Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

It was fun but not as rewarding as I would have liked
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), St. Cloud, MNAugust 29, 2015
It was fun to be my own boss, I just would like to find a career that is more consistent and that does not require me to purchase products.
Excellent opportunity.
Independent Consultant/Trainer/Business Coach (Current Employee), Baltic, CTAugust 27, 2015
Opportunity to create your own business with flexible hours and no glass ceilings. Built in work/life balance and generous compensation plan.
Great position for some
Beauty Consultant Mary Kay Cosmetics (Former Employee), Greenville, OHAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Flexibility in daily schedule
Cons: Merchandiser over population in my area
I am not much of a cosmetic wearer or user, therefore this was not the best fit for me, I am also from a small community in which we have a copious amount of merchandisers for this company.
Helps the best interest of children in foster care
Independent Beauty Advisor/Life Coach (Current Employee), Bowling Green KentuckyAugust 25, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: competition with other non-profits in the area for funding
CASA does an outstanding job of assisting children and their families with navigating community resources in order to obtain family reunification.

There was not a typical day. Duties could range from development with prospective donors, phone calls to collateral organizations to keep up with case/family information to fundraising tasks. Management was a team effort. This hardest part of the job was when families did not come together; however, greater good for the families generally was the outcome. The best part of the job was seeing families be reunited.
Exciting and Friendly work place
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Brandon MsAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed meeting and helping others to feel their best. I was able to be around people who were striving to reach goals and become successful in life. I loved working and getting to use all the great products their company supplied. Putting a smile on someones face just by applying a few products was very rewarding. I would love the opportunity to be apart of your team.
Great Company; No room to Advance
Coordinator Director's Information Center (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Profit Sharing
Cons: So great a company virtually impossible to advance.
Loved this company. Company was so great that most employees never left which made it hard to advance. When there was advancement opportunity you were up against the best of the best so making a name for yourself was virtually impossible.
Set your goals
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2015
This job is definitely one that depends on you and the goals you decide to set for yourself. You have to set goals in order to succeed in this company.
great experience
Independent beauty consultant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 8, 2015
I met inspiring woman on a daily basis and connected with amazing woman while helping build confidence through my creativity in Mary Kay products. I built great relationships with the other woman involved in Mary Kay and i was taught by my directors and nationals.
Nice to do on the side.
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), West Covina, CAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: You get to meet a lot of different people.
Cons: You have to cold sell to tons of people you don't know.
Working for a Mary Consultant was nice but wasn't enough to pay the bills. You can go for if you really want to in Mary Kay but requires a lot of hustle in cold selling and that just isn't for me.
Productive and Rewarding
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 30, 2015
If you are self motivated, this is a great job to have. There is a great deal of money to make in this business. You also get to meet other women who have goals similar to your own. It is a great support system.
Cosmetic sales
Mary Kay Consultant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Cosmetic samples
Cons: Too expensive and not very lucrative
For me personally, Mary Kay was not very lucrative. I loved the idea of having the ability to earn money and yet have ample time to fulfill my family obligations.
good job
Salesperson (Former Employee), Davie, FLJuly 29, 2015
The job is independent, fun. you work at your own pace. I also loved the free samples. I was my own boss and the seminars was exciting.
Follows written procedures from batch records, SOPs, and departmental procedures in the compounding of bulk products
Processing Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2015
Ensures products meet stander specifications, resolve productions issues, and implement ideas to improve the overall production
Managing daily production schedule, and ensures raw-materials inventory accuracy
Operating multiple machineries “Mixer, Quadro, Pumps, Forklift”
Assume supervisor, team leader responsibility when needed and attend production meeting
Completes and verifies manufacturing documentation as required
Weighs raw materials for bulk production according to batch specifications using electronic digital scales
Performs cycle counts, inventory adjustments to maintain inventory accuracy
I love Mary Kay, but...
Sales Associate/ Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Aurora, CoJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Create your own schedule, how much money you make is unlimited
Cons: More sales driven, hard to get sales
Its a great company to work for and it really helps to get your foot in the door to the cosmetics industry, however, Its more sales driven than it is make up artistry. Also, there's more older woman than there are woman my age which really sucks because I love to make friends and socialize within my age group.
Productive, wonderful experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRJuly 18, 2015
Mary Kay is a wonderful company with great products. I had a good time working as a consultant. You have the opportunity to work from your home and organize your own schedule.
Difficult and challenging environment
Self Employed Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), My houseJuly 15, 2015
Pros: my own schedule
Cons: Difficult to get started
I learned how to grow myself as an individual both social and individually by having to go out of my comfort zone to recruit prospective customers. The hardest part of the job was getting the customers.
Great Company
Senior Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Work from HomeJuly 9, 2015
I love how you can work from home and do it on your own time. There are no quotas. You receive great commissions. The hardest part is to keep motivated and working on your own. It is hard sometimes to get bookings and to get them to hold. But, once you have them it is great and easy to make money.
Giving a excelent experience and advices with marykay products to customers.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Puerto RicoJuly 9, 2015
a typical day at work are in college talk with my experience in Mary Kay and the benefit that i have. Provide marykay catalog to university students and administrative employee. If any one want a product i write a list of products and in a final week of all month i place a order.
Loved this work environment
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Coatesville, PAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: I am my own boss
Cons: No benefits because it is an independent company
You are your own boss in Mary Kay it is an independent business. I make up my own hours, work when I want to work. I also make my money off of my sales; I get half of what I sell at parties or re-orders. The ladies in Mary Kay are amazing; they are loving and caring. They always want to see you improve in Mary Kay.
Enjoyable work inviorment. Meeting new people
Individual Mary Kay Sales Representative (Former Employee), Denver metro areaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people and making friends
Cons: None
A typical day was showing the product. Setting up show. Showing clients how to apply makeup. Showing the catalog and talking about product Setting up appointment's. Taking orders then submitting orders. Than getting product to clients. My co workers were great. Management was great. The hardest part of the job was when orders weren't sent on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.