Martin Marietta Materials Employee Reviews

Martin Marietta Materials
ASSISTANT PLANT & MINE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INJanuary 30, 2017
Martin Marietta Materials is a great company to start a career with, they have multiple operations across the United States. Providing a safe atmosphere is very important to the companies CEO.
Pros
Safety culture is top in the industry.
Cons
Locations seem to have a high turn over rate.
Great Company
Concrete Truck Driver Trainee (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 30, 2017
This is a career opportunity with a great company. They have fair wages, and great benefits. This also was a place that you have opportunity for advancement and education.
No job security
Employee (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJanuary 26, 2017
The company was a great place to work for. Family and safety was first and the job security was the greatest that was when it was TXI. When Martin Marietta acquired TXI they said nothing would change. it did nothing but change and all at once.
Pros
401K, Healthcare
Nice company
Scale House operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
They purchased the company from the original owners, and were very helpful in transition. Not very helpful in computer training, but overall very friendly.
Honest, freindly, family enviroment.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 7, 2017
This is a excellent working environment for good people. Employees as well as supervisors are all friendly Christian people. Despite the obvious dangers of the job everything else is top notch.The equipment is very well maintained for the use and conditions of the environment. Pay is fair but not great, benefits are very good for the line of work.
Mmc operator / maintenance (Current Employee) –  Garwood, TXJanuary 5, 2017
It's a everyday work but thier is not much moving around. People here are friendly and good going.I've learned to drive a dump truck
Pros
Good benefits
great company to work for
Maintenance Mechanic/equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Durham, IADecember 24, 2016
learned new equipment and all aspects of mining..great bosses and office workers outstanding group of people to work with
Good hours but they can get long
NON-DOT Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 7, 2016
Overall a great place to work if you can take the physical requirements of it. Expect plenty of long hours working in every condition possible. With this company safety is something they make sure of.
Great Place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCDecember 5, 2016
If you like to do something different every day and you need a challenge then this is the place for you. The Job was never dull and the people were unique.
Pros
Pay/Benefits are great.
Cons
Slow Advancement
Horrible place to work,very rascist.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CONovember 28, 2016
Good pay,but very rascist. Horrible management, lazy workers,saftey is a joke at this job,they preach it over and over but when it comes down to it they dont care about saftey, they care about money.The lazy workers that show up when they want get treated like kings,and they guys that bust there butt get nothing.
Pros
Good pay, alot of ot.
Cons
Bad management, poor equipment, rascist, lazy supervisors, no family time.
Safe company so called family oriented
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MONovember 27, 2016
Martin Marietta is a ok company working here there is no time to spend with your family long shifts non choice of overtime not much vacation time given and once you request management usually denys it. Lots of other issues
Pros
Safe company
Cons
No time for loved ones
Great place to work if you are looking for a lot of hours
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 16, 2016
This is a great company to work for. they take good care of their employees. you get a lot of hours. my only problrm is there is no work during the winter months.
Pros
a lot of hours
Cons
no work during winter
Pleasant company.
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, OHNovember 16, 2016
Process inbound and outbound loads of materials for the plant. Enter in job 3's, monitor tare weights for Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana. Run a remote scale 2 days a week as well as cash sale window for walk up customers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Have not experienced one yet
Very great company to work for
Foreman (Former Employee) –  GA, NC, FLNovember 14, 2016
the people make all the difference... working there will increase your knowledge, skills, and mindset. The management really takes their roles and responsibilities seriously and they invest in their people.
Pros
Too many to name
Cons
Long hours no family time
Pit loader (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 24, 2016
Co workers are great and environment is great

Safety culture is amazing and taught me a lot.

Safety concerns and issues are not addressed. I talk to management about problems and then nothing comes from it. Very one sided and all the praise goes to first shift and there is no "good job" or positive reinforcement given to second shift employees
Pros
Good money
Cons
No break at all, lots of hours, no family time
The company is very good to work for but as far as management its a joke
Mixer driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Very good company but as far as management its a joke if you kiss they butts you can get away with murder but if stand up for what u believe they tend to try n get rid of u in a heart beat
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
I LOVE my job at MM just need one with benefits and full time. I get laid off during the cold months.
Scale Clerk (Current Employee) –  Northwood, IASeptember 27, 2016
Working for MM has given me the opportunity to learn more things with how the business works and the production of rock. I love what I do there and the new and familiar faces that I have met. If my job was full time with benefits I wouldn't be looking for a full time job.
Pros
Meeting new people and feeling good about my job/ work.
Cons
Part time seasonal
Don't say you weren't warned.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 9, 2016
I am basing my review on the location for which I am currently employed. I do hope this is not a reflection of all locations but I cannot vouch for any of the other sites.

First and foremost- plan on working up to 72-80 hours a week (Mon-Sat), especially when supply is low and demand is high. We currently get Sundays off but in the past have been forced to work 7-days a week. We were actually told by the Plant Manager that he doesn't care about our families or whether or not we get to see them.

Second- you will be talked down to by management and will be the first to be thrown under the bus when something happens. You will be cursed at and disrespected weekly, if not daily. You cannot stand up for yourself as you will be at risk for termination.

Third- Safety is a complete joke. Safety is preached as if it were written in the bible. Funny because the program is called the "Guardian Angel". When upper-upper management or MSHA is around our plant is all about doing things the right way but as soon as their backs are turned or off site, we are told to hurry up and do what it takes to get the job done. You will document things for months that are MSHA violations and when the site gets a citation, management will act like they never knew about the problem.

Fourth- I will say the money is very good but trust me when I say money isn't everything. If you do go against my advice and decide to give this company a go, remember to document, document, document.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Cursed at, disrespected, very long hours, very little time off.
Great place to work, good people
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
One of the good companies to work for, Good co-workers, Very large company always room for growth, Safety is very important to the company. Good supervisor who listens and tries to help as much as possible.
Pros
Communication
Cons
equal pay for women verse men
Plant of lies and and friend connections
Repairman (Current Employee) –  Woodville, OHJune 15, 2016
Been at the company for years and the place is a joke. This company says they Support family but condemn the family man. Say they care about safety and health when it's convenient to the company. Oh and for advancement gotta run around with upper management. Now they have a crew of management that has no idea how to run the plant. It's no honor to work for. If you have family look elsewhere unless friends with management.
Pros
Insurance and a paycheck
Cons
Uneducated foremen shady practices and one 20min break a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin Marietta Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

Martin Marietta Materials Reviews by Location