Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Entrepuenership is great
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2016
Having your own business is great you can run it how you like to and its your own business, marykay is a great side hustle because not only can you use the products but you can sell it at your own time
Excellent company to work for.
Consultant-self employed (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIApril 20, 2016
Mary Kay is an excellent company to work for. All the higher-ups in the company are amazing, and the company offers amazing benefits!
Great Company
Sales Director and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAApril 15, 2016
Thanks to Mary Kay, I was able to learn how to manage my own business while being an Independent Sales Director. Passing on the things I learned to others was a great experience.
Great experience
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MoApril 13, 2016
had a great experience. money was great . learned a lot. great teams.. commision was great. great company to work for .. managemant was good. learned great sales
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Beauty consultant with an independent beauty company
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 12, 2016
Practice full hands on business and management skills. Maintain and organize products and time all while having fun and playing with makeup.
Based on sales and commission
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 7, 2016
Great life and work balance. You are you're own boss. you set your own schedule. The hardest part of the job is meeting people for selling the product and setting up facials.
Pros
make up products
Cons
don't make any money unless you sell product
Mary Kay
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTApril 2, 2016
This is a company you will love working for because your in business for your self not by your self. It will empower you in ways you won't believe and you will have great support from sister consultants all around the world. You will have a great schedule and you can work around your own schedule and not be tied down to a 9-5 position.
Good for Students
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAApril 1, 2016
The company is great if you love people and love sales. It is great because you can create your own schedule.

The only draw backs are if you are not into going up to strangers trying to get leads. It was hard at first but it became second nature.

They offer a lot of training oppportunites to help you succeed. It is a direct Sales Company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Commision Based
Fun working environment
INDEPENDENT BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAMarch 26, 2016
Being a Mary-Kay independent beauty consultant brings on a lot of challenges but it is also very fun and rewarding. The coworkers are really nice and very supportive. They help you out to reach your goals and always encourage you to keep being motivated. I think the hardest part about this job is probably finding the right type of client and adapting to always being on the move. But overall it's a really great job and experience.
Pros
Self employed
Cons
products are pricey, also having to go out and knock on doors to look for clients
Productive Social Workplace
Independant Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2016
roaming areas of Sacramento looking for customers to buy my product i learned how to be a social butterfly management not so great job was very easy and fun most enjoyable part was actually selling my product
Great Schedule
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, SCMarch 16, 2016
I loved working for Mary Kay. I made my own hours. Hosting promotion parties and selling products to customers made me feel very influential. My clients gained confidence and security.
Self Employment
Independent Contractor, Director (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 12, 2016
It was nice to be self sustaining and meet new people. I like being able to be their for my clients and cater the products to meet their specific needs.
Fun and money making hobby!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMarch 11, 2016
I love the products so selling became an easy way to make money on the side and have fun with women in my local community! I love the ladies I work alongside as well as all the local women I get to meet when we host parties or attend events. I have really built up my confidence and public speaking abilities.
Pros
flexibilty, not confined to any geographic area
Cons
fluctuating sales/salary
Servicing Customers through make-up needs
Senior Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bryant, ARMarch 8, 2016
Independent beauty consultants selling Mary Kay products are self-employed individuals who can profit by purchasing products from the company and re-selling them at suggested retail prices. Since the company began in 1963, consultants have been throwing parties, holding classes and finding other ways to promote Mary Kay's makeup, fragrances and more.
Pros
Customers and Building Relationships
Cons
Limited products to offer customers. Also, not having access to a local Sales Director.
I work independent. I am my own boss.
Customer Service/Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLMarch 7, 2016
Great company if you put your effort and time on it. Really have opportunity for growth. Very good products, customers are happy. Meetings are fun. Good pay.
Pros
Independent
great income and products
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2016
Mary Kay is a company that offers a great income with outstanding customer service. The company goes above and beyond for their customers . I love working with people!!!
Great fun, hard work
Mary Kay Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2016
Enjoyed the comradery of consultants and the fusion we had with the community in Texas where this business is based I thoroughly enjoyed this position.
Pros
Good opportunity
Cons
Not enough money made.
Perfect job for people that want to be their own boss
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I love working for Mary Kay. Flexible hours and there's nowhere to go but up! you get out of this job what you put into it. The leadership we have provides so much help and support to ensure we are doing the best we possibly can.
I have expounded upon my customers service skills and created an excellent customer base for myself.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job with Mary Kaye cosmetics is that I have the opportunity of servicing women and men from different ethnic backgrounds that love using the product. I truly enjoy being able to help anyone that needs and wants to partake of what Mary Kaye Cosmetics has to offer.
Pros
My Company allows me flexibility in my schedule. We are also rewarded regularly for our success.
Beauty Consultant
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALFebruary 18, 2016
The flexibility, time management skills, sisterhood, being my own boss, ability to move up a career corporate ladder are all benefits of being a Mary Kay beauty consultant.

4.4