjoyable part of job is knowing you helped made a quality product
Good entry level job opportunity for a recent college graduate.
QUALITY CONTROL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Cayce, SCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good work schedule.
Cons: only five paid vacations days a year.
Nice work enviroment with professionals that love the work they do. Co-workers and management give you all the necessary tools needed to learn anything you want to know about your job.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 28, 2014
Great place to work. The best co workers Great emphasis is placed on family.
No work/home balance
Inside Sales / CSR II / Dispatch (Current Employee), TexasOctober 11, 2014
Learned a lot about construction/concrete
Not many positions to advance within
Fun place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee), Red Oak, GAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: outstanding teamwork
I have already reviewed this company. It is an awesome company to work for. I have gained quite a bit of knowledge working for this company. Their people is an important asset. Safety is of top priority.
Plenty of work
Maintenance Technician / Utility (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: plenty of breaks.
Cons: start times are wierd. very physical work.
The work is very physical and the outside environment is also an element you have to deal with. There is plenty of overtime but the daily start time is text-ed to you daily. Work shift is day or night. Hours are 8, 10 or 12.
Busy work environment with little room for errors.
AP SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Raleigh, North CarolinaJuly 18, 2014
Pros: company is financially solid.
Cons: advancement is limited.
Typical day at work is busy. I have learned to work well with difficult people both inside and outside the company. My co-workers are very diversified in their work habits. The hardest part of the job is not having much input in procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing it well.
loved the job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Calera, ALApril 13, 2014
the only reason im not there is the economy layoff ...loved working there
Great place for advancement
Plant Operator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: working by myself, great benefits
Cons: not enough time for family
A typical work day would be to keep a constant eye on incoming material, keep a look out for damaged clips, belts screens, etc. Help keep and maintain a clean work environment as well as upkeep to rock quarry plant. I learned many procedures and skills while working for MMM. Management was good and understanding as well as the co-workers, unfortunately half of the employees were related to management so it sometimes became a matter of favoritism. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when you were done with your shift, as a plant operator, you are always the one left behind to finish all the little things. The most enjoyable part of the day was the drive home.
Fast pace environment, have to be able to handle extreme pressure and high workload
Office Manager (Former Employee), Uvalde, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great environment with co workers
Cons: no lunch breaks, commute long located out of town, alot of micro-managment
Work is not an issue, the job itself is great, typical office duties, need to be a tad thick skinned to work in a all male environment
Very enjoyable atmosphere and rewarding experience
Benefits Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: work/live balance
Excellent company with plenty of upward mobility. Great people!!
MMM
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 31, 2013
Pros: great compensation & benefits
Cons: very, very good ole boy network. only whites get promoted or retained.
Martin Marietta is in the construction industry. Many employees have long tenure and have moved up through the ranks. However, the culture is very conservative and out-right politically incorrect. Refinement of employee demeanor unfortunately did not conicide with promotions.

Consequently, if you do not like football or if you are not married and actively procreating, there really is no place for you in Martin.

Martin Marietta Materials Salaries