Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Fun, various locations to work from
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mount Holly, NCMay 21, 2015
Pros: great hours and people
Cons: none
Love to work with various people, set my own hours and locations. Love to work with people and make up. Set up my own displays and people that I work with.
amazing products, amazing women
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red Bluff, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Getting skin care and make up at whole sale price. Having a support team at ones disposal.
Cons: Recession impacted
I love being a Mary Kay consultant. I love their products and I love sharing them with new and old friends. A typical day with Mary Kay starts with pampering yourself with personal hygiene and a make over. Then your ready to hit the streets with samples of products. We use our samples to meet new clients and encourage and inspire them to book make over parties. As a successful beauty and skin care consultant afternoons and evenings are spent hosting makeover parties and attending Mary Kay work shops. Every day worked is a day spent having fun inspiring and being inspired by women.
Building your own business, growing at your own pace
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free training, great products for 50% off, constant support
Cons: Self motivating and challenging
* Networking and relationship building, learning about products and sharing information
* How to manage a team, how to develop and grow a business
* The most supportive, encouraging and empowering team of women I have ever met
* Continuing on my growth path and get finding the drive to do it
* Each time I make a woman smile buy showing her how beautiful she is inside and out
Director of Sales
Director of Sales (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAMay 14, 2015
I started my day with calls to my unit girls. Checked with each team member to make sure they were on track of all sales, any issues and concerns. Gave daily updates to challenge them to do better with sales, and personal growth. Prepared monthly newsletter for unit; shared achievements and accomplishments. Conducted weekly meeting in the house and offered time for facials and team bonding.

Prepared and honored team members to reach for the Mary Kay company goals. Encouraged all members to attend yearly awards banquet in Dallas, TX.

Enjoyed working with daily inspirational and faith-filled routines.
I love working with all types of people.
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Portage, MIMay 12, 2015
Pros: Love being around people.
Cons: I am going to need health Insurance.
I spend about 4 hour's daily in my office, otherwise I am on the road meeting with potential customer's. I have learned to manage my time better. I have always enjoyed communicating with various types of people. I am definitely a people person.
Mary Kay
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVMay 12, 2015
Pros: communication and social skills
Cons: time managment
A typical day at work consists of writing and recording customer receipts, socializing with customers about their beauty needs, mailing newsletters, and shipping customer orders. I keep track of all sales and expenses i make throught the day.
Having this job has taugth me valuable comunication skills and social interaction skills. How to make my own ads and manage my money.
I manage this as my own independent business.
The hardest part of this job is managing my time.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the constant interaction with others.
Diverse Culture
Sr.Protective Service Officer (Former Employee), Addison, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: none
Company has a diverse culture and different departments. All management is willing to assist and better oneself to advancement opportunities
Independent at my own pace
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Collins, MsMay 4, 2015
I plan meetings and parties to get people to buy the product, if a person puts it on there is a better chance the person will buy the product. I work at my own pace, and I wear the product so that I can better familiarize myself with what I am selling.
The hardest part of this job is that there are so many products, companies, and consultants to choose for so making them have to choose my product over any one else.
I love that it is a Christian organization.
Entrepreneurship at it's best
Independent Beauty Consultant/Sales Director (Current Employee), El Paso, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: You work from home
Cons: You work from home (you have to be disciplined)
Freedom
Faith first, Family second and Career third
Over 50 years of experience
Number #1 skin care line in the country
100% money back guarantee on the products
Advance at your own pace
Rewarded for the work you do with Cinderella prizes
Luxury 5 Star trips around the world
Confidence Builder
Fun and Knowledgeable workplace
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Summerville, SCApril 28, 2015
I absolutely love being a Mary Kay consultant. Being surrounded by positive woman has proven to be very healthy for me and my family. I manage myself and choose my own hours. I plan to continue this job but i am looking for a part time job as well, until my business takes off.
office assistant
Keller Williams Realty Office Assistant (Current Employee), AmarilloApril 27, 2015
enjoyed office work also helping others

office work

updating and processing contracts

love them each

enjoyed all of it

none of it

all of it including friends
Self employment, independent consultant, high percentage commission
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 27, 2015
Pros: Independent work, create your own hours, fun job culture
Cons: Pay is commission only
This profession gives you the tools to work your business as you see fit. There are no quotas to fill and no one to tell you what to do. However, there is much in the ways of training and guidance from fellow consultants and sales directors. Wonderful job culture. Pay is commission only.
Fun Job in Which I Made My Own Hours
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Cape Carteret, NCApril 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Did not make commission unless team members worked
As a Mary Kay Consultant, I was an independent contractor, so I am essentially in business for myself. My work consisted of strict scheduling, making customer service, followup, booking, and recruiting. I also held appointments both to sell the product and recruit new team members. At my most successful time, I had 20 ladies on my team, whose sales I earned commission on.
Mary Kay allows me to bring others up the career path with me.
Senior Sales Director (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: If you feel like you can, then you will be given the opportunity to try with alot of support to your success.
Cons: There really aren't any cons, because Mary Kay is based on what you are willing to invest of yourself.
A typical day for me is to make sure that all questions coming from my unit has been address before leaving my office. I have found that follow up is the biggest action required of me to keep the increases coming. I manage myself. I lead and train my team/co-workers by examples of what it take to be successful. The hardest part of my job is acknowledging that someone is giving up before they really try. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to pass my knowledge of the business to others and see them become successful.
Women Empowering Women Motivational Business
Independent Beauty Consultant/Business Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Pros: Faith / Family / Career Based, Schedule Setting, Time Managing, Prioritizing
Cons: Some of the meetings are out of town.
Interact and build rapport with new / prospective customers. Establishing personal / team goals. Go to work related meetings pertaining to marketing the product/interacting with customers. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to interact with diverse cultures and backgrounds presenting the product and creating rapport with them & their families
a great way to make extra money
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), IndianapolisApril 20, 2015
Pros: extra income
Cons: having to be pushy and pushy coworkers
If you have the time to invest and want to make Mary Kay your top priority and are able to have sales skills then this job is for you!
Self employed. Helping women to learn how to take care of their skin and learn makeup artistry
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Grass Valley, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible work Schedule
Cons: Work through the No's.
Network for clients. Hold Facial Parties with interested potential clients. Educate clients on how to chose the right skincare and makeup looks for themselves. Manage my Team and Train them how to be successful above all focus on Customer Service and Satisfaction.
Hardest part of the job is being able to work through the No's to get the Yes's.
Most Enjoyable part of the Job is being able to help someone build their confidence and see an improvement in their skin and overall ability to use makeup to enhance their features
Productive and exciting to promote Mary Kay business
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: discounts on products and receive gifts from mentor.
Cons: Slow start of getting a new business started.
I would always keep a full inventory of Mary Kay products at all times. I would keep an organized files of receipts and inventory sheets. I would set-up for Mary Kay parties and network with personnel to get more clients. Always show excellent customer service skills. I would always have short and long term goals to keep in mind. There's always a cheerful environment during any events and trainings that we had. Mary Kay business is a great enjoyment and will always be there in the future to keep enriching womens lives all over the world.
A nurturing, positive culture where a woman can advance at her own pace and never be fired.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: The best self esteem/confidence building experience, career advancement, earn the use of a free car, the potential to earn lots of fast cash with integrity, great home based business legitimate tax write offs, weekly training as your'e in business for yourself but not by yourself and I love being the BOSS.
Cons: You must be self motivated as there is no automatic check on Friday; "If it's to be, it's up to me!"
Becoming an Independent Consultant with Mary Kay is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have the opportunity to set my own schedule, to earn what I believe I am worth and to promote myself when I'm ready. I am my own boss!

I started my Mary Kay business to get my products at cost and to make extra cash and have stayed because of the great friends I have made in addition to my original goals.

I thank God everyday for Mary Kay and her visionary company affording millions of women around the world to realize their dreams without compromising their integrity.
Pushy
Sales | Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Gloucester, VaApril 6, 2015
Not all of the members of Mary Kay are pushy, but a lot are. Not just with the customers, either, but with new members. They would say that they are being encouraging, but really, they are shoving their product. The product itself is awesome, and does not need to be pushed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay, Inc. is a privately owned direct sales company that sells cosmetics products directly to consumers. According to Direct – Read more

Mary Kay Inc Salaries