Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,007 reviews matching the search
Great people, great company
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 27, 2016
As a contractor, job security/advancement does not apply to my position. However, I have first-hand knowledge of this company's dedication to promoting from within. As a result, mid-career positions are somewhat limited. If I could accept a junior or entry-level position, I would jump at the chance at a permanent position.
Pros
Altruistic company, awesome culture, fabulous products, wonderful people, exceptional work-life balance
Cons
Formal work attire (cost of wardrobe and dry cleaning can get expensive)
Boss
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 22, 2016
You don't work for Mary Kay. Mary Kay provides you with product to sell, training, and knowledge to make your own business, your own hours, your own way. Truly be your own boss.
Mary Kay Independent Consultants are dynamic women and men
Independent Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 20, 2016
As an Independence Skincare adviser, my days are comprised of
booking calls, team building as well as selling of Mary Kay skin care and personal care products.

I spend time interacting with clients and advising them of the appropriate products for the care of any issues with their skin.
I also allow women to envision themselves building a home based business for themselves as a part time or if they choose a full time basis.
Pros
Having an impact that is larger than me.
Flexible and fun
Sales associate and independent beauty consultant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2016
With Mary Kay, you can decide how much effort you want to put into your work and establish great relationships with your customers. All of my co-workers are supportive and encouraging.
Great
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Great co-workers the atmosphere is very friendly and playful. Supportive management team that try and support the people on the floor as much as they can. The hardest part of the job would be the willingness for the sales force member we support to learn and adapt to new technology.
Cons
work hours
What I like and dislike this job.
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXSeptember 15, 2016
My typical day at was good love selling items and learning new things. I've learned how to improve myself to put on make up on me and on costumers. Showing the costumers the new product that we had and make the sell. Always ask the costumers if they want to be a part of the group. My management was alright not 100% complaint, was really hard to get a hold of her. I work by myself making the sells and getting ladies into Mary Kay Inc. My hardest part of my job was nothing just working alone. I love my job that every time We get new items and new clients.
Productive and Fun work experience
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CASeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed meeting new people and helping them find a product that helps them with their need. The benefits of reaching each goal was rewarding in every way possible
Why I love what i do,.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXSeptember 8, 2016
I love working for Mary kay...the ladies are so loving and caring. I wouldn't change my work with them for anything. What we do is find woman who have not yet tried Mary Kay yet or have and do not have a consultant to get them the products there missing. Door to Door or Business to Business its hard long work but fun to help woman feel there best.
Pros
50% commition, Prizes, Cars, Parties and haveing a wounderful company to back you up.
Cons
Hard work, Long hours
Fun and Flexible!!
Advanced Color Consultant and IBO (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 1, 2016
I love being a Mary Kay consultant! I can run my business however I choose, and I love getting to know my customers one-on-one. When I meet with my hostess, my presentation to her does not feel like work; it's more like girl time and pampering! My customers are very loyal, mostly because Mary Kay offers top-of-the-line skin care and cosmetics, and because I give them very good, personal service! The best part about this job is the sky is the limit, and I am the boss to however far I want to go!! I love my Mary Kay!!
sales consulant
An independent agent (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 31, 2016
making orders and selling cosmetics. Hard worker selling cosmetic to make a customer happy.Making money strength to make money to bring to my family table.
Pros
owning your own company
Cons
not being around people
Fantastic Learning Culture with Great Self Starters
Independant Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 29, 2016
I love working with and for Mary Kay, Inc. The history is wonderful and continues to inspire and empower young women all across the world to pursue their dreams through personal small business ownership. The hardest part of the job is just starting! Once you are through the door it is just wonderful, exciting and so much fun to help other women with skin care, hygiene and cosmetic products! Through Mary Kay, I have been able to learn so many valuable skills. The details, taxes and organization that come through owning your own small business are wonderful and completely rewarding.
Pros
Great products, amazing people
Cons
Taxes for small businesses
Family friendly business
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 26, 2016
This is an awesome business for stay at home parents. Wonderful sisterhood and always have someone who is willing to help you advance. This is a great company.
Pros
make your own hours
Beauty consultant
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2016
Love working in this industry, you get to work when you want how you want. Directors are very helpful, you get to make awesome friends. meetings every week so you motivated.
Pros
almost everything
Cons
have to work hard for clients
Great company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 25, 2016
Mary Kay is a great company. I love love love the products and the commoroderie between consultants. The prizes are amazing, and the training is outstanding.
mary kay
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Robesonia, PAAugust 24, 2016
Host product demonstration events. Provide product knowledge information to customers. Order desired products for customers. Perform administrative tasks such as bookkeeping and filing.
On your own, time management is key
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 23, 2016
Mary Kay is a great, religious friendly company that urges women to sell products on their own time. The group meetings, free facials, and raffles are all a part of growing within the company. Be ready to schedule your time wisely, book appointments on your own, and see results according to your work ethic.
Very pushy sales job
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 22, 2016
I liked the training and self growth through training, however the sales part just was not for me. Also I am not big on makeup.
Empowering Women
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 21, 2016
Man, where do I begin?! I LOVED working for Mary Kay!
The company was amazing and very well thought out. Earning things and winning prizes was easy.
The hardest part about my job was not putting enough time in to it. I had another job so I couldn't fully invest in to it. I would say that working for Mary Kay needs to be a full time job in order to see any real benefits (like a car).
The best part? The way that company makes you feel! They make you feel like you can do anything. They make you feel beautiful and of worth.
I learned from this company that I can do anything and that I shouldn't listen to what the world has to say because I'm perfect and strong.
Pros
1/2 off beauty products, free car
Cons
Not fully invested
A place to grow and enrich other womens lives
Independent Senior Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 21, 2016
I am a part time entrepreneur so I work for myself. I book appointments for free facials that turn into future parties and new bookings. My days include waking up early and creating a plan on how to reach my sale goals that week and that month.

My coworkers are actually my team members, I am a senior consultant so I work hand in hand with my business partner to reach our next level in the business. I also work closely with my director that mentors me and guides me to go higher.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the women I work with transform and become happy as they sample and use the Mary Kay product.
Pros
50% of everything you make.
Cons
No sick days
Great for a supplemental income
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  HomeAugust 19, 2016
A typical work day included always income producing activities and the such. Mastering my time was the biggest thing I learned!
Pros
Discount on product and personal development.
Cons
Independent contractor can be scary sometimes!

4.2