MARTIN MARIETTA Employee Reviews

pass on this
Acting Sr. Shared Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 28, 2017
I regretfully pass on commenting on this here. i do not think a review like this would help future potential candidates. the one benefit I did like was this company has a retirement plan including the traditional 401k.
Weigh Master (Former Employee) –  Alden, IADecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for Martin Marietta. You always seen a different group of trucks so the work day was never boring.

Only problem was that it was a seasonal job so there was not a guarantee you would work.
Great
Plant operator (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 21, 2017
Great. It is a great learning experience. Like the management. Good morale. lots of overtime. Nice to work outside. Learning about maintenance more. Good overall
High level review
Manager of Systems Infrastructure & DCO (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 16, 2017
Like any company, they are open to adopting change, as they look for ways to benefit from technology to improve productivity and earnings. The company believes in new technology,methodologies, and practices and procedures.

They do stay clear from the "Bleading Edge",as they know it might impact business systems and effect the daily operations internally and in the field.

Great bunch of technical staff, that work well together
Pros
Great culture, and plenty of awesome technical and business staff
Cons
none to mention
interesting
Metallurgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterton, CONovember 15, 2017
Had new and interesting things to do every day regarding the testing of the metals and plastics that were bought by the company and needed testing for space ventures.
Pros
learning about aerospace
Cons
trying for advancement as a woman
Great group of people
Facility Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 27, 2017
This is a great company but your are limited in the security field for advancement. The people are pleasant to work with and the hours are not bad. You live contract to contract which is nerving at times.
Martin Produce cutting edge RF equipment
System Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 27, 2017
Learned how to test, repair and input on design for RF equipment.

Management was great, eliminated any roadblock to get the job completed on schedule.

Culture everyone did what ever it took to make deadlines.

Enjoyable part is seeing a finished project roll out the door.
Pros
Pay/benefits/education/culture
Cons
Projects dependent on government, slow periods at times.
Good Benefits Decent Pay
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAOctober 20, 2017
The hardest part of the job was not seeing where advancement comes in. There are only so many advancement opportunities and a lot of people so it's basic math. Not everyone will advance and it felt like it was more about who you knew than what you knew. That said, management did treat us well. Training was always taking place. Everyone there is willing to teach if someone is willing to learn, that was one of the best parts of the job. It is a very fast pace with lots to do but you have to pay attention at all times and safety is a must.
Pros
Awesome People
Cons
Minimum Advancement
Good company that truly values work life balance
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 17, 2017
Martin Marietta is a great company. It is not uncommon for people to work here for 20+ years, and we normally prefer people that want to stick around for awhile. They have a pension plan, which is almost unheard of today. The IT department is fast paced and sometimes demanding, but it also has a relaxed and friendly culture that makes going to work enjoyable. A lot of companies talk about work/life balance, but Martin really means it. I highly recommend this company.
Great company to work for.
Micrographic Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2017
I wish I still worked there. I was laid off (lacked seniority). They had fair company practices, were willing to train employees, positive safe work environment..

Want to know more about MARTIN MARIETTA?

Ask a question
Good place to have a career
Senior staff photographer, cinematographer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDSeptember 18, 2017
Great aerospace company. Good management. they recognized quality in their employees, and reward accordingly. Management, with whom I had extensive dealings, was cordial, and friendly. They made me as comfortable in my dealings with them as I tried to make them. Senior executives are not always thrilled about being photographed.
Tough Environment to be Happy in
Management (Current Employee) –  Central TexasSeptember 17, 2017
Extremely stressful, regularly put in 70 to 80 hours per week. Worked weekends all the time. Very hard on family relationships. Questionable managerial and ethical practices.
Pros
worked so much I couldn't spend a dime of my hard earned money
Cons
LONG LONG Hours, Highest level of stress of any job ever
Out-dated and old mind-set.
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2017
Workplace is not innovative and I learned no new skills. I worked in the corporate office and it's a very old population in terms of age and mind set.
good people
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 27, 2017
good people to work with on the production level. hard to trust upper management. tend to treat the lower level workers as just a number. no bonus program for hourly employees but upper management has a bonus program
Good.
Ready Mix Driver (Current Employee) –  Leander, TXJune 26, 2017
Is a good job with tons of work but low hours, they have a cam on your cab where i think they wont admit but they actually monitor you 100% of the day, wont allow you to use your device but their device is not up to date.
Pros
Cons
Cam
Scale clerk
Scale clerk (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJune 12, 2017
I loved working at Martin Marietta, a few things that can be changed as far as management, a couple ofriends employees are rude other then that I lived it there
Pros
Excelente benefits
Cons
To many negative employees
Not a bad place to work, co workers are good people.
Diesel mechanic (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 10, 2017
A good company to work for, but management Procrastinates quit a bit, I feel like I'm under paid. All of my co workers and other people around the company are very helpful and more then willing to help or teach you new things.
Hard work
Mixer Driver (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXJune 2, 2017
A good company with a lot of hours available to work. Some members of Management need to retire.
Very good benefits and the pay is above average for the market.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Hours and some management
Long hours decent pay
Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2017
Local managment is good but upper echelon managers only seem to care about production and profit. Plenty of hours if you want overtime. The equipment you operate is typically kept in good condition.
manangement
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2017
no advancement or pay raises,promises are made but when ask about it they always have excuses. I would have stayed if raises were or advancement of some type were given