MARTIN MARIETTA Employee Reviews

Stable work, long hours, No respect.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Weeping Water, NEDecember 2, 2015
Mandatory 6 day work week. Plenty of overtime. Good hourly pay. Friendly co-workers, decent work place. No respect or appreciation for long hours worked or job well done from members of management.
Major Defense Contractor
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2015
Good company to work for. Currently joined with Lockhead company. Many locations to choose from. Good growth opportunities.

Good environment and benefits.
Great place to work.
Missile Ordnance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2015
I performed final assembly and repair of the Hellfire Laser Seeker Missile. Instructed and trained new hire missile mechanics. Experienced in using manufacturing process plans, Milspecs and engineering drawings
Pros
Great pay, benifits
Cons
spend a dollar to save a dime
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Perry, FLSeptember 15, 2015
I completely understand watching expenses and costs. When a place has been let go for so long without any real reinvestment and the men DO NOT have the proper tools, equipment as well as the man power it is extremely difficult to achieve desired results. The men stay frustrated with low moral due to the demands. Very good if not the best overall workforce I had the pleasure to work with.
Productive and fun place to work
Sr. Support Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARAugust 10, 2015
Great people to work with, great supervisors, excellent benefits, great pay, great working conditions, company leased vehicle provided when required, company mobile phone provided when required, paid vacation and holidays.
Cons
One of the best jobs I ever had!
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 1, 2015
I worked for Martin Marietta for approx. 3 yrs at 2 locations.

I performed clerical duties for the stockroom department including timesheets and attendance. I also typed up letters for the managers of the department.

In another location I typed up the weekly "Change Paper" for the staff to use at their weekly meetings.

I would also perform all clerical duties for the whole dept in contracts as well.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long commute to work
Being able to set place together a plan and follow it through.
Production Planner/Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 12, 2015
Not everyone has had the chance to work in an Aerospace environment. Working with the same people day in and day out might make some people discouraged. The group of talented people and the fun we had together made everyday fun to come in. It was never a job...
Pros
Everything! Family!
Cons
-N/A-
mechanic /welder/off road truck driver
Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 22, 2015
i enjoy working on crusher and doing repair welding on them and have right tool work with be safetyon job and driveing of road truck
it is what you make it
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Sully, IAMarch 7, 2015
crushing rock-putting tons on the ground all safely and going home at night --this company is safety oriented and is a priority to work here
Pros
benefits and wages
Cons
going home very lime covered-lol
Highly successful company that was a world wide leader in construction and industrial markets.
Sales Management & VP Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJanuary 16, 2015
Please see summaries in work history and accomplishment sections.
Pros
a strong financially stable world wide company
A hard working company
QC CHEMIST/ KILN OILER / ROLLER MILL / DUST HAULER (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXDecember 4, 2014
Martin Marietta is a dedicated company that strives to delivery the best product and service while striving to take care of its greatest asset, the employees. Overall safety is the company's biggest push, to make sure the employees on the ground are capable of getting the job done the right way and watching out for the other man by his side.
Pros
good benefits package and comprable pay
Cons
pay through breaks, typically no break at times
Fast pace office setting with different daily obstacles
Office Manager/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 11, 2014
Limestone mining is a seasonal industry
10 months out of the year there is little down time/re-coop time
2 months out of the year is focused on budgeting and getting things straight for the busy season
management is respectful/caring of employees when the work load allows it
The hardest part of the position is customer service directed toward truck drivers
The office environment is casual and I have been able to groom the office to accommodate my management style and practices
Pros
casual environment, open office management practices
Cons
unable to self-improve, no more promotion/different opportunities
very inconsistent and unorganized place to work
Office Manager II (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, GAOctober 21, 2014
Great work environment, but they really overload their employees. Management do not give expectations, will not keep you up to speed with operations and daily activities. They literally dump everything on Office Managers. A distinct disconnect right there. There is no consistency and a great deal of miscommunication. I believe if they restructure upper management, streamline procedures, and keep office managers in the loop on all operations, then the culture will be less stressful. I enjoyed working with all of the departments. There is no micromanagement, which makes making decisions easier. Martin takes pride in their safety program and they uphold it, which is fantastic. Again, financially they operate very well.
Pros
financial operations are strong
Cons
inconsistency in procedures and a lot of miscommunication
Fast paced environment.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2014
I did not have the opportunity to work long at Martin Marietta, but it is a great place to work.
Great Place to Work
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Oak RidgeOctober 16, 2014
Was a great place to work, secure jobs with benefits and career advancement.
Pros
job security
Cons
old buildings
the most enjoyable part of the job
Scale Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 5, 2014
working with customers and helping them decide what they needed.
Could be a nice place to work.
Scale Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sawyer, OKJuly 22, 2014
It was a nice job that I could interact with public. I did learn new skills, but there wasn't a chance to move up with the company.
Traveling 50%,field service,sellig Specs. Seminars,Trainings.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 21, 2014
Organize sales route . architects, contractors offices, field projects.
Lot of traveling. Participations in auctions and Bids, for contracts.
All expenses paid
Good salary
Good commision program
Profit sharing
Good fringe benefits
Pros
all expenses paid
Cons
health ins., traveling credit cards, won four master marketer awards in usa, canada & latin america territory
well treated all employees we dedicated
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 8, 2014
I was treated quite well advanced rapidly in the company. Wnjoyed very much working there.
Pros
happy working there
Cons
long days and weeks
They talk a good game, but reality is its all about the company making money not you.
Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sully, IAJune 27, 2014
They talk safety, ethics, and morals. But in all reality this company only worries about stock for its investors. When I started I was told the normal week was 4/10 hour days. That's a lie, you need to plan on 10+ hours 6 days a week. I worked 14 hour days numerous times. Worked Sundays also. Also there are no breaks. Not even lunch. Safety takes a side seat to production. Advancement opportunities are basically non existent. And the pay is mediocre at best. There is no balance of work/personal life.
benefits
Cons
no breaks, no advancement, hours

4.2