Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital

Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

A enrgetic coordination of patient care that transforms lives
Case Management/Discharge Planner (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Monthly Educational Credits, Annual employee anniversary recognition banquets
Cons: tighten up on budget, eliminate provided lunch at monthly meeting
Excellant multidisiciplinary team support across the board. Very good investment in employee training. Caring corporate culture that reinforces excellant committment to patient care. MFB is a wonderful place to work.
This facility is poorly run from the top to bottom. CEO has no healthcare experience.
RN (Current Employee), hospitalFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: new hospital open soon
Cons: wage/bonus/gain share freeze, very low staff morale, benefits bein lost regularly, no job security, useless management, ceo making uniformed decisions hurting hospital and staff, tense work environment
Don't believe the hype this place puts in the media. CEO brings his friends in to fill jobs instead of qualified people and has NEVER been in healthcare in his life and is destroying this place. They laid a large amount of people off due to budget issues while running tv commercials saying how well the place is doing. CEO is building a new facility but now has no money due to poor management and hiring friends as construction leaders. We are currently under a raise and gain share freeze thats been going on for the last 24 months with no end in sight. Co workers used to feel like family, now everyone is worried about losing their jobs and turn on each other very quickly. I have loved working here for the last 17 years but not anymore. I'm just hanging on until I can retire. Not a fun or even okay work environment anymore. Everyone throws everyone under the bus at the drop of a hat due to fear of losing job.
No respect for employees, but good pay and benefits
Nurse Tech (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 26, 2015
They don't respect the employees there. They give you so much work to do that you don't have time for breaks and you get out late. Co-workers are great team players for the most part, but there's always a handful that shouldn't be there. Pay and benefits are great.
horrible, shady place
rn (Former Employee), miNovember 22, 2013
Cons: disorganized, no set standard is followed
Very shady place to work. Be careful if you choose to work here. They dont care for quality and employees are treated like a dime a dozen. They dont like outsiders nor hard workers. Very disorganized. They make up rules as they go.
dedicated employees, great culture
Social Worker (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 19, 2013
I feel supported and validated in my role. I am surrounded by great co-workers, who are very dedicated to the patients and families we serve.
Amazing place I love working here
Nurse Technician (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 18, 2013
Great people to work with and the care they give to patients is wonderful.
OK
OTC (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 20, 2012
It's ok! But not what I was expecting at all!! Working environment, coworkers helping each other out, accountablity...it's just not there.