Marukai Corporation Employee Reviews

Sucks, horrible work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2017
Honestly working here was the most depressing time of my life. Its so slow and the store ia full of a bunch of whiny gossipy older women that have nothing better to do than tattle tale on you when you do something that they dont like. Management is horrible and does nothing to stop this they just look the other. Unless this is like a last restort dont work here.
Fast Paced
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 30, 2017
The company is always evolving, and often not sure on which direction. The company is very unorganized, and this is due to constant change in Presidents in company.
Pros
Employees
Cons
no stability
management
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 27, 2015
This company bough the old the company two years ago. This company is laying off 46 employees so far. Special our age (more than 60 years -old and cutting the benefit.)
Management- the importance time, money and people.
The employees will work hard if the company treat right. Listening the customers. (what they want to do or what kind of service).
Pros
uniforms
Cons
health care
Productive and exciting work environment.
Grocery Bagger (Former Employee) –  Gardena, caAugust 22, 2015
I was doing basic grocery store worker duties such as bagging and cashiering. I guess the best part about working for Marukai would be the friendl;iness and liveliness of my co-workers. They were always on top of their job but still were fun to work with and be around.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
repettitive work
Productive and friendly environment
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 2, 2014
Typical day includes rotation of inventory and answering questions that customers may have. Co-workers are all friendly and are willing to offer help anytime it is needed. The hardest part would be when there are days with large shipments which need multiple days to organize, but the most enjoyable part would be having extra time to help out other employees.
Pros
Store membership rewards
Cons
Short breaks
Friendly co-workers.
Stocker and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2014
Every day I have to check the expired products and refill the empty one. I also have to make sure that I keep an organization stock of each section of the aisle. I learned how to communicate with different people and give them a very friendly welcome and assistance at our store. Throughout the years I have worked here, my co-workers have been really friendly and understanding with our jobs. However, the hardest part of this job is the nonstop work especially during the days of delivery by unloading a pallet of goods and products with the use of pork lift truck. Overall, the most enjoyable part of this job is by meeting new people inside the store and by becoming friends with some of the customer as well.
Pros
safety rules
Cons
short breaks
Horrible Company.
Supervisor for Security and Maintenance Team (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 29, 2014
no way to advance in the company. There always a management. change. Co-workers are always finding ways to get each other in trouble.
busy work place and nice people to work with
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 16, 2012
Working here have been fun for me. Co-workers are friendly and they help you when you have questions or something you need help with. It's usually busy on weekends and the thing i enjoy the most about the job is working with people.
New business venture for a large Japanese grocery chain.
Department Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2012
The day would consist of meeting with the general manager when reporting to work. The manager would lay out the guidelines for purchasing and promotional items for the particular week.
Our week would consist of general merchandising as well and planning order quantities and requirements as outlined by upper management..
Management was very organized and well outlined and defined according to company policy. The managers would ask for our individual input and ideas regarding aspects or ordering, merchandising as well as new product placement ideas and promotional ideas.
The most enjoyable part of working for Marukai was the close knit, well organized work flow. It was a smaller scale store, but allowed for interaction and working on team projects with fellow co-workers and management.
Pros
organizational structure, management, co-workers, specific outlined duties.
Cons
lack of hours provided for management.