Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc United States Employee Reviews

Entrepreneurship at it's best
Independent Beauty Consultant/Sales Director (Current Employee), El Paso, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: You work from home
Cons: You work from home (you have to be disciplined)
Freedom
Faith first, Family second and Career third
Over 50 years of experience
Number #1 skin care line in the country
100% money back guarantee on the products
Advance at your own pace
Rewarded for the work you do with Cinderella prizes
Luxury 5 Star trips around the world
Confidence Builder
Fun and Knowledgeable workplace
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Summerville, SCApril 28, 2015
I absolutely love being a Mary Kay consultant. Being surrounded by positive woman has proven to be very healthy for me and my family. I manage myself and choose my own hours. I plan to continue this job but i am looking for a part time job as well, until my business takes off.
office assistant
Keller Williams Realty Office Assistant (Current Employee), AmarilloApril 27, 2015
enjoyed office work also helping others

office work

updating and processing contracts

love them each

enjoyed all of it

none of it

all of it including friends
Self employment, independent consultant, high percentage commission
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 27, 2015
Pros: Independent work, create your own hours, fun job culture
Cons: Pay is commission only
This profession gives you the tools to work your business as you see fit. There are no quotas to fill and no one to tell you what to do. However, there is much in the ways of training and guidance from fellow consultants and sales directors. Wonderful job culture. Pay is commission only.
Fun Job in Which I Made My Own Hours
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Cape Carteret, NCApril 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Did not make commission unless team members worked
As a Mary Kay Consultant, I was an independent contractor, so I am essentially in business for myself. My work consisted of strict scheduling, making customer service, followup, booking, and recruiting. I also held appointments both to sell the product and recruit new team members. At my most successful time, I had 20 ladies on my team, whose sales I earned commission on.
Mary Kay allows me to bring others up the career path with me.
Senior Sales Director (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: If you feel like you can, then you will be given the opportunity to try with alot of support to your success.
Cons: There really aren't any cons, because Mary Kay is based on what you are willing to invest of yourself.
A typical day for me is to make sure that all questions coming from my unit has been address before leaving my office. I have found that follow up is the biggest action required of me to keep the increases coming. I manage myself. I lead and train my team/co-workers by examples of what it take to be successful. The hardest part of my job is acknowledging that someone is giving up before they really try. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to pass my knowledge of the business to others and see them become successful.
Women Empowering Women Motivational Business
Independent Beauty Consultant/Business Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Pros: Faith / Family / Career Based, Schedule Setting, Time Managing, Prioritizing
Cons: Some of the meetings are out of town.
Interact and build rapport with new / prospective customers. Establishing personal / team goals. Go to work related meetings pertaining to marketing the product/interacting with customers. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to interact with diverse cultures and backgrounds presenting the product and creating rapport with them & their families
a great way to make extra money
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), IndianapolisApril 20, 2015
Pros: extra income
Cons: having to be pushy and pushy coworkers
If you have the time to invest and want to make Mary Kay your top priority and are able to have sales skills then this job is for you!
Self employed. Helping women to learn how to take care of their skin and learn makeup artistry
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Grass Valley, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible work Schedule
Cons: Work through the No's.
Network for clients. Hold Facial Parties with interested potential clients. Educate clients on how to chose the right skincare and makeup looks for themselves. Manage my Team and Train them how to be successful above all focus on Customer Service and Satisfaction.
Hardest part of the job is being able to work through the No's to get the Yes's.
Most Enjoyable part of the Job is being able to help someone build their confidence and see an improvement in their skin and overall ability to use makeup to enhance their features
Productive and exciting to promote Mary Kay business
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: discounts on products and receive gifts from mentor.
Cons: Slow start of getting a new business started.
I would always keep a full inventory of Mary Kay products at all times. I would keep an organized files of receipts and inventory sheets. I would set-up for Mary Kay parties and network with personnel to get more clients. Always show excellent customer service skills. I would always have short and long term goals to keep in mind. There's always a cheerful environment during any events and trainings that we had. Mary Kay business is a great enjoyment and will always be there in the future to keep enriching womens lives all over the world.
A nurturing, positive culture where a woman can advance at her own pace and never be fired.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: The best self esteem/confidence building experience, career advancement, earn the use of a free car, the potential to earn lots of fast cash with integrity, great home based business legitimate tax write offs, weekly training as your'e in business for yourself but not by yourself and I love being the BOSS.
Cons: You must be self motivated as there is no automatic check on Friday; "If it's to be, it's up to me!"
Becoming an Independent Consultant with Mary Kay is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have the opportunity to set my own schedule, to earn what I believe I am worth and to promote myself when I'm ready. I am my own boss!

I started my Mary Kay business to get my products at cost and to make extra cash and have stayed because of the great friends I have made in addition to my original goals.

I thank God everyday for Mary Kay and her visionary company affording millions of women around the world to realize their dreams without compromising their integrity.
Pushy
Sales | Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Gloucester, VaApril 6, 2015
Not all of the members of Mary Kay are pushy, but a lot are. Not just with the customers, either, but with new members. They would say that they are being encouraging, but really, they are shoving their product. The product itself is awesome, and does not need to be pushed.
Work at your own pace
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Palm City, FLApril 4, 2015
Pros: lots of free giveaways, meeting new people
Cons: Not a set amount of money each week.
Keeping daily spreadsheet of what was sold, and what is in inventory. Answering phone calls regarding product descriptions. Gaining new clientele through other clients.
The hardest part of this job, is putting yourself out there to get your clients.
The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to stay home with my children.
Enjoyable and fun self employment opportunity
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
Was able to make my own hours and make 50% of my sales. Learned to run my own business including managing finance, purchases, sales, keeping a stock of merchandise available, and helping others. Co-workers were always pleasant to work with. Everyone was always motivating and positive. Perks included winning various prizes for high sales. Was occasionally difficult to convince people to throw parties for sales. Once parties were thrown product sold itself so no need for unsavory pressured sales.
Educational, productive, and fun company
❸ Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Love checks from the company
Mary Kay Cosmetics has provided me with an open schedule and allows me to work from home. The company has provided myself with a great opportunity of entrepreneurship, which has taught me how to run and operate my own business. The most enjoyable part is that I am my own manager and schedule my own hours. The hardest part of my job is having to do my own taxes. Keeping inventory has been successful.
The work is fast pace and management expectation of the time work should be done is unrealistic.
Order Filler (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 19, 2015
Over all the do try to take care of the employee's the insurance is good as well as the 401k. They do some volunteer work were you get to bring friends and family and you do get a nice discount on cosmetics
exciting company to work with
Mobile/Event stylist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2015
I love the products they offer. I like that you can work from home and set your own schedule. All the associates that I have met are helpful and inspiring.
I was in control of my life
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Elgin, SCMarch 17, 2015
I choose my schedule and spend time with my family. My pay depended on how much time and effort I put into my business. It went hand-in-hand with my work as a cosmetologist.
Too Much of a Pyramid Scheme
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Kokomo, INMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Good Products
Cons: No real security
The company pushes you to pre order products, and schedule shows for pittance rewards. Directors are trained to make you feel like you aren't doing enough.
Self Employed
Direct sales/Future Director (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYMarch 11, 2015
amazing group of some. always meeting new people and learning how to deal with different situations. Amazing for personal growth and confidence!

1 2 3 4 5

About Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay, Inc. is a privately owned direct sales company that sells cosmetics products directly to consumers. According to Direct – Read more

Mary Kay Inc Salaries