Martin

Martin Employer Reviews

Fun workplace, no place for advancement
Administrative & Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), 12499 w. Colfax Ave, Lakewood, ColoradoOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no set time
Administrative Assistant and Accounting Assistant. Assisted Principals and staff with all administrative needs, typing, mailing, in-design pictures, proposals, timesheets.
good place to work
Mechanic Asssistant (Current Employee), Union City, NJJuly 23, 2014
Worked here helping the main mechanic. Doing oil changes,brakes and other minor jobs. Also helped the supervisor doing maintanace jobs. This employer also has a carwash (3) . In the carwash part it was on some days more paced. In the work shop it was less.
Co workers are nice to work with and management is very nice. It`s a family owned company.
Busy call center with many responsibilities
Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYMay 19, 2014
Pros: free legal advise
This is a very demanding job. It has taught me the ability to focus on daily duties while sitting during my shift. I am usually used to being very active while multi-tasking.
I have definately learned a lot about the law and how it pertains to everyday life.
Some of the most difficult parts of my job would include dealing with clients who have lost – more... loved ones and all you can do is console them over the phone. – less
Fun place to work at, gained a lot of knowledge.
Community garden worker (Former Employee), New London, CTFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch, good environment, good experience.
Cons: seasonal.
The Martin Center is a different kind of work experience, although it is only a summer job I learned a few new things, in 2011 I worked there labeled as a Youth Community Assistant. Being a Youth Community Assistant taught me a lot of new things like giving back to the community or helping others who are in need. Being a Youth Community Assistant I – more... also gained great Public Speaking skills. In 2013 the summer rolled along so I went back to the Martin Center and applied again, I was hired as a F.R.E.S.H Garden Worker, FRESH stood for Food, Resources, Education, Security & Health. As you may have guessed already I was doing a lot of garden work, it was a fun experience, I met a lot of new people and I would definitely do it again. – less
dad owned company
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKFebruary 17, 2014
did what i wanted, my dad was owner and i was in charge of all things for the most part
Overall a very enjoyable place to work
Missouri Post Sale Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2014
A typical work day consist of keeping communications open with the client and the debtors. the company has great benefits and the partners are great people to work for. The supporting staff has its pros and cons but overall the partners are a great bunch of guys and you will really enjoy working for them.
Productive and High Pace Job
Intake DIL- Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 9, 2014
This job taught me more about using my time wisely. It taught me how to structure my daily work load in a very fast pace environment and to get a good product out to our clients on a timely basis.
Great place to work.
Courier / Legal Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2013
Great place to work. I would work there again. I would recommend working there.
Productive Work place and fun
COLI FI-BELL PRESS OPERATOR (Former Employee), Sumter,scDecember 5, 2013
Pros: free equipment
Cons: short breaks
Learning how to deal with all kind's of people I enjoyed my co workers they were fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was that when the machine breaks it takes hours to fix.
I learned so much here and I have kept the eduction for my next position.
Payroll Specialist - Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Las VegasOctober 12, 2013
Pros: friends
I learned so much here and I have kept the eduction for my next position.
Productive and love helping my tenants out with things.
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Evansville, INOctober 1, 2013
Pros: a job mon-fri 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends off.
Cons: healthcare
I am the Assistant to the Property Manager at Horizon Homes. I have learned so many things when you work with the elderly. The hardest part about my job is when a tenant passes away, sometimes I would find them in their apartment. But the most enjoyable part of my job is making my tenants happy and making them at home.
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2013
Pros: productive, allow you to work independently, trust
Cons: no retirement plan
Data entry, claim filing, A/R colleciton
Work Alone
Fair co-workers
Collect higher $ than the month before
The doctor was funny
MDJW Summary
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 16, 2013
Pros: 401k, 401k match, bonuses
Cons: not a lot of room for growth beyond my department
A typical day at work consists of managing many emails. Checking the status of appeals, submitting appeal responses, billing, invoicing, writing off time, pre-bill edits, data entry, and opening new files amongst other things.

I've learned a great deal more about working in a corporate environment. I have become more computer savvy and I feel that – more... I have a better understanding of accounting procedures.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having so many different people to interact with.

I worth with a close group of people in my department. We are all in the same age group for the most part, which is nice.

Management is very detailed at MDJW.

The hardest part of the job would probably be to learning how to adapt to certain situations, but definitely something that I have learned a lot about. – less
Nice people to work with and hard working firm.
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 28, 2012
I was an intern here and many attorneys have left since my employment. I really enjoyed working with a lot of the attorneys there. I was an intern at the time and everyone was very respectful. Some, even gave me tasks that went above and beyond my daily tasks so that I could learn more.
High stress but great company values
Intake Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 12, 2012
Every year a new local organization is chosen to support. Get to wear jeans on Mondays and Fridays. Great co-workers. I enjoy my time there.
Done
Accountant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 23, 2012
Pros: free lunches, and food shows
Cons: work life balance
My experience at Martin Center was great. My overall duties included accounting and managing the dietary department. The hardest part of the job for me was the facility was open 24-7.
What I have learned
Internship (Former Employee), Albany/NiskayunaSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: free coffee and sometimes lunches
Cons: short breaks
I was able to learned about different programs on the computer and speed up on my typing skills.
Project Drafter (Former Employee), Wheat Ridge, COAugust 24, 2012
Excellent work environment with great management. A flexible and creative atmosphere. Fun and educational.
Great start in audirting
Contract External Auditor (Current Employee), Bingham Farms, MIAugust 22, 2012
Great oportunity to get started in the auditing world, great travel opportunities.
Very good place to work
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), KirkcaldyJune 5, 2014
Pros: finish at 2pm
Cons: no breaks
I Start work at 9am with 3 other members of staff in a small but very busy office, We all have our own parts to play in the company and work very hard to achieve them. The office is a very friendly place to work in, Our directors are not around very often due to other work commitment's. The hardest part of my job is keeping the Landlords and Tenants – more... all happy with maintenance issue which could prove to be very difficult at times but I work my way through it. I do really enjoy my job as love dealing with the public and enjoy achieving my goals. – less