Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,084 reviews matching the search
Work on your own schedule
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Working as an independent consultant. This is harder to do than you would think. Working from home is fantastic, Selling makeup was the hardest part and most enjoyable was being home.
Good advancement opportunity
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 22, 2017
Work at your own pace. You are the determining factor to your success. Fun & empowering. For some people not having a boss is a great thing. For others they need the manager.
Pros
NO Boss
Cons
No Boss
At home, working mom
assistant (Former Employee) –  New Lebanon, OHJanuary 19, 2017
At the time I was a Junior in high school with no prior job experience. The job was simply offering assistance to an at home who worked for the Mary K company and helped me get a foot in the door for working at a real job.
Self employeed
Business owner (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 19, 2017
Working from home is a great thing. Be your own boss and plan life without headache. Be your own boss is a great idea. Mary Kay is a home based business.
Very rewarding
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 18, 2017
BEST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD!!! The schedule is perfect and the benefits are even better. Make-up and girl time. Awesome prizes when you work hard. Great experience for working outside the home as well.
Pros
All the make-up you could ever want
Senior Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2017
A great home based business where you make your own hours and you decide how much or how little you want to do. Earn 50% of what you sell.
Great company to work for!
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VAJanuary 17, 2017
I believe that the typical work day is perfect, and the company is great about working with my schedule, because I make my own schedule. I am my own boss.
Freedom and Flexibility
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I love my Mary Kay business, it is a wonderful feeling when you can make someones day by showing them a fun time and making them feel better about themselves. I also love the freedom and flexibility the schedule offers however, I do not work with people everyday and I do miss the daily interaction with co-workers.
Pros
Flexibly Scheulde
Cons
No benefits or 401k
Productive, fun, and flexable
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 13, 2017
I spend two hours with a group of women and we have tons of fun, I teach them skin care and glamore techniques, and if they fall in love with something they can order it from me and I will get it to them.
Pros
Fun, no pressure, you are your own business owner.
Cons
It's an investment
Good place to work if you like direct sales
ADVANCED INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  AnywhereJanuary 13, 2017
I love the Mary Kay products. However, you are told that you do not have to be a sales person just a normal everyday busy woman. This is the furthest thing from the truth. In reality, the recruiters (DIQ, Directors etc) expect and demand that you purchase a minimum of $600 of product when you first sign up, then you are required to sell a minimum of $250 every week (once a month to keep the discount, weekly to keep them from calling you continuously and tell you that you need to sell more). They do not care if it has to come out of your own pocket. It is not about making women feel beautiful or teaching skin care, it is about forcing the sale. You are made to feel that if you do not have a "full store" of products at all times and selling from the catalogue rather than your "shelves" that you are not doing enough.

However, the recognition prizes do make you feel like you are cherished. But you have to be overly aggressive to get that recognition.

I would only recommend this job to someone that absolutely loves door to door sales. And forget about your family and friends buying from you.
Pros
50% discount on products every month that you spend $250
Cons
Cost, rude and aggressive directors
Interesting work place
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
The work schedule was much more flexible than that of macys which is expected because macys was a fukl time job for me. Mary Kay has been around for a very long time and clientele was easy because it has loyal customers
Pros
Free makeup
Cons
No health care
Fun and positive environment.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2017
This is truly the company to be in. You get to grow as a person and earn recognition for your hard work. I love the people that I work with, including the staff (none consultants)
Pros
recognition, money, cars
Cons
nothing
Great extra income
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barnard, MOJanuary 12, 2017
Is a great additional income for those willing to work the business; cosmetics sales are not for everyone but it is a consumable product with loyal clients
Making woman look beautiful
Counsultant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJanuary 11, 2017
Over all taught skin care and how to put makeup on so they looked beautiful. I was my own boss and had a team that worked under me. The schedule could be very heaktic.
Pros
teaching beauty tips
Cons
there really wasn't any
Independent working
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAJanuary 11, 2017
There are no benefits to this job it is Semi considered an Independent Company per person. So you are responsible for your own benefits needed. Is flexible to do and it is up to you how much you make as an annual income.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits
mary kay position review
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2017
great company with christian values. Very demanding pace. Very goal oriented. Some travel is a plus to grow your territory. Ability to work from home is great especially for mothers
Great Company
Supervisor Carloze (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Great Company to work for, this company has been around for awhile and continue to grow in today's world. I would work for them again just to learn more
Mary Kay
Assistant Beauty Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mount Sinai, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I was in High School when I was helping out managing the inventory: organizing and recording low stock levels.

I learned how to be very organized.

Management was great, never anything to complain about. I loved working for Mary Kay.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Wonderful place and people to work with.The environment was great and they took great care of employees.The benefits and health care was awesome.Even the incentive were just as great
Pros
Great incentive
Cons
A great company to work with!
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 8, 2017
You do have to be self motivated but they are always there to help when need it. it feels like a sisterhood. if you invest yourself in it you can go far!
Pros
a company that believes family is first
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Kay Inc. Our community is ready to answer.