Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,188 reviews matching the search
mary kay
business owner/ marketer/ hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 25, 2017
Mary kay is a difficult company because you are in constant competition with many other ladies. In canada there was a lot of support, but also a lot of bullying
Steady pace enviorment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TMay 25, 2017
You think Mary Kaye You think cosmetics all kinds. Fast paced enviorment but very organized. Always had to stay focused and pay a lot of attention to detail that's something I also had to learn fast. It paid off in the long run as far as having other jobs and knowing the in and outs of running a assembly line. The hardest part about the job at first was makin sure every item bottle of whatever was placed right because when it comes to you. I enjoyed the people I was working with. Maybe it was because they were older I don't know lol.
Pros
climate controlled, benefits
Cons
long hrs standing in one place, short breaks
mary kay sales director
SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2017
This is a hard review, because I thought Mary Kay Ashe was phenomenal and such a pioneer. But it's not a great company to work for.

The compensation plan stinks. And having inventory and doing parties is a very difficult life and business.
Being a beauty consultant
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAMay 23, 2017
I love helping women feel great about themselves. As well as working with others to help them achieve their goals. Not only do I teach women how to do make up and skin care but I have trained others to do the same.
Entrepreneur (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCMay 22, 2017
The leadership in Mary Kay has a legacy that surpasses most corporations. The integrity that has been passed down and instilled is us during our leadership training makes us a cut above.
sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 22, 2017
 Mary Kay Consultant
 Booked Parties
 Hosted Parties
 Book keeping
 Profit of 15,000 as part time sales associate Work at your own pace/ costly start up
fun, easy going, fast paced
Sales Directors Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 22, 2017
I loved working at Mary Kay. My boss was a sales director and she was very easy going and relaxed. She did have deadlines, but she was really helpful with everything that I Needed and everything I needed to know. I would definitely work for her again.
Hard work ,a lot of dedication
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2017
Check phone book to see who i can get to be able for a facial. Try to give atleast 10 ladies a week for a facial, and try to get 5 out the 10 ladies to order product . I manage myself but had deadline to complete . I had a certain amount of Mary Kay that had to be sold.
One of the best network marketing companies to work for!
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2017
MK is a proven network marketing company with incredible products! Each person who decides to join the company makes his/her own success. If you choose to create a selling team, the support and encouragement that is available is probably the best out there! A typical day of work in a consultants' life would be lots of contacts with their circle of influence, demonstrating products to customers, and keeping customers supplied in their makeup needs.
best culture and values
Independent Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLMay 17, 2017
This company has the greatest income potential, best culture and values. The companys philosophy is God 1st, Family 2nd and Career 3rd. The company values its sales force. We have a 53 year history.
Pros
income opportuniyt, culture, values, recognition
Cons
nothing

Want to know more about Mary Kay Inc?

Ask a question
An amazig opportunity
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Geneseo, NYMay 17, 2017
Mary Kay is an incredible opportunity for anyone who wants to put in the time to work and get recognized for one's work. This company has the belief of GOD first, Family second and Career third. I am blessed t be associated with so many great women and men who are with this company.
Pros
To many to place here
Cons
What I put into it, the more I get from it!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZMay 17, 2017
I have been associated with Mary Kay for nearly 25 years now. From day one back in November 1992 to present day...I can honestly say , I love what I do! I love the rewards, the products and my sister consultants and sales directors!
Pros
Unlimited income potential
Cons
Unable to work it 24 hours a day!
Great Experience
Independent Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 16, 2017
As an Independent Sales Director you are provided with 100% support from the company. The effort you put in is correlated closely to your return. Our commission and prizes are generous. It has been a great experience.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2017
As a Independent Beauty Consultant you are your own Boss. Mary Kay Inc. is an enjoyable company that empowers women to be their best self. There are Mary Kay meetings all over the country to help inspire women to work their business and the company helps by creating incentives and providing an enormous amount of education.
Pros
You are your own Boss
Cons
You are your own Boss
Unlimited income
Senior Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
Be your own boss, greatest feeling ever. Helping others feel good about themselves is very rewarding. Both men and women succeed equally in this company.
great product
Personal Make up Consultant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 15, 2017
-you have to work your business to make money
-I have great people skills because of this company
-I absolutely love my leaders
-my leaders give gifts just because sometimes and when we accomplish our goals
-extremely encouraging people, amazing products and love that I can work my Mary Kay business whenever I want to
Very Fast pace and Upbeat
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 15, 2017
You have to have time to maneuver and reach out to people. The Typical day has to be talking to people and reaching out. It is very competitive and you will see that lots of people are in to it or have tried to the business aspect for themselves.
you get out what you put in
Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 13, 2017
Being part of Mary Kay is Wonderful!! lots of wonderful people and products, but it is a Sales Job. you get out what you put into it Sucess is not just fun and Games but hard work and dedication. With MK the hard work and dedication is Fun with Party games.
Great stepping stone
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 12, 2017
Typical day is waking up, making phone calls and providing excellent customer service.
I gained confidence, leadership skills, interpersonal skills.
Everyone is their own boss in the business as a whole.
Dress to your best to attract customers.
Hardest part of the job is knowing when to give yourself "me" time.
Pros
Friends and confidence
Cons
Traveling
Amazing business opportunity!
Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76133May 12, 2017
I love Mary Kay! The products are great. I lobe being my own boss and the flexibility and i love how i get to meet awesome women and be around positive influential people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Kay Inc. Our community is ready to answer.