Martin Marietta Materials Employee Reviews

Great Place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCDecember 5, 2016
If you like to do something different every day and you need a challenge then this is the place for you. The Job was never dull and the people were unique.
Pros
Pay/Benefits are great.
Cons
Slow Advancement
Horrible place to work,very rascist.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CONovember 28, 2016
Good pay,but very rascist. Horrible management, lazy workers,saftey is a joke at this job,they preach it over and over but when it comes down to it they dont care about saftey, they care about money.The lazy workers that show up when they want get treated like kings,and they guys that bust there butt get nothing.
Pros
Good pay, alot of ot.
Cons
Bad management, poor equipment, rascist, lazy supervisors, no family time.
Safe company so called family oriented
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MONovember 27, 2016
Martin Marietta is a ok company working here there is no time to spend with your family long shifts non choice of overtime not much vacation time given and once you request management usually denys it. Lots of other issues
Pros
Safe company
Cons
No time for loved ones
Pleasant company.
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, OHNovember 16, 2016
Process inbound and outbound loads of materials for the plant. Enter in job 3's, monitor tare weights for Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana. Run a remote scale 2 days a week as well as cash sale window for walk up customers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Have not experienced one yet
Very great company to work for
Foreman (Former Employee) –  GA, NC, FLNovember 14, 2016
the people make all the difference... working there will increase your knowledge, skills, and mindset. The management really takes their roles and responsibilities seriously and they invest in their people.
Pros
Too many to name
Cons
Long hours no family time
Pit loader (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 24, 2016
Co workers are great and environment is great

Safety culture is amazing and taught me a lot.

Safety concerns and issues are not addressed. I talk to management about problems and then nothing comes from it. Very one sided and all the praise goes to first shift and there is no "good job" or positive reinforcement given to second shift employees
Pros
Good money
Cons
No break at all, lots of hours, no family time
The company is very good to work for but as far as management its a joke
Mixer driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Very good company but as far as management its a joke if you kiss they butts you can get away with murder but if stand up for what u believe they tend to try n get rid of u in a heart beat
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
I LOVE my job at MM just need one with benefits and full time. I get laid off during the cold months.
Scale Clerk (Current Employee) –  Northwood, IASeptember 27, 2016
Working for MM has given me the opportunity to learn more things with how the business works and the production of rock. I love what I do there and the new and familiar faces that I have met. If my job was full time with benefits I wouldn't be looking for a full time job.
Pros
Meeting new people and feeling good about my job/ work.
Cons
Part time seasonal
Don't say you weren't warned.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 9, 2016
I am basing my review on the location for which I am currently employed. I do hope this is not a reflection of all locations but I cannot vouch for any of the other sites.

First and foremost- plan on working up to 72-80 hours a week (Mon-Sat), especially when supply is low and demand is high. We currently get Sundays off but in the past have been forced to work 7-days a week. We were actually told by the Plant Manager that he doesn't care about our families or whether or not we get to see them.

Second- you will be talked down to by management and will be the first to be thrown under the bus when something happens. You will be cursed at and disrespected weekly, if not daily. You cannot stand up for yourself as you will be at risk for termination.

Third- Safety is a complete joke. Safety is preached as if it were written in the bible. Funny because the program is called the "Guardian Angel". When upper-upper management or MSHA is around our plant is all about doing things the right way but as soon as their backs are turned or off site, we are told to hurry up and do what it takes to get the job done. You will document things for months that are MSHA violations and when the site gets a citation, management will act like they never knew about the problem.

Fourth- I will say the money is very good but trust me when I say money isn't everything. If you do go against my advice and decide to give this company a go, remember to document, document, document.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Cursed at, disrespected, very long hours, very little time off.
Great place to work, good people
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
One of the good companies to work for, Good co-workers, Very large company always room for growth, Safety is very important to the company. Good supervisor who listens and tries to help as much as possible.
Pros
Communication
Cons
equal pay for women verse men
Plant of lies and and friend connections
Repairman (Current Employee) –  Woodville, OHJune 15, 2016
Been at the company for years and the place is a joke. This company says they Support family but condemn the family man. Say they care about safety and health when it's convenient to the company. Oh and for advancement gotta run around with upper management. Now they have a crew of management that has no idea how to run the plant. It's no honor to work for. If you have family look elsewhere unless friends with management.
Pros
Insurance and a paycheck
Cons
Uneducated foremen shady practices and one 20min break a day
Long term player in the construction materials business.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 16, 2015
Most of the days consisted of troubleshooting and repairing conveyors and crushers to keep rock crushing production at its maximum. There are two methods of maintenance, reactive and proactive. With the reactive approach one is doomed to lots of downtime and patch work repairs. Proactive repairs attack the root causes of the impending machine failures and lead to near zero down time. The management was fair and honest and the other employees all seemed to be pretty satisfied with their workplaces.The hardest part of my job was figuring out how the make all effective repairs and modifications in a short down window between shifts. The best part of the job was the freedom to do the best job possible.
Hard work, minimal reward
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 1, 2015
Long hours, learned lot about trains and earth movers. Helped with experience to use elsewhere as I get older and search for different types of work.
Weigh Master/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2015
I tried to learn the business from some of the people that worked there, but they wouldn`t train well enough to understand the steps!
Pros
Gift cards were given!
Cons
No clean restrooms, had to use a portapotty!
Great Company
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2015
Brett Niccum is a great manager that actually caress about his employees. The company has wonderful benefits and the culture is family oriented.
good pplace to work
Asphalt Plant Foreman (Former Employee) –  colo spgs co.May 15, 2015
excellent place. would recomend to anyone for a good future and a bright future,good opportunity for growth and endless possibility
Porductive and fun workpalce
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  HondoMay 4, 2015
Iv learned a lot working for martin Marietta this is a good company to work for. The people are great they teach you what you need to know they go above and beyond.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
lunch breaks
stable job long hrs low pay
Ready mix delivery driver (Former Employee) –  san antonio texasApril 27, 2015
long hrs low pay family time limited
benefits very expensive safety was not the main focus production was more important was need it back then room for improvement
Pros
stable job
Cons
low pay, benefits expensive, family time limited
Amazing company to work for. Superior work enviroment!
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2015
I have had the pleasure of working in this industry for 8 years. Martin Marietta has been one of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure to work for. My days are filled with communicating to all customers in our surrounding areas, entering projects into the system, communicating tax information and paperwork to our tax team, building and sustaining relationships with my own customers, managing accounts and billing, and supporting our outside sales represenatives. The management team at Martin Marietta is very supportive and very knowledgable. The team atmosphere I have the pleasure of working in is absolutly amazing. Everything we do, we do as a team, together. Hardest part of my job is getting responses back from customers in a timley manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to deal with those customers. I love people and having that contact with them on a daily basis is amazing.
Martin Marietta Materials
Utility Operator, Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Western slopeFebruary 24, 2015
I am currently looking for a new job in the western slope area due to corporate decisions to pull out of the western slope area so I will be job detached..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin Marietta Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

Martin Marietta Materials Reviews by Location