MARTINREA

MARTINREA United States Employee Reviews

Fickle
Manufacture of automobile fuel filler tubes (Current Employee), North Vernon, INMarch 29, 2015
Pros: good pay and friendly workers
Cons: Poor management
Martinrea NV contains a very good group of individuals from the floor up to the mid management level. Unfortunately, the AGM and PM are very unprofessional. There are simply to many instances of loud insulting dress downs of various employees in open settings. They also shuffle people around constantly and disrupt continuity. In addition, they promote unethical behavior in the form of lying to employees and the corporate office in order to cover up their ineptitude. Unfortunately, many individuals are also hired into positions that they are obviously not qualified for do to friendships and relationships established outside the company. The turnover among the salaried staff is very high as well.
my day of martinrea
shipping clerk (Former Employee), Jonesville, MIMarch 22, 2015
On a typical day I would start by finding out were the previous shift ended pulling shipments. Then I would start pulling shipments in between loading and unloading shipments. I always stay busy and expect a lot out of myself.
could of been a great place!
hourly (Current Employee), Jonesville, MIJanuary 5, 2015
The ppl are great! Too bad the management team won't take the time to promote within the company.
Plenty of overtime
Weld Technician - Team Lead (Current Employee), Springfield, TNJanuary 5, 2015
Plenty overtime, different positions to learn, hard workers, decent pay, climate controlled building needed, 7 day work week a bit much.
Producive
Associate (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: had good insurance and benifits
Cons: it was really hard to get off if you had a doctors appointment. we worked 5-7 days a week, 10 -12 hours a day.
I started at 5:00 am. I would come in and get straight to work. I assembled and packed 100's of car parts a day. The people we good to work with when I got the chance. Most of the time I was by myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I produced so much for this company that they hated to see me go.
Productive and interesting place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYOctober 7, 2014
The work environment was great the associates were friendly and willing to help. The hardness part was adapting to the reverse engineering of the products. The most enjoyable part was working with the associates.
Productive Employer but not for someone with a family
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks, poor management
It was a good place to work with great pay but too many hours and no benefits.
nice place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Springfield, TNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: lots of overtime
nice people work there
lots of overtime
they enjoy people being on time
Productive and growing company
Repair Welder (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYMay 5, 2014
Pros: great money while working 7 days a week
Cons: never having time off for much family time
While I was working 7 days a week 8 to 12 hours I noticed many thing about this company. I did the same repairs and same inspection on a daily basis. Most of the issues with the parts were the same faults everyday. Same repairs and same day to day duties. I did receive a great career with Martinrea I was welding certified and a great work ethic. The functions in my day to day duties where never a hard part of work but with welds being torn or missed, it did make the job stressful at times. The people who I worked with were great co workers with awesome attitudes to the trade of welding. In saying it made the process of repairing and learning how to become a better welder most enjoyable.
good place
Set up tech / Maintenance (Current Employee), north vernonApril 21, 2014
its a ok place to work, not much more to say they don't really care about people
good well paying job, very stressful environment
forklift driver (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYApril 17, 2014
Pros: well paying job
Cons: short breaks or none at all, 7 day work weeks, no time off to relax
very fast paced environment, learned about production environment, management was unorganized,the hardest part was dealing with the stress
productive and very good work place
Nylon Bending Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, MIApril 8, 2014
experience working with plastics tubes and brake lines also driving the forklift
It's okay, depends on you
Production Associate (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYMarch 25, 2014
I thought the atmosphere was ok. It was a basic assembly line job with managers having their favorites. If you were new, you had the harder jobs than people who had been there awhile. I also didn't like that you had to work 3rd shift for years until you became eligible for another shift and that was based on seniority. The pay was nice, especially when you have to work 7 days/12hours a day, but then you had no life outside of work. If you're a person who doesn't mind the work your butt off, sleep all day, work all night life, go ahead. If you're like me with a wife and kids, it's okay at first but won't last too long.
Liked working here
Acid Etch/Ultrasonic Technician (Current Employee), Jonesville, MIMarch 11, 2014
Taking customers orders delivering parts, learned alot about cars.
Good all around place to work.
Robotic Technician (Current Employee), Jonesville, MIFebruary 26, 2014
Great place to start to learn new things.
Great people willing to show you anything and teach you.
An okay job, not a good career.
Glycol Tank Operator/Manual Nylon Tube Bender (Former Employee), ManchesterJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: overtime, paid vacation/personal time
Cons: poor communication, poor management
I should start by saying that Martinrea is still a growing company, despite having a global presence. They have recently been picking up a lot of contracts through the big car companies, a bit more than they can handle. Poor communication followed by unqualified management hinders production and creates an unpleasant turnover rate on new hires. They are unwilling to spend money where it is needed and instead blow it on major, albeit useless, renovations. This company is great if you are just entering the work force or need a job bad. You will get plenty of OT and their benefits are okay. To me this is by no means a career as there is little to no chance for promotion. If you need a job, go here, if you're looking for opportunity you are best suited elsewhere.
Good people. Great company. Long hours.
Manual MIG Welder (Former Employee), Jonesville, MIJanuary 24, 2014
Good people. Great company. Long hours. Management doesn't know what they are doing. Very smoky environment.
producation
Production (Former Employee), Jonesville, MIJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: some of the people
My day was busy all day at which i liked.It was fast paced. Worked alot of hours but i enjoyed that cause it gave me more money that i could use on bills and towards my kids.
Clean Productive Factory
General Operator (Former Employee), Jonesville, MIJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: clean environment, nice employees
Cons: short breaks
The workers were nice to be around, the hours were good along with the pay, Management was understanding to situations.
unsafe and not organized
Assembly (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYNovember 13, 2013
Forklift drivers don't watch where they go. Machines were very unsafe. several have died here.

1 2 3