Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews in United States

productive and fun
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILJuly 20, 2016
I enjoy helping others look and feel their very best.You can set your own schedule and the sister hood is beautiful.the team taught me how to run a business.how to stay positive and secure clients.the fun part of the day is giving the product demonstrations.the hardest part getting through traffic
Pros
try before you buy
Cons
every ones skin type is different you are what you eat
Excellent Advancement
Independant Beauty Consultant-Pampering (Current Employee) –  New York StateJuly 19, 2016
Excellent Advancement,work around my busy schedule,make my own schedule. Drive a car that is payed for by my company. Extra income.
Pros
room for advancement at my own pace
great products
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJuly 17, 2016
you will use the products, but the sales and what you make is up to you, what you put into this company is what you get out, very hard work but worth the pay
Beautiful people with Beautiful standards
Makeup Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 16, 2016
Beautiful people with beautiful standards in both workmanship and customer satisfaction. Each makeup consultant is qualified at giving advice, supplying customers with the best cosmetics for their skin type, as well as giving service with a smile.
Pros
Confidence in oneself
Cons
...nothing I can think of
Productive and making money daily while making customers beautiful and happy
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 12, 2016
I called customers to check customer service. Everyone respects the products outcome. I am self employed. The hardest part of the job is customers conflicting schedules. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers smiling after using the products and happy of the outcomes of the products.
Pros
Getting paid daily
Cons
customers not having enough money for the products
I could sell mary kay anywhere
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 9, 2016
When every I wanted money I just sold an item and had cash in my pocket. It was a good job cause I didn't have to work at a certain time.
Inviting Enviroment
Personal Assistant/Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 8, 2016
I loved the core values set in the business and the focus on team building and women empowerment. The career is very flexible and rewarding. This business helped me to develop my sales skills and styling expertise. I loved recruiting, event planning, and other business aspects taught in the company.
Pros
Flexible hours, team building, customer services, one-on-one consultation
Cons
The start-up expenses of starting your own personal business
Productive and fun workplace
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2016
Secretary, friendly personality, working with public,I learned sale products, introduced to people.I like be involved with people the information can help,,my sister in the business are so nicely persons.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Director with no consideration
Productive and fun work place
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part besides signing your own check is meeting different cultures and not a boring routine.
I have learned how to interact with different types of personalities and continuous training keeps you well updated with new products and information to keep clients well informed and instructed.
hardest part of the job has been the cold booking of new customers
Pros
apreciation for your work, career car, gifts, trips
Cons
cold booking
Fun atmosphere filled with growing in the career path
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 6, 2016
Book
sell
recruit
Customer relations
Hire
train new Consultants
Learned discipline in meeting company goals
Team Building
Team Conference Calls
Pros
Recognition, prizes!
Cons
No cons
Jobs are FUN?
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 1, 2016
Although I have only been an IBC since December 2015, I absolutely love what this company stands for: Faith first, Family second, Career third. I have grown not only as a business woman but also as a mother, wife, daughter, and sister. The people you meet in your journey to empower women will surprise you, as they are all astonishingly positive and make you feel like a billion-dollars after every chat you have. The most enjoyable place I have ever "worked," but is it even considered work when you're having SO much fun?
Pros
Flexible hours, positive atmosphere, inspiration from corporate and other MK consultants
Best Company ever!!!
Independent Sales Director & Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNJune 29, 2016
Mary Kay cosmetics is hands down the most excellent company I have ever had the pleasure of working with!! This opportunity found me as I was graduating college, and I never thought that I would work in a field predominantly of women, or with cosmetics & skincare. Little did I know that it was SO much more than that, and it has been one of the biggest blessings for me and my family!!

MKC has taught me all about product management & demonstration, accounts receivable & payable, customer service, computer skills, product sales and marketing, skincare analysis, makeup artistry and application, business management, team education, and advertising. I've learned more than I could leave here, and I am beyond glad that I was given the opportunity to be a part of this company!
Pros
Skills training, products, compensation plan
This was a very productive employment opportunity. Plenty of Consultant and Manager Continued education workshops.
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NJJune 29, 2016
Overall Mary Kay Inc. offers flexible hours for any situation. Products are excellent and backed 100% by the company.

Great company benefits, great income potential and the FREE car and paid insurance ( at management levels) is a welcomed plus.

A Fortune 500 Company I was proud to work for. !!!
Pros
Tax write offs, great products, continued support from other employees.
Cons
No cons for Mary Kay Inc.
Make your own hours
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 29, 2016
Make your own hours
Set your own appointments
Sell to whom you want
Great pay
Go to meetings with people who support you
Get a free car
Sales position where the higher you go the more your focus turns to team building rather than selling the actual product.
Senior Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 26, 2016
Mary Kay is a great opportunity however make sure that you are actually selling the product; not just continuously ordering more inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was watching women find a confidence within themselves that they never knew they had. The hardest part was having to motivate others. You can only lead a horse to water.
Pros
Prizes, income potential, friends
Cons
commission based, pressure from upline.
Believing in your products that you sell.
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2016
The best company to work for. Every easy to sell but you have to love on what you are doing and believing. It does happen. You can make lots of money and also it is hard work too.. I became director for the company within my first six months with the company. That was work.
Pros
working from home
Cons
nothing negative - lots of hours at the beginning of your busy and controlling your money
Who doesn't like a job that you can party as much as you want?
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moundville, ALJune 23, 2016
Able to work your own hours! Enriching women's lives with amazing the Mary Kay legacy. Your always meeting new people. Great company rewards program!
Pros
Being your own boss! Tons of business recognition!
I am my own boss and make my own hours and business decisions
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 22, 2016
I typically give free makeovers so women can try our products

I learned how to be responsible as a business owner

Management is great (I am my own boss)

I have no co-workers. Everyone runs their own business but my FRIENDS who also sell Mary Kay are amazing women.

My "job" is very laid back and since I control how my business runs, there really isn't anything hard about it

I love meeting new women. I love getting to know them and hearing their stories. Each person is unique and it's interesting to see how.
Pros
I'm my own boss
A Great Place to Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 21, 2016
Fun, Fast Paced and Upbeat!
You choose your strategic partners, your mentors and your core team. This means you get to pick the skill sets, talents and personalities you want to work with. You are in full control and you call all the shots.
Pros
Be your own Boss
Cons
Commission Based
productive
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2016
There is always something to do & there is always someone out in the world looking to find their inner beauty. A typical day at work for me is going out to a busy area looking for someone that could be interested in the product I'm selling. I manage my own business. The only hard part of the job is when you lose a customer because they feel like they found a better product to use. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to wake up whatever time you want to & work how ever many days you want too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Kay Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2