Martin Employee Reviews

Martin is a Ok place to work
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 15, 2016
What I like about working at Martin is communicating with the customers and making sure they are happy and please when they leave the store. I enjoy working with my coworkers.
Pros
Making sure all the customers are happy and please when they leave the store.
Cons
It is hard to please every customers which can be challenging.
Great place to work when its there
Contract Welder (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 16, 2016
Love traveling with them throughout the US and overseas. However the work is not real stable, and theres too much down time in-between jobs.
Did not care for it
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIAugust 23, 2016
I don't really wish to review this company. However, indeed is making me. The work environment was somewhat punitive and there were some bullying co-workers. Since it is a smaller company people like to gossip continuously and try to create problems when all you are trying to do is do your job and go home.
Pros
Sometimes a free lunch
Cons
Already mentioned
Great Company
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 27, 2016
This is a great company to work for. It is a small one but show concern regarding their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job and the hardest is working with the children. It is a very fulfilling job.
Great place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 15, 2016
Daily tasks included preparing legal documents and reviewing legal documents. Contacting clients to setup payment arrangements, either by phone, email, or written correspondence.
Great experience
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 13, 2016
Working at Martin Pringle provided me with great legal experience in both collections and family law. The most enjoyable part of the job was fellow employees.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Workload
weekend job
gardening duties, clean up, customer service (Former Employee) –  Fowler, CAMarch 16, 2016
good first job while in high school, worked weekends. owner was good to work with and flexible to work with.many tasks and learned quite alot.
Pros
flexible
Cons
limited hours
Productive and fun work environment with great co-workers.
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 5, 2016
While managing the front desk at Martin Pringle, I learned what was necessary to keep an office running in tip top shape. I was responsible for answering phone calls, taking messages, scheduling appointments, greeting clients and keeping the reception area presentable.
Pros
Management was very personable. The office was its own little family.
Cons
Not enough support staff for the work the business brought in.
Great employee looking for a Great Company
Process Server/Investigator for District Attorney (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 1, 2016
I absolutely love my job. A typical day doesn't happen very often as we contract out with the District Attorney's office to deliver their court documents. This includes, but is not limited to, Subpoenas, Civil Court Documents, Family Support and Investigative processes.

I am normally under a very specific time frame to complete the tasks I have been given and am very busy. I enjoy a chaotic schedule as it keeps me focused. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with people.
Pros
Dealing with people
Cons
Dangerous at times.
Great Attorneys to Work For
Legal Receptionist / Back-up Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2015
Loved working at Martin, Lubitz & Hyman as receptionist and legal secretary. Very laid back atmosphere with smart and busy attorneys. The location was great and felt like a real team.
Pros
Great People to work for.
Cons
Firm broke up around 2010
Normal office workplace
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 4, 2015
Daily i print checks, balance credit cards, pay all of the bills for our three different offices, Compile monthly reports.
I've learned how to work with a company on a professional level. (outside of a college job or before college) I've also learned to manage my time to get my duties done even when i'm overloaded.
My co-workers are pretty nice, and hard working. The hardest part of the job is balancing all of the credit cards. There are approx. 49 cards that most of the attorneys use every month that i have to balance. It is the hardest part of my job because most of them forget to turn in their statements and receipts.
My favorite part of the job is writing the daily checks that people request. I get to get up and deliver the checks after i process them to the people who request them.
Pros
some free lunches, good PTO
Cons
Underpaid, Undervalued
Productive Enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 29, 2015
Working at Martins was sufficient, but im looking to get experience in many different places. Im looking to enhance my skills and working at Martins was cool but wasn't really the upgrade i want.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Pleasant environment to work in.
Contract - Insurance Defense Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2015
Very enjoyable but no nonsense place to work. Lovely old building downtown. People were friendly but hard workers. This was a contract position, but I wished it has lasted longer.
Pros
Stable work environment
Difficult work place
Assistant Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  StocktonAugust 18, 2015
Oversee all quality control for all outbound shipments. Had 12 to 15 staff I was in charge of doing all quality control before shipments.
excellent place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2015
excellent place to work, good training, nice people, paid weekly, nice equipment, nice scenery. had a great time when I was there.
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 27, 2015
Martin es a family owned establishment that at times it feels that the worker can feel like part of that family. And with that in mind things seem to run a lot smoother.
Pros
Same as Upright
Cons
Same as Upright
Fun place to work
Computer Aided Drafting Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 17, 2015
They have two pool tables, relaxed business hours, and a gym. The other employees almost always spoke ill of the management
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No training
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAMarch 23, 2015
This was a great company to work for, they cared about the employees and made it a great place to work. They paid well and had great benefits.
good people tough mangement
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 4, 2014
Good people to work with. Management was very difficult to please.
Fun workplace, no place for advancement
Administrative & Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  12499 w. Colfax Ave, Lakewood, ColoradoOctober 2, 2014
Administrative Assistant and Accounting Assistant. Assisted Principals and staff with all administrative needs, typing, mailing, in-design pictures, proposals, timesheets.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no set time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval