MARTIN MARIETTA

MARTIN MARIETTA Employer Reviews

Good company
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 16, 2014
Good experience doing field work. traveled to Germany. Learned about large company culture.
avionics technician
Airplane Mechanic (Former Employee), Middle River, MDMay 5, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: no job security
we wold fabricate all kinds of plane parts large and small. you need a good head on your shoulders to manufacture missing parts and make specialty tools
To have a good workplace
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Rockville, VAFebruary 21, 2014
We went out to the plant check it out so we get up and running.How to make the plant make more rock.They were happy when we put uot over 4,000 tons for that day.My co-workers are nice people to work with. Changing over for the next product that they wont to make the next day.Isgoing home at the end fo the day.
A Great Place to Learn
Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Middle River, MDDecember 11, 2013
This was a place where you could be really recognized for your efforts. The workforce was highly skilled and working in a matrix organization allowed one to move into different positions and increase ones knowledge and expertise.
Diverse company with many exciting programs
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 28, 2013
I had the privilege of working on the future Space Shuttle launch pad as well as the Titan IV rocket program in California and Colorado with many interesting engineers and business partners.
Good place to work, unfortunately the plant closed!
Electronic Assembly Associate, General Electric (Former Employee), Conklin, NYJune 13, 2013
Pros: self-directed work force gave us freedom to get the job done.
Cons: we never were able to fill the plant to capacity
Did DoD work, but when the cold war ended so did we! We were a self-directed work force that allowed us to analyze problems and create solution to solve them. We manufactured printed circuit boards used in DoD weapon systems.
Worked 17 years for GE / Martin Marietta / Lockheed Martin
Active team member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 4, 2013
Pros: 5 miles from home
Cons: some difficulty in advancement
Enjoyed all aspect of career at Lockheed. From Production Control to IT in latter stages of career.
Good company
Personnel Receptionist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 29, 2013
Pros: loved working for this company
Cons: just not the same after merge with lockheed
Good company to work for until they merged with Lockheed. Just not the same.
Goverment provider of Defense equipment
ENGINEER (Former Employee), Denver ColoradoFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: goverment changes
Good company with service to DOD for Titan rockets and classified technology
great atmosphere
Utility Maintenance (Former Employee), New Bern, NCNovember 14, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: working in the plant during the day we were running rock not doin most the maintenance
Having my PPE everyday and to be alret of my surroundings. Working safe.

Shop.
Servicing hauls truck 775E,F 773D, 210M And Wheel loaders 990, 988H, 115zv, 980G, 844K, 310sj, 910.
My job was to fuel and grease the equipement and also to check oil levels and making sure plugs for all oil drains were closed tight and that oil filters were still secure. – more... I did oil changes on all these every 250, 500, 750, 1000 hours. I changed all the with in thoses hours too. At the end of the shift i made sure all m oil plans were clean my area was clean and safe for oil spills and others hazzards.

Plant.
Routine screen checks in the morning to make sure everything was secure, polly panels and punch plates were right size for distribution. Fixing leaks cracks and everything else that broke. Chaning oil in the gear reducers, greasing all pulleys on the belts. Watchin for holes in rollers that could potentially tear the belts. Keeping screens washed and free of debris or material.

Keep the Mine M.S.H.A safe.
Management would take care of us by rewarding us for production and safety work.
I learned how to s.l.a.m. Stop Look Anaylze and Manage the situations.
the hardest part of the job would be when the mangament would cater us lunch then have to go back work with a full stomach like that.
Best part of the was work with the boys. – less
Systems Analyst, Strategic Research & Planning – Strategic Systems Division
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 19, 2012
Pros: cutting edge aerospace defense environment.
Cons: buisness driven by changes in defense budget.
Martin Marietta Corporation, Denver, Colorado June 1981 to August 1985
Systems Analyst, Strategic Research & Planning – Strategic Systems Division
• Performed complex simulations, trade studies, and analyses for research and development program.
Got my start in the machining industry.
Precision Assembler (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 25, 2012
Pros: learned alot about equipment
Cons: alot of lay offs
Ran drill press and radial drill press learned how to read precise measuring tools.
Not enough Black employees in supervisory positions.
Secretary IV (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 28, 2012
Office Systems had no Black employees in supervisory positions. White secretaries had the best computer equipment and the least amount of work.
Interesting working on the Space Shuttle and Peacekeeper Missile
Logistical Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 2, 2012
Pros: being part of history
Cons: loss of provisioning contract to another company, and discontinued contract of the missiles.
Work was enjoyable when you are creating something that is making history such as the work done on the Space Shuttle. I continued learning more about Logistics and the effect it had on the projects. Many of my co-workers were ex-military and we all felt like a family. The hardest part of the job was ensuring the correct spares were ordered and the enjoyable – more... part of the job was seeing the safe launch and return of the Shuttle. – less
with the challenges of the space program and budget cuts it was very stressull
Sr Technical Trainer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaFebruary 10, 2012
Pros: flex time and good benefits
Cons: demanding
Working for Martin Marietta was enjoyable, but this was in the early days of the Space Shuttle Program. And it was a cost plus contract. Contracts changed and mergers began to where it was now Lockheed Martin. workload increased as well as demands. Loved the position that I had and the work that I performed. But with constant budget cutts job security – more... was always an issue. I am truly thankful that I was able to make my 30 years and retire. – less

About MARTIN MARIETTA

ML designs, manufactures, integrates and operates systems and products in the fields of aerospace, defense, aviation, electronics, – Read more