Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Great Benefits
Senior Import/Export Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas,TexasFebruary 11, 2016
This is a great company with an awesome culture and fabulous benefits!! Management sometimes is not forth coming and trust is an issue. They do try an promote growth of everyone.
Beauty Consultant
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALFebruary 18, 2016
The flexibility, time management skills, sisterhood, being my own boss, ability to move up a career corporate ladder are all benefits of being a Mary Kay beauty consultant.
Excellent on the go fun
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, AR and Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2015
* maintained a balance for my director
* I learned the importance of customer service
* management was excellent. provided lots of support
* excellent coworkers and many content experts
* hardest part of job was developing customer base
* most enjoyable part of the job was working with the directors to set up the parties and generating income from them
Pros
excellent opportunities, many at higher levels were willing to do whatever they could to assist
Cons
more benefits besides products would have been nice. ex: medical benefits
First class company designed to teach people how to build confidence with their own businesses.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 29, 2015
First Class career! Integrity and God-centered. Teaches skills on how to build-up people to their highest potential. Encouraging and affirming. Teaches how to run your own business with unlimited earning opportunity. Keeps God, family, and career in perspective. World-wide organization designed to better the lives of any one involved. Professional training in business management and team building with a generous reward system. Teaches women (men too) to find the beauty within and build confidence and self-esteem.
Pros
A very good support system and excellent business training.
Cons
It draws one out of her comfort zone, which in the end is actually a "pro" instead of a "con."
productive fun and loving co-workers with large lunch room
Material Handler/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2016
I love working at Mary Kay. its a great work environment. I only hope to get a pay raise. what I do is in a timely manner handle product placing them in set areas for assemblers. wrap pallets and ship them. scan labels into set areas. help coworkers keep up production.
Pros
light work
Cons
alot of light work at once any giving day
Excellent place to work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2016
This the best place I have work, wish I would have never quit. Plenty of room for advancement. Benefits are great. The recognize good work and reward you for it.....
Pros
Great work environment
uncapped income,your own business on your time, fun sorority type bond forms with your Mary Kay sisters and brothers
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2016
a typical day of work for me consist of talking to the people i feel could benefit from the use of our products on line at the grocery store, at my hair appointment, salon etc... its a really organic way of doing business and i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love that i am working for a company that values me. i have learned how to belllter connect with my peers better time management and business savvy when it comes to purchasing inventory. The most enjoyable part of ny job is the freedom.
Pros
independece, diamond rings, cars, recognition
Cons
None!
Mary Kay is a great company to work for and the benefits are by far one of the best in the DFW area. The people are fun and the largest assets.
Sr. Contract Mfg. Buyer (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 14, 2015
The company in general was cultivated to instill a family oriented culture with values and principles set forth by the company's founder.

Although the values and principles remain a priority with the senior management, the company appears to be undergoing a major paradigm shift specifically in the Manufacturing arena. The company was previously a Top 10 place to work for in the DFW area in the mid-90's. Presently, the company is experiencing some uncharacteristic turnover rates and most of it is attributed to the change of senior management, however, others are leaving for opportunities with other direct-selling companies or just leaving for a change of pace.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having an opportunity to work alongside my colleagues and meeting the new employees in the process. Incorporating new ideas and processes made the job challenging, but it was also exhilarating to witness how the results benefited company performance. The financial stability of the company provides a high level of job security for an individual who is looking for a long-term career with one company which in today's time is unheard of.
Pros
Clean work environment with covered parking.
New enviroment
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Enjoy working here, gave me a new career out on reception. Miss working here. Only thing bad about this job is not benefits.
Pros
great team
Cons
no benefits
My own boss
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bay Minette, AlabamaAugust 18, 2015
My work life is very unstable at this point because Mary Kay is a direct sales company you have to put a lot of work in to get even the tiniest bit out. I would love to say that I love everything about it but I would be lying I wish that is was a little more routine ( as in I new how much I would be making each week so I could pay my bills).
Pros
Promotions are at your pace, family is important, value of the company are great.
Cons
not a steady pay not benefits really at this point
Fun and money making hobby!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMarch 11, 2016
I love the products so selling became an easy way to make money on the side and have fun with women in my local community! I love the ladies I work alongside as well as all the local women I get to meet when we host parties or attend events. I have really built up my confidence and public speaking abilities.
Pros
flexibilty, not confined to any geographic area
Cons
fluctuating sales/salary
Work
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 11, 2016
Prepare a Mary Kay show with 6 customers, show and teach them
how to use the products, let them feel in their face and touch their skin, to notice the difference how their skin looks and feel now.
Sales the basic set of cream, set of glamour, set of anti-aging, etc.
Recruits and train the new Mary Kay's consultants;
Prepare meetings with Consultants, Team Leaders, Sales Director and Senior Director.
Assist to Seminars at Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; New York, New York, and other locations.
The hardest part of this job is to collect the payments, sometimes you have to make couple attempts before they paid you.
The most enjoyable are the Quarterly gifts, to won a car, to become a Team Leader, Sales Director, Senior Director or National Sales Director.
Pros
Won a car
Cons
healthcare.
Innovative and personally satisfying
Supervisor Processing Operations (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2015
Mary Kay is a enjoyable ;lace to work. They believe in a work/life balance and treat employees fairly. The management invests a lot into the employees to improve their skills and participation in change.
Fantastic Direct Sale Company
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 27, 2016
Typical Day: you make your own schedule to include activities such as: phone calls, classes, training, fairs, and more.

Management: work on a team with your recruiter and director as much or as little as needed.

Co-workers: wide variety of people are apart of Mary Kay, there are always great people to befriend in your unit.

Hardest Part of Job: you only get results when you put in the effort, it can be easy to get discouraged.

Most Enjoyable Part of Job: working with a product I trust and love, having fun with friends, running my business the way I want.
Pros
Training, Resources, Income Opportunity, Incentives
A great place to start your Independant Beauty Career
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Addison, TX 75001June 11, 2016
Mary Kay gives you training and opportunity to learn and grow your business. The hardest part of this is to invest money to keep your business going. No co workers just team members.
A typical day is calling up clients you have serviced looking for a rebook. The most enjoyable part of my work is to make people feel good and help them find the beauty that is unique inside of themselves. Management or Directors are skilled to motivate you to want to be a high achiever.
Pros
working hard to succeed in the beauty business
Cons
money to invest into your business to keep it going.
Productive Social Workplace
Independant Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2016
roaming areas of Sacramento looking for customers to buy my product i learned how to be a social butterfly management not so great job was very easy and fun most enjoyable part was actually selling my product
Not the right match
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 24, 2016
I joined Mary Kay thinking about its long years of being a great company in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. I was very excited to be able to join the team. As I shared with the hiring leaders, I wanted to help be a change agent and to streamline my areas of responsibility and be able to have great relationships with the leadership that I supported.

Unfortunately, Mary Kay has a legacy culture and is very reluctant to change anything about its processes.

In the end, this position was not a match for me.
Pros
Great people, great office
Cons
Inability to change
I am my own boss and make my own hours and business decisions
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 22, 2016
I typically give free makeovers so women can try our products

I learned how to be responsible as a business owner

Management is great (I am my own boss)

I have no co-workers. Everyone runs their own business but my FRIENDS who also sell Mary Kay are amazing women.

My "job" is very laid back and since I control how my business runs, there really isn't anything hard about it

I love meeting new women. I love getting to know them and hearing their stories. Each person is unique and it's interesting to see how.
Pros
I'm my own boss
Working at your own pace and place
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 17, 2015
A typical day working with MK is waking up and messaging, calling, or texting customers or potentioal customers. You plan parties, one on one consultations, and build relationships with customers. You are your own boss which I love! I have freedom to express the way I want to run the business. The hardest part of the job is dealing with no shows at parties, it is just more so working on not being offended that they didnt come. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping women feel beautiful!
Pros
advancements, praise for good work, work from anywhere
Cons
commission can be positive or negative
Wonderful Christian based company.
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYNovember 8, 2015
Mary Kay is a wonderful company. The company allows you to advice of far as you would like by meeting team member growth and sales expectations. I learned new skills including inventory maintenance, customer service, scheduling, and ordering. The Mary Kay family was amazing to work with. Everyone supported one another and helped each other advice in their careers. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was meeting new people and learning new skills.
Pros
Insentives, Career advancement
Cons
So many people are Beauty Consultants that it is difficult to build a strong customer base.

4.4