Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews in United States

This was a very productive employment opportunity. Plenty of Consultant and Manager Continued education workshops.
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NJJune 29, 2016
Overall Mary Kay Inc. offers flexible hours for any situation. Products are excellent and backed 100% by the company.

Great company benefits, great income potential and the FREE car and paid insurance ( at management levels) is a welcomed plus.

A Fortune 500 Company I was proud to work for. !!!
Pros
Tax write offs, great products, continued support from other employees.
Cons
No cons for Mary Kay Inc.
Make your own hours
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 29, 2016
Make your own hours
Set your own appointments
Sell to whom you want
Great pay
Go to meetings with people who support you
Get a free car
Sales position where the higher you go the more your focus turns to team building rather than selling the actual product.
Senior Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 26, 2016
Mary Kay is a great opportunity however make sure that you are actually selling the product; not just continuously ordering more inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was watching women find a confidence within themselves that they never knew they had. The hardest part was having to motivate others. You can only lead a horse to water.
Pros
Prizes, income potential, friends
Cons
commission based, pressure from upline.
Believing in your products that you sell.
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2016
The best company to work for. Every easy to sell but you have to love on what you are doing and believing. It does happen. You can make lots of money and also it is hard work too.. I became director for the company within my first six months with the company. That was work.
Pros
working from home
Cons
nothing negative - lots of hours at the beginning of your busy and controlling your money
Who doesn't like a job that you can party as much as you want?
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moundville, ALJune 23, 2016
Able to work your own hours! Enriching women's lives with amazing the Mary Kay legacy. Your always meeting new people. Great company rewards program!
Pros
Being your own boss! Tons of business recognition!
I am my own boss and make my own hours and business decisions
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 22, 2016
I typically give free makeovers so women can try our products

I learned how to be responsible as a business owner

Management is great (I am my own boss)

I have no co-workers. Everyone runs their own business but my FRIENDS who also sell Mary Kay are amazing women.

My "job" is very laid back and since I control how my business runs, there really isn't anything hard about it

I love meeting new women. I love getting to know them and hearing their stories. Each person is unique and it's interesting to see how.
Pros
I'm my own boss
A Great Place to Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 21, 2016
Fun, Fast Paced and Upbeat!
You choose your strategic partners, your mentors and your core team. This means you get to pick the skill sets, talents and personalities you want to work with. You are in full control and you call all the shots.
Pros
Be your own Boss
Cons
Commission Based
productive
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2016
There is always something to do & there is always someone out in the world looking to find their inner beauty. A typical day at work for me is going out to a busy area looking for someone that could be interested in the product I'm selling. I manage my own business. The only hard part of the job is when you lose a customer because they feel like they found a better product to use. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to wake up whatever time you want to & work how ever many days you want too.
Unpredictable and fun
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 13, 2016
An at home independent business that you really have to work hard at and make time for to become successful. The hardest part of the job is maintaining balance of business and family life. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to weekly meetings and being celebrated for your accomplishments.
A great place to start your Independant Beauty Career
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Addison, TX 75001June 11, 2016
Mary Kay gives you training and opportunity to learn and grow your business. The hardest part of this is to invest money to keep your business going. No co workers just team members.
A typical day is calling up clients you have serviced looking for a rebook. The most enjoyable part of my work is to make people feel good and help them find the beauty that is unique inside of themselves. Management or Directors are skilled to motivate you to want to be a high achiever.
Pros
working hard to succeed in the beauty business
Cons
money to invest into your business to keep it going.
Motivational environment where we empower women to reach their potential
Senior Sales Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2016
A typical day at work would start with preparing my agenda for the day. The first thing in my agenda tends to be to call all my key consultants and follow-up in their progress. Once the updates are done, I proceed with booking calls, where I give myself a goal of the day. This process can take as short as an hour or up to three hours, depending on my goal. After booking calls I usually go have lunch with my family or friends. The rest of my day consists of replying back to people that are scheduling appointments or checking in with my key customers on their favorite products. All of this is done on my phone, so I can multi-task and do my personal errands at the same time.

There are many things that one learns in a Mary Kay business, besides the details or funning your own independent business; you learn to money and time manage; how to address issues with customers or consultants in a professional manner; how to build a team and empower them; how to lead a team and be an example; and how to think like an entrepreneur.

Once a consultant realizes that their future with Mary Kay is bigger than they expected, they have the choice to promote themselves to higher positions such as Star Team Builders, Team Leaders or join the 2% of the company as a Sales Director. All the training and coaching will be given depending on each level. Because it is a self-promotion, many people have enjoyed the support of the other Sales Directors and National Sales Directors. Everyone treats each other like family.

I believe the hardest part of the job is the mental part. The skills and information
  more... are all learned eventually, but the training of your beliefs and self-growth is done inwards. It takes affirmations, motivational articles and books, and new habits to build a strong mind set.

I loved and love everything about this position because it has given me the confidence to face everything. The sisterhood and family environment aids in the consistent and unconditional support for this company.
Pros
Free training, self-promotions, no quotas, tax-deductables, flexible hours and freedom.
Cons
Consultants don't take business seriously and quit early.
Great Experience.
Babysitting (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 9, 2016
Got to work on my time. Meet new people with good character an personalities and got honesty back . Got good customers. helped work a lot with personality and good customer service
Pros
it was at my own time
Cons
Not getting customers as planned
fun workplace
Direct Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MNJune 8, 2016
makeup!!! makeup!!!! makeup!!!!!!!!!! What can be more fun to do? Using a color chat, changing women images, lifting up somebody's self-esteem, giving a hope via beauty gave me the joy and happiness every day.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
finding potential clients every day
interaction with customers
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2016
I learned how to take phone calls, put in orders for the customers. We would go out and upsale our products, and do holiday baskets to sale.
Great company to work for
Independent Senior Cadillac Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2016
Great company to work for if you are a self starter. You work for yourself as a consultant/ director but not by yourself. You will need to have a strong background in sales and recruiting if you want to move up fast.
Pros
self managed
MaryKay is awesome!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 2, 2016
Being an Independent Beauty Consultant through MaryKay is so fun! Its being in a business for yourself but the company is constantly finding new ways to support you!
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
You get paid by what you sell
Helpful and fun advancement
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Harlem, GAMay 31, 2016
Work at your own pace, have learned how to manage my own business, hardest part was learning self discipline, love that advancement is easy and rewarding.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 30, 2016
Learned basics on makeup consulting. Inventory stocking. How to manage and produce successful events to draw more customers.
Fantastic Direct Sale Company
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 27, 2016
Typical Day: you make your own schedule to include activities such as: phone calls, classes, training, fairs, and more.

Management: work on a team with your recruiter and director as much or as little as needed.

Co-workers: wide variety of people are apart of Mary Kay, there are always great people to befriend in your unit.

Hardest Part of Job: you only get results when you put in the effort, it can be easy to get discouraged.

Most Enjoyable Part of Job: working with a product I trust and love, having fun with friends, running my business the way I want.
Pros
Training, Resources, Income Opportunity, Incentives
Fabulous Product, Fun meeting positive professionals
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2016
Mary Kay has proven to be a wonderful way to earn income in between jobs or as a full time career. I have use the product and I believe in it. Management opportunities are received and the training is ongoing and available to whoever wants it. Mary Kay Cosmetics has a reputation for producing upscale professionals who care about their appearance and represent the company with dignity and sophistication.
Pros
You can work at a pace that is comfortable for you.
Cons
I can't think of any

4.4