Marvin Windows and Doors

Marvin Windows and Doors Employee Reviews

Productive, always something to do, loved being a loader.
Loader/Unloader/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed working here as a loader. I left without notice due to medical emergency had to move to Louisiana and now back in fargo. I'd work here again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Monday-friday work with chances of overtime on saturdays
Cons
Occurrence system for when you forgot your badge or had family emergency
Good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNApril 6, 2016
It was a good place to work as far as a factory job. I worked in many different positions within the warehouse. There are multiple assembly lines that the we would deliver parts too.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No room for advancement
Awesome Place to Work
Technical Illustrator (Current Employee) –  Warroad, MNFebruary 8, 2016
My time working at Marvin Windows and Doors has been phenomenal; every day I see how Marvin fairly and honestly does business with their employers. Working here I have gained experience and friendships under an awesome team of management. The co-workers here are some of the nicest I imagine one could find, because they are always willing to help other succeed. I enjoy working here because management is always willing to work with me to learn new things.

This is further reverberated by the fact that Marvin has won several awards and praise for their good ethics, including the American Business Ethics Award and good words from the president of the United States.
Pros
Job Security, Low Stress, Trust
I love testing wood
Machine Operator And Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNJuly 13, 2015
Start with checking my emails, goinging out on the floor checking to make sure every thing was alright. Check on co-worker do not need anything. Check in to my supervisor. ENjoys when my supervisor thank me for doing a great job.
Pros
Cook-out
Cons
nothing
Some great people to work with
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Warroad, MNJune 21, 2014
Busy most of the time and hot and humid in the summer. Benefits were pretty good.
Pros
long weekends
good place to work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Warroad, MNMarch 3, 2014
if u like working in a factory it is a good place to work i learned a lot
A great place to work! The company puts the worker first.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Grafton, NDJuly 5, 2013
A great company. Marvin keeps the employee first. This company promotes continual improvement and fosters a environment of Team Work.
I loved the work,
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Grafton, NDMay 21, 2013
I loved the work and the training. Not so much the people that I worked with. I liked working by myself most of the time.
Far away
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warroad, MNMay 7, 2013
Marvin Windows is a company in a small town. I wish there was diversity, but there wasn't any at all.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
far from city life
Productive workplace with great values
Print Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 20, 2013
Marvin's is a great family started and owned company. They have great values and morals. It was wonderful to work for such a great company. All co-workers were friendly.
Great company , good people,
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Warroad, MNJanuary 22, 2013
Basically ran a computerized saw , cutting parts for Windows. Worked with a lot if good people , management was a little overbearing, but overall a great work experience . Didn't much like being on the concrete floors all day...
Pros
good bonus
Cons
we were not aloud to talk to each other while we were working, which didnt make much sence to me .
Keep Your Distance
worker (Former Employee) –  eaganOctober 17, 2012
Eagan leadership is weak; benefits are not competitve; not growing or thriving. Find someplace else.
Pros
good location
Cons
pay/benefits
Great company to work for
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 4, 2012
Designed and produced marketing materials, ads, direct mail pieces. I was souly responsible for all press checks - both sheet fed and web fed. Expert at color balance, color consistency and achieving correct color while on press.
Pros
beautiful work environment, lovely break room with free coffee, hot chocolate, tea, cider available all day.
Cons
economic correction, residential and commercial building declined and job was eliminated.
Good Benefits/Not reliable
Frame Preparation Assembly (Current Employee) –  Warroad, MNApril 25, 2012
A typical day at Marvin Windows and Doors depending on which department could either be busy or slow. Generally, for most of the year, the plant is rather slow--the work varies day by day. Some days you have the option to go home early without pay and some days you could be asked to stay late. Usually there are about 32 hours in a work week. The benefits are excellent, especially in this type of economy. They offer 401k, life insurance, health insurance, dental, vision, braces for children up to 19 years of age, scholarships for school, and short term and long term disability.

I've learned many jobs at this plant. I've learned to work hard and how to improve the quality of the products. I've also learned that working hard sometimes does not pay off.

Management seems to be a bit slow on common sense and organization but do have nice personalities.

Many co-workers are lazy and get away with being that way. But many other co-workers are very hard working and strive to achieve and succeed but no longer care to be this way due to the lazy co-workers.

The hardest part of the job probably is learning within minutes without help in certain circumstances (rare).

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with fun, kind, and funny people.
benefits
Cons
no work, short hours
Excellent Company to work for
Dealer Direct Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warroad, MNFebruary 28, 2012
Marvin Windows and Doors is an excellent company to work for. Because it is locally owned and operated by the Marvin family they truly have an understanding of their employees and their needs. They strive for the highest standards in both their product and employees. The company commitment to give back to the community is an example of just how committed they are to provide the best for their area.