Martinrea International Employee Reviews

okay job
Assembly Line, Hourly Production worker (Former Employee) –  Shannon, MS 38868May 23, 2017
it was some okay days and some days there was stressful days. I learned a lot in this job. different machine and different jobs and different personality. doing a great job and having the motivation to do it.
Horrible Place
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 21, 2017
Unethical, unprofessional work place. The worse company to work for, will run over you every day. This company falsifies the Data and all form of reports that are provided to customers. Forges with the budgets provided by OEM for their own benefit. I am surprised how they even have the TS certification. I would highly recommend not to invest any money in this company. There is no future for this company with the current management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unprofessional work place
good jobs
Data entry software, Files, Hand (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 16, 2017
hard work that wasn't always appreciated and often took a vantage of. hot environment and no cooling system. Management didn't care that much about there workers
Horrible
Assembly/Production/Quality/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYMay 15, 2017
Hate this job and the people who own it and run it. Very sexist and crude. Too many long hours and too many weekends. Not a good place for a lady to work.
Pros
Cons
horrible
Toxic culture and working conditions.
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  USAMay 12, 2017
Imagine the worst run company you have ever been associated with and multiply by 1000. Every assy plant in the US is losing money. The fix? Fire all the plant level management and staff every 12 months or so. Zero stability if you are a salaried employee at any level. Quality is terrible and they are on every OEMs Bad Supplier list in the top spot or in the Top 10. Routinely put on new business hold, can't control quality, hold tolerances, and will knowing ship customers non-conforming product without batting an eye.
Pros
Nice people at the plant level who really want to do a good job
Cons
Toxic culture and less than ideal working environment, Horrible leadership and excessive turnover at the management level, Anyone who is good at what they do won't stay here long.
Good people but poor management
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYMay 4, 2017
One time this was a very good company. Now the company is poorly run . Communication between shifts is not good . Quality is not a focus for all. Although, there is a movement towards better quality. Only time will tell if this management team has the stomach to produce a quality part. The quality management system is all but non-existent.
Not productive at all
Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville,May 3, 2017
Great place to work with good pay and decent benefits. Very poorly managed though and could be a lot better. The apprenticeship program is a very nice opportunity and more people should take advantage of it.
Very productive
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Shannon MSMay 2, 2017
I learned how to be a skilled worker at what I do. They do their best at making it clean and safe work environment. I enjoy doing the work I learned to do because I enjoy doing good work and making progress.
Pros
Getting hours
Cons
Short breaks
Would not recommend
Quality Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOMay 1, 2017
I would not recommend this place to anyone. They like to fire people a lot, especially the ones who don't let people push them around. It doesn't matter that you do your job and you do it good, if you don't let them walk all over you then they get rid of you.
Very good place to work
Hot Stamping-Warren - Quality auditor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 24, 2017
Very nice place to work.i learned a lot from this place.very nice people to work .Good benefits and good pay.very clean place and all the machines are brand new.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good benefits
Productive fun workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOApril 18, 2017
You learn how fast u can be there's a lot of fun in working with building parts and assembling cars its all like a puzzle. Some nights would be better then some but at the end of a long week I got plenty of sleep.
Pros
Good co workers
na
Operator/ Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYApril 18, 2017
Once again they are requiring me to fill this out to apply for a job on this site which is ridiculous. THis is the most annoying . Here goes I will copy and paste for the next jobs coming up.
Love the people fun everyone got along
Assembler/Production spot welder (Former Employee) –  Davison and GlendaleApril 11, 2017
Typical day at martinrea come in at 6 in the morning martinrea is known for a hot stamping company so it was very very very hot had to wear boots uniform what glasses ear plug loud noise oily greasy but good money
Pros
Great pay great health insurance
Cons
Hot work boot glasses ear plugs
high Stress, Untrained Staffing
Engineering and Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNApril 9, 2017
Toughest place I have ever worked in 30+ years. All the equipment is either worn out or undersized. The equipment is ran a to fast of a pace and not serviced properly nor is the time for service given when needed. Operators are not trained to operate the equipment.
Pros
Cons
Many uncompesated hours of work
Great Place to build a future!
Training Coordinator/Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYApril 7, 2017
A great place to roll up your sleeves and enjoy making quality parts for top automotive manufacturing companies. A place where Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Human Development are the primary building blocks of our core business where our strength is in our people! Family oriented with work life balance initiatives in mind such as four day work weeks. Great benefits with 401K and company match. Paid vacations with paid holidays! An on-site fitness facility open and available to all employees 24/7 as part of the encouragement for being healthy. An open market concept with fresh choices for food during breaks. Training and development allowing for upward mobility and a positive open communication path between workforce and management to solve problem issues together as a team concept. A great recognition program that show-cases individuals and teams for achieving and surpassing targets! Great location, Just off the I-64 corridor only 15 minutes from Downtown Louisville, KY. The hourly production workers are represented by the UAW - Local 2383. Martinrea is a great place to have a stable solid career making top quality parts that showcase the talent of our people with pride in their work!
Pros
People
Production
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MIApril 5, 2017
Management was always extremely helpful, great environment to work in, the people and atmosphere was wonderful, everyone put in a real team effort to make sure numbers were met on a daily basis.
good work environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 29, 2017
Martina was a wonderful experience they were not organized what so ever the pay was excellent tho all machines will always break down for long periods
Pros
down machines
Cons
hot heat
Productive work place
Part Inspector (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 27, 2017
A great place to work and has a really good work ethic. A typical work day all parts were accounted for and no effected parts went out. Good team work. The hardest part of the job is when parts get recalled. The most enjoyable part when we make a good count and make alot of parts and send them to GM.
Pros
They bring us lunch alot
Cons
short breaks but a nice lunch time
Martinrea was a great place
Maintenance Utility/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, MIMarch 19, 2017
There was a lot of hardwork that needed to be done at Martinrea which is why i think it may get a bad reputation for the most part. I excelled and learned everything that i could from working in this company and i will be able to take these skills with me anywhere. I could not be more thankful for this company.
Pros
People, Motivated, support
Cons
Short breaks
Poor
Cashier (Former Employee) –  springfield, tnMarch 16, 2017
The typical day is exceedingly long. I learned nothing positive while working at Martinrea. Management turnover is the source of zero financial accountability at the plant. The hardest part was being being stuck there. The most enjoyable part was my first day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Martinrea International. Our community is ready to answer.