Senior Managing Director, Operations (COO)
Martin de Tours Clothier ("MdT") is an early stage, online made-to-measure tailoring company. With a high emphasis placed on client service, MdT focuses on serving a population of diverse, highend yet underserved group of men.
The Company’s founders strongly believe that with the right strategy and implementation the product could be a game changer in the industry. The ideal COO would be someone who has the right mix of leadership, passion, energy, experience, business savvy, entrepreneurial spirit, innovative nature, and a good understanding of the online retail industry and ecommerce.
The COO will initially have hands-on responsibility for business development, company operations, growth strategy, staffing, financial, organizational management, external communications, and marketing / sales efforts.
The ideal candidate will have been successful in a startup environment (or will have learned from previous failures) or have had relevant operational experience.
- Launching the minimum viable product (MVP)
- Hiring sales and business development personnel
- Oversee production with our Shanghai based suppliers (including periodic trips to China)
- Develop short/long term company and product roadmap.
- Oversee operating plan, budget, cash flow, and company finances.
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive management team
- Build and motivate a world-class sales and marketing team
- Responsible for all elements of HR, employee compensation plans, and benefits
- Establish and implement short and long term goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Ensure company and its businesses comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Establish, achieve, and report on milestones to the company’s founders
- 8-12 years of total work experience
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Prior experience in sales and/or leadership efforts at a startup company (not mandatory)
- Prior CEO/COO experience preferred (not mandatory)
- 2+ years of strategic sales and marketing experience, ideally dealing with online retail
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Track record of building innovative, creative, and collaborative teams
- Strong desire to lead from a strategic and tactical perspective in all aspects of day to day company operations
- Strong undergraduate and/or graduate academic credentials preferred
Compensation is negotiable and will be based on industry-standard salary and options for early stage companies. The compensation plan will include performance-based incentives.
In order to apply for this position, please reply including your resume and a brief cover letter addressing the following:
- Why you would like to be a start up COO
- What is your personal philosophy on management and customer service
- Name one or two companies that have great management and why
- What aspect of men's fashion interest you