Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc Employer Reviews

Everything relies on how hard you work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2014
You will do well if you work hard and if you do not work hard then you will not do as well. Even though you are considered to be your own boss, the company still offers rewards to keep to motivated.
Mary Kay offers so much versatility along with good fun. Unheard of in the general corporate setting!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Mid Michigan areaJuly 4, 2014
Pros: excellent financial opportunities, gifts, prizes, travel and free cars for those who are willing to work hard.
Cons: for some, being your own boss can result in disorganization and lack of work ethic.
Mary Kay is like water. It fits with everything else a person deals with in their life. It is a wonderful corporation that honors women in all stages of life. Both their products and work opportunities are the best!
A true company that values their employees
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Addison, TXJuly 1, 2014
The first thing I noticed about this company is the longevity of its employees. It is hard to walk down the hall and find someone who hasn't been employed at Mary Kay for 10-20 years. This company really does indeed care about their employees.
Helping women to find their inner beauty
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 30, 2014
Pros: earn cars, recognition, self-motivating, support
Cons: i don't know of one i love helping families
My typical day at work is going to pamper my clients, checking on their skincare and just making that appointment totally all about them
You are your own Manager
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 28, 2014
Pros: you are your own manager
Calling and Booking Appointments 'Mary Kay Parties'
Sales and Customer Service
Explain and Sample all products
Customer Information (Payments, Shipments, Billing)
I enjoy be apart of making women feel Beautiful and having fun with Beauty Products.
Very Fun at home Business
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Newport News VaJune 27, 2014
I work hard to get exactly what my customers actually want and need. I go above and beyond their expectations with my well put together gift bags and products. I also put together product parties so that my clients can test and purchase items from my home.
Awesome company
Team Lead (Manufacturing) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2014
Loyal to employees and have a great family atmosphere...dedicated supervisors
Fun
Senior Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Vineland, NJJune 17, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: must sell enough to profit
You sell makeup and get to be girly all day long and at your own availability and pace!
A solid company, with good products and flexible work schedules.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Aguada, Puerto RicoJune 13, 2014
Mary Kay is a solid company with amazing beauty products. As an Independent Beauty Consultant you can set your own pace. Your work schedule is determined solely by you, and the company also provides plenty of support, resources, incentives, and benefits.
Energetic and Encouraging Work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 6, 2014
Working with a team as an individual has taught me to communicate clearly and effectively while also building my own business. I have learned to accept help, criticism, and how to set and accomplish realistic goals.
Flexible
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Magna, UtahJune 5, 2014
It's flexible with my schedule as a full-time student and a full-time mother. I work it when I can!
Previously reviewed
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Merced, CAMay 31, 2014
I reviewed this job. It was great. I just dont want to run a business. That is why I stopped selling makeup. Nothing wrong with Mary Kay, just not for me.
Small company.
Independent Director Tanya Johnson (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 22, 2014
The pay was not sufficient for the amount of work and there was no room for growth.
it's great
Make Up Consultant (Current Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLMay 21, 2014
it's great to sell products that makes people feel good, and recieve bonus for doing good and working hard
Party planning and convenient sells
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Alhambra, CAMay 16, 2014
I worked as a sells consultant. I basically planned parties with other ladies, showed them how to use the products, and sell to those interested. I also had recurring costumers.
Your own boss!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Boulder, COMay 13, 2014
Pros: your bussiness
Cons: $ fluctuates
The best part of this job is that you make your own schedule and you are your own boss. It was nice to make pink party's and phone calls to customers. Hard because you never know how your sales may go. Then again its how hard you work and how much time you put towards it.
good bussines
Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 9, 2014
Strong interpersonal, listening, and rapport building skills, with aptitude to effectively communicate with customers, coworkers, business associates, and management, maintaining a positive working environment.
Fun
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Tarawa Terrace, NCMay 8, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: setting appointments
I really enjoy working with Mary Kay because I like being around other people. I think the hardest part is to find customers that actually want to set up an appointment.
Challenging, Unique and Fun!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2014
Pros: working with others and selling beauty products!
Cons: no healthcare or benefits.
A typical day working as a Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay included marketing my products and the Mary Kay business opportunity. I learned unique marketing techniques, how to sell present products and recommend the best product for each customer, organize sales events and recruit team members. The hardest part of the job was getting people to form their – more... own opinion of Mary Kay outside of the "Outdated" and "Unusual" reputation that it's commonly known for. The most enjoyable part of the job was being immersed in makeup and skin care products and making women feel beautiful! – less
Excited, happy, enthusiastic group, very professional and I proud to be numbered with them
image consultant, specializing in skincare (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMay 3, 2014
It works if YOU work it, the training is there if YOU go to the meetings and get it. The customers are looking for the product, go and ASK and INVITE.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay, Inc. is a privately owned direct sales company that sells cosmetics products directly to consumers. According to Direct – Read more