Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,221 reviews matching the search
Self starter business
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2017
You are in complete control of your self owned business. Being around good people to learn and complete sales is the goal. The number is infinite if you invest the time and have the people.
No people, no money. Dead end business if you don't have enough clients.
Pros
fun, you determine how much you make
Cons
if you do not know enough people that still use MK then the odds are less likely in your favor
though some are successful many are not
Entrepreneur (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2017
I love their skincare products and I believe they work great not a fan of the cosmetics or perfumes. Directors want you to be in leadership quick but really do not train on the business aspects of maintaining a pace.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
you are on your own
loved it.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2017
I loved it. You work when you want to. the people were nice and very helpful concern start-up. the hardest part of the job was building clientele. I learned how to be a self starter.
Excellent company!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 21, 2017
Mary Kay is an opportunity unmatched in sales. You work with people in a nice environment. You learn people skills and time management. To be successful in Mary Kay you must be discliplined and self motivated.
eh
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 20, 2017
selling mary kay would be better if they taught you better on how to sell. and how to buy all your inventory cheap so you can make more bang to the buck.
Pros
you work with makeup
Cons
dont y
Great
Independent Mary Kay Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKJune 19, 2017
I was the independent owner of my Mary Kay business. What would any logical person say about there own business other than it was great. Again, this is silly
You are your own boss
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 17, 2017
Requires a lot of self-confidence and self-advocacy. Need to be able to put yourself out there and gain clients by yourself. Gives you a lot of sales opportunities and extra gifts other than pay.
Pros
Amazing Benefits
Cons
Buying own stock, gaining and keeping own clients
Wonderful Company
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 17, 2017
The company provides independent growth per individual effort. The earning potential is based on the performance of the individual, it is more an individual choice rather than company decision.
Business you do at your own pace
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALJune 16, 2017
Mary Kay cosmetics is a job for those who are ready to get their communication skills a workout. You meet very interesting people. And never know what the new day will bring.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Slow seasons. Don't really make much money
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 15, 2017
Clean, Organize, Take phone calls, Help out customer, help the Manager with anything that they need. Always try to do your best. Organize files. Keeping everything organized
Scary culture
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 15, 2017
When you hear about corporate culture, stop after the first four letters of the second word. These people take the pink mindset seriously. The reposesed pink cadallacs in the garage are pretty scary also.
Pros
great location
Cons
strict lunch hours
Fun work experience with flexibility
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIJune 14, 2017
This job was based on personal choices, and how much time and effort you wanted to and could put into this company. Some people pursued it as a full-time position, but most, like me, did it as a side job to earn some extra money, and enjoy the many perks of the company. The hardest part was reaching out to new customers, and dealing with lots of rejection, but that made those clients who said yes so much more rewarding.
Pros
Discounts on products, prizes for reaching certain sales levels
Cons
No healthcare, can be difficult to break into the market
Great company to be associated with.
Indpendent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIJune 14, 2017
Mary Kay has a great compensation plan and is very focused on building confident people. It offers many opportunities for those willing to work for it.
Great for women
Independent Consultant (full time position) (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 14, 2017
If you want a job that is completely dependent on your effort, this is the job for you. Must be self motivated, self encouraging, and self forgiving. If you have a love for people, particularly women and want to help each women feel beautiful and confident, this is what is needed to be successful. That and a willingness to learn. The company has great leaders in the directors who are to help you every step of the way, from finding ways to find new clients to ordering, to managing your money.
Amazing company to work for.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 13, 2017
Mary Kay is an amazing company to work for for several reasons. You get to be your own boss and set your own hours. You can make as little or as much money as you want. You can advance up the career path at your own pace. You have the opportunity to earn the use of a free company car. And Mary Kay is the highest paying commissions in direct sales making 50% of every item sold.
Mary Kay
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
Excellent company. Gives a lot of freedom to work from home if you work it the correct way. The products are exceptional. I have used then since I was 19
Great life experience
Independent Skincare & Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 12, 2017
This is an excellent company if you have the drive, time and money to invest. I liked working for Mary Kay but I found it hard to balance my home life and my other job. You have to have money to make money in this type of job. I however did not have enough to keep investing in more products.
Great experience working here.
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 10, 2017
Worked here as an intern. Very supportive and understanding of school and responsibilities that come with it. Everyone was respectful of everyone else.
Pros
Great work culture. Beautiful building to work in. (Headquarters)
Cons
Training was unstructured. You are kind of on your own.
A wonderful company for women. You set your own hours and can earn as much as you want to.
BEAUTY ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2017
I loved working at Mary Kay. I enjoyed the freedom to set my own hours, and there were no ceilings on what I could earn. My Director was helpful and always there for me when I needed assistance. The sisterhood is good, and the products are great!
Pros
Good hours, job creativity
Very Supportive
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 8, 2017
This company has a great foundation.They help and strive you to succeed in the business. It is a hard job but you have to be commit ed to it. Work when you want

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Kay Inc. Our community is ready to answer.