Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc United States Employee Reviews

Productive and exciting to promote Mary Kay business
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: discounts on products and receive gifts from mentor.
Cons: Slow start of getting a new business started.
I would always keep a full inventory of Mary Kay products at all times. I would keep an organized files of receipts and inventory sheets. I would set-up for Mary Kay parties and network with personnel to get more clients. Always show excellent customer service skills. I would always have short and long term goals to keep in mind. There's always a cheerful environment during any events and trainings that we had. Mary Kay business is a great enjoyment and will always be there in the future to keep enriching womens lives all over the world.
Pushy
Sales | Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Gloucester, VaApril 6, 2015
Not all of the members of Mary Kay are pushy, but a lot are. Not just with the customers, either, but with new members. They would say that they are being encouraging, but really, they are shoving their product. The product itself is awesome, and does not need to be pushed.
Work at your own pace
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Palm City, FLApril 4, 2015
Pros: lots of free giveaways, meeting new people
Cons: Not a set amount of money each week.
Keeping daily spreadsheet of what was sold, and what is in inventory. Answering phone calls regarding product descriptions. Gaining new clientele through other clients.
The hardest part of this job, is putting yourself out there to get your clients.
The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to stay home with my children.
Enjoyable and fun self employment opportunity
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
Was able to make my own hours and make 50% of my sales. Learned to run my own business including managing finance, purchases, sales, keeping a stock of merchandise available, and helping others. Co-workers were always pleasant to work with. Everyone was always motivating and positive. Perks included winning various prizes for high sales. Was occasionally difficult to convince people to throw parties for sales. Once parties were thrown product sold itself so no need for unsavory pressured sales.
Educational, productive, and fun company
❸ Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Love checks from the company
Mary Kay Cosmetics has provided me with an open schedule and allows me to work from home. The company has provided myself with a great opportunity of entrepreneurship, which has taught me how to run and operate my own business. The most enjoyable part is that I am my own manager and schedule my own hours. The hardest part of my job is having to do my own taxes. Keeping inventory has been successful.
The work is fast pace and management expectation of the time work should be done is unrealistic.
Order Filler (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 19, 2015
Over all the do try to take care of the employee's the insurance is good as well as the 401k. They do some volunteer work were you get to bring friends and family and you do get a nice discount on cosmetics
exciting company to work with
Mobile/Event stylist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2015
I love the products they offer. I like that you can work from home and set your own schedule. All the associates that I have met are helpful and inspiring.
I was in control of my life
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Elgin, SCMarch 17, 2015
I choose my schedule and spend time with my family. My pay depended on how much time and effort I put into my business. It went hand-in-hand with my work as a cosmetologist.
Too Much of a Pyramid Scheme
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Kokomo, INMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Good Products
Cons: No real security
The company pushes you to pre order products, and schedule shows for pittance rewards. Directors are trained to make you feel like you aren't doing enough.
Self Employed
Direct sales/Future Director (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYMarch 11, 2015
amazing group of some. always meeting new people and learning how to deal with different situations. Amazing for personal growth and confidence!
Enhancing lives of Women
Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 9, 2015
I love making women feel beautiful about themselves everyday. To know I can help build their self-esteem and help them financially brings me joy.
Great Place to work
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMarch 3, 2015
My typical day at work is starting my instruments and evaluating
papers from previous testing. Assigning work to contract
workers and checking their results. Having weekly meetings to evaluate the week before and checking for problems.
I have stayed so long at Mary Kay because i enjoyed my job.
Fun but hard work
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Corunna, MIFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: meet new people, learned new skills
Cons: unpaid
I like working here but you get no true benefits and if you make no sales then you don't get a check at the end of the month. The team members and my team leader are all really nice.
More than just work
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Buckeye, AZFebruary 27, 2015
Absolutely love this company for their belief in putting others first before profits. They have excellent training, camaraderie, and a strong belief that your family comes first. Look forward to the future with this company.
Fun and Uplifting
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 26, 2015
I have been in Mary Kay almost a year and I absolutely love it. I love the meetings we have every Wednesday. The environment is very vibrant and everyone looks our for their team members.
interesting and meeting new people
beauty consultants (Former Employee), Elkhart, INFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: you set your own schedule
Cons: clients dont always buy on an everyday basis
Learned a lot more. If you love cosmetology and or makeup you will enjoy the products. You set up meet and greets. Make calls daily to find new customers. Manage your own inventory.
consulting
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2015
make your own money by selling good products, you get 50% from the sells you make. Loved the way we didn't have any work hours.
Mary Kay, Inc.
Senior Sales Director (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 25, 2015
A great company for a beginner entrepreneur. Mary Kay teaches the basic skills for running your own business and developing your team.
Great environment for flexibile work day needs
Senior Sales Director (Current Employee), Ojai, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not enough encouragement/contact with upper management
As an independent sales force member for 20 years, I believe that only self-driven and motivated individuals need apply. This was an incredible position for myself and my family as we grew, and needs at home fluctuated from full-time stay at home mom, to transportation mom, homework and field-trip mom, etc. I was able to earn an executive income while balancing many priorities. As our family life has changed, I am more interested in a full-time position building a company that cares.
A very flexible career
Consultant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 18, 2015
I was able to improve upon my networking skills as a consultant. The hours were very flexible, which was great for me. The most fun part of the job was the events that I would put together for potential clients. The hardest part of the job was selling the product and experiencing lack of commitment from clients.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay, Inc. is a privately owned direct sales company that sells cosmetics products directly to consumers. According to Direct – Read more

Mary Kay Inc Salaries