Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc Employer Reviews

Good Work Enviornment
Brand Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Addison, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Mary Kay is a great company to work for. They take pride in their work. Proud to have been part of their company.
fun, i love meeting new people
Image Consultant/Corporate gifting (Current Employee), Dothan, ALJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: making people beautiful and feel beautiful
Cons: cancelled appointments
A typical day would involve assessing individual skin care and makeup need and providing customers with products to fit their needs. Answering calls, email, and website orders. delivering products as needed and answering questions of workers and customers. Keeping up with inventory is also a vital part of what I do
Life changing
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), NY, NYJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: everything!!
Cons: being your own boss takes discipline
Must be self-motivated and believe in yourself. Amazing company. Great support, unlimited potential
fun independent work where you work on your time
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 15, 2015
Hosted cosmetic parties and had fun doing makeovers. Had to sometimes teach step by step on how to do make-up and facial treatments. I had to entertain ladies, keep it interesting and about them, convince them that they are beautiful and deserved it.
If you dedicate all your time you can make millions
INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: own schedule, no requirements to meet but your own
Cons: need tons of self motivation
Make your own hours, the harder you work the more leads you get. Management is always helpful, you develop great business skills and confidence in yourself!
You work independently so it can be hard
Hardest part is motivating your self and pushing through other peoples walls and boundaries.
Most enjoyable is when you sell anything!
Easy, fun, and enjoyable
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Midland, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: setting my own hours, set my own income, new friends
Cons: not having customers order at parties
I set my own hours, sell as much as I want and earn as much as I want. I am able to teach others about skin care and still work other jobs and go to school. Products sell themselves once he/she tries the products. Everyone with skin is a potential customer, and I am a walking billboard!
Great environment, amazing employees
Brand Development Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2015
I gained a great deal of real world experiences while Interning with Mary Kay for 2 summers. I was able to experience corporate culture and what it is like to work for a large, global company. I learned skills in Branding, marketing, business development and processing. I assisted members of the brand development team on various projects both in the concept phase and products that will be going to market in the near future. I received so much support from everyone I worked with, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Fantastic company with amazing people that made me enthusiastic about the branding/marketing world.
Great faithful women
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Love it! Great opportunities to build relationships. If you love skincare and makeup, this is the company for you.
Fun Environment
TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Addison, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: takes time out of work
Cons: takes time out of work
I would welcome Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants and Directors to our corporate office by cheering with pom-poms. I learned that Mary Kay, Inc. takes good care of the Independent Sales Consultants.
Lots of fun and you meet great ladies!!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Lakewood, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Mary Kay is a wonderful company that gives you the skills to succeed in business.
Great job
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), stockbridge, gaDecember 31, 2014
• Assist in inventory, Stocking, Labeling, taking orders, Delivery
• Increased sales in first six months by 12%
Production worker
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2014
The place is a good place to work. there is a lot of standing on your feet. There is room to advance to other levels.
My love for Mary Kay
INDEPENDENT BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee), South Holland, ILDecember 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: people not wanting to help out
Mary Kay, Inc has been in my live since I was a child and I love how it helps with communication skills. It helps with improvement as well. The work was confusing at first but watching a DVD on how to work and then going out to other people's houses who are willing to help you help or join is a great experience. My supervisor has been a great help and a great person to go to for help. The hardest part of the job is finding people who are actually willing to let you do their make-up and hand treatments but it did get easier.
You set your hours
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Mt. Blanchard OhioDecember 16, 2014
With Mary Kay your success depends on you and how much you want to work. You set your hours and decide how much you get paid by how much you work and try.
Being my own boss I bring fun and energy with me to each skin care and color classes
Senior Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2014
Pros: own boss, flexible, paid on the spot, ability to move fast up the career ladder
Cons: not always guaranteed to make money at a class
meeting new people everyday, teaching woman the importance of taking care of your face with the right products to ensure long healthier looking skin using products that have anti aging. I work alone but I'm apart of a huge team of woman, who work individually but meet weekly to give insights, tips, and ideas to better your business. Hardest part of the job varies with each person for me because we are a direct sales company and not commercially advertised getting out and meeting the people we call leads to have a class with me, whether skin care or color. The most enjoyable part of this job, comes from meeting new people, changing their lives but in enriching them with knowledge as to aging, because knowledge is power,
Perfect for Stay at Home Moms
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Ponchatoula, LADecember 3, 2014
Pros: all on your own time
Cons: its hard to build a clientel
Perfect job for anyone who stays home and wants a little something to do to earn some extra money.
You basically are your own boss, you control your work hours and days.
You schedule and book your own events and parties.
Mary Kay is also filled with lots of loving women and great people to look up to for inspiration to help you grown your own Mary Kay buisness!
Love working my business, teaching womens
Sales Director (Current Employee), Guayama, Puerto RicoNovember 29, 2014
Call customers for appointment, deliver products.
Organize paperwork.
Get referrals for new customers.ect.
I have learned a lot on people's management, Skincare and makeup.
Since I like working with people, I love working with my sisters co_workers.
The most enjoyable part is changing women's lives by helping them feeling good about themselves.
Nice at home job
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville NCNovember 26, 2014
Pros: working from home easy way to make money if you knew people
Cons: finding new clients
Typical day:
ordering inventory
placing orders
finding new clients/meeting with current clients

Learned:
better time management skills

Management:
my own boss essentially

Co-Workers
fun, but rarely saw besides meetings/conventions

Hardest part:
finding new clients because the area in which I lived there were a lot of Mary Kay consultants or people already had a consultant

Most enjoyable part:
working from home
easy way to make money if you knew people
Interacting with people skills
Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2014
Pros: crew member pizza
Cons: cannot eat expired foods becomes waste
Greeting customers at my job with a smile and energy. My job consist of fast past duties, including dealing with money and food. Working with co-workers can be a task at times. But some how I continue to stay focus and do my job as an employee. I will have to say the hardest part at my job, is when we have new hire that has to be trained so at that point it becomes a slow past process. Talking with different people and encountering different personalities. Some are happy when they come in to establishment.
Mary Kay
Consultant (Former Employee), Sacramento and BakersfireldNovember 20, 2014
i learned a lot of things having my own business and how to treat customers with respect and always listen to the customers needs and be creative working always have ideas getting a project done on time work with your team enjoyed working with Mary Kay learned a lot about the skin and knowing a lot about having my own business being on top of things organized

1 2 3 4 5

About Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay, Inc. is a privately owned direct sales company that sells cosmetics products directly to consumers. According to Direct – Read more