MARTTI Employee Reviews

Growing with all together
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2018
The open door policy that the company has is essential and one tht all employees appreciate. Typical day is being there for employees and trouble shoot any system or computer issues that they may have. also record employee attendance and if need be to increase employee then send an ASAP shift. Employee moral is very important and one I work on everyday by listening their concerns and working with management for improvement.
Best Place I've Ever Worked For
Spanish Medical Video Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Martti is an excellent company to work for. The compensation is very fair and there are many opportunities for overtime. Martti provides excellent and thorough training and great benefits.
Bad place to work
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2017
Everything above being said is TRUE!
Low pay, lots of work over load! Back to back calls specially for spanish! No sick time off, no vacations , you have to work REALLY hard to earn PTO. The point here is that YOU ARE A SLAVE! Don’t work at MARTTI!
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
No benefits, low pay
Amazing company, management, and coworkers
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2017
Martti [aka Language Access Network (LAN) is a well-organized company that is culturally diverse, which is one of the things I love most about being here. It is a fast-growing company that provides interpreting services in more than 250 languages.

There is no such thing as a perfect job with no complaints. There will always be something, but by far this is the best place I think one can work at. Everyone works as a team to provide services and do their best as a company in an efficient way.

The supervisors are friendly and kind-hearted; and coworkers are sweet and welcoming. Unfortunately, you don't get to spend much time with coworkers. But it's nice to have that sense of independence at work. Supervisors will also reach out to see how you're doing, and will ask how they can help you improve. I'm honestly very impressed by management and how they get back to you quickly, despite their busy schedules.

It can be very fast paced on certain days, specially for Spanish interpreters. But the more interpreters working, the less the call volume is. I've learned more about culture and diversity at work thanks to other coworkers, and even patients. I always learn at least 5-10 new words or terms a day.

If you enjoy helping people, diversity, and learning then Martti is a company you'll want to work for.
Pros
Good pay, Pto
Cons
Breaks feel short if it's a busy day, and don't really get to interact with coworkers
Poor management
VRI Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 25, 2017
0 respect for all employees, low paying to interpreters and agents, employees quit all the time because of the low pay. even though they make between $25-$50 MILLIONS a year in revenue. They have professionals of medicine (MDs) and they start them at $16.00/hr .... that, to me, is a slap in the face!

These people steal your hard earned money from your paycheck, their calculations are way different than the interpreters’; they steal your PTO too. If you have hours in your PTO bank, you better check it daily because they misteriously disappear. This has happenend over and over to many of the interpreters in different locations.

We truly stay because we need the $$$ to support our family; until we can find another comoany who will pay us what we’re worth or treat us with respect.

They MICRO-MANAGE, but know NOTHING about management, flip flopping policies, no structure, constantly shifting management, owners and/or investors are clearly out of touch with reality, no advancement, and even more.
Pros
LOVE my job
Cons
LOATHE the company
Great place to work!
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2017
Really good work environment at Martti Indianapolis, very nice people and managers. It pays really good and it is such a rewarding job helping people all over the states. There is a lot of calls a day, it is busy, but it is a fast growing company.
Pros
good pay, long lunch breaks
Cons
too many calls
This place is awesome! I couldn't have made a better career choice!
Video Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2017
I started 9/25/17 and I zero complaints! EVERYONE is so friendly and its like a small little family. This company is rapidly growing and I am proud to say that I am apart of the growth! The perks and benefits of the company are awesome and the pay is really good!
Great support from staff! Advancement opportunities
ASL Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 25, 2017
I love working for this company! The managers are fantastic and are constantly asking what they can do to help you become more successful. There are opportunities to advance within the company and everyone is so welcoming and nice to each other.
Pros
hour lunch, paid time off, easy schedule
Super diverse group of professionals whom enjoy their work! Room for GROWTH!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 14, 2017
This company is currently growing and will continue to grow, which is a quality I look for when searching for work. They are pretty flexible for the most part as well as kind and welcoming! The job is pretty easy to learn however you do have to understand how to use a computer and the technology to do your work. I feel that mostly everyone, especially supervisors are team players and help pick up call volumes when need be. It is very busy during the day and work gets lighter toward the evening. Promotions are usually from within and the work/family life balance works out really well for me!
Pros
diverse, growing company, employee focused, passionate about work
Cons
pay could be better and the technology/programs need improvement
Low wages
Spanish Video and Audio Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 13, 2017
They pay very little for the case load. They forget to pay employees some of their hours and they pay so low that employees are forced to work overtime to be able to survive.
Excellent opportunity to refine and enhance consecutive interpreting skills
Video medical interpreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
It's hard to describe a "typical day" here because everyday you work you experience something new. It's a flexible, diverse work environment, coworkers are friendly and fun to work with, and everyday I work I feel that what I said made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Being able to interpret for hospitals without having to be physically there at the hospitals, friendly diverse environment, wellness program for employees, medical benefits offered
Great Coworkers and professional work environment, management that will stand up for you.
Video Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
Challenging working environment when it comes to keeping up to date with medical, educational terminology. You must be able to multi task. Work load can be high at times, but it is extremely rewarding. Helping people who are in need by far makes this job worth while. If you like a job that will keep you on your toes and challenge you in a positive way, then this is the place for you. There is absolutely room to grow in the company as long as you are a driven individual. Mentally this job can take a toll on you, but the reward from great coworkers, providers, and most of all the patients and clients we help is definitely worth it. I would recommend this job to anyone who is driven, well versed in medical terminology in both English and their target language, and has a passion for helping people.
Pros
Great co workers, approachable management, growth opportunities, positive work environment.
Cons
At times large work load
Excellent Company
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 3, 2017
I work as a medical interpreter, and I absolutely love my job.I will not lie, sometimes It is very stressful and it can leave you exhausted, you have to be sharp, focused and stay up to date on your medical terminology.
You will deal with friendly doctors, nurses, and health providers, but you will also deal with disrespectful and ironically uneducated providers as well, you just have to keep this in mind, not everyone will act with the ethic and professionalism that you would expect. Overall a great company pays well and offers ongoing education for their medical interpreters which is always a plus
Pros
Great company to work with
Cons
Providers can be very very rude and disorganized
Administration Issues
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2017
Office environment with opportunities to move up in the company. Management could be a little more professional. Private things aren't kept very private.
Friendly co-workers, poor management
Video Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2017
Being a video medical interpreter is challenging and rewarding, and it takes a lot from you mentally and emotionally at times. The co-workers are always ready to help and they are very friendly. Management veered from being invisible to micro-managing in the blink of an eye and they don't exhibit leadership qualities. The benefits were beyond disappointing.
Pros
Co-workers, rewarding work
Cons
Management and benefits
Bad place to work.
Spanish Video Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 31, 2017
This company lie to the employees. They get them all happy about benefits but they pay very little for the work load. They make us feel like slaves and they steal money from the employees. When employees ask about why they are not paying all the hours they always make up excuses and get away with it. They are always saying that employees owe them hours so when is payday they take money out of interpreters checks, they pay everyone different rate depending on how convenient it is for them. Interpreters come an go very few last more than 6 months. Also, employees can only take the breaks when they decide even if it has been more than 2 hours. The work load is insane. We have to take Overtime to be able to get a decent check.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Great management and co-workers
SPANISH MEDICAL INTERPRETER (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 31, 2017
I am a Spanish interpreter that works remotely from my home. This job is good if you want some extra income. Everyone who I have spoken to on the phone, management and co-workers, are all very friendly.
Challenging and rewarding medical interpreting job
Video Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 14, 2016
Interpreting work at LAN is interesting and challenging and provides a unique and rewarding opportunity to assist people in need all over the country. Most patients and medical providers are very grateful for the service we provide. The company promotes a multi-cultural environment and places a great deal of emphasis on training and continuing education. The variety of medical appointments and working alongside other interpreters really helps me to expand my vocabulary and sharpen my skills as an interpreter. The work is fast-paced and the day goes by quickly.

Though you might earn more per hour working independently, by working at LAN there is no need to travel all over the city for appointments adding wear and tear to your vehicle. There are no long waits in a hospital waiting room. There are no patients coughing or sneezing on you. You don't have self-employment taxes and don't need to calculate taxes for every little suburb where you handle appointments. Plus, the benefits are quite good. Management has proven to be very reasonable and flexible with my schedule to the degree that I have also been flexible with the company's needs.

The downside is that you are very busy. There is very little time to take care of personal matters or phone calls or even to send a text. The technology can also create a challenge at times. Microphones and cameras are just not as good as your own eyes and ears, so it can sometimes be difficult to see and hear what is happening in a room when you're not physically present in the hospital. And by the end of the day, the headphones are definitely
  more... hurting my ears. But overall the tech works quite well, and it's nice to have computer resources at your fingertips during an interpretation.  less
Pros
Fast-paced, challenging work, assisting people in need, excellent training, multi-cultural environment
Cons
Little time for personal matters, being seated for many hours, wearing headphones all day
Good and Bad work ambient
Video Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2016
A typical day of work: Emergency/ Trauma & Labor and Delivery's Calls (Overnight Shifts)

I learn how fragile live really is.

Management: Some of the Managers are Great, no HR personal available to address any concern.Lack of flexibility on scheduling.
Busy call flow.

Coworkers- Are Great, Helpful and provide the Support when need it.

The hardest part of the job, sometimes the quality of the video/audio are not the greatest.

The most enjoyable part of the work, be able to really help others who does't speak English,
Pros
Health Care, Good Pay, Great Co-workers
Cons
Air Conditioning/ Heater is always to warm, To many people "In charge"
overall, a great company
Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2016
I just had trouble because I have difficult shifts that are hard to work around. The have pretty good benefits though, and usually promote from within.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARTTI. Our community is ready to answer.