MARTIN MARIETTA

MARTIN MARIETTA Employer Reviews

Fast pace office setting with different daily obstacles
Office Manager/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 11, 2014
Pros: casual environment, open office management practices
Cons: unable to self-improve, no more promotion/different opportunities
Limestone mining is a seasonal industry
10 months out of the year there is little down time/re-coop time
2 months out of the year is focused on budgeting and getting things straight for the busy season
management is respectful/caring of employees when the work load allows it
The hardest part of the position is customer service directed toward truck – more... drivers
The office environment is casual and I have been able to groom the office to accommodate my management style and practices – less
very inconsistent and unorganized place to work
Office Manager II (Former Employee), Red Oak, GAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: financial operations are strong
Cons: inconsistency in procedures and a lot of miscommunication
Great work environment, but they really overload their employees. Management do not give expectations, will not keep you up to speed with operations and daily activities. They literally dump everything on Office Managers. A distinct disconnect right there. There is no consistency and a great deal of miscommunication. I believe if they restructure upper – more... management, streamline procedures, and keep office managers in the loop on all operations, then the culture will be less stressful. I enjoyed working with all of the departments. There is no micromanagement, which makes making decisions easier. Martin takes pride in their safety program and they uphold it, which is fantastic. Again, financially they operate very well. – less
Fast paced environment.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2014
I did not have the opportunity to work long at Martin Marietta, but it is a great place to work.
Great Place to Work
Department Secretary (Current Employee), Oak RidgeOctober 16, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: old buildings
Was a great place to work, secure jobs with benefits and career advancement.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Scale Clerk (Former Employee), Kokomo, INSeptember 5, 2014
working with customers and helping them decide what they needed.
Could be a nice place to work.
Scale Clerk (Former Employee), Sawyer, OKJuly 22, 2014
It was a nice job that I could interact with public. I did learn new skills, but there wasn't a chance to move up with the company.
Traveling 50%,field service,sellig Specs. Seminars,Trainings.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 21, 2014
Pros: all expenses paid
Cons: health ins., traveling credit cards, won four master marketer awards in usa, canada & latin america territory
Organize sales route . architects, contractors offices, field projects.
Lot of traveling. Participations in auctions and Bids, for contracts.
All expenses paid
Good salary
Good commision program
Profit sharing
Good fringe benefits
well treated all employees we dedicated
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 8, 2014
Pros: happy working there
Cons: long days and weeks
I was treated quite well advanced rapidly in the company. Wnjoyed very much working there.
They talk a good game, but reality is its all about the company making money not you.
Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer (Former Employee), Sully, IAJune 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no breaks, no advancement, hours
They talk safety, ethics, and morals. But in all reality this company only worries about stock for its investors. When I started I was told the normal week was 4/10 hour days. That's a lie, you need to plan on 10+ hours 6 days a week. I worked 14 hour days numerous times. Worked Sundays also. Also there are no breaks. Not even lunch. Safety takes a – more... side seat to production. Advancement opportunities are basically non existent. And the pay is mediocre at best. There is no balance of work/personal life. – less
Good company
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 16, 2014
Good experience doing field work. traveled to Germany. Learned about large company culture.
avionics technician
Airplane Mechanic (Former Employee), Middle River, MDMay 5, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: no job security
we wold fabricate all kinds of plane parts large and small. you need a good head on your shoulders to manufacture missing parts and make specialty tools
To have a good workplace
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Rockville, VAFebruary 21, 2014
We went out to the plant check it out so we get up and running.How to make the plant make more rock.They were happy when we put uot over 4,000 tons for that day.My co-workers are nice people to work with. Changing over for the next product that they wont to make the next day.Isgoing home at the end fo the day.
A Great Place to Learn
Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Middle River, MDDecember 11, 2013
This was a place where you could be really recognized for your efforts. The workforce was highly skilled and working in a matrix organization allowed one to move into different positions and increase ones knowledge and expertise.
Diverse company with many exciting programs
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 28, 2013
I had the privilege of working on the future Space Shuttle launch pad as well as the Titan IV rocket program in California and Colorado with many interesting engineers and business partners.
Good place to work, unfortunately the plant closed!
Electronic Assembly Associate, General Electric (Former Employee), Conklin, NYJune 13, 2013
Pros: self-directed work force gave us freedom to get the job done.
Cons: we never were able to fill the plant to capacity
Did DoD work, but when the cold war ended so did we! We were a self-directed work force that allowed us to analyze problems and create solution to solve them. We manufactured printed circuit boards used in DoD weapon systems.
Worked 17 years for GE / Martin Marietta / Lockheed Martin
Active team member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 4, 2013
Pros: 5 miles from home
Cons: some difficulty in advancement
Enjoyed all aspect of career at Lockheed. From Production Control to IT in latter stages of career.
Good company
Personnel Receptionist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 29, 2013
Pros: loved working for this company
Cons: just not the same after merge with lockheed
Good company to work for until they merged with Lockheed. Just not the same.
Goverment provider of Defense equipment
ENGINEER (Former Employee), Denver ColoradoFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: goverment changes
Good company with service to DOD for Titan rockets and classified technology
great atmosphere
Utility Maintenance (Former Employee), New Bern, NCNovember 14, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: working in the plant during the day we were running rock not doin most the maintenance
Having my PPE everyday and to be alret of my surroundings. Working safe.

Shop.
Servicing hauls truck 775E,F 773D, 210M And Wheel loaders 990, 988H, 115zv, 980G, 844K, 310sj, 910.
My job was to fuel and grease the equipement and also to check oil levels and making sure plugs for all oil drains were closed tight and that oil filters were still secure. – more... I did oil changes on all these every 250, 500, 750, 1000 hours. I changed all the with in thoses hours too. At the end of the shift i made sure all m oil plans were clean my area was clean and safe for oil spills and others hazzards.

Plant.
Routine screen checks in the morning to make sure everything was secure, polly panels and punch plates were right size for distribution. Fixing leaks cracks and everything else that broke. Chaning oil in the gear reducers, greasing all pulleys on the belts. Watchin for holes in rollers that could potentially tear the belts. Keeping screens washed and free of debris or material.

Keep the Mine M.S.H.A safe.
Management would take care of us by rewarding us for production and safety work.
I learned how to s.l.a.m. Stop Look Anaylze and Manage the situations.
the hardest part of the job would be when the mangament would cater us lunch then have to go back work with a full stomach like that.
Best part of the was work with the boys. – less
Systems Analyst, Strategic Research & Planning – Strategic Systems Division
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 19, 2012
Pros: cutting edge aerospace defense environment.
Cons: buisness driven by changes in defense budget.
Martin Marietta Corporation, Denver, Colorado June 1981 to August 1985
Systems Analyst, Strategic Research & Planning – Strategic Systems Division
• Performed complex simulations, trade studies, and analyses for research and development program.

About MARTIN MARIETTA

ML designs, manufactures, integrates and operates systems and products in the fields of aerospace, defense, aviation, electronics, – Read more