Mary Kay Inc Employee Review

View all Mary Kay Inc reviews

A great company to grow in and make as much as you want to.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 25, 2014
A typical day of work is what every you make it to be, you can do 1 makeover to 24 its all up to you. That is up to the person how they want to run their business, as a hobby or a business. Your up-line is always there for you. Giving up when you have a bad week, Making as money as you want to make.

Other Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Amazing place to develop so many skills and personal development.
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 19, 2018
I left my years with Mary Kay. As with any job there are some bad apples but they were mostly great apples in this Orchard. I have come from a career in therapy and was looking truly for a business opportunity. I was not much into makeup I was definitely into income, advancement, and flexibility due to the fact that I had three boys. I Advanced quickly in this business and even though yes there was some pressure to advance it was definitely on my own time and on my own schedule. This company is not for everyone but there are a lot of different levels that you can be in this company. My overall experience with Mary Kay it was so incredible and it gave me the type of skills for so many other jobs and life circumstances that I can never be thankful enough for. Not only job skills but also people skills and life skills. The friendships and kindness I got from my sister directors and Consultants have been unmatched in this world.
Great environment and company, difficult if you are not doing it full time.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 18, 2018
I decided to give Mary Kay a try knowing that it would be difficult. Being a young woman, it was tough to find women who were very interested in purchasing the products who could afford to do so because many of them were my age and college student. It was difficult driving an hour or so on average to and from each client's house using my gas to not have many successful sales that made it worth it. I would potentially go back to this at some point in the future but not while I am surrounded by too many women at this age.
Pros
Supportive company, close bonds between unit members (like co-workers), upward growth within the company.
Cons
Very challenging, not very worth it at this age (early 20s).