Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,118 reviews matching the search
Great Company
INDEPENDENT BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, MOMarch 23, 2017
Mary Kay is a wonderful company, that tries it's best to help you succeed. Your work day is what you make it to be, and your clients become your best friends. Everyone I have met from Mary Kay has been a genuinely nice person. Also, there is always room for personal and professional growth while working at Mary Kay.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2017
Work the hours you want, it's your business.
Learned a lot on skin care.
I can work from anywhere.
If you don't get out there you won't sell.
Don't miss your meetings
Director of Sales
Senior Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2017
*Manage my own business with independent sales consultants under my
direct supervision.
*Implement corporate training and classes.
*Implement marketing strategies for my business.
*Manage all fiscal responsibilities.
*Promotion of products to enhance sales growth.
Independent Beauty Consultant
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13205March 19, 2017
As an "Independent" Beauty Consultant, you are your own Boss, make your own hours.
You design your day on how you want your business to run. Making calls to schedule and verify appointments, holding appointments.
I love meeting new people, networking and holding appointments.
The women in Mary Kay (working with) is not like any other. We are encouraging, motivating and helping others up the "ladder" of success.
Since I am a people person, I love sitting with men and women - teaching them about skin care - and watch the change that is happening when they fall in love with the product the very first time using it.
Pros
Mary Kay is one of the top companies to work with
Cons
you are your own boss and you must be desciplined
Productive and a fun place to work
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2017
The day started by reviewing our production sheets with our fellow employees, they will take over where we left off at. I've learned a lot there. Miss that company very much. The management was terrific. The company in general made you feel like you were working with family. the wasn't really a hardest part of any job. Most enjoyable part of the job every year Mary Kay Corporation would rent out Six Flags Over Dallas for the employees.
Pros
free lunch on your birthday and anniversary
Cons
Fun and sometimes Challenging work place
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNMarch 16, 2017
A typical work day consisted of me making reminder calls to potential customers. I would make certain that I had the correct skin types for each potential client. I would also make certain that I had snacks, water, and hostess for each gathering. Some parties were very successful and other times people would not even show up. Overall this was a nice experience for me, sometimes it was profitable and other times it felt like the parties were purely for promotion of the items.
Pros
I designed my own schedule.
Cons
inconsistent funds
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Muleshoe, TXMarch 14, 2017
Mary Kay is an excellent example of a productive company which brings strangers together to creates life long friendships while also providing a secure employment.
good
CERTIFIED FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2017
a company that carried about there employee and offered great working conditions and offered incentives for workers lots of company activities and very informative about the company operations
Pros
benifits
Fulfilling Career
Independent Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCMarch 13, 2017
Mary Kay is a very fulfilling and exciting career. The sister consultants are supportive, positive and encouraging. Earning potential is unlimited, prizes are rewards are numerous, and goals are celebrated in fantastic and fun ways. It is the ultimate pink bubble that seems almost too good to be true.
Pros
Encouragement, free training, unlimited earning potential
Cons
Inventory is strongly reccomended
Okay
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 13, 2017
I like what the company stood for, how encouraging the other beauty consultants are. However, I struggled to sell anything because I am lousy at selling anything!
Pros
Free lectures, Flexible
Cons
No benefits
Empowering Women Made Fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 11, 2017
Teaching women how to love themselves in the skin they are in would never be so fun without Mary Kay. I loved every moment in my expierence with the company. There is always room to move forward and be even more successful in the company. And the fact that they offer cars as compensation is quite competitive to grab!!!
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
Long Trips, Investment
Good Experience for Selling
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GeorgiaMarch 10, 2017
I enjoyed being a beauty consultant for Mary Kay Cosmetics but never had the time to devote 100% of my time to it. If I had the time I'm sure it would have worked out much better for me but at the time I had another job and children.
Pros
Being your own boss.
Cons
Not having the time to dedicate to it.
Positive people and flexible schedule
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  self employed/Waterbury CTMarch 10, 2017
The support system is an amazing group of positive women who constantly encourage and motivate each other and genuinely want to see others succeed. And you set your own schedule which is perfect for me as a busy mom. I have extra income and have fun while I earn money making other women feel beautiful.
Great
Senior Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 5, 2017
I love Marykay as I get to enchance women from all kinds of lives to look beautiful both inside and out. I love Marykay products too
IT Governance Consultant - ServiceNow Admin (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 5, 2017
As a contractor at Mary Kay, they treat me very well. They value my work, opinion, and praise my performance. Its surprising how well they treat contractors because most companies stay detached or impersonal to contractors. As a contractor I only get Benefits from my recruiting company. From what i've noticed, Mary Kay provides excellent benefits. Tuition reimbursement, Generous PTO, and flex days. Also very good health benefits.

I personally think Mary Kay is a great company to work for. They have a great culture there and salaries are competitive compared to national and local markets.

As long as you don't mind dressing in shirt and tie or dresses and suits everyday, you may enjoy working here as much as I do.
Pros
Great benefits and great leadership
Cons
none that I can think of
Mary Kay Cosmetics
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 28, 2017
This is a fabulous company to work for! I love that it is family oriented and I can work and advance at a pace that works for my life. My profit it based on the amount of work I put into the business. and I love that I can work this business around my other life commitments.
Pros
free cars, 50% profit off of all sales, glamorous prizes and trips to earn, life long friends
Cons
I honestly can't think of anything
Great balance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2017
I've been a Consultant with Mary Kay for 9 years. I love the balance between Faith, Family, and Career. I love what I do but I don't want to sacrifice my family for it. I love that I can have it all.
Professional, Superior, and Fun
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vincent, OHFebruary 27, 2017
I've been working with as a MK Beauty Consultant for a good reason.....why change a good thing?! Professional Christian supportive Leadership, Superior Products, and Fun, enjoyable, no-pressure atmosphere! The UNLIMITED EARNING opportunity is just a perk!
Pros
Women supporting Women
Cons
changes in beauty industry
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2017
Working for the mayor's program taught me a lot because it was my first job. I worked in the office and as a mentor. It allowed me to learn more about different fields of work and with being my first job I began concentrating on my work ethics for future jobs.
Pros
Helping youth, learning more about the government
Cons
Part-time
Independent
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 21, 2017
I loved being able to set my own schedule. It was hard first starting out though because you have to build your network of people to buy from you regularly, which takes time.
Pros
Own schedule
Cons
Not always steady money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Kay Inc. Our community is ready to answer.