Martin Marietta Materials Employee Reviews

good place to work
Red Oak Quarry - Gyratory operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, GANovember 8, 2017
good place to work as long you do as you are told of course but the rock quarry i was at the new plant manager plays favortism if you are not his pick he gets rid of you an if you are his pick he looks past the things you do that you suppose to get fired for
A Company Where You're Never Forgotten
HAUL TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 8, 2017
I can't put in words how much I miss working for Martin Marietta, other than the atmosphere, environment, benefits, co-workers, and overall pay excels almost any rivaling company.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Severe weather = closed plant
Qc
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2017
Great Place to work. Always something new to learn and expand yourself. Upper MGRS. treated everyone well. every quarter your got a nice lunch and safety rewards.
Kool place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 2, 2017
Good people to work around. Slow sometimes and good pay. Friendly nice folks that run the plant. Hours crazy ...but it's not hard work at all. Alot of plants to choose from.
Good people to work with and for.
Loader Operator/Batchman (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 30, 2017
I loved this job. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my managers were great. I learned a lot about time management and working well with a variety of people and their different backgrounds. very good experience. wish I could of stayed longer.
Hard Rock Mining
Preventive Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 17, 2017
Typical Mining operation and maintenance of Primary Crushing Operation, jaw crusher standard crushers, screens, conveyors, operate equipment. No room for advancement.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 27, 2017
Great benefits!!! Good place to work, but supervisors need more management training on how to treat employees with respect and compassion. Flex time is nice, give you time to beat heavy traffic and spend more time with family.
Pros
Meetings/Trainings with Breakfast or lunch provided
Cons
Management showing favoritism
Good Company, best place I ever worked, should not have left.
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Vance Quarry - Vance, ALJuly 19, 2017
My only complaint with Martin Marietta was the salary and the benefits package. I left to take a position offering a better salary - I regret leaving. Upper-management was great. The site manager was easy-going and worked with you to get the job done. Everyone at this quarry was awesome and working conditions were excellent. A 40-hour work week was standard with some over-time and weekends off . I wish I was still there and would very much like to return.
Pros
Job security, great management, excellent working conditions and work environment.
Cons
Salary and benefits.
Good Company - Great benefits
Loader Operator/Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2017
Good company with great benefits. Train well, hard work but very good amount of hours weekly. Cross-training in various positions make it a good place to work.
Fun
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 15, 2017
Great fun friendly people great hours safety first at this company lots of work year round new trucks and up dated tracking and loading hand down the best in Texas turn over is very low
Cons
It is a fun and safe place to work
Plant Leadman/ maintenance worker/welder/ (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 12, 2017
It is a good job and place to work for you have opportunities to get more experience under your belt the pay is okay good insurance and benefits a good place to retire from
Great company, even better people
Haul Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 18, 2017
This company is a great company to work for. The people are helpful and always willing to train on additional tasks and equipment. Management is helpful and flexible. Always understanding to personal situations as well.
Benefits of the company are outstanding when I worked the pay was low good Christmas parties good summer parties lots of training safety was a big pri
Supervisor/ equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi areaMay 22, 2017
Work 20 years for them good retirement benefits alw
work safety programs good job training great company to work for good equipment very productive took care of working relations with employees
Pros
50 hour work week
Cons
I think he was good nothing bad to talk about
Its a ok job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Garwood, TXMay 9, 2017
Looking to find something with more pay. Assemble or heavy equipment. Benefits are good but the pay is not all that well. I have been working at martin marietta for 3 yrs and people coming in as new hire are getting more pay than me and i have been their 3 yrs . So im upset
long hours good benefits
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hondo, TXApril 12, 2017
Great opportunity and career for someone who enjoys the construction, mining environment. I learned the more extensive aspects of monthly budgeting for large expenditures.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
longs hours, mediocre pay
No time for Family!
Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  KansasApril 5, 2017
Work to much had no time for family. Had to work almost every weekend. Had problems with management. Sick policy was ridiculous: how do you know 24 hours before you are going to be sick! Job it self was ok. Had two plants merge to one and it got crowed at the plant.
Pros
Nice check
Cons
To many working hours
Great money and lots of hours
Labourer/ Operator (Former Employee) –  Aulds Cove,NSApril 2, 2017
Greta place to work with lots of hours and very good money for a small community. Typically 12 hours a day, 60 hours a week. Run into lots of overtime. Giving many opportunity to operate heavy equipment. Great benefits.
Racist culture in management
Pit loader (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 21, 2017
The most racist company that I've encountered and worked for in my 48yrs on this earth there are different standards and rules for AA and management perpetuates that culture no room for growth I was always told when I stated that I wanted to learn every aspect of the plant they have me every excuse to why I couldn't learn it or once you're a pit loader you're stuck in that position
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Racism in management
Former Employee
Mixer driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 17, 2017
Good job ... If you don't care about safety or integrity .
Running mixer mid summer no AC. Bald tires.
Mix designs were fraudulent. Concrete resale.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management is lacking in all areas
Compensation & Benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 16, 2017
Company pays well and provides great benefits, especially considering other companies in the FTC area. Management is weak at times, and not always fair. As it is in the construction industry, when the weather is warm, the hours are high and work comes before family. When the weather is bad, hours are low, so prepare for that. I love the customer contact and rapport with co-workers, but don't love the management style.
Pros
Benefits & compensation
Cons
Poor work/life balance