Martin Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun work environment with great co-workers.
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 5, 2016
While managing the front desk at Martin Pringle, I learned what was necessary to keep an office running in tip top shape. I was responsible for answering phone calls, taking messages, scheduling appointments, greeting clients and keeping the reception area presentable.
Pros
Management was very personable. The office was its own little family.
Cons
Not enough support staff for the work the business brought in.
Great employee looking for a Great Company
Process Server/Investigator for District Attorney (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 1, 2016
I absolutely love my job. A typical day doesn't happen very often as we contract out with the District Attorney's office to deliver their court documents. This includes, but is not limited to, Subpoenas, Civil Court Documents, Family Support and Investigative processes.

I am normally under a very specific time frame to complete the tasks I have been given and am very busy. I enjoy a chaotic schedule as it keeps me focused. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with people.
Pros
Dealing with people
Cons
Dangerous at times.
Normal office workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 4, 2015
Daily i print checks, balance credit cards, pay all of the bills for our three different offices, Compile monthly reports.
I've learned how to work with a company on a professional level. (outside of a college job or before college) I've also learned to manage my time to get my duties done even when i'm overloaded.
My co-workers are pretty nice, and hard working. The hardest part of the job is balancing all of the credit cards. There are approx. 49 cards that most of the attorneys use every month that i have to balance. It is the hardest part of my job because most of them forget to turn in their statements and receipts.
My favorite part of the job is writing the daily checks that people request. I get to get up and deliver the checks after i process them to the people who request them.
Pros
some free lunches, good PTO
Cons
Underpaid, Undervalued
Great Attorneys to Work For
Legal Receptionist / Back-up Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2015
Loved working at Martin, Lubitz & Hyman as receptionist and legal secretary. Very laid back atmosphere with smart and busy attorneys. The location was great and felt like a real team.
Pros
Great People to work for.
Cons
Firm broke up around 2010
MDJW Summary
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2013
A typical day at work consists of managing many emails. Checking the status of appeals, submitting appeal responses, billing, invoicing, writing off time, pre-bill edits, data entry, and opening new files amongst other things.

I've learned a great deal more about working in a corporate environment. I have become more computer savvy and I feel that I have a better understanding of accounting procedures.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having so many different people to interact with.

I worth with a close group of people in my department. We are all in the same age group for the most part, which is nice.

Management is very detailed at MDJW.

The hardest part of the job would probably be to learning how to adapt to certain situations, but definitely something that I have learned a lot about.
Pros
401k, 401k match, bonuses
Cons
not a lot of room for growth beyond my department
Pleasant environment to work in.
Contract - Insurance Defense Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2015
Very enjoyable but no nonsense place to work. Lovely old building downtown. People were friendly but hard workers. This was a contract position, but I wished it has lasted longer.
Pros
Stable work environment
Productive Enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 29, 2015
Working at Martins was sufficient, but im looking to get experience in many different places. Im looking to enhance my skills and working at Martins was cool but wasn't really the upgrade i want.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 27, 2015
Martin es a family owned establishment that at times it feels that the worker can feel like part of that family. And with that in mind things seem to run a lot smoother.
Pros
Same as Upright
Cons
Same as Upright
excellent place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2015
excellent place to work, good training, nice people, paid weekly, nice equipment, nice scenery. had a great time when I was there.
Difficult work place
Assistant Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  StocktonAugust 18, 2015
Oversee all quality control for all outbound shipments. Had 12 to 15 staff I was in charge of doing all quality control before shipments.
Fun place to work
Computer Aided Drafting Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 17, 2015
They have two pool tables, relaxed business hours, and a gym. The other employees almost always spoke ill of the management
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No training
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAMarch 23, 2015
This was a great company to work for, they cared about the employees and made it a great place to work. They paid well and had great benefits.
Overall a very enjoyable place to work
Missouri Post Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2014
A typical work day consist of keeping communications open with the client and the debtors. the company has great benefits and the partners are great people to work for. The supporting staff has its pros and cons but overall the partners are a great bunch of guys and you will really enjoy working for them.
good place to work
Mechanic Asssistant (Current Employee) –  Union City, NJJuly 23, 2014
Worked here helping the main mechanic. Doing oil changes,brakes and other minor jobs. Also helped the supervisor doing maintanace jobs. This employer also has a carwash (3) . In the carwash part it was on some days more paced. In the work shop it was less.
Co workers are nice to work with and management is very nice. It`s a family owned company.
Fun place to work at, gained a lot of knowledge.
Community garden worker (Former Employee) –  New London, CTFebruary 22, 2014
The Martin Center is a different kind of work experience, although it is only a summer job I learned a few new things, in 2011 I worked there labeled as a Youth Community Assistant. Being a Youth Community Assistant taught me a lot of new things like giving back to the community or helping others who are in need. Being a Youth Community Assistant I also gained great Public Speaking skills. In 2013 the summer rolled along so I went back to the Martin Center and applied again, I was hired as a F.R.E.S.H Garden Worker, FRESH stood for Food, Resources, Education, Security & Health. As you may have guessed already I was doing a lot of garden work, it was a fun experience, I met a lot of new people and I would definitely do it again.
Pros
free lunch, good environment, good experience.
Cons
seasonal.
good people tough mangement
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 4, 2014
Good people to work with. Management was very difficult to please.
Done
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 23, 2012
My experience at Martin Center was great. My overall duties included accounting and managing the dietary department. The hardest part of the job for me was the facility was open 24-7.
Pros
free lunches, and food shows
Cons
work life balance
Project Drafter (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 24, 2012
Excellent work environment with great management. A flexible and creative atmosphere. Fun and educational.
Busy call center with many responsibilities
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 19, 2014
This is a very demanding job. It has taught me the ability to focus on daily duties while sitting during my shift. I am usually used to being very active while multi-tasking.
I have definately learned a lot about the law and how it pertains to everyday life.
Some of the most difficult parts of my job would include dealing with clients who have lost loved ones and all you can do is console them over the phone.
Pros
free legal advise
Productive and love helping my tenants out with things.
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 1, 2013
I am the Assistant to the Property Manager at Horizon Homes. I have learned so many things when you work with the elderly. The hardest part about my job is when a tenant passes away, sometimes I would find them in their apartment. But the most enjoyable part of my job is making my tenants happy and making them at home.
Pros
a job mon-fri 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends off.
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin. Our community is ready to answer.