Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,122 reviews matching the search
IT Governance Consultant - ServiceNow Admin (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 5, 2017
As a contractor at Mary Kay, they treat me very well. They value my work, opinion, and praise my performance. Its surprising how well they treat contractors because most companies stay detached or impersonal to contractors. As a contractor I only get Benefits from my recruiting company. From what i've noticed, Mary Kay provides excellent benefits. Tuition reimbursement, Generous PTO, and flex days. Also very good health benefits.

I personally think Mary Kay is a great company to work for. They have a great culture there and salaries are competitive compared to national and local markets.

As long as you don't mind dressing in shirt and tie or dresses and suits everyday, you may enjoy working here as much as I do.
Pros
Great benefits and great leadership
Cons
none that I can think of
Mary Kay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ohio, VirginiaNovember 23, 2016
Great business for self employed minded individuals. Great products for women and men. Great advancements. The goal is to get that car so you have to sal sale sale. It is also a great Bussiness to meet like minded people. Gatherings every week to keep abreast of what's new in the market of cosmetics. Great convention all over the state. You can coordinate parties host parties or just come to parties no pressure just have fun. Mary Kay consultants rule!!!!
Pros
Great benefits, you can set goals to reach, sale as much or little as you want no pressure it's your Bussiness
Cons
Keeping inventory can sometimes be a challenge when you buying slot of product and it's moving slow.
Great people, great company
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 27, 2016
As a contractor, job security/advancement does not apply to my position. However, I have first-hand knowledge of this company's dedication to promoting from within. As a result, mid-career positions are somewhat limited. If I could accept a junior or entry-level position, I would jump at the chance at a permanent position.
Pros
Altruistic company, awesome culture, fabulous products, wonderful people, exceptional work-life balance
Cons
Formal work attire (cost of wardrobe and dry cleaning can get expensive)
Made for women with busy schedules
Beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Mary Kay is a sales organization that provides cosmetics and other beauty supplies to consumers. The products are sold by home-based independent consultants who often use in-home sales "parties" to make presentations. Consultants also attempt to recruit others into the business as a means of increasing their own revenues. A career as a Mary Kay consultant offers a number of possible benefits as well as challenges.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No Guaranteed Income
Empowering Women Made Fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 11, 2017
Teaching women how to love themselves in the skin they are in would never be so fun without Mary Kay. I loved every moment in my expierence with the company. There is always room to move forward and be even more successful in the company. And the fact that they offer cars as compensation is quite competitive to grab!!!
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
Long Trips, Investment
My insight!
Independent Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAFebruary 9, 2017
I've been a Mary Kay Consultant for seven year's now and I enjoy working for the company. I love enhancing my own beauty and being a Consultant allows me to receive discounts on my own personal products as well. My goal is to empower my client's. In spite of, I enjoy building every client self-'esteem and helping my client's to achieve healthy looking skin. The hardest part of my job is getting out in the field to obtain new client's because everyone don't obtain knowledge about the benefits of Mary Kay skin and body care products. Therefore, it is my duty to show people why Mary Kay is beneficial for everyone. I've learned how to build rapports with different types of people and I've learned that everyone do not use a daily regimen.
fun enviroment to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2016
Great company to work for, you have advancement to grow with the company, the benefits are great. I love doing my job. Working with people are one of my professional skills. I would definitely tell anyone to work for Mary Kay
Pros
the people make the company
Very rewarding
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 18, 2017
BEST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD!!! The schedule is perfect and the benefits are even better. Make-up and girl time. Awesome prizes when you work hard. Great experience for working outside the home as well.
Pros
All the make-up you could ever want
Fun and sometimes Challenging work place
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNMarch 16, 2017
A typical work day consisted of me making reminder calls to potential customers. I would make certain that I had the correct skin types for each potential client. I would also make certain that I had snacks, water, and hostess for each gathering. Some parties were very successful and other times people would not even show up. Overall this was a nice experience for me, sometimes it was profitable and other times it felt like the parties were purely for promotion of the items.
Pros
I designed my own schedule.
Cons
inconsistent funds
Productive and a fun place to work
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2017
The day started by reviewing our production sheets with our fellow employees, they will take over where we left off at. I've learned a lot there. Miss that company very much. The management was terrific. The company in general made you feel like you were working with family. the wasn't really a hardest part of any job. Most enjoyable part of the job every year Mary Kay Corporation would rent out Six Flags Over Dallas for the employees.
Pros
free lunch on your birthday and anniversary
Cons
Positive people, who are supportive and anxious to see eachother suceed.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 26, 2017
There is no management structure. It is a direct sales company; where each consultant is their own, independent business owner. But the company offers extensive training material and classes, to teach you to run your own business. And your business is only as successful as you make it.
My experience has been mostly positive. The other consultants and sales directors are very supportive, friendly and always make themselves available to me. There are weekly meetings, for training and new product launch. And many opportunities offered to grow your business.
The most difficult aspects that I've found in being a Mary Kay Consultant is that there is a very narrow customer base and so many other product lines to compete with; everything costs money out of pocket; I have to order from the company every month just to stay "active"; and much of my money spent, is used on free sample products, used to generate business, with no guarantee of a return.
Pros
Ability to make my own schedule; 50% commission on all sales
Cons
Does not offer a steady income; limited customer base
Best Company ever!!!
Independent Sales Director & Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNJune 29, 2016
Mary Kay cosmetics is hands down the most excellent company I have ever had the pleasure of working with!! This opportunity found me as I was graduating college, and I never thought that I would work in a field predominantly of women, or with cosmetics & skincare. Little did I know that it was SO much more than that, and it has been one of the biggest blessings for me and my family!!

MKC has taught me all about product management & demonstration, accounts receivable & payable, customer service, computer skills, product sales and marketing, skincare analysis, makeup artistry and application, business management, team education, and advertising. I've learned more than I could leave here, and I am beyond glad that I was given the opportunity to be a part of this company!
Pros
Skills training, products, compensation plan
Very nice community for the residents.presentable, but b
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 17, 2016
The community is very nice, but the company was poorly managed. I learned a lot more patience dealing with former co-workers, and grew to love the residents.
Pros
Bonding with the residents.
Cons
Short breaks, hardly any benefits, poor management.
Independently own and operate my own business
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 6, 2016
Speak with potential customers regarding the benefits comparisons prices etc. of the services offered by the company
Attempt sales through phone calls, internet and personal relationships
Design exclusive advertisements for company services
Collect all necessary customer information needed for service contract and input into company system
Follow up with new customers to ensure satisfaction
Attend conferences to stay updated on services and features
Pros
your your own boss
Fulfilling Career
Independent Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCMarch 13, 2017
Mary Kay is a very fulfilling and exciting career. The sister consultants are supportive, positive and encouraging. Earning potential is unlimited, prizes are rewards are numerous, and goals are celebrated in fantastic and fun ways. It is the ultimate pink bubble that seems almost too good to be true.
Pros
Encouragement, free training, unlimited earning potential
Cons
Inventory is strongly reccomended
Positive work enviorment
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 25, 2017
On a typical day I would first check my email. I would call back clients interested in make up. I loved teaching people how to apply make up. I learned how to manage my own company and be my own boss. I learned time management. The hardest part of the job was waiting for customers to need more product.
Pros
My own boss, work from home
Cons
waiting for people
Freedom and Flexibility
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I love my Mary Kay business, it is a wonderful feeling when you can make someones day by showing them a fun time and making them feel better about themselves. I also love the freedom and flexibility the schedule offers however, I do not work with people everyday and I do miss the daily interaction with co-workers.
Pros
Flexibly Scheulde
Cons
No benefits or 401k
Fun, exciting work place
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 5, 2017
You completely control your income and your work hours. There is no pressure at all to make a sale. There are great team members to help you throw partys and get your business running and incurage you to keep it going.
Pros
You get to be your own boss, self management, work as little ir as much as you want, great team members to help you.
Cons
Monthly requirements
Empowering Women
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 21, 2016
Man, where do I begin?! I LOVED working for Mary Kay!
The company was amazing and very well thought out. Earning things and winning prizes was easy.
The hardest part about my job was not putting enough time in to it. I had another job so I couldn't fully invest in to it. I would say that working for Mary Kay needs to be a full time job in order to see any real benefits (like a car).
The best part? The way that company makes you feel! They make you feel like you can do anything. They make you feel beautiful and of worth.
I learned from this company that I can do anything and that I shouldn't listen to what the world has to say because I'm perfect and strong.
Pros
1/2 off beauty products, free car
Cons
Not fully invested
This was a very productive employment opportunity. Plenty of Consultant and Manager Continued education workshops.
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NJJune 29, 2016
Overall Mary Kay Inc. offers flexible hours for any situation. Products are excellent and backed 100% by the company.

Great company benefits, great income potential and the FREE car and paid insurance ( at management levels) is a welcomed plus.

A Fortune 500 Company I was proud to work for. !!!
Pros
Tax write offs, great products, continued support from other employees.
Cons
No cons for Mary Kay Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Kay Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

93%